AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 14:14   Link #2961
Raifuru

How is this game in terms of SLI scaling. I was thinking of getting a second GTX 570, but if SLI-ing is a no go for this game, then I might as well just save up for a GTX 680....and other parts....
Raifuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 16:15   Link #2962
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Is there any cool armor with a coat like part in it ? Or something similar to archer's cloths in Fate/Stay Night ?

Or at least a coat that can go over armors ?
Old 2012-08-08, 16:17   Link #2963
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Is there any cool armor with a coat like part in it ? Or something similar to archer's cloths in Fate/Stay Night ?

Or at least a coat that can go over armors ?
the vamp gear for males looks a little like that.
Old 2012-08-08, 17:20   Link #2964
DuoRanger
Banned

well, The combination of omegared's Ranger Armor and Inquisitor Hat makes you look like a Witch Hunter from Warhammer Fantasy
http://i.imgur.com/dfo1X.jpg

Last edited by DuoRanger; 2012-08-08 at 17:36.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 17:39   Link #2965
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
@DuoRanger: Heh, someone needs to light a torch, all I can see is snow and darkness.

@RRW: describe the symptoms, your hardware, and maybe we can spot something you haven't tried?
cannot exist house/inn. it seem it mod problem since it work properlly when i play vanilla

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 17:49   Link #2966
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Since I started my characters fresh.. the first thing I'm noticing is that the landscape is crawling with vampires at night... like bloody cockroaches.

My lvl 11 mage is currently managing a case of vampirism (plus and minus benefits to it). Lolita vampires for the win I guess...

Just relax, look at my eyes, and I'll show you something special... <snik>
I wiggled and fluttered my lashes... and Lydia opened him up like a pinata. That's how we got in.
Ph33r the small and darkly cute ones...

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-08-08 at 18:48.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:04   Link #2967
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I ran into two large groups of vampires, As they kept giving me trouble with their constant chickening, I showed they true fear of the moon. A WEREWOLF!
Old 2012-08-08, 22:27   Link #2968
sa547
*Author

Geez, since I started siding with the DG, I'm sort of a trouble magnet for vampires. ) And disposed of them accordingly.

Oh, I have a thought for Volkihar: SEND MORE!

Last edited by sa547; 2012-08-09 at 04:09.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:44   Link #2969
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The vampires seem to spawn even on normal games, as I found out with my level 50 Nord spellblade. It can be fairly annoying, as they can kill quest NPCs unintentionally in their attacks.
Old 2012-08-09, 00:08   Link #2970
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Since I started my characters fresh.. the first thing I'm noticing is that the landscape is crawling with vampires at night... like bloody cockroaches.

My lvl 11 mage is currently managing a case of vampirism (plus and minus benefits to it). Lolita vampires for the win I guess...

Just relax, look at my eyes, and I'll show you something special... <snik>
I wiggled and fluttered my lashes... and Lydia opened him up like a pinata. That's how we got in.
Ph33r the small and darkly cute ones...
Try that on my Warrior guy haha, he'd shrug and make sure those pretty eyes never flutter again. XD
Old 2012-08-09, 01:34   Link #2971
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Try that on my Warrior guy haha, he'd shrug and make sure those pretty eyes never flutter again. XD
He doesn't get many dates, eh? <rofl> He'd probably get along better with my warrior anyway - her subtlety knob is welded at 'zero'.
Besides, thats why your warrior isn't a lowly jail guard, he's smarter

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-08-09 at 02:09.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 02:45   Link #2972
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The vampires seem to spawn even on normal games, as I found out with my level 50 Nord spellblade. It can be fairly annoying, as they can kill quest NPCs unintentionally in their attacks.
Have you encountered the traveling vampire NPC yet? That specific NPC continues to respawn. He's like the radiant quests, only more annoying since his level scales pretty high. It's not bad if you're on PC since you can always revive dead NPCs, but I feel for the console players. I haven't seen groups of vampire attack after finishing Dawnguard, but this one NPC refuses to go away.

Having finished Dawnguard, I can say that it was well worth the money. A bit more expensive than I would've liked, but that's because I have to pay off loans. The variety of new items and spells was easily the best part for me. Crossbows, exploding ammo, nifty Restoration spells and unique weapons (especially the unique weapons; shields that release explosions and a warhammer that places runes upon bashing? Yes pls) allowed me to change my playstyle on the fly and keep me entertained.

The NPCs were one dimensional, but that's to be expected. Only Serana was unique, but she was too buggy for me to fully enjoy her as a follower.

Another strong point was the new locations. There were a good number of new areas to explore, but there are 3 extremely large locations that actually require a good amount of exploring instead of your usual dungeon where you go in a rather set path to the end and find a shortcut to the entrance. Good for those of us who like to roam about, although I did get sick of the Soul Cairn after a while.

Enemies were nothing to write home about. I like what they did with the Falmer, since it gives them more variety, as well as a the Chaurus. The new dragon tiers were a bit of a letdown. I suppose it's because I played an archer/warrior and the shouts used by the dragons are more crippling against mages. That and I had Dragonrend. The only time they gave me trouble was when I got double teamed and Serana was half a map away due to her glitch.

All in all, I would definitely play Dawnguard again, but this time as a mage and on the Volkihar side, and before completing the original main quest. I got a brief taste of being a vampire, and it was enough to make me curious, since I don't like playing as vampires or werewolves normally.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 09:42   Link #2973
DuoRanger
Banned

http://i.imgur.com/Emkw8.jpg

Dovahkiin: Skyrim Ranger
Old 2012-08-09, 16:59   Link #2974
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Some really amazing characters pretty jealous.
I still haven't purchased the dlc, haven't had enough free time may do it in late September. Is everyone enjoying it?
Old 2012-08-09, 17:15   Link #2975
DuoRanger
Banned

my head is itching for a Dogmeat companion using those Dawnguard Huskies
Old 2012-08-10, 15:30   Link #2976
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

finally got it fix. at expense of missing half of the mods

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 16:30   Link #2977
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, you might try adding them back in one at a time -- usually the problem is actually just one or two mods.

In my case, it was just one mod ... the one that distributed the active mod hair packs to all the NPCs. Apparently not updated to reflect Dawnguard changes.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:51   Link #2978
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Some really amazing characters pretty jealous.
I still haven't purchased the dlc, haven't had enough free time may do it in late September. Is everyone enjoying it?
I feel like I wrote everything for nothing.
Old 2012-08-10, 20:29   Link #2979
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I feel like I wrote everything for nothing.
well, *I* read it

I'd kind of like to see everyone's characters and which storylines they went down.

Currently, my mage is trying to decide whether to cure her vampire status (non-lord) or manage it. She's got a sharp knife for up close and magic for ranged mayhem. She did the Morthal devamping and is now heading to the mage college.

My assassin helped out the Grey-manes and the Battleborn old lady put a contract on her with cheap thugs. In response, my assassin slaughtered the entire Battleborn family (non-essentials). She's deciding whether to head for the Dawnguard or first hook up with the Dark Brotherhood.

My warrior got comfortable in Whiterun but has now gone to join the Legion and got her first assignment.

Mod-wise, I'm currently looking for some decent (not hooker) leather pants or skirt to go with some upper body gear I like.
Old 2012-08-10, 21:55   Link #2980
Who

Quote:
well, *I* read it

I'd kind of like to see everyone's characters and which storylines they went down.

Currently, my mage is trying to decide whether to cure her vampire status (non-lord) or manage it. She's got a sharp knife for up close and magic for ranged mayhem. She did the Morthal devamping and is now heading to the mage college.

My assassin helped out the Grey-manes and the Battleborn old lady put a contract on her with cheap thugs. In response, my assassin slaughtered the entire Battleborn family (non-essentials). She's deciding whether to head for the Dawnguard or first hook up with the Dark Brotherhood.

My warrior got comfortable in Whiterun but has now gone to join the Legion and got her first assignment.

Mod-wise, I'm currently looking for some decent (not hooker) leather pants or skirt to go with some upper body gear I like.
Aw, thank you.

I'm guessing you're very selective with the storylines your characters follow? Like your mage going only to the mage's college and no other guild?

My first character (a lengthy but cliched story, since I did a lot and it's my most complete profile), without the Dawnguard storyline, since I'll wait until most people are done with it before posting spoilers:
Spoiler for saving space:

My second character is a Breton paladin (I picked mainly because of the 25% passive spell resist because I'm a stat-whore for the most part). He's the leader of the Companions (purged of his beast blood) and would have joined the Mage's College, but upon meeting that one NPC who insisted that the other mages talk behind her back about Restoration, decided against it, as he agreed with her but didn't want to put up with such petty discrimination. And now he's off to join the Dawnguard, ready to bash some vampire faces in.

And in regards to a leather pants mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5135

or

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5027

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim