AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-05, 23:04   Link #61
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, possibly. It depends on how much DNA altering transformation magic does, and it being 'transformation' and not 'illusion' I'd say it would. That'd mean that a girl who transforms the proper tools would be able to get another girl pregnant.

Now for the real brain-killer: What would happen if a man got himself pregnant while transformed, and transforms back?
This is not entirely possible, Keroko.

Transformation in the real sense may alter the body to switch between genders, but the mental state of said transformer remains largely unchanged. Well, unless the transformer becomes eccentric and changes how his or her brains work, too.

The ability to produce progenies (at least, in terms of Homo sapiens, not sure who qualifies as this in Nanohaverse other than Nanoha herself) is largely driven by the endocrine system. That is to say, even if Nanoha transforms herself to a male, she will lack the appropriate hormones to sufficiently induce the production of the male seeds unless she transforms how her brains work. Same thing goes the other way. I doubt Yuuno would've found a way to circumvent his hormonal system to suddenly start oozing estrogen and progesterone as well.

On the progressive look of things, this may explain why transformation is not generally retained for a long time (except for animal forms), since it'd look extremely awkward should a male Nanoha suddenly be looking a little bit more buxom on the ... you know what I mean.

Of course, this is just on the natural side of things ... nobody knows if it may happen when the synthetics, alter-egos, and other peculiarities are introduced.
Old 2010-08-05, 23:05   Link #62
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
One argument against why this might not be possible, is that we haven't seen anyone with two mommies or two daddies, that wasn't adopted. Transformation magic may give the outward appearance of something, but the form would be sterile, but who knows how far someone could take it if they were skilled enough? Obviously, the creators never thought down this path, but human nature being what it is (Rule 34), odds are some people in Mid-Childa experiment with it, even if only for a kink.
Y'know what? Since we're already on that topic anyway, might as well give a picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
That's what Familiars are for. Arf is worth any social stigma I can think of.
Familiars? Linith! RawR

The same could be said for Unison Devices, I guess

Anyway, someone better think of a new speculation before rule 34 goes full drive and this turns into a fetish fuel page

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-08-06 at 04:58.
Old 2010-08-06, 08:29   Link #63
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Anyway, someone better think of a new speculation before rule 34 goes full drive and this turns into a fetish fuel page[/SIZE]
Why do the numbers call Lutecia Lady?

How much of Carnegie does Megane own?

Does TSAB High Command know RF6 regularly meets up for training there?
Old 2010-08-06, 10:48   Link #64
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Did they? The most common name I remember was 'Miss Lu'. Must have watched a different fansub.

Quote:

Enough, apparently. What I want to know is how loaded she must be to be able to fund all of Lutecia's 'construction projects'.

And given how much damage they seem to do to their training field, I imagine the High Command is willing to cheerfully accept anything that gets those hyperactive lunatics breaking things that someone else has to pay for.
Old 2010-08-06, 11:04   Link #65
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Did they? The most common name I remember was 'Miss Lu'. Must have watched a different fansub.
I think only Uno called her ojousama. Dunno why.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-08-06, 11:16   Link #66
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

I think this is an appropriate speculation: Since Jail has a special use of Lutecia, going on our little summoner's good side will help make her stay longer in the team. Giving her an honorific seems appropriate when your Master prizes her very much.
Old 2010-08-06, 11:59   Link #67
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
If I remember correctly, Uno was nice not just to Lutecia but also Zest and Agito, so maybe it's just her personality. The way Quattro say Luu-jouu(sama/chan, I forgot which) seems more like entertaining a spoiled brat though, with a little dose of mockery...

Quote:
Considering that Carnegie is classified as "uninhabited", the answer is...all? How did she manage to get a land there, anyway?

Quote:
Since some of their best Aces regularly train there, even if there is no official statement the High Command probably has someone keeping in tabs with the situation. It's not like what they're doing is illegal, anyway
Old 2010-08-06, 17:48   Link #68
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
If I remember correctly, Uno was nice not just to Lutecia but also Zest and Agito, so maybe it's just her personality. The way Quattro say Luu-jouu(sama/chan, I forgot which) seems more like entertaining a spoiled brat though, with a little dose of mockery...
A quick scan through the StrikerS finale and SSX indicates that at least Otto, Deed and Wendi also refer to her as "Lu-oujosama". As for why, with Quattro it's probably because she likes mocking people, and with the rest I would second PhoenixFlare's suggestion.

Quote:
Considering that Carnegie is classified as "uninhabited", the answer is...all? How did she manage to get a land there, anyway?
Well, judging from the StrikerS finale, I wouldn't think that she actually owns any of it at all. I got the impression that the TSAB had simply grabbed a habitable but unpopulated planet as an appropriate place to stick Lulu until they're sure she isn't a threat. Poor Lulu...

Of course, the way things are shown in ViVid doesn't accord too well with this idea, but there is a four-year time skip between the two, so maybe things are a little different by then.
Old 2010-08-06, 18:31   Link #69
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Lulu made an uninhabited planet into a resort planet? x_X yay monies, maybe we should change the classification to tourist trap

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-08-06, 18:44   Link #70
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Well, judging from the StrikerS finale, I wouldn't think that she actually owns any of it at all. I got the impression that the TSAB had simply grabbed a habitable but unpopulated planet as an appropriate place to stick Lulu until they're sure she isn't a threat. Poor Lulu...
Except that doesn't jell with Megane going there for a rest cure. Unless of course she already owned the villa there [or the planet], presumably before her fight with the type IVs.

If Megane owns a habitable planet or significant parts there of that might explain why the Lady Lutecia bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Of course, the way things are shown in ViVid doesn't accord too well with this idea, but there is a four-year time skip between the two, so maybe things are a little different by then.
There is a space port and shops in SSX from the scene where Agito comes to visit. Which is the year before IIRC.
Old 2010-08-06, 19:50   Link #71
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd put it down to translator misinterpretation or the author not being familiar with his work (its becoming more and more evident).
Old 2010-08-06, 23:24   Link #72
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Hmmm. If I remember correctly, Force once mentioned the word "colonist". Makes me wonder, do they have some kind of colonization program?

This is just a thought, but maybe Megane got a land there because the TSAB sometimes offer land in uninhabited worlds to its retired veterans Roman Legion style...
Old 2010-08-07, 01:12   Link #73
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Here's a theory I have...

The Eclipse and Dividers were created as a way to combat the Book of Darkness.

But, sadly, the madness Eclipse users have and how few they have, it made it pretty useless.

*Shrugs* Just a thought in my head.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-08-07, 04:32   Link #74
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Dunno, the way the disease forces you to kill people it sounds more like they were created to be beasts of war.
Old 2010-08-07, 04:50   Link #75
Gaunt88

I doubt Eclipse was designed that way. Empowering your test subjects with an ability that renders them immune to all of your society's weapons, and then deliberately giving them a need to kill to survive is Umbrella-Corperation-level stupidity.

Then again, wasn't it made in old belka? I supose mass-based weapons were more common then.

Still, my theory is that it was a unison experiment Gone Horribly Wrong.
Old 2010-08-07, 04:54   Link #76
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So in theory, that will be a plausible posibility to "upgrade" an Unison Device? ...i think at first it's imposible because unison devices are treated as ancient technology still undergoing studies, but if your theory applies, maybe there's still hope for Agito.
Old 2010-08-07, 04:57   Link #77
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You have to remember that this is the same universe that figured altering the Tome of the Night Sky into the Book of Darkness was a good idea.

Lots of ideas look nice on paper. An elite unit of soldiers immune to all the enemies magical weaponry, with fast regeneration and with an urge to kill that will keep them fighting? Good idea on paper, especially in an era that hasn't known peace for centuries.

But again, good idea on paper. But paper is a flimsy thing, especially when it gets whet.
Old 2010-08-07, 05:08   Link #78
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Maybe it's a stupid question but that made me wonder if something as powerfull as The Dook of Darkness or the Book of the Silver Cross can get wet by simple contact with water xD, also what happens to magical "fire" and "electricity" underwater?, the TSAB have speciallized "submarine mages" xD?, ok that last one is still fairly unexplored xDU.
Old 2010-08-07, 05:12   Link #79
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, that's a good question. Theoretically speaking, conversion magic transforms mana into the element, meaning that it becomes the element (hence why AMF can't them) so they should function as normal underwater. That is, fire would fizzle out and lightning would be conducted.

On the flipside, even though mana should be converted, Cyphia still was able to disable Signum's flames, so there clearly isn't a 100% conversion, and it still functions specially because of magic. That means they still could work differently in water.
Old 2010-08-07, 05:16   Link #80
Gaunt88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You have to remember that this is the same universe that figured altering the Tome of the Night Sky into the Book of Darkness was a good idea.

Lots of ideas look nice on paper. An elite unit of soldiers immune to all the enemies magical weaponry, with fast regeneration and with an urge to kill that will keep them fighting? Good idea on paper, especially in an era that hasn't known peace for centuries.

But again, good idea on paper. But paper is a flimsy thing, especially when it gets whet.
Was the TotNS deliberately changed into the BoD, or was it accidentally corrupted? I seem to remember the latter being the case.
Closed Thread