AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2017-05-14, 00:17   Link #2961
The 48th Ronin

One thing's for sure. It'll be a bit awkward seeing the familiar mechas in CG compared to the previous two seasons.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 13:00   Link #2962
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Well, it is a blunder, but I'd say it's a forgivable one. Imagine how Akito would've turned out if they didn't get that fifth part? It's a scary thought because we all know how rushed and messy that turned out.

I only have a vague idea on it, so I try not to delve too deeply into this sort of topic. But yea, they should have a story outline by now, even if it isn't complete, it isn't uncommon for them to have already have the beginning and even ending already scripted. The real challenge is usually planning everything in-between.

If this sequel is to serve as a proper conclusion to the series, I'd very well like to see them reveal C.C.'s name. But, keeping it a mystery does have its own sense of charm/appeal, so I wouldn't really mind if we never find out her name tbh.

I still haven't seen those compilation OVAs yet, but if I were you, I wouldn't beat myself up thinking about them too deeply. Remember, each season only got one OVA, this time, we have three to work with. So we definitely will get more content... Still gonna suffer from cuts, but it wouldn't be to the extent of the original compilation OVAs.

Alright, I can agree with that. I'd rather not get a teaser at all if it's gonna take 2-3 years to push out the sequel itself. I see your point, but that's the thing about us anime fans, we can wait upwards of five years just to get a sequel or even a movie if that's what it takes. lol

I was the same, I thought nothing of the house (in the epilogue) in the past, but after talking with my buddies and then realizing that Mao placed even the tiniest bit of emphasis on his house in Australia, we just kinda drew that conclusion and stayed with it ever since. For example, he didn't need to give any description on it at all apart from stating where it was located, yet he did give us some kind of description to work with (that's what struck me as odd since it wasn't exactly something relevant considering we knew that Mao wouldn't be around after his arc).

Totally agreed. I'd love to see interactions like those because we'd really get to take a peek into the psyche of those who didn't know the truth (about Zero Requiem) and see how they perceived Lelouch's actions/intentions. I'd also like to see a post-epilogue scene showing various characters either in conversation or having a monologue to themselves regarding their overall thoughts on the matter and whether they have a positive or negative opinion of Lelouch and Suzaku.

Really? I've always kinda liked the ambiguity surrounding Lelouch's love life. It made things more interesting that way and as selfish as he was, he did have a few girls he'd give priority to. All of the other pairings were pretty much defined/obvious, Lelouch's love life was the only one of the bunch to be a triangle or larger. So, I never really had a problem with it.

I don't think we need to worry much about that. It's almost certain that the antagonist for the sequel is going to have a connection to geass. Thinking about it, there's no other reason that can force Lelouch to come out of exile to save the day. So, we can almost already imagine the scale of danger that the new antagonist poses to the world.

Thanks. Good to know that I wasn't off the mark regarding that character from Akito. Also, I'm with you on that as well. Akito had many unresolved plot points that seem relevant/appropriate enough to revisit in the sequel.

That befuddled me when I initially saw the PV for the sequel. I was wondering if any time had passed or not, then found out that a "few" years have passed shortly afterwards. If that's the case, I'd say it's a bad move to have them looking identical to what they looked like in the original series. It wouldn't hurt to have them look slightly older. Now, if this "few" turns out to only be 2-3 years, then I guess I can let it slide, but if it is indeed 2 years that passed, they were supposed to use "couple" instead of "few" (That's just me being a Grammarnazi, pay it no mind XD).
Would have been even more confusing I'm sure. I'm rather curious what may have ended up on the cutting room floor for that one or changed as production went on.

Same. I'd certainly like to know more of course. I actually find this sort of thing fascinating especially when with more flawed creations (Alien 3 comes to mind in terms of film). The issues the production team had in both seasons of the original show were always interesting to hear about. But hopefully they're using the time to plan all that out, but I guess things could even change if they did that.

Yeah, having it be something only Lelouch knows does have a charm to it. At the very least I'd like a scene where he says it to her again, since it always felt weird we didn't. I just hope it's not a death scene for her.

Oh I know. Just a tendency to read too deeply at times. Them having so many should hopefully mean this turns out better, though it's probably worth noting that both of those OVAs were 2 hours. If all these new ones are that long then you could certainly fit more scenes in. I just think it is probably worth looking at what scenes make it in and which don't since the purpose of these films would likely be to catch up new fans but showing them what they view as essential. The main interest for old fans would be the new scenes.

I'm not sure exactly if it does mean anything, but it'd definitely make sense if that was the case. It'd make sense if that was a safe house for instance that Lelouch investigated or something. Hell, maybe that's where the three of them went to plan out everything after taking car of Charles.

I like the idea of having more of an epilogue. With the new series, it could even give us more of a look at where everyone is. I remember that was a picture drama or something that had some still shots of characters after the series doing stuff for instance.

I'm generally not a fan of triangles and whatnot. I much prefer having a single relationship that develops over time. Code Geass isn't a romance series either, so if they were going to do romance I think it'd probably work better to have it build it up over time then having scattered scenes of various people pining unless it's ultimately used for character development. What they did with Lelouch was indeed a bit different since he never really confirmed romantic feelings for any one particular person for sure. But we did all that business in the first series already so I'd rather not have just a repeat.

Indeed it makes the most sense and I'll admit I always found that aspect to be the more interesting one. That behind all this world intrigue and war, there were supernatural forces at work that were at a much higher scope.

I also wonder if they might resurrect some plot points that got shuffled with R2, though I don't know if they were left out because of the changes that happened or because they just decided they didn't want to do them. I remember one was concerning Kallen's family or something and another regarding Suzaku seemingly having some connection with Geass or at least the potential.

Yeah, I was rather disappointed in that as well. A fun thing with time skips is seeing how characters may have changed, both in appearance and personality. I don't necessarily expect massive changes in appearance for everyone, but at least something would be nice. Granted, all those scenes in the PV might not appear as they did in the actual series and may have been made specifically for that PV to tease it so we could end up seeing them being different.

I've actually been wondering recently whether Lelouch really will be immortal and look the same as the previous series. It would be interesting having other characters older while appearance wise he had stayed the same. I find it hard to believe he won't be using his Geass either given how big a thing that is with the series, so if he's immortal they'll need to come up with a reason. There's been theories of course and they can certainly adjust the rules given how few we actually got. I also hope they don't add too many Geass users or have characters from the series suddenly get one as well like Kallen or Suzaku.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 08:38   Link #2963
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm also out of the loop on this save for tid-bits on the anime news network.
I'm following Space Battleship Yamato 2202 right now (it is AWESOME! ), but if I hear anything I will post it here.
Yep, it's difficult to get into the loop once you're out; it's also difficult to get out of the loop while you're in...quite the paradox, ain't it? : p (ohhh, Warriors of Love, ain't it? Yeah, should really watch the entirety of SBY someday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Cornelia while deserves to get Ripped by Lelouch for her actions still should live.
While Viletta needs to die the worst way possible along with Ohgi.
No lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I like the idea of having more of an epilogue. With the new series, it could even give us more of a look at where everyone is. I remember that was a picture drama or something that had some still shots of characters after the series doing stuff for instance.
Huuum, was this on blu-ray or smth? Cause the last PD I remember involving everyone, was the fireworks in Ashford Academy, where everybody (well, everyone alive) was commemorating their classmates and Lelouch.

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 20:19   Link #2964
ibby

I haven't read all the previous comments, in this thread, but I won't be surprised if characters for Akito the Exile popped up. I hoping that the upcoming tv series has a fight between Kallen and Corneilla, which fans were denied in the previous 2 seasons of Code Geass. I also would mind seeing a mecha fight between Akito vs Suzuka vs Zero, then teaming up together to take down the villains of the upcoming series. Plenty of great potential fights and various combinations, if characters from Akito the exile return. Hopefully the soundtrack, especially the OP+ED themes are something to look forward to. Despite seeing the new series pv/trailer, it would of been better, if the trailer had Lelouch lying down on the ground, and a close up of lulu with his eyes closed, and then his eyes opening, to tease the fans, and get the hype up more for this upcoming series. Defiantly something to look forward to.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 21:32   Link #2965
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipzizz View Post
Huuum, was this on blu-ray or smth? Cause the last PD I remember involving everyone, was the fireworks in Ashford Academy, where everybody (well, everyone alive) was commemorating their classmates and Lelouch.
Can't quite remember. I feel like it might have been a bit at the end of the Birthday one. Like the images were in the credits or something, but they seemed like they were post-series.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2017-06-11, 23:55   Link #2966
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipzizz View Post
Yep, it's difficult to get into the loop once you're out; it's also difficult to get out of the loop while you're in...quite the paradox, ain't it? : p (ohhh, Warriors of Love, ain't it? Yeah, should really watch the entirety of SBY someday)
Sorry for the late reply...summer chores and all that (rebuilding my GF's horse trailer bearings).

Yep, it is difficult once your out and addictive once you're back in.
SBY's new series is Soldiers of Love (or Warriors, it translates the same basically).

Here is the preview for episode 2, for anybody interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-h-...ature=youtu.be
Old 2017-06-15, 16:51   Link #2967
kipzizz

Quote:
Can't quite remember. I feel like it might have been a bit at the end of the Birthday one. Like the images were in the credits or something, but they seemed like they were post-series.
Hum, will have to look for that one then- if only, for curiosity cause I was pretty positive the last PD was the Academy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibby View Post
I hoping that the upcoming tv series has a fight between Kallen and Corneilla, which fans were denied in the previous 2 seasons of Code Geass.
Oh yeah, I agree; that's one fight I'd love to see! (even if we all know Kallen could and would pwn Cornelia within seconds and do her nails at the same time)

@Gundamfan - I have so much crap I'm watching/reading atm, but I have to make time for that one, if only for its title, haha. Thanks!

ETA : Well, sorry for the double post (will prolly merge with my last post after somebody else posts in here) but CG twitter news

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...ntdown/.119150

Last edited by kipzizz; 2017-07-25 at 07:09.
Old 2017-07-21, 11:00   Link #2968
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

So basically something is going to happen on the 28th?
First date of the first Comp. Movie maybe?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-25, 07:10   Link #2969
kipzizz

It seems like it; maybe the announcement for the release date of the first recap movie? We'll know soon.

Old 2017-07-25, 22:20   Link #2970
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Sweet. Got something to look forward to within the week. Fingers crossed it's the release date for the first movie and if it is, I expect it to release somewhere between Oct-Dec.

I also hope that they don't over-saturate the recap movies with too much 3DCG. I can do without too much of that thank you.

@Kipzizz: Iirc, you're permitted to double post if a reasonable period of time passes between your previous and new posts. It's generally viewed as rude to post consecutively within minutes of the initial post, but if the posts are a day or two apart and the info in the second post is considered relevant, you can double post. In this case, you're all good dude. Didn't need to delete your post and edit the old one since they're a month apart.

Heck, I just double posted in the Kakegurui (manga) thread a little while ago. lol

EDIT: Yup. A quick google search pulled this up (really old thread tho).
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 06:31   Link #2971
kipzizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Sweet. Got something to look forward to within the week. Fingers crossed it's the release date for the first movie and if it is, I expect it to release somewhere between Oct-Dec.
Most likely scenario, if there's any news about R3 too, that'll be even sweeter. One more day to know!

Quote:
@Kipzizz: Iirc, you're permitted to double post if a reasonable period of time passes between your previous and new posts. It's generally viewed as rude to post consecutively within minutes of the initial post, but if the posts are a day or two apart and the info in the second post is considered relevant, you can double post. In this case, you're all good dude. Didn't need to delete your post and edit the old one since they're a month apart.

Heck, I just double posted in the Kakegurui (manga) thread a little while ago. lol
Haha, yes, I know; but still, if I can edit, why not? Thanks for looking it up though!

Old 2017-07-27, 22:23   Link #2972
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Info on movies.
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode I Koudou (October 21, 2017)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode II Handou (February 2018)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode III Oudou (May 2018)

Also, both seasons of the original TV series will be rebroadcast starting in October on BS11, 2-episodes a week.

You may remember that Kazunari Tanaka, the voice of Tamaki, died last year. For the movies (and presumably for Resurrection) Tamaki will now be voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.

A new spinoff called Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Lancelot & Guren has also been announced, appears to be something similar to Oz the Reflection and has Suzaku and Kallen as dual protagonists.

A teaser site for Lelouch of the Resurrection was put up but only has comments from Taniguchi and Okouchi. Given the URL of the teaser site, it seems "Lelouch of the Resurrection" is probably the official translation. http://www.geass.jp/resurrection/

Last edited by Tokkan; 2017-07-29 at 09:44.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-28, 05:27   Link #2973
kipzizz

Too many gifts at once, Geass gods are quite generous with us, hehe
Really curious about the manga, it's coming really soon so I'm really looking forward to that!

Old 2017-07-28, 09:31   Link #2974
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-dates/.119436

Here's a link with some info as well as the posters for each film.

So is the film largely going to be reusing footage from the show alongside whatever this new footage ends up being? Just looking at the posters but the first one is obviously the first season and the second one looks to be as well. I can't think they'd try to cram all of R2 in one film though unless they make some serious cuts.

It looks like the spinoffs are novels rather than manga. The second spinoff mentions sounds interesting with it looking at six different people affected by the events of the series.

Depending on how far along Resurrection is, I wonder if we could see it debut in Fall 2018 as that wouldn't be too long after the last film provided they stay on schedule.

I'm still very curious about these new scenes as well as what makes it in and what gets cut, but we'll likely have to rely on word of mouth for what they contain.

Old 2017-07-28, 19:58   Link #2975
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Didn't Sunrise already develop two compilation movies of the series?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 08:42   Link #2976
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Info on movies.
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode I Koudou (October 21, 2017)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode II Handou (February 2018)
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode III Oudou (May 2018)

Also, both seasons of the original TV series will be rebroadcast starting in October on BS11, 2-episodes a week.

You may remember that Kazunari Tanaka, the voice Tamaki, died last year. For the movies (and presumably for Resurrection) Tamaki will now be voice by Nobuyuki Hiyama.

A new spinoff called Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Lancelot & Guren has also been announced, appears to be something similar to Oz the Reflection and has Suzaku and Kallen as dual protagonists.

A teaser site for Lelouch of the Resurrection was put up but only has comments from Taniguchi and Okouchi. Given the URL of the teaser site, it seems "Lelouch of the Resurrection" is probably the official translation. http://www.geass.jp/resurrection/
This just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter tbh. I don't like boarding the hype train too early, but when I see stuff like this, I really can't help but feel the hype man.

Quote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-dates/.119436

Here's a link with some info as well as the posters for each film.

So is the film largely going to be reusing footage from the show alongside whatever this new footage ends up being? Just looking at the posters but the first one is obviously the first season and the second one looks to be as well. I can't think they'd try to cram all of R2 in one film though unless they make some serious cuts.

It looks like the spinoffs are novels rather than manga. The second spinoff mentions sounds interesting with it looking at six different people affected by the events of the series.

Depending on how far along Resurrection is, I wonder if we could see it debut in Fall 2018 as that wouldn't be too long after the last film provided they stay on schedule.

I'm still very curious about these new scenes as well as what makes it in and what gets cut, but we'll likely have to rely on word of mouth for what they contain.
Those posters look really nice. I wonder if I search hard enough if I'll find HQ versions of them? The one with Lelouch in his Emperor attire is definitely gonna be my next phone wallpaper. lol

I'm starting to think that the cuts may be bad. I say this because if they're going to do a rebroadcast of the original series on TV. It tells me that even if they butcher (in an extreme case) the compilation movies, fans can still fall back on the reruns to get their fix.

I'm not saying they'll outright butcher it, but now that it's been announced that we're getting a rebroadcast, it probably gives them a bit more freedom when it comes to content cutting in the movies. Thinking about it carefully, these movies should be somewhere around 45 mins to 2 hrs tops in length (I did say 50-60 mins in our last discussion, but looking at some anime movies in recent yrs, there were a few that were just barely around 2 hrs in length). 50 episodes' worth of content just won't fit and that coupled with the fact that new material must be added as well... just doesn't help in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Didn't Sunrise already develop two compilation movies of the series?
Yup, there are two existing compilation movies. Dann and I discussed them in the page before. The difference this time is that the new compilation movies will supposedly feature new content which we're assuming would either setup the foundations for the sequel season or expand on some existing scenes in an attempt to flesh them out more.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2017-07-29, 08:47   Link #2977
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

New footage could theoretically retcon somethings imo.
I.E. Euphemia and stuff.

Whether they do that or not idk, also probably not.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 10:02   Link #2978
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^The potential retcons shouldn't be anything too major tho. They won't alter character histories or outcomes/aftermaths to events.

The biggest possible retcon they're going to make that we all know is guaranteed at this point is Lelouch surviving Zero Requiem.

They can do this without suffering any major backlash/repercussions solely because of how ambiguous the ending itself turned out. We never truly knew whether Lelouch died or not, so it's not much of a retcon, but more like a confirmation in this case.
Old 2017-07-30, 18:37   Link #2979
zalem

Technically he could still have died and they rez him for the new series somehow. The title certainly suggests that, but maybe they are just using that for drama. Well, we will finally get an answer one way or another.
Old 2017-07-31, 10:00   Link #2980
kipzizz

Quote:
^The potential retcons shouldn't be anything too major tho. They won't alter character histories or outcomes/aftermaths to events.

The biggest possible retcon they're going to make that we all know is guaranteed at this point is Lelouch surviving Zero Requiem.

They can do this without suffering any major backlash/repercussions solely because of how ambiguous the ending itself turned out. We never truly knew whether Lelouch died or not, so it's not much of a retcon, but more like a confirmation in this case.
Honestly, there's a tiny part of me that wants the retcon to be /that/ troll-ish extended scene regarding the cart-driver that was photoshopped with Lelouch's face...lmao, that would be epic trolling of mega proportions. : ppppp

But really now, I doubt they will touch anything from the ZR, as everybody agreed that it was probably the best part of R2 (if not the entire series) ; like you said, if Lelouch is "resurrected", can it be even considered "retconned" with such an ambiguous ending? Probably not. Depends on how they approach and explain this whole thing.

Tags
drama, mecha