AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 23:18   Link #1
Khym Chanur

2006 Halloween site banners

I've been trying to identify the animes of the Halloween banners, and can only positively identify two, Disgaea and Full Metal Alchemist. I think that this banner is Naruto, and this banner sort of looks like Lilith from Yami to Bo-shi to Hon no Tabibito, but I'm not positive about those two. For the rest, I have no idea. I'm especially curious about this banner, because I want to know the identity of Chiyo-chichi's evil twin brother.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Khym Chanur; 2006-11-05 at 02:48.
Khym Chanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 02:34   Link #2
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

I would like to comment about one of the banner...

There is one banner, The Disgaea banner, I found as unappropriate... I'm not sure, but I swear I saw a bit of pinkness on Etna's chest... Of course, that means its a part of her nipple... Though, I really would like it for someone to prove me wrong by showing me the rest of that image... If that image is inappropriate, I would like to ask to remove it... But then again, Halloween is over so it should be removed soon...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 03:03   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
I've been trying to identify the animes of the Halloween banners, and can only positively identify two, Disgaea and Full Metal Alchemist. I think that this banner is Naruto, and this banner sort of looks like Lilith from Yami to Bo-shi to Hon no Tabibito, but I'm not positive about those two. For the rest, I have no idea. I'm especially curious about this banner, because I want to know the identity of Chiyo-chichi's evil twin brother.

Thanks in advance.
Afaik you're right on your first few guesses. As for the last one, it features Beelzenef, a cat doll carried around by Nekozawa, who is a recurring character in Ouran High School Host Club.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouran#Dark_Magic_Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsukuyomi View Post
I would like to comment about one of the banner...

There is one banner, The Disgaea banner, I found as unappropriate... I'm not sure, but I swear I saw a bit of pinkness on Etna's chest... Of course, that means its a part of her nipple... Though, I really would like it for someone to prove me wrong by showing me the rest of that image... If that image is inappropriate, I would like to ask to remove it... But then again, Halloween is over so it should be removed soon...
It's a banner made by JOJO STAR... which means... I think your suspicions may be correct.

Btw, NoSanninWa pretty much decides which banners are shown on the forum apart from the winner's banner.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 03:31   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yep, I'm basically in charge of deciding which of the (non-winning) banners to use. That is my prize for running the contest. While that Jojo banner is slightly naughty, he doesn't actually show any nipple (it's just hinted at), so I consider it legal. You had to look really, really closely to spot the hint, so it is safe for work.

Incidently there is one banner whose source I would like to know.

Last time I asked, I was told that this is Lucy from Elfen Lied, but it is not. Lucy's hair is not that color, her eye doesn't look like that and she does not have a yellow tattoo on her cheek. So it is NOT Elfen Lied. The only similarity to Lucy is the bandages which Lucy wore in one episode. Since Rei from Evangelion also wore bandages in a few episodes, I think it looks just as much like Rei as it does Lucy. Wrong hair, wrong eyes, wrong everything.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 03:37   Link #5
Khym Chanur

Oh, I forgot one, the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya banner.
Khym Chanur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 07:48   Link #6
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I happen to have the full picture, NSW. I can post it if you want.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 12:15   Link #7
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khym Chanur View Post
Oh, I forgot one, the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya banner.
So good you recognized that one as well. The kitty was starting to get worried about him not being popular enough.

Daniel E. 10 has some characters we have yet to Id. I took the pic from the Boyis wallpaper site a long time ago. Same goes for my other banner as well.
Old 2006-11-05, 13:56   Link #8
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Yep, I'm basically in charge of deciding which of the (non-winning) banners to use. That is my prize for running the contest. While that Jojo banner is slightly naughty, he doesn't actually show any nipple (it's just hinted at), so I consider it legal. You had to look really, really closely to spot the hint, so it is safe for work.

Though, someone with good eyes of art would notice pretty quickly... Also, I'm a big Nippon Ichi fanatic, so I somewhat find it offensive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Incidently there is one banner whose source I would like to know.

Last time I asked, I was told that this is Lucy from Elfen Lied, but it is not. Lucy's hair is not that color, her eye doesn't look like that and she does not have a yellow tattoo on her cheek. So it is NOT Elfen Lied. The only similarity to Lucy is the bandages which Lucy wore in one episode. Since Rei from Evangelion also wore bandages in a few episodes, I think it looks just as much like Rei as it does Lucy. Wrong hair, wrong eyes, wrong everything.
There is a thing known as fanart... It may not be Lucy, but it could be one of Lucy's race... I dunno exactly, but I would also like to know the source of that image... I looks pretty good for me to use for my next siggy or something...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 02:15   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
I happen to have the full picture, NSW. I can post it if you want.
Please do!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-06, 05:45   Link #10
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Okay, I've put a spoiler tag in case NSFW.

Spoiler:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 05:48   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Definitely an Elfen Lied fanart. Thank you.

Old 2006-11-06, 21:46   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

IMHO the banner which won deserved it because though many banners were far more artsitic and well designed . They lacked the adv factor , I mean the designers forgot what they were designing it for was advertisng about Animesuki Forums . Also the white space/blank space used in winning banner was very well used.

Also the other factor was FMA , know why ? . Evryone who is even new to anime can identify with FMA .
Old 2006-11-06, 23:36   Link #13
Fullmetal_Axel
Disgaea Fan

Quote:
Though, someone with good eyes of art would notice pretty quickly... Also, I'm a big Nippon Ichi fanatic, so I somewhat find it offensive...
Me too! I agree as I am also a Nippon Ichi Fanatic!
Fullmetal_Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 03:04   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I think we're going beyond our purpose in the Forum & Site Feedback Forum. If people want to continue chatting about the banners, then please do so in the Halloween 2006 Banner Contest - Final Vote! thread. It was never closed just in case anyone ever wanted to chat about those banners.

Old 2006-11-07, 11:46   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
IMHO the banner which won deserved it because though many banners were far more artsitic and well designed . They lacked the adv factor , I mean the designers forgot what they were designing it for was advertisng about Animesuki Forums . Also the white space/blank space used in winning banner was very well used.

Also the other factor was FMA , know why ? . Evryone who is even new to anime can identify with FMA .
Just for the record, but the winning banner of the Halloween contest is from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, not FMA.
Old 2006-11-07, 18:22   Link #16
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

The FMA factor refers to our second place winner, Slugzilla.

With first place going to the recent craze of Haruhi and the second place going to FMA, the craze of the last several years, I really understand what he is talking about. All too often, banners are rewarded for simply having the right show, but Slugzilla's banner was awesome regardless of what show the characters are from and Daniel E's banner was also very well done. Despite using popular characters, I believe that these banners did earn their place.

Old 2006-11-07, 18:25   Link #17
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I just hope they are there to stay Much better than the old ones.
Old 2006-11-07, 18:35   Link #18
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

They are only there to stay until the Winter banner contest is over. Then they all get replaced. Though looking at the quality of the Winter contest, I don't think that is a bad thing at all!

You may see them again for Halloween next year though. (No decision has been made yet.)