AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-08-28, 06:12   Link #21
Sides

The Berseria episodes are also different form the game, if people are interested.
I cannot remember correctly, but the scene where Ceres gets absorbs is different, and as far as i can tell non of the animation were reused.
Old 2016-08-28, 11:09   Link #22
charles883

Spoiler for Game spoiler:
Old 2016-08-28, 11:27   Link #23
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Spoiler for Game spoiler:
It didn't happen. We didn't even have Eizen's name let alone his appearance. There were also no flashbacks like the one in the episode. The matter concerning Edna's brother in the game at most felt like a side quest that you could gloss over for the sake of the greater plot, as in the dragon's tale.
Old 2016-08-28, 11:33   Link #24
Sides

^ this
Eizen's human-like design didn't really exists until Berseria. Until now, with the release of the game, it was never confirmed that Eizen from Berseria is the same Eizen in Zestiria.
Old 2016-08-28, 14:06   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You know what I miss? Lailah's obsession for round things.
Old 2016-08-28, 18:45   Link #26
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Lots of change from the game, but it is all for the best. The anime is taking full advantage of Berseria to develop more on this.

You understand fully why Zaveid is doing what he's doing. You get why Edna is having internal struggles.

I haven't played ToB since it's not out in the West yet, but I can't wait to discover more. I'm glad that they removed that random Zaveid encounter.
Old 2016-08-28, 19:23   Link #27
xellos2099

Did TOB ever explain why Eizen turn into a dragon? Also, does Zaveid exist back then?
Old 2016-08-28, 19:34   Link #28
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

we meet zaveid every now and then in berseria
Old 2016-08-28, 19:39   Link #29
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Did TOB ever explain why Eizen turn into a dragon? Also, does Zaveid exist back then?
Zaveid appears in the Berseria game
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sides; 2016-08-29 at 01:28.
Old 2016-08-28, 20:04   Link #30
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Be careful about Berseria stuff if you want to talk about it (if it's even allowed). I would like to go into that game as "clean" as possible.

Make sure to properly identify those spoilers as "BERSERIA" things. I played ToZ so I usually click on spoilers... however, some people don't even bother telling people that it's Berseria spoilers.
Old 2016-08-29, 01:31   Link #31
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Be careful about Berseria stuff if you want to talk about it (if it's even allowed). I would like to go into that game as "clean" as possible.

Make sure to properly identify those spoilers as "BERSERIA" things. I played ToZ so I usually click on spoilers... however, some people don't even bother telling people that it's Berseria spoilers.
Hmm, the Cross kind of indicates both timelines and games, so I would say it should be fine, unless the mods have a different interpretation about it.
Old 2016-08-29, 03:37   Link #32
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Hmm, the Cross kind of indicates both timelines and games, so I would say it should be fine, unless the mods have a different interpretation about it.
The game's not even released outside of Japan yet. Berseria stuff that hasn't been revealed in the anime should be spoilered and indicated, at least in this thread. They're no longer adapting any part of Berseria, so the "episode-to-game comparison" part of the title trumps the "cross" part. If there's a Berseria thread, I imagine story element discussion is much more appropriate there.
Old 2016-08-29, 08:18   Link #33
LKK

Quoting the opening post's thread discussion rules statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairin View Post
As the title of this thread suggest, the purpose here is to allow discussion which compares the content between an anime episode as it aired and how it is laid out in the source material the anime was adapted from. All spoilers are allowed as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand.
quigonkenny is right. This thread is for comparing the Zestiria anime episodes to their counterparts in the Berseria source material. Any story segment in Berseria that isn't part of the anime's Berseria segment is a spoiler and shouldn't be discussed here.

If you want to discuss the story segments of Berseria that aren't covered in the anime, request a Berseria game discussion thread.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2016-08-29, 11:08   Link #34
com_gwp

I'm not about to click on Sides's spoiler, since I want to go into Berseria clean.

But this episode definitely seemed to be hinting at something that my guess is that...

Spoiler for Berseria connection...and spoilers (?) I guess. I'm clean on Berseria so this is what I'm speculating solely from X and my knowledge of Zestiria:

Not really looking for confirmation, just wanted to lay out my guesses here.
Old 2016-08-29, 13:50   Link #35
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I'm not about to click on Sides's spoiler, since I want to go into Berseria clean.

But this episode definitely seemed to be hinting at something that my guess is that...

Spoiler for Berseria connection...and spoilers (?) I guess. I'm clean on Berseria so this is what I'm speculating solely from X and my knowledge of Zestiria:

Not really looking for confirmation, just wanted to lay out my guesses here.
Nah. I said this elsewhere, but its most likely that Zaveid is Aifread, or rather, if he's anyone, it'd be him. He'd have to be somebody Eizen trusts enough to know of/be acquainted with his sister, and I just don't think Rokuro can fit that bill. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it =01.

Old 2016-08-29, 14:11   Link #36
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I think Eizen and Zaveid may be one of the "first/older" Seraphs to come down... or Malak. Zaveid always struck me as someone who lived a really long time and have seen lots of things happen.

I doubt that Zaveid is that samurai dude from Berseria. I mean, if he was a long sword/twin blade user, it would be weird for him to start using gun. He should still be carrying those around him even if he decided to use that gun to kill hellions.
Old 2016-08-29, 14:15   Link #37
Kazu-kun

It should be noted that Rokuro is a deamon/hellion. This isn't spoiler since it was shown in the anime. Zaveid is a malak/seraph.

So it's very unlikely they're the same person.
Old 2016-08-29, 19:46   Link #38
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It should be noted that Rokuro is a deamon/hellion. This isn't spoiler since it was shown in the anime. Zaveid is a malak/seraph.

So it's very unlikely they're the same person.
That's why I didn't think it made sense, unless Berseria introduces some lore-changing elements to tie the origin of malaks to humans. Now that it has been mentioned, Frubam's guess actually makes more sense, and was one that never occurred to me.
Old 2016-08-31, 14:17   Link #39
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Agree with Edna being a cutie assessment. The animation and everything makes her even cuter then her character design already is.

How exactly did they diverge [this episode]?
Here are the big points:

1. The reason why they went to the mountain in the game was to fix the bridge. In the Anime, they went there to "learn about Dragons"
2. They swapped the Bridge and the Mountain event. The bridge (next episode) happens before the mountain (this episode)
3. Mikleo was actually there in the game. In the Anime, he went for the Bow (in the game, he had it at this point).
4. Zaveid doesn't actually fight the Dragon in the game. He fights you.

I'm quite happy that they made those changes. It makes it much more interesting.
Old 2016-08-31, 14:21   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't remember, were Zaveid and Lailah acquainted in the game?
Closed Thread