AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 19:38   Link #21
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Indeed, YouTube came as a salvation.

Season two while keeping the same formula, it delivers on a different note since Ai is very awared of her retrieved memories from season one.

Cosmetic and twist change introduced were that both Ichimoku Ren and Hone Onna will take more voicing roles in delivering the vengeances speeches.
Spoiler:

They started season two with the highlight on Ai's past and more stuff revealed about the spider.
At least to me, they answered that Ai indeed became the first Jigoku Shoujo.

And we have another mix added, another kimono girl introduced who maliciously watches on Ai and company.

Spoiler:

Anyways, I can see that we're treated with a new soundtrack alongside with the scores from the previous ones, and amazed that for this season they did not toned down the violence and horror aspects.

And even Jigoku Shoujo goes a bit to the mahou-shoujo style. I mean that for each new season she gets an upgrade in both her kimono and her sentence to send the accused to the hell ferry.
I love the new kimono design, and the animation looks more visually neat and gorgeous than in season one.

Finally, the ending theme, Aizome, reminds me of shamanic themes related to spirituality and nature. It's very beautiful, and I wonder if would be included in the third sountrack like Karinui was included in the first soundtrack or getting a CD single release.

Overall, season two started with the right foot to me and includes more creepy, Halloween -esque scores.

Reminder: This thread is for discussion of season TWO. Season ONE has its own thread.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 19:42   Link #22
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

By the way, I'm not sure whether to trust or not ANN, but the site has updated information about the opening song and for episode two to eight.

However, I suggest you all to proceed with caution because lately ANN is uploading false information to its network.

If anyone knows japanese, please check the official JS site to verify the information posted in ANN is in indeed correct.

Opening theme:
NightmaRe by SNoW

Same one who performed season one's opening theme, Sakasama no chou.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 19:46   Link #23
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
If anyone knows japanese, please check the official JS site to verify the information posted in ANN is in indeed correct.
The official JS site does not list the new song but SNOW's official does list the song, NightmaRe for Jigoku Shoujo 2:

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Inf...ial/index.html

They even have a sample of it on the site. But it requires an updated Windows Media Player. The single will be released on December 6. The song sounds weird to me in the sample, maybe because it's cut off? I'll have to see how the OP sounds next week.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:12   Link #24
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
And even Jigoku Shoujo goes a bit to the mahou-shoujo style.
Quick, someone needs to bring back the adventures of Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai!

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 12:12   Link #25
DSJFX18
Destiny

Her kimono just got a lot more flowery and dimensional warpy. Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai? Nahh...

Last edited by DSJFX18; 2006-10-10 at 10:51.
DSJFX18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:55   Link #26
Quantumempixusxast
The Supersymetric Soul

As for me, I wish to know more about the Hell spider.
That sounds silly,but what is its role. Moreover, ah yes, the grandmother always spinning the thread, will I ,one day or another, see her face or know who is she. So much questions.......
Anyway, the story was creepy:

Spoiler:

I'm impatient to see the next episode!
Quantumempixusxast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:59   Link #27
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:

I am impatient to see the OP sequence. I think this first episode is very well down. Something makes it seem higher quality compared to episodes in the first season.
Old 2006-10-10, 10:44   Link #28
DSJFX18
Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Spoiler:

I am impatient to see the OP sequence. I think this first episode is very well down. Something makes it seem higher quality compared to episodes in the first season.
Spoiler:

Anyways, it was kinda weird and unexpecting to see Ai with a lab coat over her kimono. Usually she just comes in the end, and utter her words of doom. Looking forward to Ai in future skits lol.

Edit: Oh and I really like the ED song. Ai's (Mamiko Noto) singing is nice to hear. Looking forward to the OP also.
Old 2006-10-12, 18:19   Link #29
Miyu the Vampiress

Hey the girl in purple they showed at the end also appears in the introduction. Take a look:http://atashi.animeblogger.net/wp-co...jfuta01_00.jpg
Miyu the Vampiress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 19:33   Link #30
DSJFX18
Destiny

Yeh, I noticed that. Her flower is also visible when Ai and the other three are in formation.
Old 2006-10-12, 19:47   Link #31
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJFX18 View Post
Yeh, I noticed that. Her flower is also visible when Ai and the other three are in formation.
That was spooky. I did not see her in the OP or ED, only in the sponsors screen. And yet the sponsors screen background are usually taken from the episode itself.
Old 2006-10-12, 23:55   Link #32
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
That was spooky. I did not see her in the OP or ED, only in the sponsors screen. And yet the sponsors screen background are usually taken from the episode itself.
*Raises hand nervously* Ahahah, only 1/2 of the image appeared during the intro sequence of episode 1... The fuzzy image of full head appeared in the sponsor screen, so I took both screenshots and combined them together.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 22:32   Link #33
Sakuya
*Artist

ANN says that episode 8's title is "The Fake Jigoku Tsuushin". That sounds very interesting! While we're on the topic, does anyone still remember where the official Jigoku Tsuushin website is?

I know there are other "fake" ones too that include the fire in the beginning and ones that open 24/7.
Old 2006-10-14, 16:17   Link #34
dxgarten

Episode 02 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 20:54   Link #35
wrex_japan

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, ep. 2

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori episode 2 screencaps and summary. I liked this episode (except for the very end). For entities in hell, Ai and her helpers sure care a lot.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 21:41   Link #36
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-14, 23:12   Link #37
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:08   Link #38
sakura33777

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori

what can you say on the next season of jigoku shoujo? i think its more better^_^ i feel sorry for enma ai. ive watch the raw i think its good better than before.
sakura33777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:27   Link #39
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35867
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 09:35   Link #40
DSJFX18
Destiny

I'll be looking forward to watching this in a bit. (Ai moments)

Tags
horror