AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 15:26   Link #561
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
As far as Kimi no Iru Machi goes, it really appeals me, but there are only 2 ovas out, so i guess i'll wait for a consistent amount of episodes to come out (Enlighten me, in case those 2 ovas were 1h long and told a good % of the story)
As I said, it's based on a manga, so you can check it while you are waiting for the anime. Also, the manga is fully scanlated even though it's ongoing (like 180 chapters or something).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 15:40   Link #562
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I still say you should read the manga for GTO it has so much to offer highly recommend it.if you saw my previous post I said which chapter season 2 ended for the world god only knows.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:47   Link #563
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Already checked them, but as stated before, they don't seem to have the slightest hint of romance, and didn't really appeal me much. If they really have to have no romance at all, then they must be extremely good: Death Note was the only exception so far.

What i liked really much was how such acts were portrayed in a cool way: i mean, killing with a death note was made hell awesome and the epic music playing in the background was perfectly fitting with it: it made "writing with a pen" a cool thing, haha; i really love when "evil" is showed in a cool way, and not made too much serious and dramatic; i hope you get what i mean.

I realized a thing: i like when serious thematics are treated in a cool or humorous way: examples of this are Death Note (Making "killing with a pen while epic music plays in the background" cool) or WTNHK (Where depression and loneliness was portrayed in such humorous and comedic way, yet dealing with serious themes). It's probably because i have no problem talking about these themes without being bothered, and barely manage to find titles that deal with such themes while using this kind of approach.

Anyways, started reading Karin's manga, and i have to say it's very different from the anime; first of all, Usui doesn't look like some handicapped dude, Karin's eyes are bearable and not so ugly like in the anime, and for the first time i can hear Usui's thoughts: Obelisk, if you happen to watch the first 2 episodes, you'll get what i mean.

Since i've already started Karin, i'll go for TGWOK tomorrow or the day after.

EDIT
I had skipped Misaofan's post: i didn't read carefully and thought it was only an anime: TWGOK will wait; when i finish Karin i'll go for Kimi no Iru Machi
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 15:53   Link #564
Elegance

I'd like to reintroduce Spice & Wolf. Despite your hatred in the animal ears, i still think it will be very enjoyable
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 15:58   Link #565
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
I'd like to reintroduce Spice & Wolf. Despite your hatred in the animal ears, i still think it will be very enjoyable
Well but Classified didn't want to watch any anime with animal girls since his great trauma with cats. The only exceptions are the animes were the animal girls turn into animal for like 2 or 3 times. Examples : Omamori Himari, Kanokon
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-27, 16:00   Link #566
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
Already checked them, but as stated before, they don't seem to have the slightest hint of romance, and didn't really appeal me much. If they really have to have no romance at all, then they must be extremely good: Death Note was the only exception so far.

What i liked really much was how such acts were portrayed in a cool way: i mean, killing with a death note was made hell awesome and the epic music playing in the background was perfectly fitting with it: it made "writing with a pen" a cool thing, haha; i really love when "evil" is showed in a cool way, and not made too much serious and dramatic; i hope you get what i mean.

I realized a thing: i like when serious thematics are treated in a cool or humorous way: examples of this are Death Note (Making "killing with a pen while epic music plays in the background" cool) or WTNHK (Where depression and loneliness was portrayed in such humorous and comedic way, yet dealing with serious themes). It's probably because i have no problem talking about these themes without being bothered, and barely manage to find titles that deal with such themes while using this kind of approach.

Anyways, started reading Karin's manga, and i have to say it's very different from the anime; first of all, Usui doesn't look like some handicapped dude, Karin's eyes are bearable and not so ugly like in the anime, and for the first time i can hear Usui's thoughts: Obelisk, if you happen to watch the first 2 episodes, you'll get what i mean.

Since i've already started Karin, i'll go for TGWOK tomorrow or the day after.

EDIT
I had skipped Misaofan's post: i didn't read carefully and thought it was only an anime: TWGOK will wait; when i finish Karin i'll go for Kimi no Iru Machi
just looking at the synopsis and front cover ain't going to help much you have to actually read them and find out if it's good or not or if you have read them a little try to go up to at least 8 or 10 chapters.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:03   Link #567
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It seems like Earl and Fairy is not on your list. I recommend it for 2 reasons:

1) The hero. This dude has balls the size of a universe. On top of that, he is cunning, crafty, confident, handsome and very intelligent. Your self-esteem will rise to the level of God if you are like him.
2)Not your typical harem anime. Has some supernatural elements.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 16:04   Link #568
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
It seems like Earl and Fairy is not on your list. I recommend it for 2 reasons:

1) The hero. This dude has balls the size of a universe. On top of that, he is cunning, crafty, confident, handsome and very intelligent. Your self-esteem will rise to the level of God if you are like him.
2)Not your typical harem anime. Has some supernatural elements.
Despite this, Classified said in the first post that he cannot enjoy animes that are either have female protagonist or are targeted to female audience, but I guess he'll give it a try.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-27, 16:06   Link #569
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Despite this, Classified said in the first post that he cannot enjoy animes that are either have female protagonist or are targeted to female audience, but I guess he'll give it a try.
Female protagonist yes, but I don't think Earl and Fairy targets female audience alone. There is some serious stuff that even guys would appreciate.

It's only 12 episodes anyway. When you have run out of animes, give this a try.

And the hero is not a side character. His character is central to the story.

Old 2012-04-27, 16:08   Link #570
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Female protagonist yes, but I don't think Earl and Fairy targets female audience alone. There is some serious stuff that even guys would appreciate.

It's only 12 episodes anyway. When you have run out of animes, give this a try.
Yep, that's good.
As far HanTsuki is concerned, it looks very similar to AnoHana. I guess that he gives it a try, too.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-27, 16:10   Link #571
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Yep, that's good.
As far HanTsuki is concerned, it looks very similar to AnoHana. I guess that he gives it a try, too.
Will he like a sickly hero?

Old 2012-04-27, 16:12   Link #572
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Would he like a sickly hero?
As Classified said, he didn't like watching stories where the psychological stuffs are portrayed in a bad way, but he's be fine if they are portrayed in a cool way (Death Note, Welcome to the NHK!...).
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-27, 16:33   Link #573
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished reading 4th chapter of Karin and got bored because i already know the characters etc; i decided to pick up WTNHK again and fully enjoyed the first episode, but already knowing the story, how it goes, how it ends, and how sick long it is, i won't even bother watching again the remaining 23 episodes.

I'm extremely bored, i need something seriously interesting and new: i'll pick up Kimi no Iru Machi

PS: i won't pick up again titles i already know for a good period of time; lately i've become easily bored with anything and feel the need of something extremely interesting. Probably i would only be able to stand Steins;Gate again, but i've already watched it twice and i feel like i'm wasting my time watching it over and over again, even tho it's never boring(for me).
Old 2012-04-27, 16:41   Link #574
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I keep telling you to try the titles I suggested what do you got to lose?go read Btooom and enjoy the light yagami Protagonist .I read the whole thing and there are romantic hints that are very noticeable.
Old 2012-04-27, 19:29   Link #575
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

As mentioned before, i'm not a fan of animes involving your virtual self, be it in a game or a computer system(such as the one of Matrix), where everything is fake and where you are playing in the shoes of your virtual self. Just the idea that everything is fake already deletes any interest i could have in it, let alone an eventual love relationship... in a game... and with a virtual girl? I can barely accept that humans are sentient beings and act on their own, and that's the only reason why i could eventually fall for a girl, but if it's a fake, a robot, a virtual image... it just becomes an object to my eyes, a bunch of datas or gears.

Anyways, i'm already into Kimi no iru machi (finished chapter 16), and it looks like i have a long way to go. I'm enjoying it, even tho the scans are hurting my eyes; i just don't know what hell of story awaits me, to be 180+ chapters long, and i don't want any spoilers. Looks like i'll be busy with this title the whole week
Old 2012-04-27, 19:46   Link #576
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Quote:
As mentioned before, i'm not a fan of animes involving your virtual self, be it in a game or a computer system(such as the one of Matrix), where everything is fake and where you are playing in the shoes of your virtual self. Just the idea that everything is fake already deletes any interest i could have in it, let alone an eventual love relationship... in a game... and with a virtual girl? I can barely accept that humans are sentient beings and act on their own, and that's the only reason why i could eventually fall for a girl, but if it's a fake, a robot, a virtual image... it just becomes an object to my eyes, a bunch of datas or gears.

Anyways, i'm already into Kimi no iru machi (finished chapter 16), and it looks like i have a long way to go. I'm enjoying it, even tho the scans are hurting my eyes; i just don't know what hell of story awaits me, to be 180+ chapters long, and i don't want any spoilers. Looks like i'll be busy with this title the whole week
I don't know where you are getting your facts but you are not not even close it doesn't even take place in a virtual reality world and the love interest isn't virtual either.It's like I said before reading the synopsis and looking at the front cover ain't going to help you much remember you said that you thought onani master was going to be some funny parody of death note well it wasn't all just laughs.
Old 2012-04-27, 20:28   Link #577
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'm just waiting for you to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.

You said it was on your list- is it moving up the line at all?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 21:29   Link #578
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm a bit past the half-way point rewatching Ergo Proxy, and I'm going to toss that into the mix. Is it a romance? Well, at the moment I'd say it is, though I admit I don't remember how things turn out in the end.

Sakamichi no Apollon is the serious romance story of the current season, though we're only through episode three.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 12:15   Link #579
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Like stated before, for the moment i stopped watching animes because they easily bore me, in my current condition; i feel more like reading for the time being. This is of course unless the titles suggested are abnormally interesting and awesome, but i'm kinda conceited and tend to think that the best titles have already been suggested and tried out, and therefore anything coming later just can't fulfill my needs. The only chance would be a really fresh title (2012), that couldn't be suggested back in the 2011, if you get what i mean.

Don't worry, i'll get back to watching animes, just taking a break for the moment, and reading some manga.

Anyways, i just finished chapter 54 of Kimi no iru machi, and i'm enjoying it; the style and the plot surely reminds me of Suzuka, but i have to say that this manga could turn into a bloody success or an enormous disaster, depending on the girl that will end up with the protagonist; i personally prefer Yuzuki, and the short haired girl surely got on my balls (exactly like Suzuka did, back then haha).
Spoiler for spoiler much:

Anyways, just know that i'm enjoying it and do not spoil me anything about the ending: i've already taken the path to read it to full, and i'm already conscious that i may hate it in the end, but it's a fucking manga, and it was made to fucking entertain me, and it's currently doing its job.

EDIT
Finished chap59, and now i have a clue on how the remaining 130 chapters will be filled

EDIT2
finished chap93, and i've been hating Yuzuki for like 30 chapters, and i don't think i'll come to like her again. Actually, who i really like are Akari and Asuka

EDIT3
Finished chap128, and i was really happy the direction things had taken

It really is well done, but i fear that when i get to the last chapter, i will crave for some more like i did for Haruhi's novel, and that i cannot bear :/ Ok that the author is periodically releasing new chapters, but i hate waiting, because i have a shit memory and i fear if i forget some particular. Oh yes, you may think "What's the problem if you forget some minor stuff?", and it actually isn't such an issue, but i came to realize that that way i won't be able to enjoy the anime/manga 100%, and i'm an individual that always tries to get the 100% out of anything.

Anyways, thank you for suggesting me this title: it's really hooking me up now going to get some sleep

EDIT4
Finished chap151
Spoiler for opinions so far:

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-04-29 at 08:55.
Old 2012-04-29, 12:30   Link #580
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh well, finished reading the last released chapter (180th) of Kimi no iru machi and i wanted to inform you that i really liked it (oh well, it was kinda obvious that i liked it, since it hooked me up for 180 fucking chapters worth 2 days of reading). I was also happy that
Spoiler for much spoilers and opinions:

Btw, does the author of Suzuka and Kimi no iru machi have some kind of fetish when it comes to short haired girls? Just wondering...

Oh well, i would be pleased if you could suggest me something like this, since i'm the mood for romances (not stories with a side romance, but a mainly romance story, just like Kimi no iru machi). Thank you for suggesting me this title, it didn't bore me one single moment, and i was amazed how the author managed to introduce so many girls in the story. Together with Onani Master Kurosawa, and Mirai Nikki, this is the 3rd best title i've read (Probably i found it more appealing than MN, to be honest). The 1st winner remains OMK, since i loved the protagonist and how he got developed.

I'll wait for an answer, before starting a new title; oh, and be sure that it's actually finished(Sensen spike hills, and two other titles that Tolido suggested are still being published and therefore not finished; yes, they were enjoyable, but i'll most likely lose trace of them on the long run, and that's a pity). It was just a case that i finished reading Kimi no iru machi when there weren't any seriously interesting things coming afterwards.