AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-06-13, 17:56   Link #7021
Silvertail
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Canada
I think the reason why Ichika is weak is because he tried to have a peaceful life. He learned material arts from Chifuyu for self defense, he wasn't trying to be a warrior or a soldier. Houki and Rin chose their lifestyles because they believe "might makes right".

It's also possible Ichika subconsciously suppress his natural abilities because he didn't want to be seen as a monster. That's why he avoided thinking about how he could pilot a IS, he knew he didn't want to know the answer.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 05:55   Link #7022
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The author sucks. I brought this up before but has Ichika ever actually won a fight on his own that wasn't interrupted by stupid plot shenanigans?
I see that the author made Ichika this way. Guess that he wants to show the readers the females are superior to men. huh? Doesn't anyone agree with Bakato regarding this or do anyone have the different reason why Ichika's so weak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
I think the reason why Ichika is weak is because he tried to have a peaceful life. He learned material arts from Chifuyu for self defense, he wasn't trying to be a warrior or a soldier. Houki and Rin chose their lifestyles because they believe "might makes right".

It's also possible Ichika subconsciously suppress his natural abilities because he didn't want to be seen as a monster. That's why he avoided thinking about how he could pilot a IS, he knew he didn't want to know the answer.
I see. So, Ichika had tried to live a normal life. He didn't want to be labeled as a monster. A reason why Ichika avoided thinking about piloting an IS. Who knew that a happy-go super genius can be this cruel.

Could it be Ichika's own special ability to heal his wounds including serious injuries faster than any human possible is the reason why he's this weak?
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 08:13   Link #7023
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
I see that the author made Ichika this way. Guess that he wants to show the readers the females are superior to men. huh? Doesn't anyone agree with Bakato regarding this or do anyone have the different reason why Ichika's so weak?



I see. So, Ichika had tried to live a normal life. He didn't want to be labeled as a monster. A reason why Ichika avoided thinking about piloting an IS. Who knew that a happy-go super genius can be this cruel.

Could it be Ichika's own special ability to heal his wounds including serious injuries faster than any human possible is the reason why he's this weak?
Even so, he can just outlast the opponent (then again, Byaku Shiki ISN'T a good IS.)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 11:15   Link #7024
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Isn't Ichika just.....actually kinda weak? Like everyone else has had way more training than he has and he's never been noted to be particularly talented. Dude is just straight up a scrub who happens to have decent gear
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 12:06   Link #7025
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Even so, he can just outlast the opponent (then again, Byaku Shiki ISN'T a good IS.)
If that's the case, why won't he just get a new IS that isn't defective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Isn't Ichika just.....actually kinda weak? Like everyone else has had way more training than he has and he's never been noted to be particularly talented. Dude is just straight up a scrub who happens to have decent gear
I notice that Ichika has no battle experiences. Chifuyu must have enrolled him at the last minute. Which isn't good. She should have give her brother enough prep time to get ready before entering ISA. Take a look at Cecilia and the other girls, they have months to prepare and look what it got them.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 15:17   Link #7026
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
If that's the case, why won't he just get a new IS that isn't defective?



I notice that Ichika has no battle experiences. Chifuyu must have enrolled him at the last minute. Which isn't good. She should have give her brother enough prep time to get ready before entering ISA. Take a look at Cecilia and the other girls, they have months to prepare and look what it got them.
Chifuyu didn't want him to be a pilot and Ichika didn't want to be one either, they just didn't have a choice in the matter iirc

It's probably Tabane's fault, like 90% of the story is "Tabane was bored and wanted to cause trouble"
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 11:23   Link #7027
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Chifuyu didn't want him to be a pilot and Ichika didn't want to be one either, they just didn't have a choice in the matter iirc

It's probably Tabane's fault, like 90% of the story is "Tabane was bored and wanted to cause trouble"
Really? I thought Chifuyu forced Ichika to enroll the IS Academy. After everything they went through, it's hard to believe that Tabane can be labelled as innocent.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 10:29   Link #7028
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Really? I thought Chifuyu forced Ichika to enroll the IS Academy. After everything they went through, it's hard to believe that Tabane can be labelled as innocent.
The whole series is basically:

"Tabane NO!!!!"

"Tabane YES!!"

Also, Ichika is not smart bookwise, but he is good on critical thinking and developing strategies on the fly.

Again, if Byaku Shiki didn't have that leaking energy for his Yukihira, he would be top tier.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 17:50   Link #7029
Chaos-Zero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
This story of Infinite Stratos is in quite a predicament. First, Ichika almost got killed by the IS harem again due to the mishaps that the new girl, Airis, has made. Then, he stormed to rescue Houki. Thus, having him badly injured. Then Houki loses her own personal IS. Then all of the sudden, Madoka show up stabbing Ichika right in front of Chifuyu after Tabane told him regarding the origin of the Project Orimura. Also, his skills as the IS pilot haven't improved that much since Tatenashi came along claimed to be his "special coach". Not to mention the IS girls haven't made much progress with Ichika as far as their relationship is concerned.

What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2022-06-29 at 18:03.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 15:39   Link #7030
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
This story of Infinite Stratos is in quite a predicament. First, Ichika almost got killed by the IS harem again due to the mishaps that the new girl, Airis, has made. Then, he stormed to rescue Houki. Thus, having him badly injured. Then Houki loses her own personal IS. Then all of the sudden, Madoka show up stabbing Ichika right in front of Chifuyu after Tabane told him regarding the origin of the Project Orimura. Also, his skills as the IS pilot haven't improved that much since Tatenashi came along claimed to be his "special coach". Not to mention the IS girls haven't made much progress with Ichika as far as their relationship is concerned.

What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?
Complete reboot lol.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 17:30   Link #7031
MaskedRider
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Complete reboot lol.

Personally, I'd welcome it. Toned down the cliché jealous violence, add some character interaction that actually goes somewhere, allow Ichika to get better as a pilot, and the author needs to make up their damn mind as to who Ichika will end up with.

I'm sure said author noticed that the era of the MC who ends the series not choosing anyone (and things not moving forward) is a thing of the past. Readers can either live with the choice that was made or write a fanfic of their own.
MaskedRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 19:17   Link #7032
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
Personally, I'd welcome it. Toned down the cliché jealous violence, add some character interaction that actually goes somewhere, allow Ichika to get better as a pilot, and the author needs to make up their damn mind as to who Ichika will end up with.

I'm sure said author noticed that the era of the MC who ends the series not choosing anyone (and things not moving forward) is a thing of the past. Readers can either live with the choice that was made or write a fanfic of their own.
Volumes 1 to 7, I think was the peak of IS, (subtracting the jealousy scenes)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 23:29   Link #7033
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Volumes 1 to 7, I think was the peak of IS, (subtracting the jealousy scenes)
So

Subtracting 70% of the story then

I kid, I kid
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 17:20   Link #7034
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?
At this point, he's better off adding retcon scenes showing the each of the heroines making individual progress with Ichika throughout the story, then writing an omnibus "bonus" novel after the final volume showing Ichika choosing each one of the heroines in turn (in separate story timelines). That would keep the fans from rioting over their heroine not being chosen.

But at this point, I think it's obvious to us that the IS author didn't plan out the story well enough to cater to fans of each of the heroines. Charlotte used to be so sweet, but she fell into the same "violent tsundere" archetype that was first occupied by Houki.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 17:55   Link #7035
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
At this point, he's better off adding retcon scenes showing the each of the heroines making individual progress with Ichika throughout the story, then writing an omnibus "bonus" novel after the final volume showing Ichika choosing each one of the heroines in turn (in separate story timelines). That would keep the fans from rioting over their heroine not being chosen.

But at this point, I think it's obvious to us that the IS author didn't plan out the story well enough to cater to fans of each of the heroines. Charlotte used to be so sweet, but she fell into the same "violent tsundere" archetype that was first occupied by Houki.
Tbh, they should just make it so Ichika was actually in love with Tabane this whole time, the only girl not into him.

Story ends with him chasing her while the girls chase him.

Looney Tunes soundtrack plays over the ending
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-04, 17:16   Link #7036
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Tbh, they should just make it so Ichika was actually in love with Tabane this whole time, the only girl not into him.

Story ends with him chasing her while the girls chase him.

Looney Tunes soundtrack plays over the ending
Give me a moment to write out Sacred Twins as the IS reboot, and watch the franchise flourish! xD
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.