AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-11, 20:06   Link #2141
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Spoiler for vol 20:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2010-03-11, 20:14   Link #2142
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for answer:
I think you're overstating this "grudge". You can correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been a while for me, but I honestly don't remember her thinking about Accelerator even once after the arc ended in any of the books.

As I said, he was an obstacle to the sisters being saved. And once Touma forced him out of the way, and the Sisters were saved, she never gave him another thought. He isn't a part of her life, and despite being the genetic template for Last Order, she isn't a part of his either.
Old 2010-03-11, 20:19   Link #2143
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
I don't know about that. Off the top of my head, I can't remember Mikoto ever giving Accelerator a second thought after the end of the Sisters arc. To be sure, when she witnessed him killing 9982 in Railgun, she tried to kill him. But past that point, her attention turned elsewhere, and the role he occupied was simply that of an insurmountable obstacle in the way of her objective of saving her sisters. And even when Touma brought the notion of "defeating" him back onto the table, neither of them even considered killing him. And after it was over her thoughts were about her Sisters' continued well being and her gratitude towards Touma for his role in saving them.

And anyway, she didn't place the blame for the massacres on the scientists, who created the experiment, nor on the administrators who approved it all and covered it up, and no, not even on Accelerator who carried them out. Mikoto placed the blame squarely on her own shoulders and bore the burden of thousands of deaths as if she herself had killed them. The issue is that Mikoto is one of those characters who is "too good". She should have hated the scientists, she should have hated the administrators, and she should have hated Accelerator, but ultimately, she only hated herself.

Despite her mask of cynicism, Mikoto is ultimately as much a starry eyed idealist as Touma. And just like him, she desperately wants to see the best in others. Having said that, could she ever trust Accelerator? Presumably we mean could she trust him to protect Last Order and the other Sisters? It would be a hard sell, to be sure unless she actually saw him risking his life for Last Order or the others. But if the explanation were to come out of Last Order's mouth rather than his, it's not all that unlikely honestly. I don't think he could, or honestly would even try, to communicate his feelings and intentions properly.

Ultimately though, this is probably all academic. The amount of time the two of them have interacted in their lifetimes is measured in minutes. And I don't really see any indication that this is going to change much. Within the scope of the series, Mikoto is a character in Touma's story, and she really isn't part of Accelerator's story.
Indeed there is a lack of consequence and fallout, it all just kinda abruptly cuts off and we're onto a different story. We don't really see how Mikoto and the clones feel, just that they foster no hostilities and Mikoto acts like Accelerator doesn't even exist afterwards. We do get a lot of Last Order trying to explain everything, good thing the events of vol. 20 support her argument
Spoiler for vol. 20 maybe:
Old 2010-03-11, 20:28   Link #2144
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
We do get a lot of Last Order trying to explain everything, good thing the events of vol. 20 support her argument
This was absolutely vital on Kamachi's part. Accelerator was the first "real villain" introduced in the story. Kaori and Stiyl only fought Touma because they were trying to protect Index, and even Izzard with his terrible methods was after the same thing. Taken by itself however, vol 3 presented Accelerator as thoroughly unsympathetic.

As Kamachi intended Accelerator to take on the mantle of the series' anti-hero, it was vital to turn that around and begin to present more sympathetic aspects to his character and to show that he's not as bad as he initially appeared.
Old 2010-03-11, 20:30   Link #2145
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I think you're overstating this "grudge". You can correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been a while for me, but I honestly don't remember her thinking about Accelerator even once after the arc ended in any of the books.
Spoiler for .:

Quote:
As I said, he was an obstacle to the sisters being saved. And once Touma forced him out of the way, and the Sisters were saved, she never gave him another thought. He isn't a part of her life, and despite being the genetic template for Last Order, she isn't a part of his either.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-11, 20:44   Link #2146
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
This was absolutely vital on Kamachi's part. Accelerator was the first "real villain" introduced in the story. Kaori and Stiyl only fought Touma because they were trying to protect Index, and even Izzard with his terrible methods was after the same thing. Taken by itself however, vol 3 presented Accelerator as thoroughly unsympathetic.

As Kamachi intended Accelerator to take on the mantle of the series' anti-hero, it was vital to turn that around and begin to present more sympathetic aspects to his character and to show that he's not as bad as he initially appeared.
Definitely a challenging task given his prior actions suggest something deeply rooted in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler:
Ahh but Mikoto discovers that the clones were initially made for other purposes. The Level 6 Shift project was just a revamp of the canceled Sisters and Radio Noise projects. The clones already existed prior to Accelerators involvement.

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2010-03-11 at 20:49. Reason: i type shlow >.>
Old 2010-03-11, 21:10   Link #2147
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Ahh but Mikoto discovers that the clones were initially made for other purposes. The Level 6 Shift project was just a revamp of the canceled Sisters and Radio Noise projects. The clones already existed prior to Accelerators involvement.
Thing is they were all manipulated by Aleister Crowley for his Just As Planned. I have a feeling the other Level 6 project was another smokescreen too. Maybe that is why Kihara's old man is missing. (Six feet under courtesy of Crowley)
Old 2010-03-11, 21:31   Link #2148
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Though, even if they were i doubt LO, or anyone would know, right?
Old 2010-03-11, 22:18   Link #2149
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Notes one Accelerator's power, everyone must read

Spoiler:

A few things that that 2ch spoiler left out
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-11, 22:50   Link #2150
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Query:
Old 2010-03-11, 22:58   Link #2151
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Don't think so. Aqua's element was still water in the England Civil War arc, last i heard.
Old 2010-03-12, 01:28   Link #2152
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Spoiler for vol. 20 maybe:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-03-12, 02:55   Link #2153
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It
Btw Chaoz is it alright to skip vol 08? then start with vol 09? I just don't find it interesting reading a vol about kuroko and judgment.
Yes, it's alright.

The whole reason I was suckered into reading volume 8 is because I learnt that Touma (and Mikoto) saved Kuroko at the end... And I just wanted to see that happen If you're a fan of Mikoto, then you'll be please to know that she appears quite alot in this volume.

Quote:
Notes one Accelerator's power, everyone must read

Spoiler:
YES!! IT CAN REFLECT TELEPORTATION! I WAS RIGHT! WOOHOO!

...Eh, how?

*cough*

Maybe that colourful light is the basic form of magic? Somehow his filter can identify magic as a threat, but it can't control it? So it reduce it to something harmless...

Quote:
Spoiler:
I've always thought the elements that God's Right Seat represented comes from their names/titles like,

Aqua = Water
Terra = Earth
Vent = Wind

And not the Archangels that they represent?

Good old Pope... Finally one that's not evil...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I'm late for the party, alot of things I don't get though... What the hell is going on in Russia ? Base on my impression of the previous volume, I thought this would just be a simple rescue operation, suddenly it's an all out war between Academy City and the Motherland !!

Also, as much as I like Touma, his fight scenes are really uninspiring. The only good fights he had are those that he tag teams with other people, recently I read volume 10 and his fight with Oriana is like that... So you can see why I dislike the idea of him beating out Accelerator again... Even if it was a beserking Accelerator. I mean, doesn't he have to be as fast as Kihara to even stand a chance against those wings?!

On a more positive note, what's this about an Imagine Breaker upgrade ?

P.S - Wait, Fiamma has a sword? What's that about?
Old 2010-03-12, 03:23   Link #2154
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes, it's alright.

On a more positive note, what's this about an Imagine Breaker upgrade ?
Not an upgrade I think kinda like Stiyl's flame monster can't be erased totally by IB due to regeneration IB can only interfere with Black Wings mode Accelerator.

Guess Touma's survival instinct is hax enough during Accelerator's rampage. Basically Touma punched Accelerator to stop being an emo don't depend on him that even Accelerator can be a hero and save his loli.

If Kaori and Styil are told to stop being side characters in the first volume Touma is saying to Accelerator to quit this post villain/anti-hero attitude and be a hero.

Well anyway Touma did save Accelerator's loli for the moment with IB. (Way to go hero after that motivational speech.)

edit: Why do I get the feeling Mikoto is going to get irritated if she hears Touma gave this motivational speech to Accelerator while he told her during the Sisters arc to back down and he'll take care of it. Oi Is that discrimination of genders?
Old 2010-03-12, 03:40   Link #2155
redadonis

Well, Touma's biggest weapons is "Never give up, Never surrender" and thanks to IB he can't even consider magic as a last ditch. I'm not too sure about the upgrade for IB now since someone mentioned that all he did was pulling on one of accel's wing and made him loosing balance.... this is kinda like how IB going against strong magic/powers, it's not "strong" enough to erase all of it. I guess somehow the wing went even with IB and touma was able to grab hold of it.

I think the colorful lights that got reflected is telesma, since mana is used to invoke the spell to "borrow" angelic powers to perform miracles. This should work since AIM is very similar to the current system involving telesma.
Old 2010-03-12, 04:35   Link #2156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

How does Imagine Breaker help stabilize Last Order's condition? She's in this mess because of Aiwass overloading the Misaka Network right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redadonis
Could be because he took some shots from fia, terra did hint that if the IB was a bit more stronger/have more experience it would have had a wider effect area and more control. Maybe going against a similar power have had some stimulation effect to IB.
'Experience'? Sounds like it's referring to Touma than Imagine Breaker... I mean, what kind of experience does it need?

Hey, a thought just occured to me- Maybe the Holy Stone in his hand is somehow making Touma more stronger and resilience. I mean, between the events of volume 7 to 12, Touma has been in and out of the hospital three times, while the injuries that Kuroko and Himegami took kept them in the hospital all this while...

If the Holy Stone is a divine Artifact, maybe it's trying to protect it's host?
Old 2010-03-12, 05:06   Link #2157
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Chaos2Frozen, wouldn't the IB's nullify the holy stone effect? It did break something as powerful as Index's walking church after all.

Btw, Vol 7 Chp 4 done. Together with part 8 of Vol 13 Chp 8

Speaking of how Touma's fights are boring, it'll be a crime if his combat capabilities are on par with the dorm supervisor.

@Sandman, thanks for your comment.
Old 2010-03-12, 05:20   Link #2158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^Wouldn't that conflict with the Imagine Breaker's capabilities?
It could, or we can play around with the hints and say that Imagine Breaker isn't complete yet, and that slowly it's gaining power.

Yeah, this would probably be a bust, but I really want to see Imagine Breaker live up to all the hype from being the one that 'sealed off the Lord of Hell for thousands of years'. Everyone from Fiamma to Aleister has been wary of it but so far it's not that scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Btw, Vol 7 Chp 4 done. Together with part 8 of Vol 13 Chp 8
Just Read Vol 13, chap 8, part 8, crazy stuff... Accelerator was really pissed to use that attack on the Windowless Building.
Old 2010-03-12, 05:30   Link #2159
Bangirasu

Vol 20
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-12, 05:33   Link #2160
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How does Imagine Breaker help stabilize Last Order's condition? She's in this mess because of Aiwass overloading the Misaka Network right?
I think it is similar to Touma curing that magically cursed girl in the same volume LO was introduced.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen