AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-22, 08:45   Link #1401
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolycooly7777 View Post
idk, michel doesnt really remind me of tieria at ALL though, but lockon definitely the obvious parrallels are self evident.

who michel really reminds me of? Goose from top gun, or obv, diamond force leader w/e his name was who went out in a blaze of glory. i get some max vibes, but max never died so it doesnt work.
I think visually it's supposed to parallel the DYRL "utsukushi" scene in the Meltran airlock after the Max / Millia fight.
Old 2008-08-22, 08:47   Link #1402
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
visually definitely, but no one was sucked out or died in that dyrl scene, so hence it ends.

im somewhat intrigued by what happens with omna cathy and the SMS in general. Since they know the truth, and NUNS is run by leon, conflict eh. Garbobby doing a good ole kittan impression with the quarter?

i smell the giga drill breaker getting ready to churn for ozmas sake.
Old 2008-08-22, 08:59   Link #1403
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
to shipping S.S Branka. THIS CLOSE. The only thing that's stopping me is the heavy implications of Brera = brother, but considering how Kawamori laughed at our faces about Pineapple Salad, I'm willing to bet Brera isn't her blood-related brother, but an adopted one, or Ranka being adopted.

You heard it here first.
I am violently against this pairing. Brera is too good for her. *coughs*

Joking aside (or maybe I'm not joking...hahaha), I really do believe he is her brother. Even without her memories she feels that he "seems like an older brother." Her subconscious recognizes him for what he is, she just needs her memories back. The vibe between them is very sibling-like...I'd be kind of put off if they try to hook them up later.
Old 2008-08-22, 09:13   Link #1404
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I am violently against this pairing. Brera is too good for her. *coughs*

Joking aside (or maybe I'm not joking...hahaha), I really do believe he is her brother. Even without her memories she feels that he "seems like an older brother." Her subconscious recognizes him for what he is, she just needs her memories back. The vibe between them is very sibling-like...I'd be kind of put off if they try to hook them up later.
Lol, well Ranka's a cute girl, and she's not that bad.

We're only against her because she's such an obvious wall between Sheryl and Alto.

I mean she's got to end up with someone, and Brera is apparently an obvious choice.

But again Kawamori better not pull any incest shit in Macross. I don't understand why asian literature/media in general is so obsessed with this topic. It's insane.
Old 2008-08-22, 09:35   Link #1405
zalem

I don't see why she has to end up romantically with anyone. In Macross there's always someone who doesn't get hooked up in the end.

I just don't see any character that would go well with her romantically. But then that might be because I see her as being really immature right now. Too immature to be in a romantic relationship.
Old 2008-08-22, 09:59   Link #1406
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Hmmm... unsourced leaks are floating around now. Here's one that seems to be a bit more expanded the one Kresphy posted the other day:

Could be completely unreliable, but it will be interesting to see how much of it comes true by the end:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-22, 10:16   Link #1407
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

then by that logic ozma wont die even though its more than a year
Old 2008-08-22, 10:34   Link #1408
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Hmmm... unsourced leaks are floating around now. Here's one that seems to be a bit more expanded the one Kresphy posted the other day:

Could be completely unreliable, but it will be interesting to see how much of it comes true by the end:

Spoiler:
That's really depressing . I'm expecting a happy ending for Macross Frontier, I mean even if there is a happy ending no one would be left to celebrate it....

I don't like Luca or Nanase, but I wouldn't want them to die. I hope Klan doesn't die either, it's just not fair. With the way Kawamori is portraying the Vajras, they're clearly not just hostile aliens, he's probably going to redeem them in some way. Hence I don't think the Vajras would be exterminated by the end of this series. If the Vajra's arent going to be wiped out, and Klan dies for nothing then it's just too sad.
Old 2008-08-22, 10:41   Link #1409
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I just did when I read your post I never noticed it
Spoiler for MICHAEEEL BLAAAANC!!:
Old 2008-08-22, 10:42   Link #1410
glyph

Quote:
That's really depressing . I'm expecting a happy ending for Macross Frontier, I mean even if there is a happy ending no one would be left to celebrate it....

I don't like Luca or Nanase, but I wouldn't want them to die. I hope Klan doesn't die either, it's just not fair. With the way Kawamori is portraying the Vajras, they're clearly not just hostile aliens, he's probably going to redeem them in some way. Hence I don't think the Vajras would be exterminated by the end of this series. If the Vajra's arent going to be wiped out, and Klan dies for nothing then it's just too sad.
Klan will _try_ to get herself killed in a blaze of glory. It doesn't necessarily means she succeeds.

I bet Alto and/or Sheryl will talk some sense into her before that - if she deliberately goes to get herself killed because of Mikhail, then Mikhail will have sacrificed himself for nothing.
Old 2008-08-22, 10:43   Link #1411
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

i honestly dont see the point in killing off luca or nanase, although lucas disposition to go nuts for the latter opens the door.

As for Klan, i think shes more useful as a highly motivated living person then following michels path. that is unless its at the very end, but i dont see her dying before the climax being that useful...i mean what does it do, kind of would be as pointless as her wingmates death.

She WILL go insane in battle though, kind of ala ozma in episode 18, but dying...no point.
Old 2008-08-22, 10:48   Link #1412
Joachim
et tu, brute?

if you ask me i don't see klan dying anytime soon or maybe not even dying at all, she will be somewhat vengeful and thats it, and maybe we will see she slightly survive at the end of the series after killing "tons" of vajra with broken mechs and broken bones here and there but nah.. not death

but i do somewhat see ranka eventual "defect" to vajra somewhere in the future (maybe after people hate her because of she not singing when they needed her the most)

but meh.. just my opinion
Old 2008-08-22, 11:05   Link #1413
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
if you ask me i don't see klan dying anytime soon or maybe not even dying at all, she will be somewhat vengeful and thats it, and maybe we will see she slightly survive at the end of the series after killing "tons" of vajra with broken mechs and broken bones here and there but nah.. not death

but i do somewhat see ranka eventual "defect" to vajra somewhere in the future (maybe after people hate her because of she not singing when they needed her the most)

but meh.. just my opinion
Yeah, it's in the spoiler for ep 21

Spoiler for future eps:
Old 2008-08-22, 12:11   Link #1414
jonli
JONLIの憂'

It would be really sad too if Ranka ends up living with the Vajras forever after she defects....

That would be really lonely ....I mean she might have a few Ai-kuns to play around with, but no stick can satisfy her like Alto's.
Old 2008-08-22, 12:22   Link #1415
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

With Ranka's attention focused too much on Alto, it's a mystery why the Vajra hasn't picked on the guy with more ferocity, or consider him King.
Old 2008-08-22, 12:36   Link #1416
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
i honestly dont see the point in killing off luca or nanase, although lucas disposition to go nuts for the latter opens the door.
I already wrote about that earlier today and Deryns elaborated even further. If one of the two or even both died instead of Michael, two could have happened: 1)Nanase dying would throw Ranka on a path for a downfall (a little bit like what Sheryl just came through) and force the latter to show us what she's made of (catalyst situation). 2) Luca seeing Nanase die could have brought him to fight alongside the others to protect Klan in the macronization chamber, take the blow instead of Michael, and reveal (on his deathbed) the key to everything he knows on Leon's and Grace's dark schemes... all the data Leon and Grace wouldn't want to fall in the hands of righteous people.

Quote:
As for Klan, i think shes more useful as a highly motivated living person then following michels path. that is unless its at the very end, but i dont see her dying before the climax being that useful...i mean what does it do, kind of would be as pointless as her wingmates death.

She WILL go insane in battle though, kind of ala ozma in episode 18, but dying...no point.
Honnestly, it would be means that Michael died for nothing if Klan doesn't survive through this. We also have to remember that she has to be the one finding a cure against the V-infection since we might have a bigger problem on our hand: Ranka's potential defection, leading to an all-out war. There's no way you'd hope for Ranka to "give" a cure if that happens.

Quote:
It would be really sad too if Ranka ends up living with the Vajras forever after she defects....

That would be really lonely ....I mean she might have a few Ai-kuns to play around with, but no stick can satisfy her like Alto's.
That would be her problem as she'll have asked for it. I wonder how things will go now in the case Ranka defects to the Vajra, but I wouldn't be surprised if she "ends on the wrong end of the spear" by the time the series will be over because she will have chosen her side, and NOTHING will keep Alto, Klan, Luca and the others from scorching every last bit of living Vajra tissue as long as they can.

Not being evil, but I strongly believe this kind of rage can happen after what we saw in episode 20. I've never wished so strongly for an entire bunch of enemies to die in an anime series since the days of Blood+, and it rarely happens to me.
Old 2008-08-22, 12:57   Link #1417
magnuskn

If Rankas reaction to Nanase dying is anything nearby to her reaction to Nanase getting hurt, itīll be along the lines of "Wuh, Alto-kuns hand is warm".
Old 2008-08-22, 13:04   Link #1418
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Urggggggg....... No more Ranka kidnapping pleaassssssssse!!!!!!! I can bear the damsel in distress no more Also, the show sure as hell doesn't need another ep full of *AAAAAAAAALLLTOOOO-KUUUNN!!!! SAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEE!!!!! Does he/it come to save me?*

OTOH I'm more curious about Ranka's decision in next ep. What would that be?
From the look of it, Ranka + blushing + Alto + paper plane = nothing new.
Old 2008-08-22, 13:17   Link #1419
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Urggggggg....... No more Ranka kidnapping pleaassssssssse!!!!!!! I can bear the damsel in distress no more Also, the show sure as hell doesn't need another ep full of *AAAAAAAAALLLTOOOO-KUUUNN!!!! SAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEE!!!!! Does he/it come to save me?*

OTOH I'm more curious about Ranka's decision in next ep. What would that be?
From the look of it, Ranka + blushing + Alto + paper plane = nothing new.
Itīll probably be: Alto "Michael was such a good friend, Iīll really miss him <folds paper plane>. Ranka <thinking>: "Alto-kun is so beautiful!"
Old 2008-08-22, 13:40   Link #1420
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post

Spoiler:

I'm pleased to read some negative outcomes on Nanase, regardless of how reliable this info is....Gah...I hope it's true.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Studio Nue designated Nanase as they personal, "mental" punching to vent on.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers