AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 09:31   Link #8421
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
thats lame, this is more fitting, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRTLdvdnk

[.youtube][./youtube] without the .'s and the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2hRTLdvdnk

I choose it because of the title. But I do agree that To Glory is even more epic, but that's Off topic.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:10   Link #8422
Qilin
Romanticist

This latest chapter was insane.

I have two things to say:

Spoiler for two things:

In the end, it all comes down to the game being poorly-designed after all.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:29   Link #8423
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
This latest chapter was insane.

I have two things to say:

Spoiler for two things:

In the end, it all comes down to the game being poorly-designed after all.
Dunno about that, the game makes it challenging cause they have no idea what they are up against.
A test of physical strength and fortitude as well as mental.
Erza is probably the only person in the group that would attempt such a thing, maybe some of the others could have pulled it off but I do doubt any of them would really want to attempt it in the first place.
Erza being Erza wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:35   Link #8424
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Dunno about that, the game makes it challenging cause they have no idea what they are up against.
A test of physical strength and fortitude as well as mental.
Erza is probably the only person in the group that would attempt such a thing, maybe some of the others could have pulled it off but I do doubt any of them would really want to attempt it in the first place.
Erza being Erza wouldn't have it any other way.
Whether anyone else dared to or not (and we will never even find out), the fact that the game could theoretically end in the very first turn makes the game an unfair one. The way I see it, any game that can be exploited in such a manner is a poorly-designed one. At the very least, it wasn't "fool proof".

Oh, yes. Erza's move was definitely insane and unexpected, but I doubt that her fellow competitors were that far behind her in terms of power or skill. With that assumption in mind, it's a risk the organizers should have considered.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:48   Link #8425
haegar
mangaviking

Well, the organizers are fishy anyways, the King doesn't seem to mind about fairness as long as he gets something entertaining to watch and Zeref's goon certainly doesn't care about fairness either. Nor does pumpkin head. btw he is annoying me, we still don't know whether he's just a red herring or in cahoots with either RT or Zeref ...
Old 2012-05-26, 10:50   Link #8426
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Which is why they threw in the S-class monster with power on par to a Wizard Saint, to add a deterrant to that sort of thing. If they didn't say that there was a monster with that sort of power to begin with, then EVERYONE would have tried to take the monsters on all at once. I guess they thought that one S-class monster was enough of a deterrant...

You could see everyone considering their options when they mentioned the S-class monster...Erza also considered it...then 'threw it to the curb'.
Old 2012-05-26, 10:54   Link #8427
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Whether anyone else dared to or not (and we will never even find out), the fact that the game could theoretically end in the very first turn makes the game an unfair one. The way I see it, any game that can be exploited in such a manner is a poorly-designed one. At the very least, it wasn't "fool proof".

Oh, yes. Erza's move was definitely insane and unexpected, but I doubt that her fellow competitors were that far behind her in terms of power or skill. With that assumption in mind, it's a risk the organizers should have considered.
I think partly why it's designed like so is cause if anyone wanted to "exploit" the game, it would then be seen as an advantage by the contestant as it has huge rewards.
Luck plays it's part as being first means you can take full advantage of the exploit but going after can still work.
By taking on all 100 and winning you'd gain huge praise and fame plus all the points and leave the others with nothing.
Not sure about being unfair or not but one way to look at it is some games will probably be designed to favor those that take massive risks for massive rewards.
Old 2012-05-26, 11:02   Link #8428
haegar
mangaviking

on a side-note, I believe a Wizard Saint level monster ought to be well above "mere" S-class level. It's arguable if it was 100% on par with WS level, the phrasing suggests higher than S-class but slightly lower than WS aka definetely doable by a Saint not commiting any blunders and investing some time, power and effort. Either way, this marks Erza clearly entering the S+ or SS or whatever you wanna call it range.

Considering that, what do you folks think, will we see her being granted official Saint status at some point? I think it just might be a possibility, she can't have Jelly outclass her, can she
Old 2012-05-26, 11:08   Link #8429
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...well, techincally, we'd also be giving Laxus and definitely Gildartz that title as well. I think you have to be nominated (someone else puts your name into the hat) to be considered. Gildartz the Walking Catastrophe surely won't do it (he probably refused it earlier too), and Laxus was probably too much of a jerk before to be considered as well (he probably didn't want it either). Erza just might refuse it too. I mean really, even if Jelly's Saint title was revoked, that would mean three known Saints are in Fairy Tail - A bit much, even for them.
Old 2012-05-26, 11:10   Link #8430
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I'm waiting for Fairy Tail B and A to battle each other. Am i the only one?
The odds of them fighting each other are kind of low. Just too many other matches Mashima wants to showcase.

Quote:
Anyway, i have a question. Who's the narrator of Fairy Tail now? Levy right, since in the earlier chapter we found out she had been narrating since Lucy couldn't for some reason, and the narration was shown at the end along with a pic of her
Yep. Levy is the narrator at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
damn I missed the chap last night closely XD

dat Erza. Do I get this right she be officially WIZARD SAINT level now? she beat one deamon"somewhere around" WS level PLUS all the others wearing her out... niiiice powerup. Natsu will have to work hard now, becoming S-Class ain't enough hehe
Technically she's been at Wizard Saint level for a while now. People forget that one of the requirements for the R-System was a sacrifice comparable to a Wizard Saint, and Erza was the intended sacrifice.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 11:17   Link #8431
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Nor does pumpkin head. btw he is annoying me, we still don't know whether he's just a red herring or in cahoots with either RT or Zeref ...
Let's see, he works for the organizers of this event, which has been building up strange magic every year and took a "day off" right when there was an attempt to kidnap FT members...nope, he's only a pumpkin man who set out to continue his dad's announcing legacy

...I really think that, you know. From now on, this is Mashima we're talking about <_<
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 11:19   Link #8432
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think when they say S class monster, they mean S class 7 years ago...

We should have a favorite female poll for this arc , there are too many awesome ladies to choose from
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 11:19   Link #8433
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Well, the organizers are fishy anyways, the King doesn't seem to mind about fairness as long as he gets something entertaining to watch and Zeref's goon certainly doesn't care about fairness either. Nor does pumpkin head. btw he is annoying me, we still don't know whether he's just a red herring or in cahoots with either RT or Zeref ...
I'd expect more from a prestigious annual competition among the largest guilds within Magnolia.

This kinda stains the contest's credibility for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think partly why it's designed like so is cause if anyone wanted to "exploit" the game, it would then be seen as an advantage by the contestant as it has huge rewards.
Luck plays it's part as being first means you can take full advantage of the exploit but going after can still work.
By taking on all 100 and winning you'd gain huge praise and fame plus all the points and leave the others with nothing.
Not sure about being unfair or not but one way to look at it is some games will probably be designed to favor those that take massive risks for massive rewards.
Let's take the hypothetical scenario that every contestant (of roughly equivalent power levels) was willing to take the same all-or-nothing risk. Inevitably, it would result in the game being reduced to one dictated entirely by chance. In fact, most games are designed such that turn order (determined by chance) plays as little a role as possible to the final results.

With that, I believe they could have imposed a limitation on the number of enemies to prevent such a farce from taking place to begin with.
Old 2012-05-26, 11:54   Link #8434
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Now I don't think anyone has the guts to say "boo" to Fairy Tail. You know Erza did what she(and the rest of the guild) usually do, overdoing things .
Taking on 51 of those monsters would pretty much already guaranty her victory, yet she choose to demonstrate FT power, now even if FT looses the tournament they already shown that they are a force to be reckoned with.
I don't see the problem with the points too, it would be unfair to give anything to those who were just standing there so they get a 0 simple as that . They do all share LAST place !

On another note.
That bunny suit guy... Just who is he? For some reason I get the feeling his just like Jellal, a criminal that is investigating the strange magical power... Or maybe he is related to Tartarus(who said just because they are a Dark Guild they are evil?, just oppose the council)?
We should not forget that not everything is black and white, there are some legal guilds that are much worse then the supposed "evil" dark guilds (yes I mean you ST and RT).
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:26   Link #8435
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

A bit late but funny enough, this started playing on itunes as I re-read the chapter.

Because you know that no music is more fitting for Titania than this one.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:31   Link #8436
Lunarskylar

haha mashima was so absorbed in erza's epicness that he screwed up and wrote grand magic games year x793 instead of 791 all over the page where teh grand games start
Old 2012-05-26, 13:50   Link #8437
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
haha mashima was so absorbed in erza's epicness that he screwed up and wrote grand magic games year x793 instead of 791 all over the page where the grand games start

Rofl i thought that sign looked odd for some reasons XD
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 16:13   Link #8438
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Now I don't think anyone has the guts to say "boo" to Fairy Tail. You know Erza did what she(and the rest of the guild) usually do, overdoing things .
Taking on 51 of those monsters would pretty much already guaranty her victory, yet she choose to demonstrate FT power, now even if FT looses the tournament they already shown that they are a force to be reckoned with.
I don't see the problem with the points too, it would be unfair to give anything to those who were just standing there so they get a 0 simple as that . They do all share LAST place !

On another note.
That bunny suit guy... Just who is he? For some reason I get the feeling his just like Jellal, a criminal that is investigating the strange magical power... Or maybe he is related to Tartarus(who said just because they are a Dark Guild they are evil?, just oppose the council)?
We should not forget that not everything is black and white, there are some legal guilds that are much worse then the supposed "evil" dark guilds (yes I mean you ST and RT).
Regarding taking on 51 of the monsters, that would depend on what she thinks/knows the score would be:

a) If Fairy tail gets 12 and the rest gets 0, then taking on 100 instead of 51 gives Fairytail a big advantage. In particular

b) If the rest get 10 each (second place), then this was a bad move.

c) If the rest gets an average of 4, then this is still a good move as it increases their standing relative to the rest by a significant extent.

All in, she has 2 out of 3 chances to bring Fairy Tail back into the pictures in terms of points. Seems like a good gamble given their position.

There is of course a 4th option which she didn't consider at all, which is if she loses. Not sure what happens though. Do the surviving monsters get to battle again or do are the monsters once off summons that disappear after the battle?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 16:40   Link #8439
ranchan13

ERZA = EPIC GODDESS
I mean holy fucking hell, that was like the epitome of bad ass
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 18:15   Link #8440
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
There is of course a 4th option which she didn't consider at all, which is if she loses. Not sure what happens though. Do the surviving monsters get to battle again or do are the monsters once off summons that disappear after the battle?
Undefeated monsters probably go back into the drawing pool, otherwise even a weak player could claim 100 just to end the event and keep their team from falling further behind overall. (At first, this is what I thought Erza was doing, rather than necessarily going for the win. But no, she actually had to kill 'em all for it to work.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen