AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 7 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 22.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 17.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-28, 06:35   Link #41
zerriet

Quote:
Originally Posted by keys.unlock.things. View Post
Yeah, I kinda think that's the case. Like tougane's some inside assassin that's gonna kill anyone against the system. Oh! One last question, guys. Is the toganes controlling the system or is it just there is a chance that togane's mom is in the system?
Its more likely that Togane's mom is just a part of a system, albeit one that was chosen to represent the MWPSB and make sure that the truth behind the system does not get exposed.
Old 2014-11-28, 06:36   Link #42
keys.unlock.things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua View Post
As for why he would demote inspectors, why not? They're the psychopaths in control of everything, so he might as well entertain himself. It's also a "clean" way to get rid of unwanted, overly curious inspectors.
This. Is kinda twisted... But I don't think togane would do something just to entertain himself and then removed from the job. Remember? He was an enforcer 18 yrs. Ago, when he was 23. Wait, so he's 41?!
Old 2014-11-28, 07:25   Link #43
atua

Quote:
But I don't think togane would do something just to entertain himself and then removed from the job.
If all he wanted to do was remove inspectors, then logically he would use different methods to eliminate them. Raise their PP for some, arrange "accidents" for others, etc. Because anyone would think five different inspectors dying the same way over a short period of time suspicious, and Tougane is not a stupid man. So he's not killing them this way for a rational reason.

Quote:
Wait, so he's 41?!
Yep, he's old, LOL. I'm thinking there's something odd going on with Misako's age too. In the photo, Sakuya looks 8-10 and Misako looks like a 60+ grandmother. But in the biography Mika found, she had him in her 30s, which doesn't add up. Why does she look so old in the photo?
Old 2014-11-28, 08:37   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's official, this show has gone full retard. Kamui's backstory might just be the most stupid I've ever seen in science fiction. Is there really anyone here that doesn't realize how absurd it is to have one person made up of 184 corpses? Not to mention, they stitched 7 brains together. Fran would be proud. I didn't realize Psycho Pass was a fantasy/supernatural anime until now. Plenty of science fictions require you to suspend your disbelief a bit. S1 did. That's fine. But they could have tried to make it at least a tiny little bit plausible. Once again, they went for the shock factor (that's what this season is all about, it has no value beyond that) and it ended up being a lot dumber than they probably anticipated.

I can't wait until they surgically fuse all 246 of Sibyl's brains and put them into a giant mecha, creating the strongest and smartest (according to the logic of this show) being ever. It wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
Old 2014-11-28, 09:38   Link #45
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Even Kojima high on acid would have dismissed the bit about Kamui as too idiotic as an idea. Even with the NANOMACHINES BITCH handwave.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:03   Link #46
Jetzero Infinity

Putting aside the stupidity of the Kamui reveal, the Togane reveal doesn't make sense either. I mean if one of the Sybil brains is his mother and she made both of them I can kind of understand Kamui falling under Sybil's radar for obvious reasons, but why the heck would they keep Togane around? Since he apparently enjoys clouding people's PP's for the lulz, there's no logical reason that Sybil shouldn't have turned him into a pile of organs by now since that kinda contradicts their MO.

I mean if he was doing it to help get rid of people Sybil wanted silently disposed of that would be one thing, but there's zero indication of that. Especially since he wants to corrupt Akane of all people as she's practically Sybil's pet at this point and as affecting her state of mind would hurt their plans it makes no sense that they'd be okay with it.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:13   Link #47
keys.unlock.things.

I still have not notice anything significant in the timeline of this season. But, some of you, people, said that it should not be 2114. Actually, that year is right. In s1 psycho pass, in the avatar(?) case, there is a date in the screen of shion while she analyzes who the criminal is. And on that screen, its written 2113, then in the 1st episode of s2, mika said that she's already been an inspector for 1 year and a half. Practically speaking, it is 2114 and akane is either 22 or 23, depending on her birthday.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:18   Link #48
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's official, this show has gone full retard. Kamui's backstory might just be the most stupid I've ever seen in science fiction. Is there really anyone here that doesn't realize how absurd it is to have one person made up of 184 corpses? Not to mention, they stitched 7 brains together. Fran would be proud. I didn't realize Psycho Pass was a fantasy/supernatural anime until now. Plenty of science fictions require you to suspend your disbelief a bit. S1 did. That's fine. But they could have tried to make it at least a tiny little bit plausible. Once again, they went for the shock factor (that's what this season is all about, it has no value beyond that) and it ended up being a lot dumber than they probably anticipated.

I can't wait until they surgically fuse all 246 of Sibyl's brains and put them into a giant mecha, creating the strongest and smartest (according to the logic of this show) being ever. It wouldn't even surprise me at this point.
If it helps, so far it doesn't look like anything that happens in this season is going to matter in regards to the movie.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:22   Link #49
keys.unlock.things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
but why the heck would they keep Togane around? Since he apparently enjoys clouding people's PP's for the lulz, there's no logical reason that Sybil shouldn't have turned him into a pile of organs by now since that kinda contradicts their MO.

I mean if he was doing it to help get rid of people Sybil wanted silently disposed of that would be one thing, but there's zero indication of that. Especially since he wants to corrupt Akane of all people as she's practically Sybil's pet at this point and as affecting her state of mind would hurt their plans it makes no sense that they'd be okay with it.
I think they're keeping togane around for physical strength and material strength. After all, sybil's a big dome of brains, and the only way they can kill a person is if its hue is clouded in some way, even if its just paralyzer mode. (the nona tower/kagari fiasco) in order to kill someone outside the system's boundaries, they need real humans. Not drones cause drones can only kill people within certain limitations. There are limitations to the system and to technology, but none for humans.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:45   Link #50
atua

Quote:
After all, sybil's a big dome of brains, and the only way they can kill a person is if its hue is clouded in some way, even if its just paralyzer mode.
Except we've seen Kasei hack a dominator twice (once to lethal eliminator to kill Kougami, once to destroy decomposer mode to kill Kagari) in S1. Then there was the permanent paralyser mode Akane got.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:50   Link #51
Jaden

Quote:
Is there really anyone here that doesn't realize how absurd it is to have one person made up of 184 corpses? Not to mention, they stitched 7 brains together.
Well, now that I think about it, yes. It's pretty fuckin' out there. Not to mention it's not normal cadavers from the hospital or anything like that, but a bunch of battered meat scraps from a plane crash?? Unless the crash was a cover story and they kidnapped the children.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:51   Link #52
keys.unlock.things.

Quote:
Except we've seen Kasei hack a dominator twice (once to lethal eliminator to kill Kougami, once to destroy decomposer mode to kill Kagari) in S1. Then there was the permanent paralyser mode Akane got.
Precisely! Both on those times, the person's hue is clouded. Maybe not enough for eliminator but enough for paralyzer. They can hack all dominators as long as the one on the receiving end does not lock the trigger (example: if said person's CC is below that of the standards for a latent criminal.) In the end, all sybil needs is to cloud a person's hue so they can kill him/her.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:58   Link #53
atua

Quote:
In the end, all sybil needs is to cloud a person's hue so they can kill him/her.
Why would you think that? The point is that Kasei, being an avatar of the Sibyl System, can make a dominator do whatever she wants. Why do you think the trigger would lock when she can control everything else? And you're still forgetting about the locked paralyser mode Akane asked for.
Old 2014-11-28, 10:58   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It doesn't look like anybody has mentioned it, but the explanation for why scanners can't see Kamui makes no sense. They say Sibyl recognizes him as a corpse because his body is made up of corpses, but why would it? Kamui breathes, his hearts beats, his brain emits brainwaves, and his face is still mainly that of Kamui Kirito, a person known to be alive. Given the way the scanners work (facial recognition + analyses of brainwaves), there's no reason for him to be invisible. Am I missing something or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If it helps, so far it doesn't look like anything that happens in this season is going to matter in regards to the movie.
I figured as much after watching the trailer. It's a good thing because this will make it easy to forget this second season ever existed, but it's a bad thing because it makes it even more pointless than it already was. This season adds nothing to the first one. No social commentary that wasn't already done before in S1, no lessons to be learned. Events that are going to have no bearings whatsoever to the movie. Newly introduced characters that are all going to disappear. No character development except for Mika, but Mika didn't really have a personality to begin with in S1.

We still have three weeks left, but at the end of the show, I'm pretty confident I'm going to ask myself: what was the point of all this?

Oh yeah, we found out about Sibyl's origins. Something we never needed to find out about. The first season understood that. Who creates a dystopia is never important, it's how they work and what they tell us about humanity that is.
Old 2014-11-28, 11:01   Link #55
atua

Quote:
Am I missing something or what?
Maybe all the drugs & immunosuppresants that Kamui's soaked in is confusing the scanners?

Last edited by atua; 2014-11-28 at 11:31.
Old 2014-11-28, 11:07   Link #56
keys.unlock.things.

Quote:
And you're still forgetting about the locked paralyser mode Akane asked for.
Oh yeah...... Yea, sorry there. Guess I was too bent on knowing something, I completely ignored that fact. Sorry there.

Quote:
Given the way the scanners work (facial recognition + analyses of brainwaves), there's no reason for him to be invisible. Am I missing something or what?
There's an episode in s2 where Saiga (or someone) said that having a transpalnt is also like having the owner's psycho pass transferred. Maybe coz kamui's built from different parts of 184 corpses that's why the scanners are also screwed up.

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-11-29 at 11:29. Reason: do not double post
Old 2014-11-28, 11:21   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Maybe all the drugs & immunosuppresants that Kamui's soaked in is confusing the scanners?
Is that sarcasm directed at me or the show's writer? Anyway, it doesn't completely erase his brainwaves. The scanners might be unable to correctly analyze his psycho pass, but they will definitely be able to tell there's a dude in front of them. His brain, despite being a mixture of multiple brains, still functions like any other brains (how exactly is beyond me...). The scanners should be pick up something.
Old 2014-11-28, 11:23   Link #58
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Well, now that I think about it, yes. It's pretty fuckin' out there. Not to mention it's not normal cadavers from the hospital or anything like that, but a bunch of battered meat scraps from a plane crash?? Unless the crash was a cover story and they kidnapped the children.
I don't think the plane crash is a cover story, but I do think there is a distinct element of 'for the lulz' here.

By which I mean, we know that brain matter from six other living brains was implanted into Kamui. So logically, there were seven survivors, even if maybe the others weren't going to recover. I suspect the brain grafts were the real purpose of the Togane Foundation's experiments, and everything else is a combination of a) They needed organ transplants to keep him alive, and b) Togane's mother is a total sadist and decided to just implant flesh and organs and bones from 184 other children in him entirely for personal reasons - either because she thought there was a twisted poetry in it, or because it amused her, or because she genuinely saw it as a way to keep all the children alive.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-11-28, 11:27   Link #59
atua

@Kanon I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well in print. Anyway, my point is that I agree with you on the absurdity of the whole Frankenstein's monster plot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I suspect the brain grafts were the real purpose of the Togane Foundation's experiments, and everything else is a combination of... (snipped for space)
Yes, the brain grafts seem to be a continuation of their experiments to improve/augment the Sibyl brain extraction process.
Old 2014-11-28, 11:50   Link #60
GDB

Quote:
I figured as much after watching the trailer. It's a good thing because this will make it easy to forget this second season ever existed, but it's a bad thing because it makes it even more pointless than it already was. This season adds nothing to the first one. No social commentary that wasn't already done before in S1, no lessons to be learned. Events that are going to have no bearings whatsoever to the movie. Newly introduced characters that are all going to disappear. No character development except for Mika, but Mika didn't really have a personality to begin with in S1.
The only thing that might matter from this season is whether Mika does find out the truth of Sibyl, and if she does whether that makes her an enforcer or a stalwart Inspector like Akane. If it's the latter, then you might still be able to write the season off depending on whether they bring it up in the movie or not. If it's the former, there'd be a small disconnect between s1 and the movie, but not a huge one.

Yeah, pretty sad that that's the only impact of this entire season in regards to the s1 to movie connections.
Closed Thread