AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-29, 09:33   Link #1001
Arturro

Page 8, Medaka says to Zenkichi:
Sorry for getting you involved in my way of doing things. You can return the arm band later."

Arm band are their symbol of position within studens council. Did she just told aother SC members to quit?

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 09:51   Link #1002
Sakuyakun

When everything fails and ratings is at near death, turn it into a battle manga. lol and that's from Bakuman :P
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:29   Link #1003
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The second prediction I wrote had Medaka surviving without a scratch and the others getting hurt, sending her into a rage, which was spot on.
Without a scratch? Medaka is getting pretty beat up herself >.>
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:37   Link #1004
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Heh, do you guys even actually read it though? Seems like every week you guys show up when there're only raws or even just spoilers out and try your hardest to draw the worst conclusions without understanding a speck of it.
It's like watching a trainwreck: you know it's disastrous but your eyes are fixed upon the burning inferno, unable to turn away from the impending doom.

Same thing that happened with Code Geass R2 but at least that one was funny to laugh at.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:49   Link #1005
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Without a scratch? Medaka is getting pretty beat up herself >.>
I was talking about the explosion. Her outfit was destroyed, but she was perfectly fine. I didn't see the wire thing coming. :P

Still, I can't figure out how they can cut through his skin with ease, but doesn't cut through the muscle. Seems a bit inconsistent. Maybe she's a cyborg with human skin.

@Arturro: I took it to mean that. However, she didn't demand it. She just said that "can" turn them in later. Chances are, Zen will stop her and they'll all forgive her and completely forget about the damage she caused to the school... even though people would probably see BOTH her and Unzen as monsters... if the other students in the school weren't complete morons anyway.
Old 2009-09-29, 12:12   Link #1006
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Still, I can't figure out how they can cut through his skin with ease, but doesn't cut through the muscle. Seems a bit inconsistent. Maybe she's a cyborg with human skin.
Not really, that's more of manga logic, because Gintoki from Gintama did the very same thing. It's just a ploy to make things seem more dramatic, you shouldn't take everything that happens in Medaka Box at face value, let alone try and put it up against standard laws of physics. After all, Anime/Manga logic =/= Human logic.
Old 2009-09-29, 12:46   Link #1007
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
she just went SSJ3 in a single chapter LMFAO, Medaka-chan is awesome, i dont care if the manga gets cut, just implant the art and medaka into some other JUMP manga pretty please
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:04   Link #1008
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
Same thing that happened with Code Geass R2 but at least that one was funny to laugh at.
R2 actually had some really good episodes and a great ending though.

...Medaka has nothing other than the oneshot. Sad, isn't it?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:06   Link #1009
Arturro

Quote:
@Arturro: I took it to mean that. However, she didn't demand it. She just said that "can" turn them in later...
I've a feeling that something is lost in translation. It's so unlike Medaka to allow her kennel to act independly IMHO she ordered them do return their arm bands, just she doesn't really care when they will do it. So the can choose time for returning arm bands.

A few posters are wondering why Medaka Box is popular among those people who, like me, complains about MB "plot". I don't know reasons of other people, but I like Medaka Box. Just as I like films like Braindead, Evil Dead, Return of Surfing Nazis and so on. In other words I like D class films, mangas, books etc. It's entertaining to watch/read something as crappy and grotesque as Medaka Box. Discussing with friends and other forum members about why it's so crappy is even more entertaining.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:09   Link #1010
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
I wonder why this thread and even more the manga still up till this day?, if only the scanlator drop this series and Otaku's didn't buy the tankobon, this manga will canceled immediately

If Medaka truly exist in our world, not even the Rock or Hulk Hogan dare to propose a marriage to her
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:04   Link #1011
Jourdal

Best line of the manga was Zen being happy that Medaka can get angry like the rest of us...love is truly blind
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:28   Link #1012
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I've a feeling that something is lost in translation. It's so unlike Medaka to allow her kennel to act independly IMHO she ordered them do return their arm bands, just she doesn't really care when they will do it. So the can choose time for returning arm bands.
Nothing was lost in translation, she did specify that they can give up the armbands. At that moment, Medaka was feeling guilty for dragging them into her business, so she felt that she had to do it all herself so she can keep her own "demonic" traits to herself and not have them be affected. However, she probably still felt that they should have the right to choose.
Old 2009-09-29, 17:34   Link #1013
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm loving this manga!

Medaka is awesome!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 20:25   Link #1014
AdventSleeper

Pulling an entire building...

I'd hire her instead of oxen to pull stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuyakun View Post
When everything fails and ratings is at near death, turn it into a battle manga. lol and that's from Bakuman :P
Maybe that's where the author got his idea from?
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:10   Link #1015
aahhsin

The more I read this thread, the more I believe that if Medaka was male, most critics will be loving this. However, since she's a female, she needs to have faults (or become a Mary Sue) and you guys hate it.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 03:35   Link #1016
FateAnomaly

I am fine with Medaka the way she is. So far i am ok with her somewhat optimistic? weird? way of thinking. She is at heart a nice person so i am on her side.

She is overpowered for her current enemies but Unzen said there are people who are a match for her. But if it becomes a battle manga, then she will still be the only person capable of fighting at that level unless the rest got some super power ups. I hope it doesn't go down this route.

However, Medeka-verse apparently isn't a mundane world. Unzen isn't worried about commiting murder when he use the explosives and there are super humans around. So i guess by now anything can happen.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 04:53   Link #1017
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
The more I read this thread, the more I believe that if Medaka was male, most critics will be loving this. However, since she's a female, she needs to have faults (or become a Mary Sue) and you guys hate it.
Supermales in manga's have more various emotions than just super rage you know. Also the lack of explanation why she can do the stuff she does. I mean we know why Narto can do stuff or Luffy even if those are crazy, but make sense in that universe. In Medaka her powers do not make any sense at all. Geniuses can't do all that stuff. Akune is a genius too but he can't do it, so why Medaka can?

I think if it would be revealed that Medaka is a cyborg she would be liked bit more, because then at least you could find some (no matter how retarded it may sound) sense in it. But so far it is just a complete nonsense non-stop.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 04:59   Link #1018
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Supermales in manga's have more various emotions than just super rage you know. Also the lack of explanation why she can do the stuff she does. I mean we know why Narto can do stuff or Luffy even if those are crazy, but make sense in that universe. In Medaka her powers do not make any sense at all. Geniuses can't do all that stuff. Akune is a genius too but he can't do it, so why Medaka can?
Personally i don't see why it matters much. Can't people just enjoy the ride without having to ask questions every second?
Old 2009-09-30, 05:05   Link #1019
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Personally i don't see why it matters much. Can't people just enjoy the ride without having to ask questions every second?
Some cannot.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 05:08   Link #1020
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Some cannot.
& just because they can't doesn't mean they can post so much hate in this thread. I've got nothing against people sharing their opinion because i like to hear what people have to say, though it's getting a bit old with the amount of people who hate on this title, and not give a reason behind it.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council