AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 19:12   Link #61
bpc908
SOS Brigade Member

Here's mine....I guess.
http://nsider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=457833

Basically it's told in the same narrative as kyon would in the episodes and manga, the first couple chapters are like the anime so don't freak out about that.
Old 2009-07-14, 07:11   Link #62
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I may as well shamelessly promote my fic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994973/..._the_Suzumiyas

It's about Kyon moving in with Haruhi to avoid moving up north with his family. He meets Haruhi's parents in the process and...more misery comes for our favorite ordinary human. It's also a Haruhi/Kyon pairing fic.

I suspect that many of you will scutinize it much more hashly than most people on the site. That's fine with me. I just want to know what you guys think.

As for Wittyusername, I'll restate as I did in my review to your fic that it's an excellent one shot and a really good piece of work for a first time fanfic writer. So please do go ahead and write more.
I have to commend this one...this man is insanely talented. Read this.

And if anyone out there is still interested in mine, I'll update sometime during the weekdays.
Old 2009-07-16, 03:36   Link #63
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I have to commend this one...this man is insanely talented. Read this.

And if anyone out there is still interested in mine, I'll update sometime during the weekdays.
Thanks. ^^ I try my best. Three more reviews until it's the top Haruhi fic on FF.net...at least in terms of reviews.

I certainly hope people think it deserves it.

edit: Correction, six to go. I guess when I mentioned "The Melancholy of Kyon" in my author's notes, a few people decided to check it out and review it. That's okay. It's too bad the fic seems abandoned. It was pretty good. Not perfect, but far superior to most of the Haruhi stuff on FF.net.

Last edited by Jonbob0008; 2009-07-16 at 03:49.
Old 2009-07-16, 14:51   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is one of you writing a fiction where no one suffers through Endless Eight? I don't mean the cast, I mean the audiance.
Old 2009-07-16, 20:42   Link #65
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Is one of you writing a fiction where no one suffers through Endless Eight? I don't mean the cast, I mean the audiance.
Very funny. I don't know how good a fic about people not suffering would be though.
Old 2009-07-16, 21:20   Link #66
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Switch it around maybe. Have the watching be what is the endless loop, not the Haruhi episode.

Or if you really wanted it to be weird, have Yuki notice the viewer is looping. Her mind is outside of Time-Space....

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-07-16 at 21:46.
Old 2009-07-16, 21:36   Link #67
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... I would love to see the Goddess breaking the fourth wall like that...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-16, 23:26   Link #68
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I would love to see the Goddess breaking the fourth wall like that...
As long as she doesn't reach out and poke the readers which will make them laugh seven years later...

SZS ref there... go watch Zan episode 2!
Old 2009-07-16, 23:43   Link #69
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5194060/...aruhi_Suzumiya

Here's my first Haruhi story. It's more of a goofy metafiction, but it should still entertain.

It opens with a little Nightmare Fuel though, so be prepared.
Old 2009-07-18, 01:51   Link #70
Dat

Quote:

It's about Kyon moving in with Haruhi to avoid moving up north with his family. He meets Haruhi's parents in the process and...more misery comes for our favorite ordinary human. It's also a Haruhi/Kyon pairing fic.

I suspect that many of you will scutinize it much more hashly than most people on the site. That's fine with me. I just want to know what you guys think.

As for Wittyusername, I'll restate as I did in my review to your fic that it's an excellent one shot and a really good piece of work for a first time fanfic writer. So please do go ahead and write more.
This man is a genius
Old 2009-07-20, 23:28   Link #71
Zantetsuken

Quote:

Kyon : “I SWEAR TO GOD IT’S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!!”

LMFAO!!! Imagining Kyon saying that makes me laugh everytime.
Old 2009-07-21, 00:51   Link #72
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Glad you guys are liking it.
Old 2009-07-29, 19:41   Link #73
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently wrote a fanfic over on another message board site that crosses over The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya with a mid-90s anime known as El Hazard. As such, the title is "The El Hazard of Haruhi Suzumiya"

El Hazard was an anime about four humans from Japan (three teenagers, and one Sensei) getting transported from Earth to a very alien world known as El Hazard. This transportation occurred slightly after strange mysterious ruins where discovered underneath the school that the three students and one Sensei went to - these ruins revealed an ancient artificial life form known as Ifurita (a gorgeous but deadly 'demon god').

This struck me as precisely the sort of thing that Haruhi would investigate... and some of the El Hazard characters struck me as good foils for certain Haruhi characters (and vice versa). I should also point out that Haruhi ends up achieving one of her dreams in this fanfic - encountering a very alien race known as the Bugrom (very large insect-like creatures - perhaps they're what becomes of the cicadas that Haruhi keeps releasing )

Special warning: Strict Haruhi X Kyon shippers will probably not like this fanfic... you have been warned!

The fanfic is completed, and fairly long. It is entirely Kyon narrated however - I think some fans here might like that.

Here's a link:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=269068

Here's some added info on El Hazard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El-Hazard

And here's info on the two key El Hazard characters for this fanfic:

http://www.absoluteanime.com/el-hazard/jinnai.htm

http://www.absoluteanime.com/el-hazard/makoto.htm

El Hazard does have a lot of characters, though - if people want added info, please PM me.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:36   Link #74
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Question: Do you think Konata will cry when Endless Eight took that long?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:47   Link #75
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No. She'd be one of those looking for differences.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:15   Link #76
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Though, Kagami would probably be the one complaining about how Endless Eight was handled, though.

And wondering why Konata isn't mad about it...
Old 2009-07-31, 14:49   Link #77
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Well she got pissed when Nagato was doing nothing in the infamous episode.

somewhere in the rain

So I expected her to cry or something...
Old 2009-07-31, 19:40   Link #78
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She was pissed because they were cutting corners to save budget. Here they don't seem to be soing so, since they reanimate and revoice everything.

She might be tired of the looping, like many of us, but she's still watch and take note of the changes, quality, and other factors.

She's probably still buy the DVDs, though probably not in her usually three or four times for different uses habit. Buying just one for her collection reduces the amount sold to the Legendary Girl A by upwards of 75%.
Old 2009-07-31, 19:43   Link #79
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

XD I don't know what will make her cry in anguish (in the fic)... (I probably wrote in the airman lyrics that i'm modifying... Konata's gonna cry if Endless 8 won't end.....)

Endless 8 has probably 8 different directors...
Old 2009-08-01, 03:24   Link #80
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
XD I don't know what will make her cry in anguish (in the fic)... (I probably wrote in the airman lyrics that i'm modifying... Konata's gonna cry if Endless 8 won't end.....)

Endless 8 has probably 8 different directors...
Konata would most likely rant on how KyoAni is tugging at her heart strings with all this repetition on how it's ripping off otakus. Kagami would most likely agree, but then point out that she's falling into their trap by BUYING copies of the Endless Eight. (She buys everything and in quantities of 3) Then Konata would be all. "Well...I have to for some anime-based reason."
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction