AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-28, 12:48   Link #41
zeross87

i do hope this will start to move on from the recruit of the week episode. i also thought the animation quality was a little down this week.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 13:01   Link #42
Frontier

3 years and good living/food has done wonders for Charlotte's! Not only is she now tall and massively-stacked in the chest department, but she's also an effective and powerful mage now and leading her own mage corps.! Though she's still as cocky and confident as ever, probably moreso .

And her chest makes quite the headrest while traveling by horseback...although now she and Rietz get into squabbles about who is more loyal to Ars .

Ars' domain could use two prodigious hunters! But what he needs more of is the underlooked brother...the one with such high capability in ingenuity, he could be a vital asset if they just cultivate him! And Rosell is a pretty cute, if awkward and withdrawn, kid .

I see the best way to get into Charlotte's good graces is to compliment her .

Give a boy some books, and he'll devour them and their information! All spurred by his deceased mother reading to him when he was three to the point where he gained a photographic memory and the ability to self-teach himself to read! That is pretty impressive .

And he even manages to apply those smarts to helping his dad hunt Uwu's! Even fixes something up to keep the Uwu's safe! Now imagine that getting turned up to 11 in protecting and bolstering Ars' forces .

But this isn't a story about that moreso it's a story about a family where a child believes his family has blamed him for the mothers' death and resented him, while a father is ashamed of himself for failing to see his sons' true potential when all he really wants is the best for all three of his sons. I'm glad they were able to get a truly sincere and heartwarming sendoff in the end !

Next week: A storm arrives! Or should we say...HanaKana ?
Old 2024-04-28, 14:26   Link #43
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I have nothing to add, except that HanaKana's airy voice is really unique.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 16:29   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I enjoy some of the comedy involving skills. Like how the infant boy has a super high ambition rating which I mean sure . Can also get a good feel for their potential. The younger brother has some good combat talents while the sister seems more keen to the tactical side of things.

The thing of course for Ars is finding those hidden gems. Anyone that obviously stands out is of course nice to have, but it's critical to find those that wouldn't achieve anything otherwise

The internal rivalry for Ars' attention is a small concern, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Ars living it up in his own way on that horse ride!

My only concern coming out of this episode is the future cost. I know the brothers have the talent for it, but is it a good think to lose out on two young hunters to gain two more solid soldiers? I suppose there is the future threat coming and survival will be paramount. And of course the two seem keen on it so I suppose it's fine. But I still wonder if they should be more careful about pulling all the available talent in for war purposes and neglecting everything else.

With Rosell it is a bit simpler. His talents are with his mind. And there's only so much he can grow at home with one single book to read. Any place where he can gain knowledge is good for his future. And as shown by the end of the episode he can always direct his talents to his home village.
Old 2024-04-28, 16:59   Link #45
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Or good eating and living really does a wonder to a girls' body .
lol yea, they must be force feeding her the milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
He grows to up to what he looks like at the very beginning of episode 1, and shown in the OP. He'll be 9 years old by then I think.
Thank God. I don't like the way they draw young kids, the proportions seem weird to me. Like their head is too big or something. Same with that shota mage reincarnation show this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The thing that bugs me is that this could have been wrapped up with a single line of Charlotte asking Ars to find a place for the kids and the story will never have to touch on those kids ever again, instead of the somewhat awkward and questionable way it was handled here. A minor matter in the long run but it does raise an eyebrow.
This is where trolling Narou for stories to make into anime comes into its issues, heh. A lot of these are written by people with no proper authorship education. A lot of self pubs are decent, but many times too you can see where the lack of proper experience shows itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Fuck the orphan kids I guess, as long as the MC gets his OP mage.
Yea, once the titty mage is acquired you aren't supposed to think about the kids anymore lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The Bakuretsu(EXPLOSION) is the firework can seen by everyone in the horizon. If the bad guys try to mess with the kids, they will think twice. Unless, they don't care what happened to them.
Problem with that is it's not like she threw out the fireball from downtown. They were out near the woods, so as far as the townfolk know it's just a random "wtf?" moment. They wouldn't know that Charlotte was the source, plus it's not like every street tough will know that those particular orphans are under the aegis of Charlotte.

You're just not supposed to think too deeply about it I guess
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-28, 22:32   Link #46
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

Thank God. I don't like the way they draw young kids, the proportions seem weird to me. Like their head is too big or something. Same with that shota mage reincarnation show this season.
I am not sure what direction this discussion will lead. The artists are trained to sketch infants this way. Maybe their style are not as apparent as this one. They draw Vitruvian Man for anatomy of grown up people. For drawing infants, they use measurement based on medical study. As in "At birth the head is one-fourth the total body length, whereas in the adult it is one-seventh (Fig. 5). "(citation: An Overview of Anatomical Considerations of Infants and Children in the Adult World of Automobile Safety Design). Otherwise, you probably want to talk about macrocephaly, canavan disease, or hydrocephalus.

Quote:
Yea, once the titty mage is acquired you aren't supposed to think about the kids anymore lol
It's another genric joke from male oriented anime. Not all kids are Crayon Shin-chan. Before hormone kicks in, pressed by oppai would be rather annoying than stimulating to males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
My only concern coming out of this episode is the future cost. I know the brothers have the talent for it, but is it a good think to lose out on two young hunters to gain two more solid soldiers? I suppose there is the future threat coming and survival will be paramount. And of course the two seem keen on it so I suppose it's fine. But I still wonder if they should be more careful about pulling all the available talent in for war purposes and neglecting everything else.
Before the brothers get stable income, they are self-employed. It is unknown if continue hunting will benefit the productivity of the town's economy.

Last edited by scififan; 2024-04-28 at 22:43.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 00:37   Link #47
magnuskn

Also, the new hunting method via traps seems to work out very well, so I don't know if the dad will even get worse results with his sons being taken care of.
Old 2024-04-29, 01:07   Link #48
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I am not sure what direction this discussion will lead. The artists are trained to sketch infants this way. Maybe their style are not as apparent as this one. They draw Vitruvian Man for anatomy of grown up people. For drawing infants, they use measurement based on medical study. As in "At birth the head is one-fourth the total body length, whereas in the adult it is one-seventh (Fig. 5). "(citation: An Overview of Anatomical Considerations of Infants and Children in the Adult World of Automobile Safety Design). Otherwise, you probably want to talk about macrocephaly, canavan disease, or hydrocephalus.
That's getting awful deep; I'm just saying the kid looks weird, that's all there is to it
Old 2024-04-29, 08:13   Link #49
larethian

Charlotte's growth is......... astounding.........
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 10:53   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Also, the new hunting method via traps seems to work out very well, so I don't know if the dad will even get worse results with his sons being taken care of.
Yeah, but it's not like he's getting any younger. And with his wife dead he's having any more kids. Even if he can make good use of the traps for now he won't always be able to. Still plenty of work if he also has to butcher and transport the meat himself.

I just think it's a bit questionable to take all three of his kids to bolster the military. Be an interesting direction for the story to have Ars so obsessed with being on top of the military conflicts ahead that he cripples the economy and food production as a result. But I'm sure problems like that will be like the Orphans...hand waved away .
Old 2024-04-29, 11:23   Link #51
Tenzen12

I don't think it will be problem. There is only so much talents and even if he takes 5 E rank farmers ( for A rank soldiers) then single A rank farmers could probably make it even).

Plus he has now talented minister in training who would stop him in time.
Old 2024-05-04, 20:57   Link #52
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's one of those isekai that would be much better if they forgot about the reincarnation aspect entirely.
Yea I'm going to agree. This definitely one of those Isekai that really didn't need to be an Isekai. I still like the concept . It's like reincarnated as a slime without the op absorbent power. The MC building a team of individuals with unique and valuable skills to prepare for the future problems to come sounds neat. I think the kid could've just been a genius at a young age and blessed with this secret ability.
Old 2024-05-05, 12:25   Link #53
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I quite like Licia so far and you don't often get a Hanakana "ohohoho"
Old 2024-05-05, 12:43   Link #54
Frontier

Oh no, Lord Raven is sick! Even more concerning is that it's happening right when political struggles in Missian and invades into their territory are making the situation super unstable! Not to mention...Ars might be getting married !?

I have to say, Charlotte's Charloette's make a convincing argument for her as a marriage partner .

Though Ars' betrothed is none other than...Licia, voiced by the legendary Kana Hanazawa! She's not just a pretty face with a wining smile, but a girl with incredible diplomacy skills and ambition! Enough that she could turn out to be a Villainess if Ars isn't careful around her. Though she makes a great first impression with her charm and defending Rietz in front of her butler .

And she really does have amazing negotiation skills, winning over Charlotte, diffusing an argument that gets more business for her own domain while giving Ars the credit for it...all the while being an absolute cutie who just wants to know what Ars likes in a girl .

Licia kind of jumping ahead by getting into bed with Ars this early into the game...but she just wants to understand why he's so wary of her and so they can better understand each other. Because yes, she is ambitious, but her ambition is to make the guy she loves fall in love with her at first sight. And that guy is Ars !

Licia had lived a life of a noble, a life of duplicity, judgement, and lying to save your skin, and she never intended to marry Ars, until she realized he wasn't fooled by her act and compared to other nobles is sincerely kind and genuine, to the point where everyone in his domain loves him. And that's why she fell in love with him herself, to the point of even confessing to him! And now she wants to become his wife and take out all his enemies! That's how you know she's a keeper !

Everything is going great! Ars and Licia are pen pals, Ars is coming around to being with Licia, Raven is improving...I'm sure nothing bad is going to happen next !
Old 2024-05-05, 19:40   Link #55
scififan

The finance's diplomacy skill match quite well with the protagonist's human resource skill. She knows how to deal with conflicts, and he knows who are the best for the jobs. It is a political win-win betroth. They both start at lower level, but they have promise to level up. Their perception of each other from untrusting to tursting. The mood feels good, even they know the upcoming war may turn lords against each other.

After watching gameplay of Manor Lord, I thought this anime is a bit childish. In the game, the player can understand why the lord of his territory becomes a sweatshop owner. The player has to ensure his "peasants" doing more work to gather minerals and agriculture products. Besides the bandit raids, the player has to build the war machine for anticipated invasion. It is just a thought.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-06, 00:32   Link #56
magnuskn

The general idea of this anime, of "the player", i.e. the our protagonist, amassing a group of skilled retainers for the clear challenges he sees ahead, is a good idea.

However, I also noticed how the walls in his city have poor, patchy plaster on them. The people don't seem to be struggling and seem happy, but clearly improvements could be done to have their lives be more wealthy, i.e. produce more to then have more ressources for the conflicts to come. The anime doesn't deal with that aspect at all.

It's not a bad show, but uses an idealized idea of how to solve the coming conflicts.

On another note, I think all the assisting side characters have now been gathered? So the second half of the show will probably deal with introducing conflict and actual antagonists.
Old 2024-05-06, 02:24   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

I thought he was going to grab a pair of boots for her, but it was ointment for after the fact.

His suspicions about her were logical considering the literal numbers he had. She's either a master manipulator or more likely genuine in what she told him, considering her reaction after stepping out of his room.
Old 2024-05-06, 17:08   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
The general idea of this anime, of "the player", i.e. the our protagonist, amassing a group of skilled retainers for the clear challenges he sees ahead, is a good idea.

However, I also noticed how the walls in his city have poor, patchy plaster on them. The people don't seem to be struggling and seem happy, but clearly improvements could be done to have their lives be more wealthy, i.e. produce more to then have more ressources for the conflicts to come. The anime doesn't deal with that aspect at all.

It's not a bad show, but uses an idealized idea of how to solve the coming conflicts.

On another note, I think all the assisting side characters have now been gathered? So the second half of the show will probably deal with introducing conflict and actual antagonists.
Well, he did say they were a pretty average province .

I think there's still the leotard lady and the ponytail guy (?) but we've probably got the core retainers now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I thought he was going to grab a pair of boots for her, but it was ointment for after the fact.

His suspicions about her were logical considering the literal numbers he had. She's either a master manipulator or more likely genuine in what she told him, considering her reaction after stepping out of his room.
I think she is a master manipulator but fell in love with him as the one person who saw through her and was 100% genuine, so now she's using that manipulation to his benefit.
Old 2024-05-06, 23:55   Link #59
Strahan

Quote:
...yet. If the city was perfect from the get-go, the writer wouldn't be able to showcase how the kid makes everyone's lives better heh.
Old 2024-05-07, 00:49   Link #60
magnuskn

Quote:
...yet. If the city was perfect from the get-go, the writer wouldn't be able to showcase how the kid makes everyone's lives better heh.
Sure. That's not where the anime has gone so far, though. You'd think, with him being a reincarnator, he'd apply some of that modern era knowledge to at least introducing minor technological innovations, but there's so far 0% of that been going on. It's all been "I gotta find the next genius in some area of expertise!", who he made loyal to himself.