AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-25, 11:46   Link #2521
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Disappointed with this chapter. Where is the political marriage?
Even if there was such an offer, Alibaba wouldn't take it. Koen wants to become the one king of the world, and this means to conquer and subjugate all nations. There's no way Alibaba would abide to this.

I think all these developments will make Alibaba decide to aim for the throne of the world himself. It's about time he realizes he's the fucking king Arthur of the story, and these chapters have been all about him looking for a purpose.
Old 2013-12-25, 12:33   Link #2522
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think all these developments will make Alibaba decide to aim for the throne of the world himself. It's about time he realizes he's the fucking king Arthur of the story, and these chapters have been all about him looking for a purpose.
No, he is not. Just like Aladdin isn't Lady of the Lake and Alibaba possess no Excalibur.
Throne of the world? Alibaba isn't someone can stand above others, he doesn't have that leader charisma like Sinbad and Kouen. And I don't think this world will unify at all, the Dijin start to believe in a world with many king instead of only one and it's actually more stable that way.
Old 2013-12-25, 13:27   Link #2523
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
No, he is not. Just like Aladdin isn't Lady of the Lake and Alibaba possess no Excalibur.
Duh, I'm talking figuratively (also, Aladdin would obviously be Merlin ).

Quote:
he doesn't have that leader charisma like Sinbad and Kouen.
They seen to be so ideal for the job that the Magi don't trust them. That gotta mean something.

Quote:
And I don't think this world will unify at all, the Dijin start to believe in a world with many king instead of only one and it's actually more stable that way.
Thing is, both Sinbad and Koen want to unify the world. If Alibaba wants to stop that, he will have to oppose them and become the one king himself. He may give back independence to all the nations of the world and step down afterwards.

So, either way, Alibaba will have to aim for it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-12-25 at 13:40.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 18:10   Link #2524
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved the way Alibaba stood up to Kouen without openly insulting him (though he came pretty close). That was very smooth of him.
Old 2013-12-26, 01:29   Link #2525
Fwarlord

Quote:
Thing is, both Sinbad and Koen want to unify the world. If Alibaba wants to stop that, he will have to oppose them and become the one king himself. He may give back independence to all the nations of the world and step down afterwards.

Nice joke, I like it.
Once the world is unified under one king's rule, no way he can peacefully divide it back into many independent countries without many long-time wars and sacrifices. Why would people want to divide a stable unified world into many countries that can wage war against one another anytime? And even if it's the king's will, no way his subordinates will all obediently accept, because it will make them less powerful and be adverse to their interest.
Or are you talking about Lelouch's way to bring peace to the world? Unify the world through violence and bloodshed, become the target of all hatred in the world and then get killed foolishly so that all countries can become independent?
Old 2013-12-26, 04:15   Link #2526
Alf

Quote:

It may seem that way, but remember that Alibaba didn't stand as the leader of his country, and took republic government as his solution. This is going to echo and in contrary to Sinbad and Kouen's approach.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 04:43   Link #2527
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Or are you talking about Lelouch's way to bring peace to the world? Unify the world through violence and bloodshed, become the target of all hatred in the world and then get killed foolishly so that all countries can become independent?
Yunan said the king candidates will eventually have to fight each other to decide who will be the one and only king. I don't know what kind of fight he's talking about. Perhaps it will be like a tournament or something like that, I don't know. Either way, after learning of Kouen's plan to unify the world, I'm pretty sure Alibaba will want to stop him, and taking part on that is probably the only way he can do so without starting a war, which he would try to avoid at all cost.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:20   Link #2528
shalala

Quote:
Yunan said the king candidates will eventually have to fight each other to decide who will be the one and only king. I don't know what kind of fight he's talking about. Perhaps it will be like a tournament or something like that, I don't know. Either way, after learning of Kouen's plan to unify the world, I'm pretty sure Alibaba will want to stop him, and taking part on that is probably the only way he can do so without starting a war, which he would try to avoid at all cost.
One way to also look at it would be Aliababa befrind most of the KC explaining his thoughts in what a KC should be.. Sure he may not want to be king but we know he is the type that brings people together much like Sinbad and Kouen does. Soo he may well be the one that unifies the other KC which could lead to a smaller battle between the few power houses.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 14:33   Link #2529
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
One way to also look at it would be Aliababa befrind most of the KC explaining his thoughts in what a KC should be.. Sure he may not want to be king but we know he is the type that brings people together much like Sinbad and Kouen does. Soo he may well be the one that unifies the other KC which could lead to a smaller battle between the few power houses.
Maybe the king candidates from Raem will ally with Alibaba. The rest will probably become enemies imo.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-12-26 at 15:19.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 15:14   Link #2530
Breimoon

Quote:
Maybe the king candidates from Raem and Magnostadt (if Titus gets some king candidates of his own) will ally with Alibaba. The rest will probably become enemies imo.
Magnostadt seems unlikely since magicians and djins dont seem to get along.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 15:21   Link #2531
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Magnostadt seems unlikely since magicians and djins dont seem to get along.
Yeah, I don't know why I thought that Titus was Magnostadt's magi. He's Raem's magi, Scheherezade's replacement.
Old 2013-12-26, 16:01   Link #2532
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I loved the way Alibaba stood up to Kouen without openly insulting him (though he came pretty close). That was very smooth of him.

Yeah, I thought that was cool, too. I always did enjoy seeing characters use those indirect sorts of insults.

Anyway, seems like Koumei wants Alibaba to become an ally of the empire. Personally, I wouldn't trust those guys, but I suppose he'll at least hear them out on their offer first....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 19:18   Link #2533
CBredbeard
Banned

In the beginning they said that Balbaad would have an independent government, but Kou would be the administration. That's like saying Congress is allowed to write laws, but the President doesn't have to follow them while making his own rules. They haven't violated the original agreement.

I wonder if Morgiana trained with En's Households? The big one seemed to be familiar with her. I sincerely hope that we see Morgiana interacting with the Households she met during her travels with Yunan. It's incredibly sad that she's regulated to the background when she's not interacting with the other major characters.

Something tells me that Koumei and En aren't idealistic or self-interested. They're doing it because it's the Will of Solomon, but they aren't even sure what that means.

I would like to point out that En expressed a desire to avoid wars when he agreed to lend Kou's Metal Vessels in the fight against the Medium. He supposed that if he had the answers he desired, the knowledge that Aladdin possessed, that somehow they could avoid fighting. It's entirely possible that he only wants to know things for his own gratification, but that seems like a very shallow motive to me. Especially for someone as talented and powerful as En.

So they do want to make Alibaba an ally? Well, Kou likes to use marriage to solidify political alliances. If Kougyokou's hand isn't offered to Alibaba within 3 chapters, I'll be disappointed.

(Kougyokou probably does not want to marry Alibaba, he is her precious friend)
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 19:36   Link #2534
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
In the beginning they said that Balbaad would have an independent government, but Kou would be the administration. That's like saying Congress is allowed to write laws, but the President doesn't have to follow them while making his own rules. They haven't violated the original agreement.
Yes, they did. There's absolutely no self-government in Balbad.

Quote:
Something tells me that Koumei and En aren't idealistic or self-interested. They're doing it because it's the Will of Solomon, but they aren't even sure what that means.
I don't think they have any kind of loyalty to Solomon. They're interested in it because they're Metal Vessel holders and it may turn out to be important (what if just having a metal vessel enrolls them into some fight for the fate of the world?), not because they want to submit to the will of some long dead king.

Quote:
I would like to point out that En expressed a desire to avoid wars when he agreed to lend Kou's Metal Vessels in the fight against the Medium. He supposed that if he had the answers he desired, the knowledge that Aladdin possessed, that somehow they could avoid fighting. It's entirely possible that he only wants to know things for his own gratification, but that seems like a very shallow motive to me. Especially for someone as talented and powerful as En.
He is smart enough to know there are forces and interests at play of which he knows very little. What does Al-Thamen want? (Especially important, as they're the not so hidden power in Kou.) What do the djinns or the magi want, beyond promoting their candidates?

His basic plan for world peace seem to be "conquer the world", and I don't think he expects anything Aladdin has to say to change that. Or that he won't have to wage war.

Quote:
So they do want to make Alibaba an ally? Well, Kou likes to use marriage to solidify political alliances. If Kougyokou's hand isn't offered to Alibaba within 3 chapters, I'll be disappointed.

Maybe. But as far as taking one for the team goes, she could do a lot worse than marrying her friend.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 22:09   Link #2535
Fwarlord

Actually, I don't think the world need any metal vessel to rule as king at all. Aladdin is protagonist and the chosen one who inherit Solomon's wisdom, so it should be him who unify the world, make it a republic and become its supreme leader general admiral.
Old 2013-12-26, 23:27   Link #2536
catavecino

Quote:
Actually, I don't think the world need any metal vessel to rule as king at all. Aladdin is protagonist and the chosen one who inherit Solomon's wisdom, so it should be him who unify the world, make it a republic and become its supreme leader general admiral.
it's like you're making slogans for north korea hahahah
catavecino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 11:16   Link #2537
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by catavecino View Post
it's like you're making slogans for north korea hahahah
I see, you didn't watch The Dictator.
Old 2013-12-27, 11:24   Link #2538
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
I see, you didn't watch The Dictator.
The Dictator? aladeen?
"round its not scary, pointing is scary, it should be pointy!"
Old 2013-12-27, 11:38   Link #2539
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Alibaba can be her friend, husband, and lover at the same time. Kougyoku shouldn't push her luck too much or else, she would really end up marrying a fat, ugly, dirty, mental-challenged and short guy.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 11:47   Link #2540
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Alibaba can be her friend, husband, and lover at the same time. Kougyoku shouldn't push her luck too much or else, she would really end up marrying a fat, ugly, dirty, mental-challenged and short guy.
are you talking about a certain brother?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen