AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 15:34   Link #1021
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Alrighty so I went and bought this game.

And holy crap are there a lot of quests. Moreso than Deus Ex.

I'm in Whiterun and up the part where your suppose to go meet some old guys in a mountain.

I've decided though just to see how many quests I could do in the city and so far am running through with the companion guild. I am disappointed in the rewards though as you get very little funds like 100 gold. Granted I'm selling off the loot I get but should I keep the Dragon bones for later use? I'm that Argorian cause they look cool and am aiming for an Fate Stay Night Archer build I snipe guys as much as possible then go in with duel swords.

I'm also saving up to buy a house since I'm running out of space to carry items too.

By the way I also bought a horse to get to areas faster but is it possible to lose the horse or have it die? I'm a little disappointed that you cannot fight on horseback.

And when you have a companion with you do you level up slower since she takes some of the kills?

You can sell dragon bones , it's safe cuz you'll encounter infinite dragons.

I bought 2 houses , Whiterun & Riften. Riften's house is better (but costs more , 8000g) specially for the garden. But the best house costs 20000+gold.
Horse can die. My free white horse was dead after a dungeon , he was alone outside , some trash killed him , god ! i'm still upset ! But well , as i use stealth i prefer to travel alone.

Dunno for companion , i don't take them with me.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 15:46   Link #1022
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
The two good looking houses are Markath's for 8000g (No windows, but it's dwarven architecture) and Solitude's for 25000g (3 storeys)

Markath house is the furthest from the blacksmith than any other house.

Whiterun's house doesn't have an Enchanting Table but it has the closest blacksmith shop with Smelter than any house. You get Lydia (follower/glitchy wife) for buying Whiterun's house.

Windhelm's house (12000g) has the most mannequins (armor displays) and display cases and also gore, blood and dead people in it (I know, wtf)

------------------
Dragon bones and scales are used for crafting Level 100 Smithing Dragonplate/Dragon Scale gears. Which are actually not that good compared to Glass/Daedric (yes that 1 perk point could be used on better things). You're best for selling them and farming them later. It's very easy to find dragons late game. (Dragon hunts and burial teleport spam)
----------------

Followers can die permanently. If your follower has a melee weapon, give them full heavy armor. They die very fast, as they are stupid and aggressive. Magic and ranged followers are better as they don't die as often. The best thing about followers is dumping your inventory on them when you are overweight.

Three early-game followers you can get after a few travels/quests:
Physical: Lydia (Whiterun Housecarl when you become Thane and own a house)
Ranged: Faendael (Riverwood when you solve a love triangle problem with Camilla and Sven and take his side)
Magic: Marcurio (Riften, Bee and Brab Inn)

You can fast-travel to Riften via Carriage/Bandwagon at the front door of Whiterun (Whiterun stables)

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2011-11-22 at 15:56.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 16:07   Link #1023
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I belive modders just shat them selfs.
Old 2011-11-22, 16:57   Link #1024
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
You're wrong. Go look it up. The game has been beaten in less than 20 minutes.. It was some sort of event prior to the release of Skyrim.. Dunno if it was the developers or who playing, but it definitely IS possible.
You got your time mixed up. It was 2 hours. And it was an internal speedrun competition by Bethesda developers themselves.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:22   Link #1025
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So I went in one of the pubs in Whiterun, the one with the (bosmer?) owner. I've never gone into it before, but as soon as I do, the guy starts attacking me. Of course at this point, wearing full (Legendary) Glass, his attacks don't actually hurt as much anymore, but it's still surprising, not to mention annoying, since I can't fight back, or else risk eveyone jumping on my case.

Also noticing some wonky dragon spawns. In one instance, I was running after one, when another just dropped on top of me out of literally nowhere. Let me tell you, nothing inspires panic than an Elder fire dragon doing that...
Old 2011-11-22, 18:45   Link #1026
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... you got Clever Girl'd by dragons?
Old 2011-11-22, 19:10   Link #1027
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Odd, my Lydia is invicible (can't die) but the rest of my followers can...
Old 2011-11-22, 19:23   Link #1028
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

My Lydia functions as a mule. I hate it when my follower gets in the way of combat.
I like the Windhelm house the best. The Solitude house is overrated. It lack display and storage (have to use barrels -_-). Its more or less a glorified version of breezeholme with 3 floors and better decoration.

I know breezeholme is cheap, but come on, a Thane of Whiterun living in a beaten down shack?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 19:29   Link #1029
Jaden

I got the most insane glitch today...

My follower, that dark elf hireling from Whiterun, died earlier when we were fighting in the Ratway of Riften. I accidentally zapped her with lightning from behind (story of your life if you're going to work as my tank)

So I figured I'd try getting married with my new henchman. Everything was prepared and I stepped in the chapel. Cool, a bunch of characters from the town show up. Then my old henchman's...corpse...shows up. Everyone freaks out. My bride-to-be expresses her disgust and goes back home. The priest accuses me of ruining the wedding. >_>

Luckily I don't get a bounty or anything. The priest tells me that since Mara teaches forgiveness, they'll redo the ceremony if I can make up with the bride. So I throw the corpse into a closet, drag her back and we continue the wedding, and this time there's no disturbance.
Old 2011-11-22, 19:51   Link #1030
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Someone else mentioned the wedding glitch. Apparently if anyone who was supposed to be invited during the event dies anytime before the wedding actually happens, the lifeless corpse pops up as a 'guest'. It's likely your henchman was part of the scripted event.
Old 2011-11-22, 19:56   Link #1031
Jaden

Oh yeah, I imagine someone like Dist would have a pretty bleak wedding.
Old 2011-11-22, 20:56   Link #1032
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I got the most insane glitch today...

My follower, that dark elf hireling from Whiterun, died earlier when we were fighting in the Ratway of Riften. I accidentally zapped her with lightning from behind (story of your life if you're going to work as my tank)

So I figured I'd try getting married with my new henchman. Everything was prepared and I stepped in the chapel. Cool, a bunch of characters from the town show up. Then my old henchman's...corpse...shows up. Everyone freaks out. My bride-to-be expresses her disgust and goes back home. The priest accuses me of ruining the wedding. >_>

Luckily I don't get a bounty or anything. The priest tells me that since Mara teaches forgiveness, they'll redo the ceremony if I can make up with the bride. So I throw the corpse into a closet, drag her back and we continue the wedding, and this time there's no disturbance.
I guess that means bad stuff for my wedding.
I killed her as well, but it was more she forced my hand. I talked to her to hire her, and after she got up, my character got teleported behind her and would not budge. Neither would she.

A normal person would have reloaded, but I said screw it and stabbed her repeatedly.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:06   Link #1033
Simonsy

none of my companions have died, barely ever take any, but companions to me are like when i'm playing Fire Emblem games. Doesn't matter how pathetic the character is, or how weak, how much I hate them, or even if they are a random generated no namer I will restart if any of my people die.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:30   Link #1034
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am so going to kill lydia before I get married to see the special event now
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:40   Link #1035
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2011-11-22, 23:16   Link #1036
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Dang it, I can't seem to find a horned scaled armor for my new awesome set (Dragonplate gloves/boots and helm, with horned scaled armor with brand iron shield) looks SWEEEET but I can't find my damn horned!
Old 2011-11-23, 00:04   Link #1037
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I like the little personal touches in this game.

Near Bleakwind Basin is a tiny pond, like many other ponds near it. Except this pond has a skeletal hand sticking out of it in its centre, holding a glass sword.

There is no quest related to it; it is just a free glass sword for the taking. But I just think it is cool that I took it from the hands of the previous owner, who lifted it out from the pond as if trying to offer it to passers-by.
Old 2011-11-23, 00:09   Link #1038
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I heard its a reference to a book or something called "Lady in the lake"
Old 2011-11-23, 02:11   Link #1039
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I heard its a reference to a book or something called "Lady in the lake"
May I help level up your Arthurian-fu? Here there be famed motif.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 03:54   Link #1040
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Welp, 45 hours play time, level 39, finished the Thieves Guild chain, the Companions chain, got a majority of the way through tDB quests, over 50 misc objectives and side quests complete, and unfortunately I am bored.

I love going through dungeons, but I'm so sick of fast traveling back and forth, talking to one or two people, killing one or two people, then fast traveling back to another place, then spending 15 minutes running between vendors to unload my stuff, fast traveling between all the fences scattered around the world to sell off my stolen goods, only to do another few quests/dungeons only to do it all again.

It was/is a great game, but I don't think I can continue any longer, and I feel like finishing it without finishing the quest chains I'm already on just won't feel right, but I can't be bothered doing that either.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim