AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 199 69.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 22.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 5.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-09, 09:03   Link #101
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Sorry but Saji != Kira. Kira, if you recall, was a programming genius that worked on MS OS for a while and on top of that, was the ultimate coordinator.

Saji's just a wuss, and if he tries to join the AEU or Union, he'll be easy pickings.
Old 2008-02-09, 09:04   Link #102
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Saji's just a wuss, and if he tries to join the AEU or Union, he'll be easy pickings.
I get the feeling that Saji's revenge won't have anything to do with joining the AEU or Union. I don't know yet, though it's just a feeling that he'll go about it differently.

Also i'm not sure if it was just me, though i had Zechs/Tallgeese flashbacks while Graham was in battle. Especially the coughing up blood.
Old 2008-02-09, 09:08   Link #103
Ichimaru

After this, i dont want to see the 4 cb meisters change factions

would the earth factions forgive and forget the 4cb meister and allow them to join up and fight the thrones? i think thats just wrong plotwise and doesnt really work in real life, you cant mend shit like this....

Graham FTW
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:09   Link #104
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I get the feeling that Saji's revenge won't have anything to do with joining the AEU or Union. I don't know yet, though it's just a feeling that he'll go about it differently.
Spoiler:
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:23   Link #105
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Spoiler:
Then Setsuna would say" Let me go get the manager to help you."
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:23   Link #106
brightman
Ancient Member

Wow. Now THIS is the type of development that Mizushima is (in)famous for! Shocking, morbid and tone-setting! Reminds me of quite a few of FMA's best episodes.

Now all they need is for Trinity to get killed one by one so the viewers can be satisfied.

Oh, and Graham FTW indeed.
Old 2008-02-09, 09:32   Link #107
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Does anyone else feel sumwhat sick that louise lost her hand.. i mean thats a bit much...
Old 2008-02-09, 09:37   Link #108
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Wow. Now THIS is the type of development that Mizushima is (in)famous for! Shocking, morbid and tone-setting! Reminds me of quite a few of FMA's best episodes.

Now all they need is for Trinity to get killed one by one so the viewers can be satisfied.

Oh, and Graham FTW indeed.
You know, this episode did give me the FMA-feeling as far as some of their best episodes went with the shocking, and tone-setting plot developments. D: I totally forgot Mizushima did FMA too. -.- Wow, I feel dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
Does anyone else feel sumwhat sick that louise lost her hand.. i mean thats a bit much...
I don't know about a bit much.. just goes to show that so many things can happen during war or conflict like it is now. I'm sure there is a symbolism in this though, a reason behind it. I'm sure it's not just about the ring that she wanted so much. I just hope it isn't too bad.. once again, poor Saji and Louise. Here's hoping things get better for them. =[
Old 2008-02-09, 09:47   Link #109
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Did Saji even love her in the first place?
I never got the impression, that he really feels anything for her except maybe friendship and some sort of responsibility. And she looked like he just wanted to take advantage of him.
Well, in my opinion, they are only 17. We don't know the basis of their relationship.. like exactly how they met and what not. I think he loves her, but isn't too sure. He's just really bad about showing his feelings and what not while she seems to throw them around with ease. (Like the kiss she wanted in the airport that I'm sure Saji really feels bad about this now.)

Now with Louise being in such a traumatic state, and with everything that's been going on, I'm sure Saji will value his relationship with her (assuming there still will be one) a bit more.

She seems like the type of girlfriend that's into the material things, but even if Saji doesn't give her things, she still sticks by him and what not, so I don't think she's using him for just that, because if that was the case, she'd just find someone else. Probably just two confused kids trying to find their way. This will be a big test on their relationship though, I'm sure of that. As far as friendship and responsibility, I'm sure he feels that too, but moreso than "just friends" and what not. We can't obviously say for 100% sure that Saji is in love with her as much as she seems to be with him, but deep down, I think he is. That's just my opinion on the matter. D: Take it for what you will.
Old 2008-02-09, 09:54   Link #110
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

oh wow.
I never was one to hate or have anything against the Trinity team , but now I think they must be taken down !
at the end of the episode I found myself raising my arm and shouting " GO SETSUNA" xD .
Blargh , I need episode 19 now . ;_;
I guess there goes my love for Nena , it was good the time it lasted :S .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:00   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm still quite interested with Nena, though i don't blame anyone for hating her after her actions in this episode --- even i ended up saying "i god damn hate Nena" after it happened.
Old 2008-02-09, 10:00   Link #112
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

lol Nena is badass!!! attacked the wedding party just cuz she feel like it. now ppl defenitly know where the plot is going...

Spoiler for conv:

Last edited by Astrana; 2008-02-09 at 10:25.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:02   Link #113
Plant42

Neena banzaiiiiiii

You still my most favorite character even you are evil .
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:06   Link #114
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Honestly speaking, I'm quite shocked by the screenshots and the spoilers so far. Now all I can hope is for the skeptics of the importance of earlier humorous and slice-of-life scenes for Saji and Louise to shut up.

And wow...Neena...I can't bring myself to hate her yet, provided my opinion doesn't change after I watch the episode. In any case, thanks for using such a mundane reason to provide the great shock no one ever saw coming.

For once, I'm shocked and rather heartened that Graham has done what people believed to be impossible, succeeding Howard's pride in the Flags and definitely dispelling Daryl's doubts. Well done, I say.

And I see Setsuna's back to the habit of going on a solo run. That fool... Well, he had reason to go renegade again, I suppose.

More thoughts when I get the episode.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:15   Link #115
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

I found this screenshot interesting:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2007.jpg

Is this a technical diagram of a GN Drive?
Old 2008-02-09, 10:17   Link #116
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I found this screenshot interesting:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2007.jpg

Is this a technical diagram of a GN Drive?
Sure looks like it. And guess who's going to do something about that. Name starts with an A.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:18   Link #117
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
They call that one, "Break the cute one" trope.
yep: http://www.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwik.../BreakTheCutie

And I think this applies as well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeTheDog
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:19   Link #118
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

really good episode, again a lot of information

Spoiler for fact:
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:20   Link #119
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
lol Nena is badass!!! attacked the wedding party just cuz she feel like it. now ppl defenitly know where the plot is going...
Yeah she's really badass, using one of the strongest MS on Earth just to make a massacre at a wedding party.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:32   Link #120
Chase

Spoiler for episode:
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote