AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 12:54   Link #7901
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Who knows, may be Elfman could pull an upset
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 20:45   Link #7902
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't see Elfman losing it without dying and that won't happen. There is no way he would let Bacchus to have his sisters even if all his bones are broken.
And now I know how I'm expecting this to end... Elfman breaking every bone in his body to pull off a win (or atleast a tie). Afterall, we need an excuse to get Wendy in on this competition, to be switched in as an alternate
Old 2012-03-31, 21:23   Link #7903
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Afterall, we need an excuse to get Wendy in on this competition, to be switched in as an alternate
I totally forgot about Wendy...

I wonder if they'd allow mid-way substitutions :3 Seeing how it'd be completely unfair ... but damn what you said really made sense i kinda feel like 'Why didn't i think of that!'
Old 2012-03-31, 21:51   Link #7904
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I totally forgot about Wendy...

I wonder if they'd allow mid-way substitutions :3 Seeing how it'd be completely unfair ... but damn what you said really made sense i kinda feel like 'Why didn't i think of that!'
They do between days apparently. That's why Bacchus is in there.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 22:43   Link #7905
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
They do between days apparently. That's why Bacchus is in there.
Kay i just self pawned myself ... went back to read the chapters ... Thanks btw
Old 2012-04-01, 08:35   Link #7906
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Elfman winning would be unlikely, but I personally would not mind if he managed to pull off a shock upset here. Or to prevent Fairy Tail losing any further, something might happen midway during the battle that interrupts it.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 23:39   Link #7907
Lunarskylar

i don't see the problem with the gajeel thing honestly, i think it sets up alot of potential points for mashima to go with, so it's probably neccesary foreshadowing

natsu is probably something special amongst dragon slayers (maybe even a dragon himself) since zeref said only natsu could kill him (making maybe zeref a dragon/slayer too)
so if there's such a thing as like full dragon power, then maybe natsu's special gift was he was born with it full from birth, while others had to work up to it

i don't think this dragon power thing relates to your power level, but it may be neccessary to unlock different dragon modes, which im sure both sting and rogue have since they're 3rd generation
Old 2012-04-06, 14:19   Link #7908
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
Spoiler for 278:
v1nx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:36   Link #7909
ellifeedn
Thinker

Elfman is awesome.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:43   Link #7910
ShiroiRyu

Badass elfman !
Badass !
Badass !
Old 2012-04-06, 14:45   Link #7911
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 279:

Lots of movie promo.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 15:25   Link #7912
haegar
mangaviking

and the winner is ...Quatro Puppy
Old 2012-04-06, 15:59   Link #7913
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

i just love the idea of lizard skin i didnt even think of that !
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 16:21   Link #7914
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I really love Elfman's fight. I was think it would be atleast a draw, wasn't expecting him to win. Smart play on his part and epic guts!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 17:04   Link #7915
sergel02

Loved that fight. It made me really wonder who might win, since hoenstly i thought it could be either of them.

And since Lucy is my ultimate bias, I was spazzing like crazy in the last few pages. Maybe this means we'll get to see some of her powers grow more. It's nice that she might end up being the center of this arc.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 17:23   Link #7916
Excorsism

Loved that color page of Lucy and co. but with this next arc seemingly about Lucy, I'm a bit worried.
Old 2012-04-06, 17:30   Link #7917
kitten320

Ho? The fight actually turned out better than I expected. I planned to complain a bit if Elfman were to win but he used strategy and brains here. Against bare handed mage, skin of spikes is perfect and it doesn't make his win a bias. Despite winning the match he still is weaker in comparison to Erza and Bacchaus. It is one of those moments where brains do the trick.

So no complaints on my side

I actually like the fact that Lucy has become the center of attention considering how it always was someone strong while Lucy is pretty weak. I'm looking forward to see what this whole thing is about :P
Old 2012-04-06, 17:49   Link #7918
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Elfman's fight was interesting. I was hoping for something a bit more, but the win was logical and we saw other full body transformations. I was kinda hoping to see like, legs of a tiger and body of a lizard at the same time, or something. That would be interesting. But I'm mostly satisfied.

So the guys behind the tournament are really after Lucy, not Wendy, and are using RT in their plans.

But this has got me really interested; why would they be after Lucy? She no longer has her family fortune. And they didn't seem so interested in her keys as in her. The only thing I can think of, is that she was the first Celestial Mage to be taken to the Spirit World. The title for the next chapter might be a hint to the gate to the spirit world, or perhaps they want to use her to open a gate (and opening gates is what celestial mages do). With most of the golden keys, she might very well be the strongest celestial mage around, and they need a really strong one to open the gate. However, I doubt she'd open it on her own, so they must be planning some sort of leverage.

Anyway, can't wait til next week. This tournament is getting more and more interesting.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 18:34   Link #7919
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
But this has got me really interested; why would they be after Lucy? She no longer has her family fortune. And they didn't seem so interested in her keys as in her. The only thing I can think of, is that she was the first Celestial Mage to be taken to the Spirit World. The title for the next chapter might be a hint to the gate to the spirit world, or perhaps they want to use her to open a gate (and opening gates is what celestial mages do). With most of the golden keys, she might very well be the strongest celestial mage around, and they need a really strong one to open the gate. However, I doubt she'd open it on her own, so they must be planning some sort of leverage.
Think it's been rather obvious for some time that Lucy would play a rather big part in the bigger picture.
First is Lucy's mother, with her death on the same year the dragons disappeared that screams big plot point.
Then with Lucy revelaing her mother had told her something of the one magic or whatever it was, spells even more probable doom and gloom for Lucy.
You could possibly chalk up the other stuff like how she's in with the big crowd of CS, I mean she's in the Celestial King's good books, thats def gotta count for something.
Was always on the table that Lucy would play a big part in the story somewhere, just didn't think it would be till now it's been a rather long wait....albeit nothing compared to One Piece

Well I was entertained with the chapter, Elfman's fight was pretty cool, did indeed like the Lizardman transformation, very cool.
Looks like he really has garnering alot of interest from Evergreen

Like the colour spread but that tends to go withoutsaying with FT now.
Expect I was caught out with the movie promo stuff, at first I thought it was Zeref in some new threads then thought "a female Zeref?" then it clicked it wasn't him lol.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:41   Link #7920
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler for ch 278:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen