4 out of 10 : Poor 6 11.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-25, 11:17   Link #21
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Well that really one trainwreck episode, Roid betrayal literally should happened one episode ago

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand in the end we don't know who the hell is Lady M.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:32   Link #22
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Wow, that was one hell of a ride. What an episode. What a rehash of the Frontier finale.

Hayate and Freyja together at last! And Mirage is fully accepting of them!

Roid tried to pull a Grace O'Connor maneuver. What a surprise.

Marianne is alive!

No punishment for the Windermereans. Damn.

No resolution of the Lady M plot point. Damn you, Kawamori.

Sword-wielding variable fighter. Interesting.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:36   Link #23
Thess

This episode is one big TOLD YOU SO. Keith taking down Roid was foreshadowed for ages. The question was would he die himself to do it or would he survive? Could have gone either way (Keith himself was a big death seeker character). I felt their relationship and scene was actually well done. It was one of the few things that had been gradually developing and wasn't a dropped plot point.

Bogue being the hero was hilarious. He returned to be that good kid who used to idolized Keith by letting go of his hatred. He was more proficient in saving Walkure than killing them.

Well, even if I didn't like Freyja/Hayate, I'm glad they didn't cop out her healing like Sheryl's. Yet anyway...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:40   Link #24
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I was impatient and absolutely had to watch this as soon as possible.

Spoiler:
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:45   Link #25
Thess

OH YEAH, CAT SENSEI LIVED.

That makes it a 10/10 episode in my heart.

The future of Windermere isn't ignored at all. Wasn't it mentioned that Heinz called for peace negotiations (what Roid rejected behind everyone's back in episode 15)? I need to re-watch it, but I think he did. So it's done.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-09-25, 11:46   Link #26
D-Joe

Broke a tradition by gave the other characters bad written treatment, such confidence.
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:52   Link #27
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The future of Windermere isn't ignored at all. Wasn't it mentioned that Heinz called for peace negotiations (what Roid rejected behind everyone's back in episode 15)? I need to re-watch it, but I think he did. So it's done.
Oh yeah, that's right. Got it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:53   Link #28
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Wasn't it mentioned that Heinz called for peace negotiations (what Roid rejected behind everyone's back in episode 15)? I need to re-watch it, but I think he did.
Yes, he did.
Right around the end, ordering his soldiers to return and says Windermere will listen to their [Chaos] side.

Windermere issue is resolved ambiguously like Frontier, wherein we don't know what will be involved in their discussion or political affairs.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:55   Link #29
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Oh yeah, that's right. Got it.
Yup, what should have happened in episode 15 but Roid delayed that. The issue with many people here is that they wanted to see Windermere defeated or destroyed and the direction of the story was another. They were the ones who needed to let go of their grudge.

Old 2016-09-25, 11:56   Link #30
Gravitas Free Zone

We didn't get air surfing, but we did get a water-skiing Elysion and the obligatory punch in. I wanted them to fire a Macross Cannon in the other arm just to prove that it could be done.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:57   Link #31
Thess

Yeah, the aerial battles were kind of disappointing this time. That's why I'm lowering some of the score. I was mostly satisfied with the ending, but the action could have been better.

Old 2016-09-25, 11:57   Link #32
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

I'm still sad that Keith had to die, even though it was more than appropriate that he was the one to take down Roid. I wanted him to get a happy end with Heinz and to repair their brother relationship after all those years of Keith acting like a walnut.
Old 2016-09-25, 12:01   Link #33
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
I'm still sad that Keith had to die, even though it was more than appropriate that he was the one to take down Roid. I wanted him to get a happy end with Heinz and to repair their brother relationship after all those years of Keith acting like a walnut.
Keith's outcome was happy (also fitting). Keith has always wanted to die protecting what he cherished. He has always carried out the guilt for surviving that day the bombing happened and he couldn't stop the tragedy. He gave his other brother peace he seemed to want and went with him into their 'wind'. I think it's better he performed his last action not out hatred, but out love.

I suspect both Heinz and Freyja will be fine now that system was taken out and would age normally (for Windermerians I mean). The crystallization didn't reach their faces (brains), so they'll be okay for years.

Old 2016-09-25, 12:13   Link #34
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Yeah, Keith's end was very fitting. He died protecting the skies of Windermere, Heinz' wishes to bring Windermere into better times and killing Roid (liberating him) from his madness. I agree it was a very good ending for Keith. He let go of the darkness in him and his last actions were out of the love in his heart.

Can I say though that I still wanted Bogue at least injured? Little nitwit had me buttraging throughout the whole series. At least I got a laugh out of him blushing when he saved Makina and Reina.
Old 2016-09-25, 12:19   Link #35
Thess

Bogue wasn't going to be hurt because he was too much of a goofy comic relief character to be in real danger. He'll likely become the White Knight now. I hope he regains some of his adorable childhood personality (judging by his flustered reaction, I think he may).

Old 2016-09-25, 12:32   Link #36
HirouKeimou

Biggest disappointment in my corner is song choices for this episode...

Because Absolute Five is teased for like 2-3 episodes, is their idol group song, and it's not sung in this episode... And, it's kind of disappointing because I believe it'd be a good song for the finale rush rather than Absolute Zero Novatic...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 12:33   Link #37
Thess

Yeah, but I got my wish of DYRL sang by JUNNA so I'm gleeful.

Old 2016-09-25, 12:35   Link #38
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yeah, but I got my wish of DYRL sang by JUNNA so I'm gleeful.
But the arrangement made it so that it didn't even feel like DYRL.
Old 2016-09-25, 12:36   Link #39
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But the arrangement made it so that it didn't even feel like DYRL.
I thought it was beautiful all the same, though.

Old 2016-09-25, 12:50   Link #40
Dash_Hunter

The episode was really good, the battles were great, it felt a bit rushed but it was expected.

I liked that that all three characters confessed but I didn't like too much that Mirage practically had to do it to encourage Freyja to do it as well. The little flashbacks when everyone were being connected to the fold network were good, my favorite was Mirage's, ugh such a good character wasted in this series by some mediocre writers, she really feels like an afterthought to fill a role they needed and her character deserves better (IF there's a movie I really hope she gets a moment to shine and an actual character arc).

I laughed when the windermereans were surprised that Roid was a traitor, I mean really? specially Keith, after all he discovered he just went along with Roid's plans so I saw fitting that both died together, oh and Bogue, even though I laughed when he helped Makina and Reina that doesn't erase all he did before, so yeah he's still the worst character of the series and I was hoping he would die.
Windermere's situation at the end is not clear, Heinz talks about peace negociations and they retreat to their planet, I hope the first requirement for the negociations is that Windermere has to abandon all occupied planets.

I'll have to wait for the subs to really understand everything, but all in all I liked the series finale.