AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-08-03, 05:25   Link #1
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Post Manga created by dream

Hiya everyone, I had a very strange dream this night. To say, it is very rare for me to remember my dreams, and this one is still quite lively in my head.
On the other hand, I don't remember any names besides one: Savannah xD That would be the name of a female. Any way, I'll try to write the beginning of the story that I dreamed and I hope, I can remember everything.

It startes off with a valley landscape in the past, where many flowers bloom. There is a little patch close to a group of big rocks and a few smaller stones. That patch consists mainly of especially beautiful and extremely rare flowers. In fact these grow only here. They are nurtured and cared for by a tribe of people, who know about the uses of this plant. They have to keep this existence secret, as they are so rare.
If a human dies, they will soon start to decompose but the flesh will remain intact for a while. For a reference to decomposition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompisition (Wikipedia)
Is the plant burned close to the body of the dead while the corpse's brain is intact, the incense is able to create a copy of the original soul based on the brain structure and bind the soul to the body. This includes the general, last and main thought processes as well as all important and last memories. In my story the soul completely falls apart on death to become raw material for the next soul, but it keeps it's characteristics for a while which is the reason for the exact copy the plant can create and bind to the body. Also, the soul's fragments will linger around the body for a few days after death.
In short: burning the plant close to a corpse of a human or animal will revive him or it, but only as long, as the brain didn't start to decompose yet. Also, every thing else will be mended over a few hours. First reactions of the revived are expected within one hour (twitching of a finger, jerking, breathing, if the plant is burned within an hour after death, the person might already be fully alive and fit if he wasn'f injured heavily.)

After hundreds of years, these flowers suddenly disappeared and no one had any idea why. The tribe began to slowly scatter, first across the country, then the whole world. Their existance grew less and less known, in the end only a few families with the tribe's blood remained after many generations. However, these kept the tales, sagas and stories of their tribe high and important, so neither the tribe nor their knowledge completely disappeared. They often told the children of the tribe the fairy tale of a rare and unbelievably beautiful flower, which is said to have astral powers. They didn't know, that this particular plant was able to revive the departed and most of them thought that it would enable communication with their ancestors (for all those that didn't notice: communication with the ancestors is impossible in this story, for the soul scatters upon death, and it can only be recreated by the burning flower). None of them knew, what it looked like and there was no name for the flower. The legend also told that this flower will return, when there is a human with tribal blood and a heart filled with sadness present in the valley.

All members of the tribe will return to their original home and gather in the valley every decade (10 years) and celebrate the continous existance of the tribe. The legends, tales and sagas will be told anew, kept alive and given to the children to remember in the future. Their little festival is held for the length of seven days and is of utmost importance to these people.

The story takes place during one of these festivals:
A young female member of the tribe with the name Savannah got to know a male student on his 21st birthday, which was on the same day as her 20th birthday.
They started to meet once every week and soon spent more time together on dates. After a few months in a close and harmonic relationship, they wished to marry on the second last day of the tribal festival.
There were only a few weeks left to the festival, just enough time to prepare the wedding.
As the tribe's ceremony drew close, so did the wedding and the couple really looked forward to it.

[Ah damn, this already is only the basic plot for the story, and yet I have to cut short -.- not much time left, so here it is:]

The families of the tribe gather in the valley in order to begin the festival and Savannah's boyfriend soon declares their marriage planned for the 6th day of the meeting.

The two of them go around the valley often and spend a lot of time outside. Savannah tells her boyfriend everything she remembers about the tribe as they wander along the valley's edge, on a part where a really steep cliff stands high.

As they sit down and watch the beautiful scenery, the rocks below the boyfriend begin to slowly crack unnoticed and every time he moves, the cracks widen and the rocks become more and more unstable.
After a long while, they decide to return, and both move to stand up. He, standing, reaches for her hand to help her stand up.
As they hold each others hand and Savannah is getting on her feets, the rocks below him suddenly loose their halt and slip away, pulling him down. Because he held her hand, he doesn't fall far, she is lying on the edge and frantically clenching his hand, so that he wouldn't fall down and die, but she doesn't have enough power to drag him up. He, looking at the rocks right below Savannah, notices the cracks as they increase every single time she makes a move and tells her to stay still.
He tries to climb up along her arm, but even that worsens the cliff's condition. He realizes that there is no way for him to save them both, because the walls are just out of his reach. As long as they don't move, nothing would happen, but should he even just stretch his legs, they both are going to fall.
Not even able to kiss her, he decides that it is time to let go, giving her a few last words of fare well, and finally loosens his grip on her arm. She cries, screams and is reaching out with her hand to grap him, but she doesn't have any strength left in her arm and hand, not even enough to hold him for seconds.
As he begins to fall, he looks deeply in her eyes, suppressing his tears, his finger gliding along her arm, pressing a fast and final kiss on her hand. She cries loud, calls his name, tears flow down her cheeks, along her chin, fall down the long, long steep cliff just like...
He can't be seen anymore, as he falls into the forest far below.

The trees are slowing his fall enough so he would not die instantly upon impact, but still, his head hits a rock hard enough to loose his conscious and he stops breathing. After five minutes he finally dies, because there is not enough oxygen in his brain cells anymore. His heart stops beating.

Half an hour later, Savannah finally finds him, after a long run down the slopes. She sees him lying there maybe uninjured? She begins to hope, maybe - just maybe, he is still alive? Maybe there is still a tiny, tiny bit of life left in him?
She clings to that hope, refusing any other possibility, touching him, his cheeks, his arms and hands, his lips, ignoring the fact that his body is cooling down, talking to him, trying to wake him up, opening his eyes.
As she stares deep into his eyes, she slowly becomes aware of the dullness in his eyes, the missing wam gaze he always had for her, the glittering which should be there, but isn't. She falls into despair, deeper than her heart could take - right after she had hoped again, right after she believed him to be alive.

She cries, curling up on his body, her head on his broad chest, crying and shivering for many hours. She grows tired, totally exhausted she falls asleep.
Her family is missing her, they search for them, but can't find them in that wide, long valley.

She wakes up, because she dreamed about the recent events she knows right away what happened, so she wakes up in a trance, shuts herself off to the world around her.
Without really knowing it, she takes his hand and goes. Slowly, without life in her eyes, she drags him along the paths between the trees, not thinking at all, her heart crushed, no hope, no happiness.
She forgot what it means to be happy, she forgot what it was like, to be loved by somebody. She stumbles home, where no one waits. She is alone, with her dead partner. Again she curls up besides him and falls asleep.

Only after roughly one hour she wakes up again, this time with a clear head, deeply mourning his death.
After a while, she decides to go out into the valley. She doesn't have any goal where to go, so she just walks lamenting silently. Without noticing, she arrives at the place of the tragedy, where he lay not long ago. She sits down somewhere, her arms around her legs, her chin on her knees, her eyes closed. She sits there for a while like that, she doesn't know how long.
But after some time she becomes aware of a very distinct and wonderful fragrance.
She realizes that it has been there since she arrived, but she didn't care for it back then. She opens her eyes, searching for the source. Not far from the place where the corpse fell, stunningly beautiful flowers bloom.
They didn't light up her heart, but they gave her something else to think about for a while, it was strangely tranquil around them. She decides to pluck a few of them to take home.
While on her way home, her little sister already arrives there, she wanted to rest for a bit before heading out to search again. The little sister stumbles across the corpse. After she realizes who lies there and why, she freezes in shock. She never really came to like him, because she felt he took her big sister away from her.
But to see him dead, to see the person who was loved by her big sister dead is too much for her. She stands there, asking herself if this could be her fault, after all, she wished that he would just disappear and give her back her big sister. Just stands there in a wild daze.
Savannah enters the house and heads straight for him, she doesn't even realize that her little sister stands close by, in shock. She kneels down at his side and places the flowers on his chest. She notices the faint smell of decay, and realizes that his body wont be there... for ever.

[Damn I got to make it shorter again, I really dont have any time left for this. xD]

The little sister kneels down after a while and leans on the back of her big sister, not knowing what she should do.
Later the rest of the family arrives, by now it has already gotten dark. Everyone is shocked, the mother silently asking herself: "Why so close to the marriage?", they all do their best to comfort Savannah.
She asks everyone to leave for a while, she wants to be alone with him. Because the smell becomes nauseating, she decides to burn one of the fragrant flowers.

After an hour, the boyfriend starts breathing, the heart also beats but he still stays unconscious. Savannah is staring at his chest, sees it move up and down frantically, but she strongly refuses to hope, she doesn't want to feel that despair again, the one she felt before in the woods. She tries to convince herself, that it's just an illusion caused by her strong wish for him to be alive. She doesn't realize what the flowers really are, she doesn't know, that they are the legendary flowers that revive the dead. She doesn't know that her sadness and despair caused these flowers to grow, she doesn't know that her tears that fell and contained all her emotions caused these flowers to grow.
An hour later, the mother enters the room and she sees him breathing and she stumbles in surprise and disbelieve. Everyone else rushed in, thinking that maybe Savannah took her own live, but jolt to a sudden halt as they realize what happened.
The boyfriend's breath is calms down, becomes steady and slow, just as if he was sleeping, his face peaceful, no sign of pain.

Is there someone willing to write a story with this basic plot? Maybe this is even good stuff for a manga? If there is someone, plz do as you please, just inform me by pm

Also COMMENTS, COMMENTS and again COMMENTS please!

EDIT: Ah yeah, I didn't realize: The title says "Manga created by dream". That was because when I started this, I thought of it purely as a base plot for a manga. Also that dream more or less had the same "look" as a manga or an anime
Anyway, it doesn't really matter if this is used for a short story or a new manga...

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^

Last edited by Savannah; 2011-06-24 at 14:37. Reason: Title mistake
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 13:01   Link #2
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

no reactions at all?^^ Just a comment, maybe a rating on the idea? I really want to know, it is the first time i posted something like this and soon I'll be gone for a longer while.

Old 2008-08-03, 15:06   Link #3
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Very interesting dream Though a sad one as well. I have a lot of dreams that get really bizarre. Yours seems to be more about love and loss. Mine seem to be more about action, destruction, and flat out weirdness* .

The main premise that your story would be exploring is, "what would you do if you could bring someone back to life for a few moments?... or longer...?" You could branch this into the search for immortality, the consequences that follow it, and even the importance of death. It all depends on the direction you want to go. As the brain deteriorating is what causes a second death to the person whom has been brought back you also have other strange things in history, like mummification or any form of embalming which exists to stop deterioration. As this is more of a love and family based story then you might not want to go the way of the immortal zombie. Unless of course someone realized the pains of immortality and wiped out all the flowers years ago...

It is a very unique idea, and certainly has a very mature feeling to it. What you do with it would depend on the scope but really what you have here is an exploration of death and its relevance to life. The tone of love and loss plays the contrasting aspects of the story and might seriously complicate things as the story progresses; can you love a decomposing person? How would one treat someone whom you had seen die? How would you treat someone who was like an immortal? Highlander examined this in an interesting way; everyone mourned his death, but once he came back to life they were not happy but terrified of him.

Depending on what you wanted your major conflict or the tone to be you could have any number of stories from this. It might be best as a short story/manga where the girl meets someone who has become immortal and warns her of the pain that will follow her from having used the flowers, or something like that.

*As a side note, I figure I should tell what kind of things are normal in my dreams. In my dream one night last week I looked out my bathroom window to see a person dressed in a ful bodied Gorilla costume falling over my chain link fence. I went out to see if they were okay only to discover it was a vampire girl who had just left a costume party / vampire intervention where they were trying to stop her from sucking blood from humans. Lots of craziness pursued. Some how we hit it off even though she claimed I was just another flavor of food to her that she was not in the mood for. We got in some interesting conversations, one of which was about education when she told me, "Look, almost all teachers of young students are human eating Aliens. I don't like them even if we both eat people. I mean they are ugly and have no taste. (I get scared) Don't worry! They don't eat the kids they teach. They are like shepherds. They raise them stupid to make sure they are easier to catch when they are older. Does that explain the education system for you?" She was right. They were aliens... And that was only a part of the dream.
Old 2008-08-03, 17:40   Link #4
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

@chiba: I certainly want to dream one of ur dreams DD

Your analytic sense is quite developed and distinct.
I was thinking along those lines as well. Also that loss and family... Well, I did loose my whole family and 4 other VERY important persons to me aswell. If I were to meet a trusted friend of mine, with his consciess/soul transfered into another body etc. I wouldn't have any problem with it. Even if it was the person I loved, his thoughts, feelings and wishes are still the same after all...
I don't like the idea of immortality and the plant in my story doesn't have that effect as well. It only revives by the reconstruction of the soul and body other then the brain. It doesn't mend a "half way" destroyed soul, and has no effect on persons that did not die (aside from tranquilizing and thought process cleaning). All those stories where people strive to reach immortality... They aren't my stuff I wouldn't have a problem with an endless live with a chance to die by accident or murder. But immortality forces a person to go insane earlier or later, depending on ones stability and mind setting. Ah well, that is my opinion and does not have to be true xD

Edit: Yeah, I forgot to ask, how did the aliens look? And if u say that they were indeed aliens, just how fast did u age? I mean, if they are after the adults only, ur age gotta be skyrocketing... although for u that wouldnt be strange i guess xD

Last edited by Savannah; 2011-06-24 at 14:38.
Old 2008-08-04, 11:43   Link #5
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

There is a TV show in America called Pushing Daisies which actually addresses a simmilar idea in its story. It is about a man (a pie maker) who has the ability to touch someone and bring them back to life, no matter how dead they are. Usually they are very dead as it is a comedy murder mystery with a Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas feel. But the problem is if he leaves them alive for longer than 60 seconds, someone else will die in their place. The other problem with his power is if he ever touches them again after they have come back to life, they die... again.

So his power is mostly used for solving murder mysteries by asking dead people what happened in 60 seconds or less. And bringing his girlfriend from high school back to life. But he can never touch her ... or else she will die. Again. The other way he uses his power is to take old rotten fruit, touch it, which makes the fruit eternally perfect, and bake perfect pies with it. Pies he can never eat because if he touches them again, they go bad. It is a very weird show. My brother loves it.

The story idea also reminds me somewhat of Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid, where Mermaids live long lives but have no eternal soul and humans live short lives but live in heaven after they die. I'm not sure why it reminds me of that one. Probably because they both address death in such a unique way.

If you really want to do this as a story you will probably need to pick some important things you want to include. Family seems to be very important for this story as does friendship and love. There needs to be some sort of conflict, whatever you chose the story to be. In reality it could just be a very surreal story that is simple and a nice, "what if death didn't hurt so much...?"

In my opinion bringing in some fantastic power (time travel, immortality, seeing the future, etc) is best used to look at a part of our normal life in a way we do not normally think about it. Like how Blade Runner looks at what it is to really be a human through the eyes of a man who hunts down artificial humans. Or how Claymore takes girls who are monsters and the thing they want most is a human life which shows how important being human really is. Even stories that are very depressing can be shown to have very happy parts. Actually happiness in stories is only realized in contrast to pain and sadness.

Some stories do not do this at all. I don't know if you ever saw Kate and Leopold (chick flick) but with time travel the only thing they do is get a girl an old fashioned guy because all guys in this modern day and age are lame. Interesting, but why was time travel there? Think of all the mistakes you could fix if you could travel through time... Really it all depends on the goal of the story. If you wanted the story to be nice and friendly at the end the final message might be that even when someone does die, their soul really does not disappear even if people think it does (little mermaid style). It could get heavily religious there, but stories can slip in all sorts of beliefs . Personally, I would really struggle with a story where death is the end because I know there is more so in the end I would have to communicate that in some way, even if it did not start like that. It all depends on what you want people to get from the story or what you want to put into it.

The Aliens in my dream were shape shifters, and I had difficulty seeing their true form as they seemed to phase through space (and time a bit). The Vampire girl taught me to see the shifting space around them which looked like a fluctuating rainbow but I could never see their actual forms. Though I get the feeling they had tentacles and were ugly. She could see them and I couldn't and I think they avoided me as much as possible because I was with her. But I had my power over the vampire girl as well; she didn't have a reflection in any mirror because she was a vampire so she always had to ask if she looked okay with different outfits or if she had anything in her teeth. I encouraged her to give up using make-up even if she did want to look like a goth. She was a trendy vampire. I got her to stop using make-up all together because she couldn't put it on right (no reflection) and I don't like make-up anyway, even on the undead. She looked much better without it as she had a very smooth undead complexion. Also she had to wear really silly outfits, like a Gorilla suit or other costumes, during the day light to make sure sun didn't hit her. I guess day time is when the young vampires do all of their crazy activities, like how young humans do stupid stuff at night. I didn't like her being too crazy (as that could get dangerous) so most of our activities took place at night.

Probably the most interesting thing she showed me to do besides seeing phased space to find aliens was that she showed me how to use the earth's atmosphere as a telescopic lens. At first we used it to watch giant mirage like Alien ships land and depart earth. But then she showed me that by looking through phased space I could see the universe around me better than pictures from the Hubble Space Telescope. By focusing on any star it would slowly became larger and larger until it filled the whole sky and I could see its planets, moons, and anything else I wanted in such detail that I could zoom in on the topography of the planet google-earth style and even see the worlds with cities of alien intelligent life. It made for some really fun star gazing as the night sky was not just twinkling lights but an interactive celestial stage play. I remember looking at Saturn and seeing its rings stretch all the way across the horizon as if it were going to collide with Earth itself. We could see hot yellow storm clouds swirling violently across Saturn's dusty surface. That was a whole lot of fun. So was going to a techno concert and dancing with her and her night time friends (probably other night creatures; werewolfs, ghouls, her vegitarian vampire friends, etc). That was a lot of fun too in the dream because there were IMAX sized movie screens everywhere... Well, that's the kind of dream I had last week. This week they have been more influenced by Biomega and other Tsutomu Nihei' manga's which means a lot more cyborgs and shooting things.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:42   Link #6
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Delete this post plz

Last edited by Savannah; 2008-08-05 at 07:04.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:44   Link #7
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Lol, now I really really REALLY want to dream that...

I don't really like things like time machines and such. I don't have problems with time manipulations tho. That is as long as it keeps one in the present or past. Apropos past, NEVER EVER correct a mistake. I mean, eat the wrong apple and humanity would remain stupid for a long long time and had no idea what gravity is at all. Or u go and give early-days-computer factories some tips on materials and such in order to get ur home sized super computer in 20th century. "OH SHIT, WTFH??? YAY TERMINATOR LIFE!!!!11!!!" Give the best baker in Paris of a few hundred years ago the recent best cake recipie and we all would only consist of jaws, stomach and double tracks. Give Galileo NASA techology and we will soon see Star Wars in everyday news. Tell all those scientists and alchemists from ages ago, that around 99% of their researches are gonna be forgotten and/or useless soon and back in the present ur gonna dig up BIG piles of human bones with a stone shovel instead of a nice sturdy big digging machine.

Considering that point conflict in a nice story, there is one important case: The little sister of Savannah hates the boyfriend. It's not really just the easy case that he takes most of the time with Savannah and leaves the sister with naught. I really can't describe it here... Hmm, when I dreamed that I remember a pain that goes far deeper then to loose the younger sister in an accident, plus some insecure feelings that are caused by the suddenly missing support of an older sister(She soon leans on Savannah's back during the time the boyfriend is dead.Remember?).

Old 2008-08-04, 21:36   Link #8
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Have fun doing whatever you are doing from the 5th on .

Lol! You sure have thought about time machines a lot . Those could make for some very interesting stories if you were doing one about time travel. I brought up time travel as a sci-fi/fantasy point that can be used as the conflict itself. Like you said, what the stories teach from time travel is NEVER EVER correct a mistake. Why do we know that? I mean none of us have time traveled before. We mostly feel that way because stories tell us so. If we could go back in time and change things without consequence and in the end everything turned out right there is no conflict in the story and conflict is what makes a story, even if it is a very simple conflict.

With your dream it seems like most of the conflict is going to be between people and their relationships. The little sister is jealous of all the time Savannah spends with the boyfriend. How does she feel about the boyfriend coming back from the dead? Savannah is okay with it as she values his intelligence, company, and relationship. But how does the family feel about it? How does his family feel about it? Will they be allowed to marry? How does the community feel about it? I imagine they would be jealous that he gets to live when so many of their friends and relatives did not. How long does he have to live again? How long he lives might be the most important point. Depending on how long he has, it might be a very sad ending as Savannah has to watch him die again. Or it could be a very nice ending as he resolves all of his ties and passes on comforting Savannah so she does not self destruct like she did the last time he died. He might make amends with everyone he can, even if they hate him or are terrified by him, including the little sister. He could encourage Savannah to really live her life as death is not something to be afraid of.

See you whenever you get back from wherever you are going!

PS: What do you mean by "delete this line plz?" Which line are you referring to?

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-08-04 at 23:32.
chibamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 07:18   Link #9
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

The end of the storie is not certain, I woke up soon after he came back to life. Although it could have been the ending, it didn't give off that feeling.^^
I HATE parents that want to arrange marriages, but I understand when parents criticise (spelling?) a marriage. If I had a daugher or a son, I would only give them the advice, to be careful how they raise their childs.
How the little sister felt, after the boyfriend was revived? I don't really know, though I think she was relieved, not because he was alive, but because neither her guilty feelings wouldn't have any need any more, nor her big sister would be in pain any longer. Of course she also would have those lingering feeligs of jealousy, but I guess those recent events would make it easier to accept him and dampen her jealousy.
Yeah, tomorrow morning I'm off and traveling, where ever I like it the most I'll stay for my live. When I find a internet caffee, I'm gonna log on and bother u guys again
Chiba, have loads of fun and I hope u don't die before Claymore finishes xD

I will leave the house in around 18 to 19 hours, but I'll be sleeping a good deal of that

Old 2008-08-05, 11:31   Link #10
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Ooh, international traveling . Sounds like fun! It seems you have an indefinite return date as well. When I was 19 I went to Japan for 2 years and only could check my emails occasionally so I know what that is like. It was a lot of fun. I met a lot of people who were traveling while I was over there as well. I met one girl who was hiking across the world and had been for years. What an intense vacation! I had one friend whose parents were from Britain and they decided to drive around the world. They did it for more than a year when one day they got to Australia and they liked it so much that they sold their car, bought a house, and have not left since. People are fascinating.

Arranged marriages are something I am not too familiar with where I live, though sometimes I wish someone would find me a good wife and that we could live happily ever after without me having to go to the work of finding a wonderful woman. But I do agree that who you chose to marry is probably the most important choice you make in life and a parent would certainly be concerned about children making that choice wisely. I would probably be pretty concerned if my daughter's fiance died and then came back as it would be so strange.

It is amazing to me that no matter how long my dreams are they rarely have a real end. Even when really interesting things happen that could be an ending they just keep going in a different way, on and on... until I wake up. But there are a lot of times that I wake up really wanting to know what happened next! So sometimes I just make up endings to feel better about it. I started remembering my dreams more and more when I started writing down bits and pieces from them, so you will already remember your dreams more. Someday I hope to be able to dream with my eyes opened...

I actually just had a dream that was kind of interesting. It took place on a world completely covered by giant cities (like several of the dreams I have been having recently because of reading Biomega and Blame!). I was a cyborg who could completely enter the internet and was playing an Artificial Intelligence program in a game of wits across many years. It was like a board game (probably because I recently have been reading Hikaru no Go) except that we would wire in and control people and robots around us in giant wars or conflicts that were already happening; she would join one side and I would join the other side of a conflict, we would take control of the people fighting and continue our game to see who was better at the game of war. The hardest part was that she would move from battle to battle and sometimes it would take me years to find her, especially after I won a conflict because she would be bitter about it... A few times I would join in a conflict thinking she was on the other side only to find out that she was not. Very odd dream because I am so against fighting without a cause. It was almost like a curse of immortality in that I didn't really care what else happened as the wars never seemed to hurt me. We would also challenge each other to different types of conflict; like hacking and taking over competing construction companies who were making buildings to see who could build better architecture faster etc. This dream really had no end as I would just keep looking for her for our next game in an endless cycle. Now I am wondering if she even existed in the end... weird.

Don't worry, if I die before Claymore finishes I will read it in the after life. Waiting probably won't be such a big deal over there. And there are a lot of people who have already died that I really want to meet so it will be a lot of fun on the other side as well. I mean there are many more dead people than living ones and I have a lot of questions I want to ask, especially to historical figures. There are also a lot of places I want to travel to that I can't get to with a body. I really want to explore the universe so I will do that too. Life may be short here, but I believe that all humans are eternal spirits who existed long before we came to earth and will exist long after we die on our quest to improve ourselves and our families.

Have fun on your travels!
Old 2008-08-05, 12:52   Link #11
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Did u read the manga "Mimia Hime"? U know, the one set in the VERY far future, where human like beings with wings of light exist. I've read both the one shot and the beginning of the series (really nice, both of them). If there is some kind of after life and it would be like that, I wouldn't hesitate and kill myself right here and now.
And I would be able to meet all my friends and family up there too. It's sad if I think about why I decided to start traveling just a short while ago xD I got no family, no friends and no loved ones here on earth left... It got kind of lonely... I wanna run away from this fucked up situation and start new.
Those dreams of urs, especially that endless one about the war games are really interesting. Makes me a bit sad, always searching, when u find what or who u want to, ur soon ending up alone again. Or the hope gets crushed by the fact that u didn't find what u sought... I could write some more to that, but I'll leave it at that now. Gonna finish packing and then I'll sleep some more.

BTW: lol this turned into some kind of dream, traveling discussion thread. interesting combination. no? xD

Last edited by Savannah; 2008-08-05 at 13:07.
Old 2008-08-05, 13:08   Link #12
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I have not read that one, but it sounds interesting so I will check it out.

Yeah, my dream did have a bizarre feel to it and was a bit different than my normal weirdness to it. The searching aspect was really strange because even though I lived for centuries the only thing I lived for was to compete with my rival in game after game. I had no attachments to anyone and just floated through existence. It was kind of depressing as the search took so long, though the games were a lot of fun. I wonder what my history was with the Artificial Intelligence. The dream started when I was already wandering through the future and I have no idea how my game started. The really sad part was that I would join these different groups to "help" them when my real goal was entirely selfish. It is not the kind of future I hope on anyone. In the dream I was so focused on the games that I didn't seem to notice the other aspects that were missing.

Death comes to all of us so there is no reason to hurry it up, especially as I believe this life is part of plan for us to progress even if it appears meaningless and hopeless at times. After all there are some things we can only do while we have bodies, and having families and children of our own is one of them. That is one of the gifts of having a body; we can create life. I am sorry that you lost your family and friends, so if you want I will be your friend until you get some more friends from your travels . That way you can say you have at least a friend. For me death feels like someone is in another room; we may not be able to see them, or hear them but they are still there and can be very close to us and very concerned about us. Sometimes the walls that separate us can get very thin.

Have fun on your travels! The world is an interesting and beautiful place .
Old 2008-08-05, 18:05   Link #13
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Hey chiba, thanks Whenever I'll be on, I'm gonna log on here and send u a PM or post in this thread, maybe u should subcribe here?^^
Anyway, due to those losses, I value any form of life more than one would normally. I guess that is the best thing I managed to achieve during those times. Although, every time I see some guy hitting on a girl against her will, I REAAAAAAALLY want to beat him up. I've seen 3 girls being raped or going to be raped, the first one barely made it home with his wound, the second asshole had to call an ambulance and the third one is still in coma...
All those that died, to me they are memories and thoughts only, I don't try to speak about them or even pray to them, I only remember them and still deeply respect and love them. To me there is no feeling like they are just out of reach or around the corner, they are just not here and I can't rely on them. I only have their mementos and my memories.

Old 2008-08-12, 16:49   Link #14
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Checked out Mimia Hime. It was cute . Looks like it was never made into a full blown series though which was too bad. Oh well. So what is this about your passport and visa being confiscated? That is CRAZY!
Old 2008-08-13, 08:01   Link #15
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Eh... I guess you misunderstood something. They weren't confiscated, they were stolen along with my purse. And about Mimia Hime, you only read the one-shot, didn't you? But there is also the beginning series. look at Solaris-SVU. You will find it under active projects. Has only a few chapters yet tho.

Old 2008-08-13, 15:58   Link #16
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Ooh... Stolen is much worse. I guess that means no travels... unless you take someone elses Visa and Passport! Identity Borrowing for Travels! You could go traveling for people so they don't have to go to the effort themselves. .

I'll check out Solaris-SVU then too.
Old 2008-08-14, 02:44   Link #17
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Here is the link to the "Mimia Hime" series: http://www.mangaworld.org/projects/mimia.html

"Shared Travel Union" Oo "One for all and all for one" xD or to be exact: "All of 'em for one, and one get's 'em all"

Last edited by Savannah; 2008-09-18 at 07:58.