AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 16:00   Link #181
Sol Falling

If you're talking about North America, the license had copyright problems (they weren't allowed to use "Detective Conan", so they had to use "Case Closed") and on top of that the English version had a lot of name changes and censorship, so perhaps the official versions were not very popular. If you're talking about fanbase at AnimeSuki, yeah it is kinda small. There are a lot of other better places to go online than AnimeSuki if you're a Detective Conan fan though so it's not really that big a deal. I think the english-speaking fanbase for Detective Conan is still pretty substantial.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:12   Link #182
Spyda

I love Detective Conan. I started watching it, and knew it as "Case Closed" but, then I found the real deal

The English dubbed and even subbed Anime is so far behind I began reading the manga. Sadly I have to admit they are undoubtedly the worst translations I've ever seen. It's clear that they are simply switching words without even the slightest understanding or grasp of the English language.

But i STILL read it.
Spyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 22:01   Link #183
Forsaken_Infinity

It's just sooooooooooo long that most people gave up and moved on, myself included.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 23:56   Link #184
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry.4869 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised how "unpopular" DC is here...well there are lots of other forums specially about DC
And that's exactly why. Why would I want to talk about it here, where maybe a small handful of people care about it, when I can go to a dedicated site?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 04:29   Link #185
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I just can't get myself motivated enough to watch 500 episodes, lol.

(I'm still stuck on 134 or 135)
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 19:43   Link #186
MariaRianki
Narwhal

Location: Part of the year in Europe, the other part in America.
Heh, looking at all of these recent posts I'm thinking petulantly to myself, 'but there's still a really cool plot, and all....'
Truth is, there are a lot of little episodes in there that just get boring after a while. What I suggest to you all is look up on an episode guide (I suggest detectiveconanworld), and see which episodes are relevant to the plot or not. Everything else are just repetivive mysteries with easily guessable outcomes.
MariaRianki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 20:28   Link #187
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
It's just sooooooooooo long that most people gave up and moved on, myself included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I just can't get myself motivated enough to watch 500 episodes, lol.

(I'm still stuck on 134 or 135)
-------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaRianki View Post
Heh, looking at all of these recent posts I'm thinking petulantly to myself, 'but there's still a really cool plot, and all....'
Truth is, there are a lot of little episodes in there that just get boring after a while. What I suggest to you all is look up on an episode guide (I suggest detectiveconanworld), and see which episodes are relevant to the plot or not. Everything else are just repetivive mysteries with easily guessable outcomes.
Yeah. The thing is, sure DC the anime is long. But the manga's now about ~800 chapters. In terms of shounen series, we still have people picking up stuff of comparable length (Bleach, Naruto, Hajime no Ippo, etc.) from scratch, so there's no reason not to give Detective Conan a similar opportunity.

With regards to the anime, nobody would seriously bother trying to watch all of the filler in, say, Bleach or Naruto nowadays right? So it's the same thing with Detective Conan. Stick to the canon, ignore the bloat, and you'll find yourself with a manageable experience.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 13:46   Link #188
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Yeah. The thing is, sure DC the anime is long. But the manga's now about ~800 chapters. In terms of shounen series, we still have people picking up stuff of comparable length (Bleach, Naruto, Hajime no Ippo, etc.) from scratch, so there's no reason not to give Detective Conan a similar opportunity.

With regards to the anime, nobody would seriously bother trying to watch all of the filler in, say, Bleach or Naruto nowadays right? So it's the same thing with Detective Conan. Stick to the canon, ignore the bloat, and you'll find yourself with a manageable experience.
Sadly I MUST watch the filler/anime only episodes, or else I can not say I've seen every episode of the show.
Old 2011-09-17, 22:46   Link #189
Spyda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
-------

It's not necessarily the sheer length that turns people off. But I think that it's more of the amount of filler that is incorporated in the series. I routinely find myself skimming a "Junior Detective League" Or "Detective Boys" story or episode... Only to find another one staring me right in the face next. And as creative as many of the ideas for killing people are... around #200 the majority of them are the same or very similar methods with minor twists. It's still a great piece of storytelling, but really should be (in my estimation) no more than 60 - 65% of it's actual length.

It's reminiscent of Dragon Ball to me. Which also shouldn't have been nearly as long as it was, since it always turned out the exact same. But I watched every episode nonetheless, and since so were many others I guess can't really blame them for dragging it out.
Spyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 08:55   Link #190
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyda View Post
It's not necessarily the sheer length that turns people off. But I think that it's more of the amount of filler that is incorporated in the series.
The meat of the series to me has always been anything Black Organization related and significant character developments. There's not nearly enough of either of those. I was once a fan who would watch every case as it comes, but now I'm just waiting for that next important arc.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 03:35   Link #191
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Why does this show still have a licensed tag anyways, I thought that FUNimation already officially dropped/canceled the show?
Old 2011-09-20, 17:50   Link #192
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the manga actually more interesting than the anime

i dunno why but the manga is very addictive compare to anime. probably because way it structure. 3 arc chapter for short burst of read. and little plot to mix with the arc to make it somehow interesting even if it just filler.

also thank to that it easy to go back and read again and yet still interesting.

probably because of that i dont watch the anime (except OVA and Movie).

interesting how long it already been yet somehow the author still come ou new idea. yes there definitively some recycling. but they evenly spaced

anyway the new Traffic cop is SOOOOOO CUTE :3. prefect suite with chiba. i wonder if Rie will voice her

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 21:17   Link #193
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i wonder if Rie will voice her
She doesn't. She's already appeared in the anime.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 22:01   Link #194
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

but her role is small and hardly noticable, i guess they can hire her again

Edit: actually i just cheak that she already been voice by rie tanaka, close enough

Last edited by RRW; 2011-09-21 at 06:13.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 00:55   Link #195
Hikari no Clover

just finished the 15th movie, 'quarter of silence'

CTRL+A to view the following text

the best ACTION movie after the 'countdown to heaven'
nothing much to say about the story itself as i never expected any from it. thanks to 'countdown to heaven', all movie since then have completely turned into action movies and i actually found it quite enjoyable.
anyways, congrats canon for successfully saved japan again (solo) look forward to seeing you next year

for some reason the spoiler function does not work on me
Old 2011-10-20, 21:21   Link #196
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is an old post, but just to address this point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Why does this show still have a licensed tag anyways, I thought that FUNimation already officially dropped/canceled the show?
Funimation isn't continuing to localize additional episodes of the show right now, but the part they've already released remains licensed, and is still available for streaming on their website and for sale on DVD. So the show is still considered licensed.
Old 2011-10-21, 04:53   Link #197
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is an old post, but just to address this point...Funimation isn't continuing to localize additional episodes of the show right now, but the part they've already released remains licensed, and is still available for streaming on their website and for sale on DVD. So the show is still considered licensed.
Really? Huh...thanks for clearing that up lol.
Old 2011-10-21, 18:30   Link #198
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
just finished the 15th movie, 'quarter of silence'

CTRL+A to view the following text

the best ACTION movie after the 'countdown to heaven'
nothing much to say about the story itself as i never expected any from it. thanks to 'countdown to heaven', all movie since then have completely turned into action movies and i actually found it quite enjoyable.
anyways, congrats canon for successfully saved japan again (solo) look forward to seeing you next year

for some reason the spoiler function does not work on me
Just finish movie 15 as well.

Spoiler for movie 15 spoiler:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 15:55   Link #199
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
this thread seems kind of dead, but we finally got a little bit of plot advancement in the latest ch 800 of manga.
It's about Bourbon
couldn't find the manga thread though :9
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 12:22   Link #200
gre3n420

is this anime still going?
gre3n420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shonen