Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-25, 21:01   Link #341
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ep 04

I wonder why she had him temp take over the pitcher at the end, though? When it happened the first thought that came to mind was that she somehow thought his temp possessing of people with powers could somehow nullify the powers permanently?
Maybe she wanted to see what happens when he takes over someone with a power. Can't blame her for wondering how it would affect the abilities of who he takes over or even his own abilities.
Old 2015-07-25, 23:46   Link #342
Eater of All
NOM

Is Charlotte meant to be just 1-cour? The pacing suggests a 2-cour show, but PA Works also hasn't done a 2nd season of anything before....
Old 2015-07-26, 00:21   Link #343
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Umm, this episode really does not help my impression of this anime. And why baseball? Always baseball?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 00:35   Link #344
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Umm, this episode really does not help my impression of this anime. And why baseball? Always baseball?
Well, Jun Maeda made stories where baseball is a theme like Clannad, Little Busters!, and Angel Beats.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 02:00   Link #345
tsunade666

^I think Serenade meant is, why baseball again? because, like what you listed. Baseball game is overused from key games already.

episode 4 is ... fun.

I want to bang my head while watching it. Yusa-rin looks dumb for me but man... super moe inducing magic spell -_- I was like. stupid stupid stupid. My brain keep shouting stupid while i'm getting heart problems thanks to her.

hmm.. the thing that really interest me here is Nao's little experiment.

We aren't shown on what he did when he take over. Did he manage to control the body? or he just passed out?

At least he get free feels when Nao catches his body.
Old 2015-07-26, 03:22   Link #346
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The writer has boner on the baseball obviously.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 03:56   Link #347
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Is Charlotte meant to be just 1-cour? The pacing suggests a 2-cour show, but PA Works also hasn't done a 2nd season of anything before....
There is always something for the first time, but regarding slower pacing Maeda warned that show will have slower first half before significantly get faster in the second half. He basically directly said: "Don't get bored during first six episodes."
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 04:49   Link #348
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
It's also said that Charlotte is said to get an After Story / Refrain, so I presume it means Charlotte is splitcour.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 05:01   Link #349
tsunade666

^its split cour? but there are only few characters?

Usually the after story/refrain that I see/played are from where there are many characters but here, it has probably linear story telling that I can only think of 1 true ending and lots of bad ending but an after story? from what?
Old 2015-07-26, 05:09   Link #350
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^its split cour? but there are only few characters?

Usually the after story/refrain that I see/played are from where there are many characters but here, it has probably linear story telling that I can only think of 1 true ending and lots of bad ending but an after story? from what?
There are only few charas usually involved in After Story and Refrain. Besides, I think that there's something in this setting that just makes me .... curious. Dunno, like something is wrong in the setting.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 05:54   Link #351
tsunade666

For me, that something wrong is that we haven't seen those mad scientist yet.

We had an escapee and a school dedicated for collecting esper kids in puberty. That sounds fishy enough if you ask me.
Old 2015-07-26, 09:02   Link #352
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
For me, that something wrong is that we haven't seen those mad scientist yet.

We had an escapee and a school dedicated for collecting esper kids in puberty. That sounds fishy enough if you ask me.
I agree that the whole setup is fishy. What happens if those kids don't become normal by age 18? How are they being monitored to ensure that they are powerless when they graduate? Who is funding that school?
Old 2015-07-26, 09:31   Link #353
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

We've yet to see that "helper" that Nao was talking about and his/her seemingly infinite cash flow. I understand that this type of show warrants for an episodic formula, but since it's only 13 episodes this season, I hope we move on to the bigger plot soon.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 09:53   Link #354
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Please let Misa take over more frequently I don't think I can suppress my urge to choke the life out of Yusa long enough. Ayumi is starting to get on my nerves too.

So-so episode. Yuu finally gets a taste of success without cheating for that one bit at least, the game was pretty much a fraud to begin with It seems other students are aware of these abilities too given how Nao openly talked about it. I really like Joujirou it'd be disappointing if he just ends up as the comic relief character through and through, I would like to see a serious side of him in the soon we still don't know what his deal is. He was so bad-ass when he was first introduced though I must admit I loved the part where he was obsessing over Misa/Yusa's saliva
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 10:19   Link #355
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Please let Misa take over more frequently I don't think I can suppress my urge to choke the life out of Yusa long enough. Ayumi is starting to get on my nerves too.
Misa's a pretty cool ghost
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 10:50   Link #356
IceHism

I don't get it. How can this show expect me to invest in these characters when all it does is give me 1 episode arcs. Zzzzz
Oh, and imouto still makes my ears bleed.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 10:53   Link #357
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
I must admit I loved the part where he was obsessing over Misa/Yusa's saliva
That's creepy. "such a turn off!!"

Though he is indeed cool in the first episode.
Old 2015-07-26, 12:53   Link #358
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Slower-paced" first six episodes would be one thing, but shallow and boring is something else. Or so this seems to me. There's just something lacking, as I felt with both Angel Beats and Little Busters. But maybe the feels are coming. I'm still on board, anyway.

The production values and voices are all good. And I really like the ED sung by Uchida Maaya (Rikka in Chuunibyou), who is proving she can actually sing -- as well as be a real voice actress: she plays both Yusa and Misa.

Personally, I think the harsh voice of Asakura Momo as the little sister is also good, even though so annoying to our Western ears. Best female voice is still Sakura Ayane (Nao), however.

Anyway, I've updated the characters/seiyuus page for this show with three new characters.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2015-07-26 at 14:05.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 15:20   Link #359
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I want my Scumbag MC back. Kinda dumb that Nao has to remind him to use his scumbag ways; it should have been natural to him as he was doing it for a long time already.

Oh well, Nao still is carrying the show. While Sakura Ayane couldn't carry the trash that is Logos, she's making this series much more enjoyable than it would otherwise had been. I mean, I'm pretty much against 'monster of the week' shows (and this is just a spin on that so far), but I still watch this at first opportunity I get over the weekend.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 15:27   Link #360
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Okay well yeah Baseball episode check-a-roo. I had to roll my eyes when they were going to play baseball. Maeda loves his freaking baseball. Clannad, Little Busters!, and Angel Beats! >.> Jesus. Also the third of the of the bunch to have a singer in the group.

I found this episode okay. Wasn't stand out. I really like Misa over Yusa though. I found most of the jokes fell pretty flat and the pizza sauce/ Aikko Kanon jam joke is just too over the top.

I hope things pick up next week. I also can almost confirm now something is UP with the sister like she's just so fakey. I wonder if she's even human. They is SO much focus on her there has to be something there. So I'm waiting for a reveal there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And the severe lack of plot progression is undeniable at this point. As I suspected, this is definitely another Plastic Memories.
I read in an interview that around ep 6 is when the plot will move forward. So it isn't going to be all like Plastic Memories. I think that we're supposed to get to know everyone and the powers a bit more before we delve face first into it all. I just wish there was a better way.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers