AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-08-15, 18:22   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I kinda want to gloat about being right regarding Oda not really giving a damn about following traditional Kabuki rules and ending the story with Act 3 (with no tragedy, except Yamato not joining...). It was just a gimmick he came up with because the story was set in NotJapan, that's all.
Old 2022-08-15, 20:12   Link #22
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Since Yamato will be staying in Wano (for the time being), maybe she will end up in Kuri as the new Daimyo? , the other thing, are there spoilers for Carrot? (on whether she will really become the new leader of Mink or will she hide in the Sunny again XD), maybe some of them would like the topic but at least I think it would be good if there was another woman in the crew.
Shh. Don't jinx it. Apparently, there's no Carrot in the chapter. That's good if you're a Carrot fan. Chapter 1058 will be the decider.
Old 2022-08-16, 17:07   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The full summary is out. And I mean really full.

Not much else to chew on, the short summary did a good job covering the important points. It's not outright said but if you read between the lines, it's strongly implied Yamato decided to stay to protect Wano (Luffy tells her he leaves things here in her hands). Personally, I'm completely ruling out a Jimbe situation.

Carrot's absence is indeed suspicious, but she's been so irrelevant throughout Wano I wouldn't be surprised if Oda thought a goodbye scene with her was unneeded. Only Tama, Momo, Kinemon, and Yamato got one on panel; all of them being the major characters of Wano.
Old 2022-08-17, 00:33   Link #24
Hoodspirit

I remember when Oda stuck to his themes, now it's "The Kurozumi were born to burn!", instead of A child bears no sins of their parents.
With this attitude they got Orochi in charge.

Thank goodness Wano is finally over.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 00:53   Link #25
foxbox360
New Age Badass

So much for Yamato joining the crew now, I'm kind of glad it didn't immediately because She needed some more development before joining. She hasn't got over calling herself Oden and she might come back to aid the Straw Hats in the final battle.
Old 2022-08-17, 07:21   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
I remember when Oda stuck to his themes, now it's "The Kurozumi were born to burn!", instead of A child bears no sins of their parents.
With this attitude they got Orochi in charge.

Thank goodness Wano is finally over.
Yeah, that line is very jarring. Hiyori learned nothing from the past.
Old 2022-08-17, 13:07   Link #27
Gerard07

In the end, did Zoro visit Ryuma's grave?, and the other thing, is nothing known about the skeleton that appeared in front of Zoro after his fight with King?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 17:23   Link #28
Homura7

Wano is an isolated country, so that speech Hiyori made is... not the least surprising. And it opens the door for further developments down the line, because I know Wano as a whole is still not over.

Quote:
In the end, did Zoro visit Ryuma's grave?, and the other thing, is nothing known about the skeleton that appeared in front of Zoro after his fight with King?.
He didn't. As I said above, Wano is still not over, it will be revisited in the future. Is not just Ryuma, there are quite a lot of things that have yet to be addressed even after all this time. The skeleton that appeared before Zoro is a result of him being at death's door.

Many people in this forum still do not get it. Oda no longer writes self-contained arcs. Wano's not over, just like Fishman Island is also not over. You can look forward to further developments in these countries in a not so far future.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 17:47   Link #29
Tuor

Well, I said that Yamato had no business deciding for herself to join the crew, and now it looks like she hasn't. However, Luffy has finally commented directly on the matter saying that he is open to the idea of her joining later. But it looks like she won't be going to Laughtale (or whatever they're calling it these days), unless there's another time skip in the story.

I agree that making Carrot the head of the Mink Tribe is... odd. But, whatever. If she goes along with it, then this is where her journey with the Straw Hats ends.

Looking forward to what the next arc brings. From here on out, I expect Luffy will have to deal with Admiral-level threats, at least. We should finally start seeing more answers to Big Picture questions (one of which we just got already in regards to Luffy's Devil Fruit).

Oda's course seems to be wavering some, but overall he still seems to be headed in the right direction, so I have high hopes for where things go next.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 18:50   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Wano is an isolated country, so that speech Hiyori made is... not the least surprising. And it opens the door for further developments down the line, because I know Wano as a whole is still not over.

He didn't. As I said above, Wano is still not over, it will be revisited in the future. Is not just Ryuma, there are quite a lot of things that have yet to be addressed even after all this time. The skeleton that appeared before Zoro is a result of him being at death's door.

Many people in this forum still do not get it. Oda no longer writes self-contained arcs. Wano's not over, just like Fishman Island is also not over. You can look forward to further developments in these countries in a not so far future.
I think you're giving Oda too much credit. Personally, I've more of the mind he didn't even realize the implication of Hiyori's line, and included it simply because he believed it was cool since it mirrors Oden's trademark line.

I seriously doubt he has any intention to make Momo and Hiyori morally gray characters. In fact, we were already told Momo will become a great Shogun.
Old 2022-08-17, 22:02   Link #31
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Some raw pics are out and once again people have rushed to a conclusion about the implications of Hiyori's line. What a surprise.

She is literally re-enacting the moment when Orochi was killed in a stage play. By Kurozumi she is only referring to Orochi. Would it have been more focused if she just said Orochi instead? Sure. But Kanon's probably got the right idea.

Man, OP fans are wild...

Quote:
In the end, did Zoro visit Ryuma's grave?
Quote:
He didn't. As I said above, Wano is still not over, it will be revisited in the future. Is not just Ryuma, there are quite a lot of things that have yet to be addressed even after all this time.
There was a small timeskip in Chapter 1056 so there is ample opportunity for Oda to include a flashback of Zoro visiting the grave during this time. Still, it remains an odd choice not to include this before the Straw Hats leave Wano.

Quote:
While I agree, this is not a satisfactory explanation for things that we had reasonable expectations to assume would be addressed before the end of the arc. Ryuma's grave being one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Carrot's absence is indeed suspicious, but she's been so irrelevant throughout Wano I wouldn't be surprised if Oda thought a goodbye scene with her was unneeded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
I agree that making Carrot the head of the Mink Tribe is... odd. But, whatever. If she goes along with it, then this is where her journey with the Straw Hats ends.
I was waiting to take a close look at exactly who was in the chapter before responding. The following major characters are missing: Carrot and the minks who will return to Zou, Hyogoro and the yakuza bosses, Caribou, Marco, Drake, Sukiyaki and Tsuru. Also, the last we see of Luffy, Law and Kid are them jumping off the waterfall. So this is very much a conclusion chapter for the majority of the people of Wano.

What does this mean for Carrot? Still no guarantees that she has stowed away on the Sunny, obviously. I'm definitely feeling more positive though. No goodbye? No acceptance of the role? Flawed justification for her even getting the role? No Zou minks in the final chapter? No toast for Jinbe finally joining? Its all very jarring

But it all comes down to one fundamental question: Does the sidelining of Carrot throughout the entire Wano Country arc negate all the time that was spent with her during the Whole Cake Island arc?

If your answer is yes, then none of this matters. Who cares if she didn't have an on screen moment saying goodbye to the Straw Hats. Her becoming leader of Zou is good enough, even if the justification and presentation of it is heavily flawed and bizarre.

If your answer is no, then all of this matters and it is all bizarre.

Last edited by OH&S; 2022-08-18 at 00:41.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 00:44   Link #32
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Some raw pics are out and once again people have rushed to a conclusion about the implications of Hiyori's line. What a surprise.

She is literally re-enacting the moment when Orochi was killed in a stage play. By Kurozumi she is only referring to Orochi. Would it have been more focused if she just said Orochi instead? Sure. But Kanon's probably got the right idea.

Man, OP fans are wild...
Nobody was rushing to a conclusion, the context was fully clear from the spoilers. It is just that bad.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 02:42   Link #33
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Nobody was rushing to a conclusion, the context was fully clear from the spoilers. It is just that bad.
Hold on.

<Quickly double checks.>

It's a pun. :/
Old 2022-08-18, 06:47   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Japan is complaining just as much, too.

"The Kurozumi were born to burn" -> implications they're all bad and their persecution was fully justified

It's very easy to fix:

"Kurozumi Orochi was born to burn" -> only Orochi is held accountable.

But as I said, I think it's an honest mistake from Oda. Might even be fixed in the volume version after all the feedback.
Old 2022-08-18, 12:55   Link #35
marvelB

Okay, summary updated! Well, I most certainly agree that Wano wasn't without its flaws, but I still enjoyed the ride while it lasted. But man, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I didn't catch on to the implication behind that Kurozumi line right away (even if it is a pun). But as Kanon said, Oda probably didn't realize it straight away himself and will probably fix it when it's reprinted in the volume release. I mean, if family background mattered all that much, then shouldn't we be demonizing like 90% of the cast for being related to outlaws or corrupt royalty/aristocrats?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 22:07   Link #36
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

This reminds me of how Kidd, Law, and Luffy went separate ways during Sabaody Archipelago when Kizaru arrived. Furthermore, I would say we may have some tranquility for the next arc.

iirc, Straw Hats next destination would be where Ace and Whitebeard were buried, wasn't it?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-18, 23:19   Link #37
itachi-san314

Well that was surprising if a bit anti-climactic. I wonder if Yamato being aboard would clash with what Oda has planned in the near future for the rest of the SHs?

While Wano was awesome even with its flaws, I'm also really ready to move on at this point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 06:42   Link #38
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I hate you, Oda

I don't know if Yamato is in Jinbei situation or Vivi situation but I have grown to love her and I'm sad to not seeing her in next arc.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-19, 08:09   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
iirc, Straw Hats next destination would be where Ace and Whitebeard were buried, wasn't it?
We don't know the next destination, and neither do they. That's how One Piece works, or used to work before the New World.

This is actually the first time since they entered the New World that they're following the Log Pose.

Punk Hazard -> they answered a call for help
Dressrosa -> Eternal Pose
Zou -> Vivre card
WCI -> Pekoms guided them
Wano -> Vivre card

We're finally going back to adventuring after over a decade.
Old 2022-08-19, 09:21   Link #40
grecefar

yeah I can see yamato being in the jinbei situation and will join in the next arc or so.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote