AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 10:48   Link #81
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Gohan being in SS form bugs me. Hopefully, Toriyama's memory isn't so bad that he forgot the Mystic form was Gohan's ultimate potential.
Old 2012-11-11, 11:11   Link #82
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Quote:
Of the 13 Dragon Ball Z, all have been spin-offs that have nothing to do with the story of Dragon Ball Z. The new 2013 movie, however, will change things. Multiple sources have informed Saiyan Island the Dragon Ball Z 2013 movie story will be a part of the Dragon Ball Z series.

The timeline is between Dragon Ball Z manga chapters 323 and 324 (or 517 and 518 when factoring in the original Dragon Ball). In other words, Dragon Ball Z 2013 will tell the story of what happens after Goku defeats Kid Buu and during the 10 year timeskip before the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament.
Take that as you will.
Then I’ll take it as I will .

Shadow5YA said DBZ movies always been non-canon. So, he’s not really wrong. The movies we get so far are rather non-canon (thus, I agreed). Whether the 2013 movie will break the chain or not is another matter.
Old 2012-11-11, 13:23   Link #83
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ The difference here is that Toriyama has direct involvement with the story of the film this time around. So I think we are supposed to consider it as canon.
Old 2012-11-11, 13:37   Link #84
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
So Gohan will transform into a super saiyan again? I wonder how many people will say that because of that, he won't turn into Mystic Gohan again.
Mystic isn't a transformation, though. It's his normal state of being. He shouldn't be able to transform into a Super Saiyan anymore. He tried after being unlocked, and merely powered up, but didn't transform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I mean, Gohan being a SS in this timeline? Pretty fishy. Isn't his "Ultimate" form supposed to make his SS form obsolete?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Haven't DBZ movies always been non-canon and had trouble fitting within the continuity?
Unlike other movies, this one has a specific timeframe for when it occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Gohan being in SS form bugs me. Hopefully, Toriyama's memory isn't so bad that he forgot the Mystic form was Gohan's ultimate potential.
The only way it would work for me without being irritating is if he's trained just enough to transform, but that it doesn't grant him any additional power. Basically just letting him "look the part" or to keep his identity hidden or whatever.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 13:44   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ The difference here is that Toriyama has direct involvement with the story of the film this time around. So I think we are supposed to consider it as canon.
Once again, I didn't say that this new movie will not be canon. I only agreed that the DBZ movies we get so far has been non-canon (more or less). I know that Toriyama is directly involved in this. Thus, giving this new movie a great chance of being canon .
Old 2012-11-12, 11:21   Link #86
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The only way it would work for me without being irritating is if he's trained just enough to transform, but that it doesn't grant him any additional power. Basically just letting him "look the part" or to keep his identity hidden or whatever.
I could see it being explained in a few ways:

1.) After a few years of of no training and/or fighting (thanks to peaceful times on earth once again), the potential of Gohans full power has become dormant to a degree yet again. Perhaps that would open up the possibility of him getting back his mystic form throughout the film?

2.) Maybe the magical properties of Buu's digestive system took away his mystic form? (Unlikely)

3.) If Gohans mystic form is the form he takes upon unleashing his full power, then just maybe using SSJ1 would still give him the appearance of a Super Saiyan,(since that wouldn't draw upon his full strength), but mystic gohan becomes his new SSJ2 form. Or maybe they could even take it a step further by making his mystic form take the place of what would've been Gohan's SSJ3 transformation. Actually I think this would be kind of cool to show during the film. IMO, there's something badass about the idea of seeing Gohan power up through two different transformations just to have him revert back to his default form w/ SSJ3 strength.

Of course, I acknowledge that none of these possibilities will probably be the case. The skeptic in me believes that after all these years, they're more likely to have forgotten about his mystic transformation and the fact that his appearance shouldn't change. *shrugs*

Last edited by sayde; 2012-11-12 at 12:14.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 12:57   Link #87
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
2.) Maybe the magical properties of Buu's digestive system took away his mystic form? (Unlikely)
I think that's the explanation people tried to use in GT, but it's a load of crap. Main reason is that Mystic isn't a form, it's just how he is now. Fans only call it Mystic to specify what they're talking about.

Quote:
3.) If Gohans mystic form is the form he takes upon unleashing his full power, then just maybe using SSJ1 would still give him the appearance of a Super Saiyan,(since that wouldn't draw upon his full strength), but mystic gohan becomes his new SSJ2 form. Or maybe they could even take it a step further by making his mystic form take the place of what would've been Gohan's SSJ3 transformation. Actually I think this would be kind of cool to show during the film. IMO, there's something badass about the idea of seeing Gohan power up through two different transformations just to have him revert back to his default form w/ SSJ3 strength.
Super Saiyan 3 is weaker than Mystic, though. Remember, SSJ3 Goku had trouble with Kid Buu, while Mystic Gohan was able to completely shred Super Buu up through Piccolo's absorption. That basically amounts to Kid Buu + Fat Buu + Piccolo's power. Even with Gotenks absorbed he wasn't too terribly outclassed (though he was still definitely outclassed).

Quote:
Of course, I acknowledge that none of these possibilities will probably be the case. The skeptic in me believes that after all these years, they're more likely to have forgotten about his mystic transformation and the fact that his appearance shouldn't change. *shrugs*
Agreed. In which case, I'll believe he just trained enough to still transform with no change in actual power just to intimidate his opponent as a sort of mind-screw.
Old 2012-11-12, 13:34   Link #88
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Toriyama has bad memory, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he just forgot about Mystic Gohan. The problem is that if this is the case, it's a major screw-up.
Old 2012-11-12, 13:43   Link #89
sayde

Quote:
Super Saiyan 3 is weaker than Mystic, though. Remember, SSJ3 Goku had trouble with Kid Buu, while Mystic Gohan was able to completely shred Super Buu up through Piccolo's absorption. That basically amounts to Kid Buu + Fat Buu + Piccolo's power. Even with Gotenks absorbed he wasn't too terribly outclassed (though he was still definitely outclassed).
It seems to me like you're placing a little too much focus on the power behind the SSJ3 transformation itself in comparison to mystic Gohan's power. So what I'd like to remind you is that the power of these transformations is completely dependent on the power of the person using it. For instance, normal Gogeta or Vegitto would still be far stronger SSJ3 Goku. Baring that in mind, one could make the argument that if Gohan ever achieved a true SSJ3 transformation, it could conceivably surpass Goku's. Conversely, its also possible that Goku's SSJ3 transformation could one day surpass mystic Gohan's power (if it hasn't already). What I'm ultimately trying to say here is that there really shouldn't be any reliable correlation between the power of these saiyans and their power levels during these various SSJ forms. Each type of SSJ transformation may grant the same exact multiplier of power, but since the base power level varies from saiyan to saiyan, the power level during each SSJ transformation will inevitably vary as well. Its why SSJ1 kid Goten will probably always be weaker than normal Goku or why SSJ1 kid trunks was still implied to be weaker than normal Vegeta.

This leads to my next point.

Hypothetically speaking, just because mystic gohan's form could serve as a 3rd power-boost for him, there doesn't have to be any correlation between that and Goku's 3rd power boost (SSJ3). Gohan could still end up being far stronger than SSJ3 Goku. On the other hand, since this plot does take place a few years after the Buu saga, we must also be willing to accept the possibility of Goku's base power level rising enough to make SSJ3 Goku > Mystic Gohan. Afterall, we should all be aware by now of how much power levels can change over the course of only a year in this universe (much less multiple years). So if Goku's continued to train hard while Gohan's been taking it easy living his life (getting married, becoming a scholar, getting a job, raising Pan, etc), its not inconceivable.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-11-12 at 14:07.
Old 2012-11-12, 14:06   Link #90
GDB

Well, I was mostly going by how you said "with Super Saiyan 3's power", so I thought you were in the camp that thought Goku SSJ3 > Mystic Gohan (in the Buu Saga). My mistake. Still, the implication is that Gohan cannot get any stronger, since he's at his full potential. He's theoretically as strong as if he were SSJ3 with centuries of perfection to negate the power loss, with the "full power" kind of thing that he and Goku had as normal SSJs against Cell. Plus, Gohan has never been featured as SSJ3, so I doubt he'll ever get that transformation.

Speaking of which, anyone else expecting Vegeta to go SSJ3 in this movie to tie into the fact he was given the transformations in a couple of games? I'd also throw Future Trunks and Broly in, but they aren't in the movie.
Old 2012-11-12, 14:13   Link #91
sayde

Quote:
Speaking of which, anyone else expecting Vegeta to go SSJ3 in this movie to tie into the fact he was given the transformations in a couple of games?
I could definitely see that being the case. That possibility actually makes me wonder if we might get to see a SSJ3 Gogeta. Then again...forget about it. The universe would probably implode.
Old 2012-11-12, 14:55   Link #92
Gundamx

Am I the only one who can't enter the site?

kaspersky won't let me (site have Trojan or that what it say).
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:04   Link #93
sky black swordman

^ I didn't have problem entering the site, but I did get a warning that my computer was attack virus or trojan and block it.
Old 2012-11-12, 22:35   Link #94
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Anubis?
Old 2012-11-12, 22:59   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

As far as I can remember, Anubis doesn't have a rabbit head .
Old 2012-11-13, 00:14   Link #96
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
yes but I do not see any other "god egyptian" which could be like him or he is a god then yes Egyptian invent a god ok rabbit egypt
Old 2012-11-13, 00:47   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Anubis has a jackals head if I'm not mistaken.... He is probably an alien... makes us go back again at previous posts...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 08:51   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Old 2012-11-13, 08:55   Link #99
GDB

I don't get it. Who's the character on the right, and how are they similar at all other than having slightly purple elongations on their head?

Also, the Jackalrabbit's face reminds me of Babidi.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:03   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Please circle the correct answer.

Which one is the purple creature?
  1. Bugs Bunny on steroids
  2. A muscular Playboy Mascot
  3. A really mad Easter Bunny
  4. A fusion between a Saiyan & Energizer