AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-22, 04:00   Link #3061
sasuke706

So I heard Shiage mostly relies on luck for his fights, but he does seem rather knowledgeable for a "punk", though even his plan against Accelerator required a bit a luck, since he was 'hoping' that Accelerator's collar (he sure assessed that was the source of his ability quickly?) would malfunction from the robot pieces' magnetism. If Shiage actually had an ability, he'd be pretty damn formidable (and creative).

Quite difference from Accelerator, who was rather ability-dependent, though he's been getting better at that, and from Touma, who really just relies them relying on their ability too much (and his punches actually working). Touma has shown to be a little creative depending on the surroundings, like throwing cement dust at the fake Mitsuki...though trying to punch a sword wasn't his greatest idea when he had a sword with him, but Shiage has shown some pretty good resourcefulness (being in a weapons lab helps, I suppose).
Old 2010-05-22, 05:39   Link #3062
Ashaman

To be fair, he thought it was a magic sword at the time, something that would shatter when it touched IB.

Touma has shown some creativity.... but when your only weapon is your hand, there really isn't a great varity possible.
Old 2010-05-22, 12:50   Link #3063
tsunade666

Index did said that his IB could easily destroy the obsedian. Plus at fisrt his also running because he doesn't have any idea on what's happening but thanks to index.
Old 2010-05-22, 15:59   Link #3064
sasuke706

Haimura finished his Civilian Clothes illustration of a certain shotacon teleporter and a certain homosexual teleporter...

Anyway, here's Awaki and Kuroko:
Spoiler for Illustration:

Seems this is the last one, too. Well, regarding the polls, for now.
Old 2010-05-22, 17:22   Link #3065
tsunade666

I'm not sure if it's Teh_Ping but I can't think of anyone translating it but theirs been an update

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me10_Chapter_7
Old 2010-05-22, 21:36   Link #3066
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Haimura finished his Civilian Clothes illustration of a certain shotacon teleporter and a certain homosexual teleporter...

Seems this is the last one, too. Well, regarding the polls, for now.
Damn, I wanted Himegami to win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Catching up with all the discussions and spoilers.

Found a summary of vol 19 courtesy of The Observer from OM.
I've noticed a few thing...

First and foremost, lets get the obvious out of the way...

Spoiler:

Anyway here's the main point - Looks like there has been some misinterpretation here.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-05-23 at 00:59.
Old 2010-05-22, 22:16   Link #3067
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
5. Another shocker, Aiwass is a she?! Though wouldn't it be more acurate to so her an ít'?
Ehh.... no, Aiwass is an entity like angels who don't have a gender, so Aiwass has that androgynous figure in accord to the description.... like Accelerator XD.
Old 2010-05-22, 23:08   Link #3068
tsunade666

so it's age of gods huh... well it's interesting but I just would lke to dig in it a lot deeper but I'm not into reading a huge wall of text.

If the author tends to use the book of law thing then I don't know on what to say.

But from what I observe some are things that had been cleared and it helps. A lot

By the way so horus is the latest age? then the past are osiris and isis? is their more faqs about them?

so the wings represents a god and it's power or it's aeon? or it's age... then what age does osiris represents with?

I can't understand what Crowley writes for the age of horus but I only understand is one thing on the sentence is about the "but goeth radiant ever upon His Way" reminds me of touma.

And it's an interesting theory if it's an AIM diabolic book.

But the main point for me what is the truth on the word "AIM"

it's been said that it's the power of esper or their personal reality emerge on it or something but how can an AIM produce a way for a DIVINE being to exist?

Unless it's been explained clearly I really can't understand a thing.
Old 2010-05-23, 01:17   Link #3069
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Damn, I wanted Himegami to win...
Spoiler:

Anyway here's the main point - Looks like there has been some misinterpretation here.

Spoiler:
1. Consider her co-workers are bunch of loli-con, I think it is fair to say she has the opposite quirk.
2. It really isn't someone new.
4. Etzali isn't using the Grimore that much. They are painful to use and he didn't fully master them yet. Though it is creepy how his power jump into a completely different level after he acquire just two of them.
5. Angels have no biological sex, and yes, I would agree "it" is a better word.

And my personal interpretation on what Eiwass said... well, I believe he is referring to the level of divinity between their power.
According to Thelema cult, we are already in Aeon of Horus in current time. But Eiwass still claim Accelerator to be in the Aeon of Osiris. Eiwass probably isn't referring to the doctrine that represents their time, but whether their actual power matches with the ideology of the Aeon.
Old 2010-05-23, 01:25   Link #3070
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
so it's age of gods huh... well it's interesting but I just would lke to dig in it a lot deeper but I'm not into reading a huge wall of text.

If the author tends to use the book of law thing then I don't know on what to say.

But from what I observe some are things that had been cleared and it helps. A lot

By the way so horus is the latest age? then the past are osiris and isis? is their more faqs about them?
The first Aeon of Isis was maternal, where the female aspect of the Godhead was revered due to a mostly matriarchal society and the idea that "Mother Earth" nourished, clothed and housed man. It was characterized by pagan worship of the Mother and Nature. In his Equinox of the Gods Crowley describes this period as "simple, quiet, easy, and pleasant; the material ignores the spiritual"

The Classical/Medieval Aeon of Osiris is considered to be dominated by the paternal principle and the formula of the Dying God. This Aeon was characterized by that of self-sacrifice and submission to the Father God.

Quote:
so the wings represents a god and it's power or it's aeon? or it's age... then what age does osiris represents with?
The Egyptian Gods are just a name used to represent the state of the person's belief, I now don't think that it has anything to do with the actual Egyptian Gods.

The age of Osiris is base around death, to be honest, I'm also having a hard time putting the pieces together as well. But it seems to me that the theory of the Aeons is somewhat similar to the manifestation of the AIM, in that to attain higher power (The Wings) one has to reach certain state of mind/thinking/belief. This brings us back to the attempt at acheiving [SYSTEM], in which the person has to transcend the normal understandings to 'reach the will of heaven'.

Magic has a similar theory called Gnosticism according to Index, and that their theory is humans are but immature gods that can reach ascension and God's power with enough training, if humans can't understand then all they have to do is obtain a body that's beyond humanity.

Quote:
I can't understand what Crowley writes for the age of horus but I only understand is one thing on the sentence is about the "but goeth radiant ever upon His Way" reminds me of touma.
The faith follows the idea that the 20th century marked the beginning of a the Aeon of Horus, in which a new ethical code would be followed; "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". This libertarian statement indicated that followers, who are known as Thelemites, should seek out and follow their own True Will rather than their ego's desires

Quote:
And it's an interesting theory if it's an AIM diabolic book.

But the main point for me what is the truth on the word "AIM"

it's been said that it's the power of esper or their personal reality emerge on it or something but how can an AIM produce a way for a DIVINE being to exist?

Unless it's been explained clearly I really can't understand a thing.
Aiwass said that it's an [Angel] but not the same as the Christian Angels.

And since the Toaru definition of an Angel is a being that is created from the gathering of 'power', I'm guessing the difference is that Aiwass is an Angel made of AIM while the Christian Angels are made of Telesma.

Also, wanna bet the reason for the screw up in the four Elements have something to do with Aleister filling the world up with AIM?
Old 2010-05-23, 02:07   Link #3071
tsunade666

If AIM can't coexist with the telesma then it's probably the reason.

He did spread the sister AROUND THE WHOLE WORLD.

Plus the angel fall happen after the sisters where BROUGHT OUTSIDE THE CITY

Isn't that great. The heaven had an awful accident by gabriel falling in the sky and all. Then the orthers of things are getting messed up. Specially after the whole "SISTERS" are brought outside and after touma taking care of it and isn't it great that the one who triggers the accident a relative of touma.

And I find it interesting when you post about the aeon of osiris and isis.

The Isis characteristics as "simple, quiet, easy, and pleasant; the material ignores the spiritual" if I connect it to Kakine... well I don't know him much because their is no enough info about him and his personalities but if I connect it on his powers. "the material ignores the spiritual" and the isis also connects to the mother earth......
His powers connects on changing the initial phase of matter that are presents on the world or should I say the objects present on the "mother earth"
The "mother earth is mostly believe created by the "GOD" and his power is connected to the gods. And if I look at the last part of the material ignores the spiritual, it's like the when he change the matter into a new one, it ignores it's original states or the state that which its been created for also mean it's also ignoring the laws of god or should I say it also ignores the spirits? and can I also connect those spirits to the angels and gods?
As Mother and Nature connects... hard for me to explain but for the word nature. Kakine DID
change the whole Nature of things thanks to his powers. It looks like his given the authority to control the "Mother Naure" taking it into a whole new level or a more of his own ideal form.

Still to little info for more, as for Accelerator
"The Classical/Medieval Aeon of Osiris is considered to be dominated by the paternal principle and the formula of the Dying God. This Aeon was characterized by that of self-sacrifice and submission to the Father God. "
Well from the attitude of Accel. He tried to take it all into himself without relying on others and even tried to take all the blame. Isn't that consider a self-sacrificing idiot? The path of accel
is the path of carnage and death. His way past the way of his thinking. His like an old fashion samuri or something and acting all on his beliefs or on what his been ordered with. And together with it he would destroy anything that would cause harm to his master or on who he wants to protect. A Dying GOD fits him for all he had done. He himself even think his good as goner already and had no redemtion so he would just take on his path. But theirs a little change on him but still struct down by Aleister........... as for powers
"submission to the Father God" ............ befitting on his ability too. Well for me he can sub due everything and all. His like a little demigod himself. And his ability has the domain of CONTROL and it can also be connected to the word submission. And if I connect it to "ISIS" which can change the mother nature as for him the "OSIRIS" he can control the mother nature.

Pretty interesting but still no much info... I just can't piece it all together.
Old 2010-05-23, 04:27   Link #3072
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's Teh_Ping but I can't think of anyone translating it but theirs been an update

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me10_Chapter_7
Yup, that was me. Update now at 81%. Going back to camp in an hour's time.
Old 2010-05-23, 07:56   Link #3073
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Yup, that was me. Update now at 81%. Going back to camp in an hour's time.
Thanks teh_ping
Old 2010-05-23, 08:49   Link #3074
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post

Awaki looks so bad-ass there, I actually prefer this than the one she's currently wearing. Now if Kuroko only wore something similar then this picture would have been perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Awaki and Accelerator in the same group? If that so, is there any special conversation between tow of them since Accelerator kicked her ass so badly in few previous novel?
Sorry, I must have missed your post when I was browsing the previews page. I'm not so sure if there are any 'special' conversation that took place between them, but I can imagine their first "GROUP" meeting being pretty awkward especially for Awaki since she's forced to work with someone who just sent her flying some time ago

Anyway I've been thinking, if the spoilers are indeed true about Imagine breaker's full power finally getting released then Touma's memories are probably returning. God's right seat did say that the imagines breaker's true potential lies within his memories. (please let it be that dragon hand, I so wanna see it again)
Old 2010-05-23, 08:55   Link #3075
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Vol 10 chap 7 part 8:
Kuroko just declare that she didn't mind anymore be it Mikoto, her mother, sister or daughter.... what a gluttonous Yuri pervert.

And Misaka swear to not let Kuroko know about the Sisters existence...

so until vol 10 Shirai Yuri Kuroko didn't aware or at least encounter one of the Sisters during Sister arc.?
IMO that a bit strange..
since a lot people witnessing Mikoto clone all over the city...
how come a Judgment member (whose also patrolling the city blocks) didn't encounter even at least one of the Sister's except Mikoto and Touma

but I still wondering what happened if Kuroko know the Sister's existence...
May be some news spread throughout Misaka Network that some stalker with teleporter ability kidnapping the sisters one by one

and Touma sought by Misaka Imouto (serial number 10032) for protection
while Accelerator become more paranoid around LO
Old 2010-05-23, 09:11   Link #3076
Bordix

Actually in the Index manga there were rumors spreading around about several girls having the same appearance as Misaka roaming around the city, Kuroko actually heard about this and even jokingly(?) said if it were true that she'd get one or more for herself.

I actually wonder what would happen if she encounters "The Accelerator". Hell will surely be raised
Old 2010-05-23, 09:11   Link #3077
Ashaman

She did meet a few, but she thought they were Mikoto, and they ran away. Besides, 10,000 in 23000000 (is this 2.3 mil?) is still just a fraction of the population.

It was a secret project, and most rumours about it, were.... well, are rumours. This is addressed at some point in the Sisters arc, where Misaka dismisses the rumours herself.

I'll admit, it is a bit strange, but not exactly unbeleivable.

(It's something that'll be addressed in my fic though)

Edit: 108. This was the number of Misaka's Kuruko wanted in her harem if it turned out to be true. She is such a perv.
Old 2010-05-23, 09:19   Link #3078
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Actually in the Index manga there were rumors spreading around about several girls having the same appearance as Misaka roaming around the city, Kuroko actually heard about this and even jokingly(?) said if it were true that she'd get one or more to herself.
Yeah! I read about it too...Kuroko intend to take around Heavenly 108 Onee-sama for herself

Quote:
I actually wonder what would happen if she encounters The Accelerator. Hell will surely be raised
Kuroko will abuse her Judgement power, by saying that some one after LO and she'll protect her on Accel place, since Accel is unofficial LO guardian, he must obey the rule or force the law...while in fact...Kuroko is the real culprit whose drooling over LO loli body

Kuroko: "heh heh *drooling*..what a stupid albino guy, now I'll have chibi version of Onee-sama in my collection"
Old 2010-05-23, 10:09   Link #3079
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I actually wonder what would happen if she encounters The Accelerator. Hell will surely be raised
Then you can say goodbye to the strongest one as Kuroko will defeat Accelerator.

Under normal circumstance, Accelerator can beat Kuroko easily...

However, if it is under Onee-sama circumstance, Kuroko can obliterate Aiwass, Fiamma and Accelerator to nothing due to Yuri Adrenaline Boost which give her to access Lv7.

Kuroko demonic plan , which can easily dwarfed Alesiter's artificial heaven plan.

1. Capture Last Order
2. Brainwash her and make her to give order to gather the remaining sisters to gather at her house.
3. Ambush Mikoto with the help of sisters.
4. ???
5. Profit

Heck, even if Kuroko is in Accelerator position where Aiwass make LO coma, Kuroko will use her ability to the extend to teleport to Russia straight away, then England to find Index.

Quote:
Actually in the Index manga there were rumors spreading around about several girls having the same appearance as Misaka roaming around the city, Kuroko actually heard about this and even jokingly(?) said if it were true that she'd get one or more for herself.
Can I know which chapters could it be? I must have missed that.

Last edited by Sixth; 2010-05-23 at 10:36.
Old 2010-05-23, 13:11   Link #3080
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Can I know which chapters could it be? I must have missed that.
Chapter 20 of Railgun...

Grear, the previews conversation was heating up. About the aeons of gods and now back to kuroko stealing some sisters.....
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen