Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-09-09, 11:29   Link #21
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
The problem with Imu is that he (she? it?) ties into the overall Big Picture story- this involves the Void Century, the three Weapons, and so on. In other words, we just don't know how credible a threat Imu and all related parties will be right now.

Meanwhile, Blackbeard and Akainu have 100% proven they're Big Bastards.
I would say Luffy would handle Blackbeard, while the Marines would be possibly handles Akainu. Smoker, Fujitora, and probably Aokiji would settle the score with Akainu. Smoker owes a debt to Aokiji for rescuing him in Punk Hazard. Koby may also has a score to settle against Akainu, considering Akainu would forsake his own men for the sake of justice and he almost got executed by Akainu during Summit War.

In regards of Im, I would say it would be Revolutionaries to handle it. Dragon could settle the score with Im once and for all.

As for the new Pacifista. I'm very surprised. Vegapunk probably got a lot of DNA from Warlords or other ways. I hope we can encounter Vegapunk later.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 15:18   Link #22
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, it was explained why Yamato stayed in Wano, Hanconk's new reward and his encounter with Kurohige was shown and she was saved by Rayleig and the new PX similar to the Shichibukai was interesting, it is possible that there are also some of Kaido (it has been mentioned that he was captured several times and was in the same facility as King, maybe they took his DNA or something like that) or one of Kurohige (he was also Shichibukai even if it wasn't long), in order to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 18:23   Link #23
P_Dezz

this arc gonna be lots of little battles and scuffles.

some things I'd like addressed immediately:

-Weevil whereabouts and origin
-Shank's visit to 5 elders
-BM pirates vs WG, I'd like to see the outcome of that.
-Sabo's side of the story (probably has Vivi with him)
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 18:45   Link #24
itachi-san314

It feels good to read an interesting chapter like this and have no idea where the story is going. Wano was rushed at the end, but I'm glad we're onto these new paths, particularly with Coby and Blackbeard.

I'm not sure how to feel about the new Pacifistas looking like characters we know. I do like how they seem to be modded Lunarians, which follows nicely after King's race reveal. If one can take on Blackbeard's crew like that, then they will be pretty formidable for a while (until they're not )

The Yamato stuff is so awkward. I'm glad Oda just breezed by it. Her wanting to stay on Wano diminishes the growth that Momo made. He should be enough now for people not to worry, plus he's got the Samurai who are all extremely strong. They make it sound like Kaido's strength is common but there's very few people who could go to Wano and win against the Samurai. And if they're that strong, then they can probably beat Yamato too so it's a moot point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 18:46   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Luffy vs Blackbeard will be settled during the race to become Pirate King. And we already know Luffy becoming Pirate King won't be the end of the manga, the final arc will start after they find the One Piece and learn the truth of the Void Century, the meaning of the D, and all that stuff. I still say the Straw-hat's reaction to the One Piece will be completely different from that of the Roger pirates. Rather than laughing, they will be shocked and outraged.
Old 2022-09-10, 03:14   Link #26
The Small One

I am wondering how the Pacifistas look like the former warlords. Did they just model them this way (and they are basically robots) or are they some sort of clones? And if it's the latter, how did the marines get the genes of the warlords?

The other thing I wonder is: Who are they loyal to? Did vegapunk program them to take any order of any marine? Or just higher ups? Are they loyal to the marines or the World Government, or even Vegapunk him/herself?
I always wondered what exactly Vegapunks motivation is. (S)He was set up as the most intelligent person of the OP world. Does he believe in the goals of the world government or is he more of an opportunist like Ceasar and only works for them, because they provide him with the most freedom and ressources, so that he would willingly change sides if another group would seem better?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-10, 06:58   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I am wondering how the Pacifistas look like the former warlords. Did they just model them this way (and they are basically robots) or are they some sort of clones? And if it's the latter, how did the marines get the genes of the warlords?

The other thing I wonder is: Who are they loyal to? Did vegapunk program them to take any order of any marine? Or just higher ups? Are they loyal to the marines or the World Government, or even Vegapunk him/herself?
I always wondered what exactly Vegapunks motivation is. (S)He was set up as the most intelligent person of the OP world. Does he believe in the goals of the world government or is he more of an opportunist like Ceasar and only works for them, because they provide him with the most freedom and ressources, so that he would willingly change sides if another group would seem better?
They're definitely clones. Why would they make them look like kids? Hancock is easy to recognize but kid Mihawk isn't, we could only tell it was him because of the SBS. Not to mention the Lunarian traits.

Vegapunk is probably the most mysterious One Piece character. He was first mentioned like 500 chapters ago and he still hasn't been introduced. We have no idea what kind of man he is, only that he has better morals than the scum he used to work with (Caesar, Queen, Judge) and that he's somewhat honorable since he granted Kuma's final request.
Old 2022-09-12, 20:29   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Lot going down in this chapter for sure. Admittedly having Blackbeard take Coby (curious how that negotiation played out) does let him actually get involved in the story and potentially meet Luffy again. Something that wouldn't easily happen if he was just doing his job as normal.

And no shock that while Hancock could put up one heck of a fight, she couldn't get a win over Blackbeard. All the more so without having a good grasp of his power. Nerves of steel though. Even in a bad situation she still held her own and put pressure right back on him. He could kill her and take her fruit, but that wouldn't save his allies turned to stone. And while Blackbeard is pretty cruel, that would be a decent loss to him for a power that he probably can't make good use of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Although it was played as a joke, Hancock leaving the island to marry Luffy isn't a bad idea. Everyone would benefit. Of course, Luffy wouldn't agree so easily, unless we get a Dragon Ball situation.

But yeah, not gonna happen, I know.
Honestly there really is solid logic there. As the wife of a Yonko that will eventually become Pirate King that would extend pretty good protection to her people and homeland.

If it ever happens it does feel like something that will be more like a note in the epilogue of the franchise though. But if she does show up after chasing down Luffy that will be entertaining. Maybe she's the final Straw-hat!
Old 2022-09-14, 16:00   Link #29
necrolyte

Pretty damn good chapter. I am also quite glad that we are finally moving forward, can't wait to see how all these storylines will play out.
About BB capturing Kobi, it seems pretty story driven to me as I can't see anything BB will want from Kobi. IMO he is just a regular marine vice-admiral in his eyes, maybe even if he knows that he has strong observation haki, this is not something BB is looking for in his people but we will see I guess.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-15, 13:26   Link #30
The Small One

Reileigh said, that he will oversee the ordered retreat of all the attackers. Seems like this didn't really help Coby…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 01:47   Link #31
electricmastro

It took me a little while to realize why the case with Yamato and Momo ended up the way it did, and the conclusion I've come to is that Momo is being built up to eventually challenge Yamato to prove to her that he is capable of defending Wano on his own and further encourage Yamato to sail out not only to embrace her freedom at sea to the fullest, but to also accomplish her greater purpose of finding the answer as to why Wano should be opened, likely by going to Laugh Tale.

After Momo read the journal and realized the last page was missing, it left him concerned as to why his dad Oden would want to open Wano in the first place and then decided not to open Wano after that. So it's probably not that Momo is concerned about if he's able to open the borders, but why he should open the borders, and him wanting to surpass Oden would lead to him working hard on his bolo breath aiming and arnament haki usage, presumably trained by Hyogoro, in such a way so as to ultimately become a reliable enough defender. Maybe he'd even challenge Yamato to a fight after finding out she lied to him about why she stayed in order to prove to her once and for all that he has become reliable despite his past failure with the admiral. Would make for a nice parallel too in that just as Momo tried fighting Kaido to get him to leave due to him taking peoples' freedoms, he'd then fight his daughter Yamato to get her to leave due to him wanting his friend to live out her freedom at sea to the fullest.

I admit I'm not the biggest fan of how Oda had all this play out, but assuming he's doing all this for Yamato and Momo's benefit, as well as our benefit of not having our time wasted with Yamato's sailing narrative pushed as much as it was after all, then I think it would make the most sense in that case.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote