Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-30, 00:10   Link #5241
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
really tell me one alpha male that you've seen recently cause right now there arent any.
Kazuki

Arata

Basara

That's three, want me to keep going?
Old 2015-03-30, 00:35   Link #5242
Malicre

Guess ichikaXChifuyu is never going to happen, fml
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 01:01   Link #5243
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Kazuki

Arata

Basara

yeah:

Kazuki Hayashizaki from Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou

Basara Toujou from Shinmai Maou no Testament

Akatsuki Ousawa from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

don't know the Arata you are talking about but these 3 I know are strong alpha males. They acknowledge the feelings of their harem and even actively respond to them. They aren't afraid to get hands on with them as well lol. I could think of a few others as well.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2015-03-30 at 01:12.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 04:19   Link #5244
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Kazuki

Arata

Basara

Not that he's on the alpha level of the above three, but a good midway point between them and Ichika is Shidou from Date A Live, who certainly isn't a "beta."
He's not dense like Ichika; he knows the girls have the hots for him particularly because his whole role is to make them fall in love with him. He'd just have a complicated time choosing any of them to be a girlfriend, since as has been pointed out time and again by the readers in the DAL LN thread, the other girls' probably negative reaction would be the problem. (the whole point is for Shidou to keep them all happy so their powers don't go berserk)
And he's quite competent with his emerging abilities; he doesn't have the girls' levels of power, but that's because he's not a spirit himself and doesn't have their level of energy and stamina, but he makes excellent use of the levels he does have, even quickly using brand-new powers to take control of a situation on a dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
don't know the Arata you are talking about but these 3 I know are strong alpha males.
I believe he's talking about Arata from Trinity Seven.
Old 2015-03-30, 06:09   Link #5245
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Guess ichikaXChifuyu is never going to happen, fml
a course not, their blood siblings (if there's no twist), not to mention she's WAY older than ichika, at this rate ichika won't make it another year at the academ
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 06:11   Link #5246
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Kazuki

Arata

Basara

don't forget kamito, & shido
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 06:17   Link #5247
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
a course not, their blood siblings (if there's no twist), not to mention she's WAY older than ichika, at this rate ichika won't make it another year at the academ
This is Japan we are talking about, I would not be surprised it ends like this.
Pretty much like Oreimo ( LN version ) and Yosuga no Sora did.

Not to mention that out of all girls ( and females ) Ichika only see his older sis.
Also the fact that she has bro-complex....
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 09:08   Link #5248
cyberdemon

Quote:
don't forget kamito, & shido
Yeah Itsuka Shidou from Date A Live and Hyoudou Issei from High School DxD as well. Shidou doesn't go hands on but tries not to let himself get pushed around by his harem. He acknowledges their feelings and tries his best to respond. Issei has the right traits and likes to go hands on but had a realistic trauma for a while that prevented him from going further but that has gotten a lot better.
Old 2015-03-30, 09:22   Link #5249
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Kazuki

Arata

Basara

I'll give u kazuki. I love the guy but a real alpha MC doenst hesistate when girls want him which is why I cant give it to Arata (make no mistake i love Arata). Basara is the same deal he's ultimately done it but i cant give him true alpha status because of the fact he's coerced into it. In my book an alpha MC if a girl wants him there's no hesistation

Kamito and Shidou are close but again the hesistation is why they're below alpha status.

Although unless we have a technical definition of Alpha MC its opinion
Perhaps i was a little rash though i admit the guys having more guts nowadays

Akatsuki is definitely alpha status also

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 10:00   Link #5250
Malicre

Quote:
The anime actually made me want to root for IchikaXChifuyu, There's no way you can look at your sister like that in a bikini unless your interested.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 10:33   Link #5251
cyberdemon

Quote:
I'll give u kazuki. I love the guy but a real alpha MC doenst hesistate when girls want him which is why I cant give it to Arata (make no mistake i love Arata). Basara is the same deal he's ultimately done it but i cant give him true alpha status because of the fact he's coerced into it. In my book an alpha MC if a girl wants him there's no hesistation

Kamito and Shidou are close but again the hesistation is why they're below alpha status.

Although unless we have a technical definition of Alpha MC its opinion
Perhaps i was a little rash though i admit the guys having more guts nowadays

Akatsuki is definitely alpha status also
You don't need to have sex to have alpha status. Kazuki and Basara don't have sex outright but they are active in the harems on both the giving and receiving end. They seek to please the girls in their harems rather than just stick to the status quo. They are also strong as individuals. They aren't going to just let themselves be pushed around every time by the girl's whims. Even those who seek harems by necessity like Kazuki and Shidou take responsibility for it and go the extra mile in the follow through.
Old 2015-03-30, 11:09   Link #5252
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
You don't need to have sex to have alpha status. Kazuki and Basara don't have sex outright but they are active in the harems on both the giving and receiving end. They seek to please the girls in their harems rather than just stick to the status quo. They are also strong as individuals. They aren't going to just let themselves be pushed around every time by the girl's whims. Even those who seek harems by necessity like Kazuki and Shidou take responsibility for it and go the extra mile in the follow through.
fair enough i think i just reacted to the comment o yea maybe they'll change ichika beacuse of the other alpha males and did it poorly haha.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-03-30, 11:10   Link #5253
Ignition Boost

Quote:

I guess somebody doesn't know the laws of anime... Blood related... yeah, they can't get married...
Then I guess those successful siblings pairings in other animes aren't possible then
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 11:11   Link #5254
cyberdemon

Quote:
fair enough i think i just reacted to the comment o yea maybe they'll change ichika beacuse of the other alpha males and did it poorly haha.
I would like it if the author could see that alpha males are popular and good for harems and change up Ichika a bit as well. Beta males like him don't make us sympathize with him much.
Old 2015-03-30, 11:31   Link #5255
demino_hellsin
That one guy

To be fair some dudes don't sympathize with overly ready to bone and murder kinds of protagonists too
Old 2015-03-30, 11:42   Link #5256
ImperialFlameGod8190

^True IS's biggest problem aint ichika being a full retard its the fact that we are 8 volumes in and there is zero story at all. Ichika being a retard doesnt help proceedings but its still got zero story

Old 2015-03-30, 12:02   Link #5257
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
To be fair some dudes don't sympathize with overly ready to bone and murder kinds of protagonists too
I personally don't mind dense MCs myself as long as he is interesting enough to read.
Sadly, Ichika is just so bland I can replace him with a freaking cardboard figures with roughly the same pilot ability and it would stilll be a better MC than him.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 12:26   Link #5258
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Boost View Post

I guess somebody doesn't know the laws of anime... Blood related... yeah, they can't get married...
Then I guess those successful siblings pairings in other animes aren't possible then
Don't worry comrades: it's 'all for the bloodline'.

I believe I've spotted Chifuyu reading a book by the "Master the Eugenicist Way" by Hiashi. There is still hope.
Old 2015-03-30, 12:40   Link #5259
XFire
150% done

Huh, that got more responses than I thought.

Anyway, little clarification here, and this is gonna piss some people off: Issei and Shido are not alpha.

- Issei has had girls literally strip off their clothes and throw themselves at him and hasn't done jack. He's barely reached the point of kissing them of his own free will (not even sure he's done that)

- Shidou doesn't count because he is coerced into it, basically none of it comes fully from him, and he doesn't act that way after the conquest. Unless something changed in the last five volumes, I quit after Origami's existence made me puke up my insides.

Anyway, IS has a fairly interesting premise and the world building was done well. We've got a conspiracy, a secret organization, a chaotic element in Tabane, and Ichika at the middle of it.

Problem is that it's all static. We reached the set up point, but either the author has no idea where to go from here or this is the biggest troll tease in history, because after setting this up he just kind of froze the story and threw filler at us. Don't get me wrong, I like all the girls (even Rin) and the fights are great. But we've seen the girls act the same way for so long they've become the poster children of their respective character types.

We need some development, dammit.
Old 2015-03-30, 13:20   Link #5260
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Huh, that got more responses than I thought.

Anyway, little clarification here, and this is gonna piss some people off: Issei and Shido are not alpha.

- Issei has had girls literally strip off their clothes and throw themselves at him and hasn't done jack. He's barely reached the point of kissing them of his own free will (not even sure he's done that)

- Shidou doesn't count because he is coerced into it, basically none of it comes fully from him, and he doesn't act that way after the conquest. Unless something changed in the last five volumes, I quit after Origami's existence made me puke up my insides.

Anyway, IS has a fairly interesting premise and the world building was done well. We've got a conspiracy, a secret organization, a chaotic element in Tabane, and Ichika at the middle of it.

Problem is that it's all static. We reached the set up point, but either the author has no idea where to go from here or this is the biggest troll tease in history, because after setting this up he just kind of froze the story and threw filler at us. Don't get me wrong, I like all the girls (even Rin) and the fights are great. But we've seen the girls act the same way for so long they've become the poster children of their respective character types.

We need some development, dammit.
X plus people love to prove me wrong when i screw up because i blast everybody else. But i agree with issei and shidou so im curious of the people we've discussed who do u think is alpha among basara Arata kazuki and akatsuki

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen