AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-03, 06:59   Link #41
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
I trust his opinion, but I'd like to know your opinion about the manga, because if it is a manga adaptation then....
Its not a manga adaptation, read the first post of this thread.

And check it out for yourself its great
Old 2006-04-03, 10:28   Link #42
lavielove

Episode 1 screen-caps http://kuronosieru.blog19.fc2.com/blog-entry-602.html

For me Haruhi is on the hot-seat amoung the animes coming out so far this month.^_^
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 11:12   Link #43
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

One word: kickass, is more then enough for me to say.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 12:27   Link #44
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus
I trust his opinion, but I'd like to know your opinion about the manga, because if it is a manga adaptation then....
That, and the fact that the manga version of "Suzumiya Haruhi" done by Mizuno Makoto is officially a kuro-rekishi
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 14:07   Link #45
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Hello first of all! I'm new on this forums, and well, I hope I can contribute to it in a nice way.

Anyway, I never read any of the novels/manga from Suzumiya Haruhi, and yet, my antecipation level was HIGH. I Guess it was because KyoAni was going to do it, and well, at least for me, it's the best animation studio ever.

Anyhow, picked up the first episode yesterday by night, and my expectations were huge, almost reaching heaven or something like that, and what do I have to say? It was even better than I thought it would be!

There's just one word to describe this episode: AWESOME.

The "crappy" animation and weird angle shots were brilliant. Took me sometime to realize they were doing a movie, but it's just so funny, and what about that "Opening" song we got? I suppose it was Haruhi's Seiyuu Singing? If it was, it was so damn nice, she was all nervous and the song was sung in such a comic way. Then we got all those Sailor Moon or whatever those were stances, and the super special effects from the mighty Wand. Those Yellow Rays and the Laser Beams out of Miruku's eyes were superb. I was rolling around laughing by that time. Comedy-wise, this was one of the most incredible episodes I ever saw.

Oh, and about the sound, that "GBA-Type" of Music was such a nice touch, no wonder they got lots of musics like that, as it seems the Composer for the series was involved with Konami for some time.

And talking about music, the ED was alright. The song itself isn't any masterpiece, but it sure fits the moment, and the spirit of the series, but the video was awesome. Dancing Haruhi is MOE. Anyone got Gifs from their dances? That would be greatly appreciated!

But...well, I don't even know what to say anymore... I loved every minute of this, and I'm sure looking forward for the next episode, and of course, for someone to sub it too, as I think it's not licensed (yet?)

Long Live Suzumiya Haruhi \m/
Old 2006-04-03, 14:07   Link #46
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
At first I thought: "Hell no, I'm not watching this crap, I have too little time for yet another comedy".

Then I saw BluWacky's writeup and though: "OK, this sounds weird, maybe I'll follow it on fansubs".

But then I gave in and watched it anyway. OMFG! This is so bizzare!!! From the abysmaly bad magical girl indy film to the hyperactive title character to the incredibly awesome ending... this show is the sleeper hit for me.

Never expected this level of crack from a totally obscure show.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 14:41   Link #47
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun
and what about that "Opening" song we got? I suppose it was Haruhi's Seiyuu Singing?
The "opening" song is called "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu", written and composed by Suzumiya Haruhi, sung by Asahina Mikuru (Goto Yuuko).

Haruhi's seiyuu, Hirano Aya, sings the real opening, "Bouken-deshou-deshou", starting next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Well, as Kyoto Animation's newest release, there's actually quite a bit of attention on it, so I wouldn't call it obscure.

Too bad the first episode had to be so "first-time-watcher unfriendly" though. ^^;
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 14:44   Link #48
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I didn't really read the novels, just a bit info here and there, and knew this would be bizarre, crazy, and yet, lots of fun. It's not that unfriendly as people has been saying, maybe most of them were waiting for something more serious? I don't know

Oh about the Op, there was an interview with Haruhi's seiyuu that a friend of mine downloaded yesterday, while he was searching for the Episode on Share. Anyone knows if it's confirmed that the BGM from that interview is indeed, the Opening for Haruhi? It seemed like she was the one singing it
Old 2006-04-03, 14:55   Link #49
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I didn't really read the novels, just a bit info here and there, and knew this would be bizarre, crazy, and yet, lots of fun. It's not that unfriendly as people has been saying, maybe most of them were waiting for something more serious? I don't know
People who know nothing about the series wouldn't know that this is a movie made for the school cultural fair by the SOS-dan members in the story (sort of a show-in-a-show). They see the craptastic visuals and scripting (thanks to our Super Director Haruhi) and some would misunderstand it as the actual anime, and turns the channel / stops watching, while others would be left clueness until the last moment.

That's what I meant by "first-timer-watcher unfriendly".

Quote:
Oh about the Op, there was an interview with Haruhi's seiyuu that a friend of mine downloaded yesterday, while he was searching for the Episode on Share. Anyone knows if it's confirmed that the BGM from that interview is indeed, the Opening for Haruhi? It seemed like she was the one singing it
Go to the radio site: http://lantis-net.com/haruhi/radio.html
Check out the 5th meeting (dated 2006/3/3), you can hear the OP and ED there (OP comes in at about halfway, ED comes in near the end).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:04   Link #50
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

By the way, no one has yet mentioned that three seiyuus from "SHUFFLE!" are in "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu."

Kyon: Sugita Tomokazu (played Rin in "SHUFFLE!")
Asahina Mikuru: Gotou Yuuko (played Kaede in "SHUFFLE!")
Kyon's little sister: Aoki Sayaka (played Lisianthus in "SHUFFLE!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
The "opening" song is called "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu", written and composed by Suzumiya Haruhi, sung by Asahina Mikuru (Goto Yuuko).
And somehow Mikuru's off-key singing is addictive ww
I've ported the episode onto my iPod and found myself repeating the OP of "Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Ep. 00" as I commuted today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I wouldn't say that this show was "obscure." There was high anticipation since last year when Kyo-Ani stated that it will be doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
People who know nothing about the series wouldn't know that this is a movie made for the school cultural fair by the SOS-dan members in the story (sort of a show-in-a-show). They see the craptastic visuals and scripting (thanks to our Super Director Haruhi) and some would misunderstand it as the actual anime, and turns the channel / stops watching, while others would be left clueness until the last moment.
Yes. I wonder how many foreign fans will pass up this show by looking at this episode without learning that they were watching the SOS-dan amateur-video. However, the quality of the sakuga is still the trademark Kyo-Ani quality so I'm hoping that people will hang on to at least another episode.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-04-03 at 15:15.
Old 2006-04-03, 15:20   Link #51
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
And talking about music, the ED was alright. The song itself isn't any masterpiece, but it sure fits the moment, and the spirit of the series, but the video was awesome. Dancing Haruhi is MOE. Anyone got Gifs from their dances? That would be greatly appreciated!
I'm working on that but for now I only have this AV (look very slow and weird on iexplorer but fine on firefox)

I'm waiting for a better raw because is painful to work on a 120 fps one -__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Yes. I wonder how many foreign fans will pass up this show by looking at this episode without learning that they were watching the SOS-dan amateur-video. However, the quality of the sakuga is still the trademark Kyo-Ani quality so I'm hoping that people will hang on to at least another episode.
I admit that I didn't dropped the show after 2-3 minutes only because of Kyoto Animation. But now I'm completely addicted.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:32   Link #52
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Thanks Woland! A Friend just found this on 2chan, shame it's low quality.

Moe~ <3~
Old 2006-04-03, 16:14   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
....Yes. I wonder how many foreign fans will pass up this show by looking at this episode without learning that they were watching the SOS-dan amateur-video. However, the quality of the sakuga is still the trademark Kyo-Ani quality so I'm hoping that people will hang on to at least another episode.
I didn't know it was going to be a movie-within-an-anime, but I read the titles as they went by and it became clear. I did know what the SOS was, though, and basically who Haruhi was, so that probably helped. Any fansub has to find a way to translate those titles that allows people to get it right away.

What I don't get is people talking about low-quality animation. All they did was a few odd camera-angles and jokes. Otherwise, it was fabulous animation all the way through, wasn't it?

I'm slightly afraid that they won't be able to keep up this stellar level of humor when a real story has to be told, but I have confidence in the people doing it, based on this first episode, so I expect they'll manage.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:25   Link #54
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

The whole Ahahina Mikuru thing was so atrociously bad that it was impossible to believe it was the real thing. I mean, they even made the picture quality so bad-looking (compared to the last scene) that it was clear that they are lampooning indy films.

Quote:
What I don't get is people talking about low-quality animation. All they did was a few odd camera-angles and jokes. Otherwise, it was fabulous animation all the way through, wasn't it?
No, the quality was actually artificially degraded in the "main part". It was glaringly obvious if you compare it to the ending or the shots of the school that appeared after the "credits".
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:26   Link #55
Freakman

The show took about 8-10 minutes to get in. It did seem to me it was an amateur movie, but the tsukkomi wasn't too intense before the pond zombie scene, by which I was indeed laughing out loud.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:34   Link #56
CaiSter21

are any well known fansub groups going to sub this?
by well known groups i mean groups that have been in the "business" for a while
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:39   Link #57
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Thanks Woland! A Friend just found this on 2chan, shame it's low quality.
This one still is not that big quality but a bit better and... complete (I put together 3 sequence )

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/6...hi01mix2nm.gif

and I add a variante of previous one

Last edited by Woland; 2006-04-03 at 17:11.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:47   Link #58
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Neither do I. Perhaps they are talking about the graininess to show the effect that it was shot through a DV camcorder? That doesn't really mean the sakuga quality. I thought that it was high as with any other Kyo-Ani productions. Even though the shitty-amateur video was indeed very bad, the fluidity of Yuki's magician's robe in the wind, Itsuki's hand gestures and body language, background movements - you can tell that these were very high at the genga level.
Old 2006-04-03, 16:48   Link #59
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

If anyone has a minute and can answer this:
Spoiler for About the cat:
Thanks.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:54   Link #60
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes