AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-23, 10:50   Link #2201
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Is it normal to laugh at the final screen? When Nanoha and Fate continuously call each other name while break into tears....?

I really couldn't hold myself from smiling during the whole sequence. I mean the girl just lost her family, and about to leave her 'friend', and I was laughing like an idiot
Well, that depends. Laughing and smiling are two different things. Smiling is usually because you're content or happy with the result...And laughing...well, I guess that just means you found it funny. It's not any different than how the original season portrayed it though... to my knowledge.

Last edited by Demi.; 2011-02-23 at 11:03.
Old 2011-02-23, 11:21   Link #2202
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Scenes can impact people in different ways. Just look at Force, some people see the Hucklebein family as victims of circumstances that need a good hug, others see them as villains who need a good dose of Quattro-level befriending.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-02-23 at 15:59.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:36   Link #2203
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Scenes can impact people different ways. Just look at Force, some people see the Hucklebein family as victims of circumstances that need a good hug, others see them as villains who need a good dose of Quattro-level befriending.
Yup. I, for example, burst of luaghing when i see Hayate being backstabbed xD. The irony was too much for me to contain xD.

About MOVE 1st i have a big impact on me because i watched S1 and i'm councsicious about the two stories now, those kids really deserves to be happy T-T

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-02-24, 01:12   Link #2204
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Is it normal to laugh at the final screen? When Nanoha and Fate continuously call each other name while break into tears....?

I really couldn't hold myself from smiling during the whole sequence. I mean the girl just lost her family, and about to leave her 'friend', and I was laughing like an idiot
Depending on your yuri goggles, yes.

You may see it as trying too hard to imply a certain thing that is common to the magical girl genre. Or it's just funny/cute to see them being awkward because they don't know what to say. It's a source of so called "squee"

Personally, I usually lol at Fate when she says "your hand sure is warm"; oh silly girl.

Regardless, it's one of my favorite scenes in all of anime.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-02, 17:20   Link #2205
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Finally got around to watching the movie and... wow.

I can't understand how anyone considers this good.

It cut everything that made MGLN special away and turned it into a generic sci-fi shonen action flick with the short spiky-haired boys replaced with lolis.

Well, I have to admit, Seven Arcs didn't lie. They said they'd give the StrikerS treatment to the first season with the movie, and they did. It just failed miserably, because MGLN S1 is not StrikerS.

I will agree with the above posts that Nanoha and Fate's goodbye scene was definitely very Narmy. I know they were trying to convey a certain type of emotion without blatantly illustrating it, but I really think a kiss would have been far better...

My yuri goggles are constantly worn!
Old 2011-03-02, 17:26   Link #2206
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Eehh is not really that bad. The 1st season is not really that good so the movie obviously can not be good.

Nanoha has always been a shonen disguised as a mahou shoujo so nothing new there.

It looked pretty though.

That bridge scene... seriously I didn't know if to laugh or cry, it was that bad. (In the sense that the anime did it better of course)
Old 2011-03-02, 17:30   Link #2207
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well. everyone have their own preferences, i find it very well done. I love shounen action flicks after all, and even with the StrikerS tratement they definetly did a very good job with the action xD!(even better than StrikerS itself).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-02, 17:33   Link #2208
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Well, I have to admit, Seven Arcs didn't lie. They said they'd give the StrikerS treatment to the first season with the movie, and they did. It just failed miserably, because MGLN S1 is not StrikerS.
Strikers Treatment? Really? Because IIRC the fireworks here were much better compared to Strikers. Otherwise I can't seem to recognize the difference between the TOS and the Movie; if anything, the TOS was dull for the first six-seven episodes...*cough* generic jewel seed monster of the week plot *cough*
Old 2011-03-02, 17:33   Link #2209
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
A narmy not kiss scene so bad they should have studied the concept of Uncanny Valley? The more they try to be something without being it, the creepier it is?

I don't think I ever used that to critique subtext before :/

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-03-02, 17:40   Link #2210
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
A narmy not kiss scene so bad they should have studied the concept of Uncanny Valley? The more they try to be something without being it, the creepier it is?

I don't think I ever used that to critique subtext before :/
If it helps, the MOVIE 1st manga did it even more narmy xD!!!

Fate: We're definetly attracted to each other ....to be "friends".

...the funny part is the tranlator left "friends" between "".

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-02, 17:46   Link #2211
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Reminds me of the fushigi yugi fan dub parody. "It takes a real man to be able to kiss a man... just because i sleep with a man doesn't make me gay! ... Landshark!"

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-03-02, 18:54   Link #2212
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
That bridge scene... seriously I didn't know if to laugh or cry, it was that bad. (In the sense that the anime did it better of course)
The anime and the movie bridge scene are nearly identical. The only difference is the movie makes it go by a little faster due to time constraints. Maybe there are a few different angles, but the words they say, and the actions they take are no different.
Old 2011-03-02, 22:10   Link #2213
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, how come some of you act like you've never seen that scene before?

But yea, it's probably good that it doesn't imply too much... they are only 9 (Oh nos the FBI). It is nice that the writers actually paid attention to what age they are, for once.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-03-02, 22:15   Link #2214
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The only good part of the movie was the removal of the repetitive first three episodes.

But still... OH WE'RE GONNA REDESIGN RAISING HEART BECAUSE PINK IS A GIRLY COLOR

DURRHURR

DURRRR
Old 2011-03-02, 22:23   Link #2215
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
But still... OH WE'RE GONNA REDESIGN RAISING HEART BECAUSE PINK IS A GIRLY COLOR

DURRHURR

DURRRR
Agreed on that, RH's redesign feels stranged from it's original concept, but aside of that is very well animated and it still portray good levels of kickassery xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-03, 16:00   Link #2216
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Curved Bardiche also looks considerably less menacing than angular/sharp-cornered Bardiche.
Old 2011-03-03, 16:07   Link #2217
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Curved Bardiche also looks considerably less menacing than angular/sharp-cornered Bardiche.
I disagree on that, unlike TH the new Bardiche looks as cool as his original couterpart but ina different way, the rounded blade and extra spikes made him to look more stylish and menacing giving Bardiche the appearance of a real weapon instead of the angular "tech-y" design he have on the main continuity.

S1 Bardiche looks more sophisticated.
MOVIE 1st Bardiche looks more threatening.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-03, 16:14   Link #2218
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Series Bardiche is actually a historically accurate version. Bardiche's were forged with both curved and straight blades, depending on the forging methods used. Bardiche's with round blades are usually called battle Bardiche's.
Old 2011-03-03, 16:17   Link #2219
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Series Bardiche is actually a historically accurate version. Bardiche's were forged with both curved and straight blades, depending on the forging methods used. Bardiche's with round blades are usually called battle Bardiche's.
Hmmm... if that's true then probably i won't get my wish of seeing a more real designed Laevateinn.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-03, 16:21   Link #2220
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering Lævateinn is a mythological sword to begin with, seeing any realistic designs would be quite hard.
Closed Thread