AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 17:06   Link #1701
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well I'm glad to find out this is normal and I'm not doing anything horribly wrong with building my characters yet or anything. I actually have the first sets of armor for all three characters now, but still no fire attacks although Uya and Melodiana are present as guests. I'm also starting to get to where I can kill pretty much enemy that has appeared so far although some are definitely tougher than others. The biggest pains right now are definitely the 2nd tier Harpy enemy and the scorpion enemy in the fire level that has no real weakness to exploit, but thankfully doesn't do all that high damage either.

Going to focus on getting everybody up to around level 12 before I finish the chapter since that seems to be where the toughest enemies are capping atm.
Yeah, the harpies are annoying buggers due to charm. Make sure you carry around a few of those clarity powders since they cure charm. Church sells them for 100g a pop if you can't synth them. Sell any treasures that you find at the church for some quick cash, they are listed under the "other" tab.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I was in your shoes about a month ago, struggling to do much of anything with weak characters that felt frustrating compared to what the forum posts made it seem like. Just hang in there and it'll pay off.

Here's some interesting info that you will definitely find useful if you don't know this already:

Costume requirements

Spoiler for costume requirements:
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:02   Link #1702
TakenForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
At 45? Just use them in the low level NG+ mine dungeons. You should have elemental weapons or really strong weapons that will make up for any level difference.
I guess imma use singate to 60.... I forgot about the OP treasure weapons I gotten from the level 90 dungeons. The only problem with going in at lvl 45 is that I will get 1 shot by some attacks sometimes & I still don't have the Vulcan meteorite to boost up my defense- even though I cleared Avert Bay, Pl. Mountains and Valkyrie falls, I still only have 3 meteorites =.= I guess you get the rest from the other 2 dungeons I didn't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Yeah, the harpies are annoying buggers due to charm. Make sure you carry around a few of those clarity powders since they cure charm. Church sells them for 100g a pop if you can't synth them. Sell any treasures that you find at the church for some quick cash, they are listed under the "other" tab.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I was in your shoes about a month ago, struggling to do much of anything with weak characters that felt frustrating compared to what the forum posts made it seem like. Just hang in there and it'll pay off.

Here's some interesting info that you will definitely find useful if you don't know this already:

Costume requirements

Spoiler for costume requirements:

I'm still having nightmares trying to clearing Phema mountains.... In total, I used over 60 goddess tears because everytime I would get hit, the mobs would apply charm / confuse / para / fear all together =.=

Last edited by TakenForce; 2012-08-01 at 20:13.
TakenForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:37   Link #1703
karburator

Who do you think will be good as a main character for fighting?
I'm in my fifth playthrough and i'm using these characters mainly: (in this order)
Mylen - Prevail and Ferocity, access to elemental swords, great movement and range.
Lily - Demon Lord Gloves (good range and 185 omni damage) combined with Blood Suck.
Wil - Force Field, 175 Omni Damage.
Asmodeus - Awesome AOE, base damage 180 Earth and can reach 200 with skill.
Yuela - Force Field + Vorpal\Counter + Flurry + Kitchen Knife + Prevail + Undress.
Eukleia - Force Field + nice damage + Flurry + Death.

What's important is skills, I don't intend to get all characters to level 99 just to check,
so i'm asking, which characters has good skills?
Also it's pretty important to have an ultimate weapon of at least 40 STR\INT or to be able to use swords for the elemental ones.
And one strong skill with good range or damage, better be Omni or affected from the weapon.
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:41   Link #1704
TakenForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by karburator View Post
Who do you think will be good as a main character for fighting?
I'm in my fifth playthrough and i'm using these characters mainly: (in this order)
Mylen - Prevail and Ferocity, access to elemental swords, great movement and range.
Lily - Demon Lord Gloves (good range and 185 omni damage) combined with Blood Suck.
Wil - Force Field, 175 Omni Damage.
Asmodeus - Awesome AOE, base damage 180 Earth and can reach 200 with skill.
Yuela - Force Field + Vorpal\Counter + Flurry + Kitchen Knife + Prevail + Undress.
Eukleia - Force Field + nice damage + Flurry + Death.

What's important is skills, I don't intend to get all characters to level 99 just to check,
so i'm asking, which characters has good skills?
Also it's pretty important to have an ultimate weapon of at least 40 STR\INT or to be able to use swords for the elemental ones.
And one strong skill with good range or damage, better be Omni or affected from the weapon.
I use mylen the most because she does an insane amount of damage and have a skill with a range of 9.
Old 2012-08-01, 21:02   Link #1705
TakenForce

I came up with a better idea... I can keep my group at lvl 50 & craft previal III accessories for them to use

Old 2012-08-01, 21:06   Link #1706
karburator

Yeah but not so useful if to get it you need your group at 90+ to begin with..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenForce View Post
I guess imma use singate to 60.... I forgot about the OP treasure weapons I gotten from the level 90 dungeons. The only problem with going in at lvl 45 is that I will get 1 shot by some attacks sometimes & I still don't have the Vulcan meteorite to boost up my defense- even though I cleared Avert Bay, Pl. Mountains and Valkyrie falls, I still only have 3 meteorites =.= I guess you get the rest from the other 2 dungeons I didn't do.

I'm still having nightmares trying to clearing Phema mountains.... In total, I used over 60 goddess tears because everytime I would get hit, the mobs would apply charm / confuse / para / fear all together =.=
You need Faithful Necklaces that bring Anti-Charm so that you won't get charmed at all,
you get the recipe after finishing Phema Sluicegate.
Old 2012-08-01, 21:06   Link #1707
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
On your first playthrough, Emelita's route is the hardest to do. Personally I did Yuela's on my first play but I hear Serawi's is also fairly easy except for the mission where you have to race an NPC to a certain location. Whew, what a wall of text.
I played at normal, and use deadbeat dugeons, so maybe my opinion may not quite correct...

But i thought Emelita's the easiest option at the 1st play through? Deadbeat + Emelita =$$$. And then it's not quite fair for the monsters when everyone in my groups and them only lvl 40~ish, while Emelita is on 90.

I actually enjoy the story more than the grinding, so i don't know if i should try hard in 2nd play. Save+ load to get good lvl stats sounds like a pain. Should i go hard with Serawi?
Old 2012-08-01, 21:07   Link #1708
styr

Serawi and Eushully-chan get that range 9 attack and also that range 3 attack that boosts str by like 20. Although at extreme levels like what you have karb you probably don't need them since most of your characters can move 9+ spaces in one turn, lol.

Lyphia has amazing holy spells+incredible AoE spell, not sure if it can match Asmo's though. Aht is another option and has 7 move base at 99 and only cost 31 units, might be an option if you have some spare but not enough for a better char. Cover III makes her a good wall for others like Yuela.

@risingstar - I didn't use deadbeat until my third playthrough, haha. I was tired of leveling new people up the normal way and said f it. Hannah went from 19 to 52 in like an hour while I whacked on the deadbeat boss with 2 training bracelet and Wil went from 55->64 while I cycled my other 1 on Yuela/Serawi/Emil and they are all 60 now starting from 54/55. Sooo easy.

I haven't finished Serawi route, finishing up ch 8 stuff now before moving to ch 9. If you are overleveled even hard mode won't be too hard except for when doing the NG+ stuff. My 2nd play was Emil and I basically skipped through it as quickly as possible ignoring most side quests, haha. I only started NG+ dungeons on my 3rd play, and when I do my 4th I'll have access to lyphia/eve, Roka, and lily.

Honestly I think the NG+ dungeons are quite challenging at times even on normal, but I'm not very hardcore and I only just recently got my first Marwen's (lol) when most of my chars were 55+. If you do your 2nd time on hard be prepared. Maybe see how the first two chapters are on hard and see if you like it? If you save during the epilogue you can reload and watch the song play again and then you can remake if need be. Before starting your second play you might want to try doing some of the extra stories (also you HAVE to get the bonus condition on these maps to unlock the chars). "Angel's melancholy" is easy and gives you access to lily when you make new game+, who is a superior version of sharty and very good. the "hot springs stories" give you leguna/stone golem as new playable characters for completing every story (all 4 of them) but neither of them are very good so i skipped them myself. angel's melancholy took me less than an hour to figure out.

Last edited by styr; 2012-08-01 at 21:23.
Old 2012-08-01, 21:17   Link #1709
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Serawi and Eushully-chan get that range 9 attack and also that range 3 attack that boosts str by like 20. Although at extreme levels like what you have karb you probably don't need them since most of your characters can move 9+ spaces in one turn, lol.

Lyphia has amazing holy spells+incredible AoE spell, not sure if it can match Asmo's though. Aht is another option and has 7 move base at 99 and only cost 31 units, might be an option if you have some spare but not enough for a better char. Cover III makes her a good wall for others like Yuela.

@risingstar - I didn't use deadbeat until my third playthrough, haha. I was tired of leveling new people up the normal way and said f it. Hannah went from 19 to 52 in like an hour while I whacked on the deadbeat boss with 2 training bracelet and Wil went from 55->64 while I cycled my other 1 on Yuela/Serawi/Emil and they are all 60 now starting from 54/55. Sooo easy.
Life is short, why don't use deadbeat

But should i try hard next? Like i said i just want to clear and get through as much dialogue, CGs, replay screens as possibles. The game mechanics itself was fun, but the reward lied on those screens, not the items, $ of it.
So challenges to get and keep all of those kisses and xxx worthwhile is definitely good. But reloading 10x times every turn and and waste 2 hours on a map is not my cup of tea.

So should i try on hard?

PS: on Serawi, haven't tried her route, but i have a feeling that she's a sadist (always-smiling onee-chan type, who actually want to dominate you when her masks fall off). So in Yes/ No answer to avoid spoiler, is she a sadist/ dominant type?
Old 2012-08-01, 21:22   Link #1710
karburator

If you don't want to get stuck up on some maps and missions don't try on hard.
And no, she is not like that.

Quote:

I haven't finished Serawi route, finishing up ch 8 stuff now before moving to ch 9. If you are overleveled even hard mode won't be too hard except for when doing the NG+ stuff. My 2nd play was Emil and I basically skipped through it as quickly as possible ignoring most side quests, haha. I only started NG+ dungeons on my 3rd play, and when I do my 4th I'll have access to lyphia/eve, Roka, and lily.

Honestly I think the NG+ dungeons are quite challenging at times even on normal, but I'm not very hardcore and I only just recently got my first Marwen's (lol) when most of my chars were 55+. If you do your 2nd time on hard be prepared. Maybe see how the first two chapters are on hard and see if you like it? If you save during the epilogue you can reload and watch the song play again and then you can remake if need be. Before starting your second play you might want to try doing some of the extra stories (also you HAVE to get the bonus condition on these maps to unlock the chars). "Angel's melancholy" is easy and gives you access to lily when you make new game+, who is a superior version of sharty and very good. the "hot springs stories" give you leguna/stone golem as new playable characters for completing every story (all 4 of them) but neither of them are very good so i skipped them myself. angel's melancholy took me less than an hour to figure out.
I find Eushully useless even with that, never tried Serawi beyond level 40.
Actually most my characters can only move 6-7 per turn, only Mylen gets to 9 or 11.

About Lyphia, what's her attack range, and what weapon is she good with her?
I don't like Aht generally, still not over her 2 movement nightmare from the early game,
and honestly, I don't expect anything from her, she is not a NG+ character or something.
Old 2012-08-01, 21:32   Link #1711
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
If you don't want to get stuck up on some maps and missions don't try on hard.
And no, she is not like that.
I don't mind to be stuck in some maps (as long as it's not 40-50% of them). But i really afraid of all those save/load to get good stats when lvling up...

Is it like a must for Hard?
Old 2012-08-01, 21:48   Link #1712
styr

Lyphia uses staves and is a caster. Her main nuke is a range 4 Holy spell "Cross Ciel" that is +20int -5spd +5crit. She has two aoe spells, one is a range 3 AoE that most casters have. "Sacred Column" gives +12int +20hit -10crit. The other (that she learns from her starting weapon) is range 5 omni type called "Meteor Swarm" that gives +30int -10hit. They cost 10/20 sp respectively. Both have charge timer of 5. Both are same size AoE, extending outward from target area for 3 squares. She doesn't have double action nor does she learn any new offensive skills, except for staff spells. Max move of 5 @ 99.

I was the same as you karb, I had a level 26 Aht when everyone else was 50+. So I stuck Marwen's on her and powerleveled in deadbeat and by the time Aht had caught up she could soak physical attacks better than Wil, although magic wasn't as good as Wil I used some resist&HP supplement to boost Aht's magic def and give her HP regen every round. She gains +2 move at 99, and Cover III at 50. The last two extra mov wasn't that important to me, but since my Wil isn't Magnus yet Aht is my first character with Cover III, which is great for my squishies when they get retaliated against doing range atks.
Old 2012-08-01, 21:57   Link #1713
karburator

But at this point of game there's no point for a tank and Cover III,
I need stuff to tear the enemies apart.

What staff will be best on Lyphia? As I said I prefer Omni, anything else is pretty limited.
I guess I'll try her up, first stop - Deadbeat Dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't mind to be stuck in some maps (as long as it's not 40-50% of them). But i really afraid of all those save/load to get good stats when lvling up...

Well, that depends on how it was on normal for you, if it was too easy, or challenging..
I don't think it's a must, some maps might take a little longer to do and might force you to use Deadbeat but it shouldn't be so hard.

If you look stuff up you can be more efficient, do the side story "Angel's melancholy" to get Lily,
she starts on level 1 so use deadbeat to level her up and she will be pretty useful.

Check these out:
http://games.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=102
http://kamidori.seiha.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://eushully.wikia.com/wiki/God_C...lchemy_Meister

You can find some really helpful stuff and random tips (Especially in the first).
This is not only just for playing on hard, it's really useful if you want to go through all routes.

If you just want to go through the game without all this mess then it's not really necessary,
But if you plan on having a third and fourth playthroug it's needed.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:55   Link #1714
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Well, that depends on how it was on normal for you, if it was too easy, or challenging..
I don't think it's a must, some maps might take a little longer to do and might force you to use Deadbeat but it shouldn't be so hard.

If you look stuff up you can be more efficient, do the side story "Angel's melancholy" to get Lily,
she starts on level 1 so use deadbeat to level her up and she will be pretty useful.

Check these out:
http://games.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=102
http://kamidori.seiha.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://eushully.wikia.com/wiki/God_C...lchemy_Meister

You can find some really helpful stuff and random tips (Especially in the first).
This is not only just for playing on hard, it's really useful if you want to go through all routes.

If you just want to go through the game without all this mess then it's not really necessary,
But if you plan on having a third and fourth playthroug it's needed.
I (shamelessly) exploited deadbeat, and both the wikis you listed above, so normal was a little easy

Especially when as stated, i used Emelita to farm bag of gems, and ended up lvling her up to 90 when most mobs are only at 40-50~ish..... Overpowered Emelita is overpowered. Tank, dd, and nuked all built in one. I also do every quests, clear every dungeons to "complete" status so didn't miss out a lot

So hard it is then? Have to finish my 1st play through with Elmilita first through, then it's Serawi's

PS: what is the "character artifact" that was often mentioned?
Old 2012-08-02, 00:28   Link #1715
TakenForce

YESS!! I'm so happy I managed to do isolated path without having to level up my team that much. I didn't have to use prevail bracers either!

ARGH =.= Isolated battle field unlocked.... Now I have to sort things out with 4 more people. Are there anymore of these types of isolation dungeons after this one??

Last edited by TakenForce; 2012-08-02 at 01:17.
Old 2012-08-02, 01:46   Link #1716
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Lol okay wow stuck again. Same old scenario, struggling to do damage to the opponent and the setup of the mission makes it even harder. It's the part where I have to take on the reaper. All my attacks of course do exactly one damage cause there's just no way for me to do more at this point and to make matters worse it has a one hit kill ability that kicks in and kills me completely at random. I have to get it down to below 70% but that's really easier said than done since I'm basically being forced to pray that the one hit kill doesn't kick in while I'm plinking away for my one damage at a time. Not really sure what I'm expected to do here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:50   Link #1717
karburator

You should be able to do more than just 1 damage.
What level are your characters?
You should probably try to level them up at Deadbeat and try again.

Quote:
I (shamelessly) exploited deadbeat, and both the wikis you listed above, so normal was a little easy

Especially when as stated, i used Emelita to farm bag of gems, and ended up lvling her up to 90 when most mobs are only at 40-50~ish..... Overpowered Emelita is overpowered. Tank, dd, and nuked all built in one. I also do every quests, clear every dungeons to "complete" status so didn't miss out a lot

So hard it is then? Have to finish my 1st play through with Elmilita first through, then it's Serawi's

PS: what is the "character artifact" that was often mentioned?
Personally I never got Emelita beyond level 40 so I don't really know about her stats
but I think hard will be fine.

Artifacts are accessories that only their destined character can use,
It each brings double action and then some more.
For example Yuela's artifact brings Peerless Swordman which includes
Double Action, Levitate and ForceField
(ForceField does not allow enemies to hit you with ranged attack)
It's extremely good but to get it you need to farm some pretty strong monsters.
Old 2012-08-02, 01:58   Link #1718
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
You should be able to do more than just 1 damage.
What level are your characters?
You should probably try to level them up at Deadbeat and try again.
Everyone but Emelita did 1 damage and she did 3 thanks to her doing magic damage. After a lot of frustrating saving and loading I finally managed to beat it, but wow that was tough cause of the one hit kill. Keep in mind I'm playing on hard where many enemies defense stats are jacked through the roof. Emelita is coming up surprising huge in this end of chapter stretch.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 05:21   Link #1719
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Everyone but Emelita did 1 damage and she did 3 thanks to her doing magic damage. After a lot of frustrating saving and loading I finally managed to beat it, but wow that was tough cause of the one hit kill. Keep in mind I'm playing on hard where many enemies defense stats are jacked through the roof. Emelita is coming up surprising huge in this end of chapter stretch.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Aht is immune to reaper death effect. At least I used her to tank hits and she never got affected by death. At least not until later in the game when her purification event happened.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:28   Link #1720
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:

Actually you don't need to save scum. When you ng+ you can revert all characters to level 1 with the stats they had in a previous game.

Tags
eushully