Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 09:50   Link #2141
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I agree. Threesomes+ should just be left as fantasies and nothing more, you cannot leave that as just friends with benefits stuff for long.
I almost had one (threesome) but I didn't do it. Fantasies are good however. If one does not have interest, then things become dull and problems erupts.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 11:53   Link #2142
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah... still not my thing. :P I still subscribe to the old philosophy of real love only being able to be given to one person. As soon as you start splitting among people, someone is going to get left out.
I would not argue with anyone's taste or philosophy, but let me explain why this one is so exceptional. Nagi is different from the normal harem lead. He is neither oblivious, clumsy nor overly ecchi. He does not stumble into girls nor get punched over top of trees. He does not have a love he pines for but is afraid to confess to. His concern is always for his girls.
Spoiler for 119:

The one way in which Nagi is like your standard romcom lead is his concern for others who are not part of his harem. Whether it is Rinne or the stalker girl, he always takes time to explore their feelings and offer his support.

In my opinion Nagi is an admirable character. I cannot agree that he is a douchebag just for carrying out his duties according to the local cultural norms. Once he accepted the position of Dragon God, to have not given each maiden the opportunity to win his heart or not have participated in the festival would have been a betrayal.

Yes harems can work harmoniously where the culture allows them to be established for the females' advantage as much as the males'. Unfortunately there are more cases where young or even prepubescent girls are sold to old men with no concern for their own desires. However that is also the case in single marriages in those places and so says little about polygamy itself. IRL there is normally a senior wife who is in charge of the household. I don't know how having three equal women in one home would work out.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 12:02   Link #2143
Diamond English

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I almost had one (threesome) but I didn't do it. Fantasies are good however. If one does not have interest, then things become dull and problems erupts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I agree. Threesomes+ should just be left as fantasies and nothing more, you cannot leave that as just friends with benefits stuff for long.
The both of you should share the bath salts around.

Thank god for rare MC's like this.Give in to your carnal pleasures son and take a trip to Holland with your three brides and marry them all. Go Polygamy.
Diamond English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 12:54   Link #2144
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
I would not argue with anyone's taste or philosophy, but let me explain why this one is so exceptional. Nagi is different from the normal harem lead. He is neither oblivious, clumsy nor overly ecchi. He does not stumble into girls nor get punched over top of trees. He does not have a love he pines for but is afraid to confess to. His concern is always for his girls.
Spoiler for 119:

The one way in which Nagi is like your standard romcom lead is his concern for others who are not part of his harem. Whether it is Rinne or the stalker girl, he always takes time to explore their feelings and offer his support.

In my opinion Nagi is an admirable character. I cannot agree that he is a douchebag just for carrying out his duties according to the local cultural norms. Once he accepted the position of Dragon God, to have not given each maiden the opportunity to win his heart or not have participated in the festival would have been a betrayal.

Yes harems can work harmoniously where the culture allows them to be established for the females' advantage as much as the males'. Unfortunately there are more cases where young or even prepubescent girls are sold to old men with no concern for their own desires. However that is also the case in single marriages in those places and so says little about polygamy itself. IRL there is normally a senior wife who is in charge of the household. I don't know how having three equal women in one home would work out.
Its easy he favors shizuku he likes all of them but shizuku is no doubt number 1.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:06   Link #2145
NaweG
Just some guy

In case folks didn't notice, an English version of 113 and 114 have now been posted in the usual places.
Old 2013-09-06, 19:27   Link #2146
lickere

loudmouths

i agree with monogamy, i can't think in love several women at the same time.
but this is fiction, so it isn't that important.
still all of you who protect polygamy, think about this, if a man can have several women then a women can have several men.
if a harem of women is ok then it should be ok a harem of men, but the lots of you would hate shared your woman right?
well, in reality i don't really hate polygamy but in my opinion monogamy is way better
lickere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:35   Link #2147
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
In case folks didn't notice, an English version of 113 and 114 have now been posted in the usual places.
I saw, and thank frigging god, awesome chapters that really fill it in.

As for the polygamy/monogamy thing, there are plenty of countries, and places in the world (including in the USA) where its accepted. Yes some women are treated like dirt, and sometimes children are dragged into a marriage. Both of these are BAD things. But unless I am VERY much mistaken that crap happens in monogamous relationships just as often. So what if the neighbor across the street beats the *expletive* out of his wife and rapes his stepdaughter, at least they aren't those filthy Mormons/Muslims/etc. Who cares if they have a happy family life, they are the true MONSTERS!

If it really bothers you, there are plenty of "harem" mangas/animes where it ends in a single girl, or an ambiguous end at that. The fact that we can get a real harem ending with something like a serious plot is fantastic. Its the name of the bloody genre, don't be so shocked/amazed/appalled if it actually carries over to the ending.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 23:53   Link #2148
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Let's just leave this as a work of fiction.
My suspension of disbelief kicked in so long ago (about chapter two), that I cannot see any of these characters as a real live person in a true to life situation. These characters are archetypes in a legend, which is being revealed before our eager waiting eyes. I do not know if this is a variation on a Shinto legend, or if there are any roots to this tale besides the author's imagination. This author is a genius at revealing by omission.
Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by crossguy; 2013-09-07 at 00:00. Reason: can't type as of yet!
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 17:07   Link #2149
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickere View Post
i agree with monogamy, i can't think in love several women at the same time.
but this is fiction, so it isn't that important.
still all of you who protect polygamy, think about this, if a man can have several women then a women can have several men.
if a harem of women is ok then it should be ok a harem of men, but the lots of you would hate shared your woman right?
well, in reality i don't really hate polygamy but in my opinion monogamy is way better
In reality, both ways would be a generally unhappy situation all-around. While it technically is possible in real life, it would require three or more people, all of them madly in love with all of the others, all strong-willed enough to ignore society, and all of them completely devoid of both jealousy and possessiveness while still being capable of passion. A combination which is decidedly rare.
Old 2013-09-07, 17:15   Link #2150
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I know a polygamous family...happy for over 25 years and going strong. It's quite possible even in reality.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 22:59   Link #2151
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

My question about polygamy is "Has anyone got an example of a real life Polygamist " Marriage"
Where the partners chose their mates?" In every culture I have observed with polygamy, wives are part of a marriage arrangement. Not choosing, but chosen, not partners but property.

How did a discussion of a Manga develop into a discussion of Polygamy?
Easy: The Author brought up the topic as a plot element!

NOW! For homework, go back and read the shrine maiden's origins AND duties.
Is MARRIAGE in there? Just askin'.
Old 2013-09-08, 07:31   Link #2152
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

As far as I know, in my example above it was their choice (two sisters, one man) rather than it being chosen for them. And polygamy is not normal here at all xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 07:39   Link #2153
Diamond English

MC moved to island and gets labeled with the Dragon God moniker and told he must choose one of three maidens to end up with because of some ritual. MC goes through trials and tribulations with said 3 girls, then realizes he can have all 3 instead of one because some nutty locals told him about some ritual. I ain't seen no dragon just an island of cultists.

Oh and to those taking it too seriously here's a link off the first page of this forum topic. Magical girlfriends eh?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...318#post954318
Old 2013-09-08, 12:21   Link #2154
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond English View Post
MC moved to island and gets labeled with the Dragon God moniker and told he must choose one of three maidens to end up with because of some ritual. MC goes through trials and tribulations with said 3 girls, then realizes he can have all 3 instead of one because some nutty locals told him about some ritual. I ain't seen no dragon just an island of cultists.

Oh and to those taking it too seriously here's a link off the first page of this forum topic. Magical girlfriends eh?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...318#post954318
This is true except for the Rinne issues. How did he save her, how come she thinks she is 'THE' maiden. What happens to the 'fake' ones?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 11:04   Link #2155
Diamond English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
This is true except for the Rinne issues. How did he save her, how come she thinks she is 'THE' maiden. What happens to the 'fake' ones?
Not sure mate, but didn't the manga explain that part? Wasn't she the reincarnation of a maiden in a previous life and Nagi being the dragon counterpart only this time Rinne is not a candidate. Chapter 99-101 could be the answer. I dunno maybe I'm been nicking the cult island's wacky backy.
Old 2013-10-06, 23:26   Link #2156
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Waitin....
Old 2013-10-07, 07:32   Link #2157
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Waitin....
Just found a raw. Guess I was a week off. Looks like I have some work to do :-)

Last edited by NaweG; 2013-10-08 at 13:09. Reason: Evidently I can't count weeks
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 13:41   Link #2158
NaweG
Just some guy

Not all that much of a spoiler...

Spoiler for Chapter 120:
Old 2013-10-09, 00:40   Link #2159
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Not all that much of a spoiler...

Spoiler for Chapter 120:
How I read it

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-10-09, 15:22   Link #2160
NaweG
Just some guy

Chap 120 is up at the usual places. So, who is more gar now - Nagi or Matoi Ryūko?

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen