AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-09-15, 23:02   Link #21
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And again guys, we shouldn't forget about Caribou! Not only has he been eavesdropping on sensitive info since Fish-man Island, he most likely overhead Luffy announcing his dream this chapter, as well. He's pretty much a full-fledged Straw-Hat at this point!
It's settled then: Caribou > Yamato > Carrot

The deletion of Lulusia Island from history by that doomsday weapon (probably Uranus) is really interesting. It's very similar to the cover up of the Void Century. I think Oda's putting his own spin on our real world's resets
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 00:54   Link #22
WyrdMonger

I wonder if there’s a reason why Im didn’t use Uranus (if it is) on the Emperor’s territories or Dressrosa.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 09:13   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
And again guys, we shouldn't forget about Caribou! Not only has he been eavesdropping on sensitive info since Fish-man Island, he most likely overhead Luffy announcing his dream this chapter, as well. He's pretty much a full-fledged Straw-Hat at this point!
He stated he couldn't hear well from inside the barrel, and that was when everyone was shouting. I don't think he heard.
Old 2022-09-16, 10:27   Link #24
Homura7

I'm pretty certain marvelB is just kidding.

But anyway, Sabo just bore witness to Imu and consequently an entire island paid the price of his transgression. He'll be fine, but if there's something Imu made crystal clear is that he/she is not playing around.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 18:05   Link #25
Gerard07

A couple of questions that came to mind, does the crew know that Caribou is in the barrel? (If I remember correctly, the cannon is sealed with canedas on the outside, that is, Caribou couldn't do it alone), the other thing, Sabo is 2nd of the Revolutionary Army, shouldn't he know that he is dangerous? make a call without taking precautions? (I was referred to NOT having the white Den Den Mushhi which prevents the call from being traced.)
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 18:35   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
I'm pretty certain marvelB is just kidding.

But anyway, Sabo just bore witness to Imu and consequently an entire island paid the price of his transgression. He'll be fine, but if there's something Imu made crystal clear is that he/she is not playing around.
I know he was kidding about Caribou joining, but he might have thought Caribou did overhear since that's what he tends to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
A couple of questions that came to mind, does the crew know that Caribou is in the barrel? (If I remember correctly, the cannon is sealed with canedas on the outside, that is, Caribou couldn't do it alone), the other thing, Sabo is 2nd of the Revolutionary Army, shouldn't he know that he is dangerous? make a call without taking precautions? (I was referred to NOT having the white Den Den Mushhi which prevents the call from being traced.)
He's locked up. They know. Luffy is making good on his promise to get him out of Wano, but he never said he'd get a first class ticket.
Old 2022-09-17, 12:12   Link #27
Jmariofan7

Zoro’s logic when talking to Luffy about finding Vivi and repeating what Luffy said about Ace in Thriller Bark when the Vivre Card was burning this chapter is really faulty.

Firstly: He’s acting like Vivi and Ace are on the same level, Ace was a logia user and was a Yonko commander on Whitebeard’s crew and knew Haki, Vivi, while she did infiltrate Baroque Works, was a low level agent, and had no Devil Fruit or Haki training, she has gotten more athletic and stronger after the timeskip but isn’t on the same level as Ace was.

Secondly: When Luffy said that in Thriller Bark, HE WAS COMPLETELY WRONG, AS HE WAS COMPLETELY UNAWARE THAT ACE WAS CAPTURED, BEING HELD IN IMPEL DOWN AND GOING TO BE EXECUTED BY THE MARINES! Basically wasting precious time by not checking the news papers until hearing about it on Amazon Lily. Which Zoro is hugely forgetting.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-17, 18:41   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Zoro’s logic when talking to Luffy about finding Vivi and repeating what Luffy said about Ace in Thriller Bark when the Vivre Card was burning this chapter is really faulty.

Firstly: He’s acting like Vivi and Ace are on the same level, Ace was a logia user and was a Yonko commander on Whitebeard’s crew and knew Haki, Vivi, while she did infiltrate Baroque Works, was a low level agent, and had no Devil Fruit or Haki training, she has gotten more athletic and stronger after the timeskip but isn’t on the same level as Ace was.

Secondly: When Luffy said that in Thriller Bark, HE WAS COMPLETELY WRONG, AS HE WAS COMPLETELY UNAWARE THAT ACE WAS CAPTURED, BEING HELD IN IMPEL DOWN AND GOING TO BE EXECUTED BY THE MARINES! Basically wasting precious time by not checking the news papers until hearing about it on Amazon Lily. Which Zoro is hugely forgetting.
I never thought I'd see the day I'd see you criticize Oda's writing.

You raise very good points. Zoro's logic does make no sense, and it's even weirder that the others begrudgingly accepted it. Obviously there's no way to know how things would have played out if Luffy had gone to rescue Ace right away, but actually using that example to justify leaving Vivi to her own devices should have completely backfired on him given how things ended for Ace.
Old 2022-09-17, 23:24   Link #29
rladls2121

This Zoro's logic of his regarding Vivi really takes me back though.

Remember? Zoro is the only one who is not salty about leaving Vivi behind after Straw Hats left Alabasta. Zoro telling everyone that they should accept Vivi's decisions. Luffy back then insulted Zoro by calling him a "Four Sword User".
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 13:27   Link #30
WyrdMonger

I hust realized something.
Perhaps the reason why Oden wanted Wano’s borders was to use Pluton against Uranus.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 13:47   Link #31
Gerard07

I understand why they think that the weapon Imu used is URANO (it is the least known ancestral weapon and would explain the level of destructive power shown), but if the World Government and Imu already had that weapon before, why didn't use it before? (Depending on how they used it, perhaps they could have saved themselves a lot of the trouble they face now).
Is it possible that it has certain conditions to be used or limited uses? (If so, Imu is really antisocial enough to spend his uses on Sabo why did he see it?).
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 14:33   Link #32
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I understand why they think that the weapon Imu used is URANO (it is the least known ancestral weapon and would explain the level of destructive power shown), but if the World Government and Imu already had that weapon before, why didn't use it before? (Depending on how they used it, perhaps they could have saved themselves a lot of the trouble they face now).
Is it possible that it has certain conditions to be used or limited uses? (If so, Imu is really antisocial enough to spend his uses on Sabo why did he see it?).
To be fair, they probably want to keep Uranus under wraps so nobody finds out about it, using it in quick succession can draw attention to it, not to mention that you need the exact coordinates of a land mass for it to be used, not to mention that some land masses could be too big for Uranus to be used on without being discovered. Actually Tekking101 in his recent chapter made a good theory that we actually saw Uranus before, just before the time skip, he speculated that that unknown thing we saw lift up Bege’s ship when he first arrived in the New World might have been Uranus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never thought I'd see the day I'd see you criticize Oda's writing.

You raise very good points. Zoro's logic does make no sense, and it's even weirder that the others begrudgingly accepted it. Obviously there's no way to know how things would have played out if Luffy had gone to rescue Ace right away, but actually using that example to justify leaving Vivi to her own devices should have completely backfired on him given how things ended for Ace.
I have made criticisms before, just to myself, they are also pretty minor, Luffy and the others will probably be seeing Vivi again real soon, Zoro having bad logic is just a small thing.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 18:06   Link #33
Theia_Loki

Does anyone remember God's Valley, mentioned where Rocks met his end at Roger and Garp's hands? One of those Marines asked about God's Valley and the answer from Sengoku was that it doesn't exist on their maps and to not pry too much into it. I think now we have the answer as to what happened to it, especially if the WG (especially Imu) wanted to keep its existence covered up.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 08:28   Link #34
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
There are logical faults to be found, but it's not really a logical decision. It's about trusting their friends and family to not need rescuing until it's absolutely necessary. Rescuing an active crewmate is one thing because they're all on the same journey, but anyone not aboard the Sunny is playing out their own life story.

Vivi is of course weaker than Ace, but she's also smarter and has her own connections and methods to deal with tough situations. The SHs already don't believe the newspaper fully so they're aware they don't even know the whole story yet too
Old 2022-09-19, 18:32   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
There are logical faults to be found, but it's not really a logical decision. It's about trusting their friends and family to not need rescuing until it's absolutely necessary. Rescuing an active crewmate is one thing because they're all on the same journey, but anyone not aboard the Sunny is playing out their own life story.

Vivi is of course weaker than Ace, but she's also smarter and has her own connections and methods to deal with tough situations. The SHs already don't believe the newspaper fully so they're aware they don't even know the whole story yet too
Yes, but remind me what happened when Luffy decided to leave Ace alone when he knew he was in danger?

It would have been smarter to simply point out that they have zero leads as to where she could be. Unlike Ace, Sabo never shared his vivre card with Luffy, did he?
Old 2022-09-19, 21:10   Link #36
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Yes, but remind me what happened when Luffy decided to leave Ace alone when he knew he was in danger?

It would have been smarter to simply point out that they have zero leads as to where she could be. Unlike Ace, Sabo never shared his vivre card with Luffy, did he?
If I remember it, Sabo never shares his vivre card with Luffy. If it does, then the responsibility would go to Robin instead of Luffy (Since she's acquainted with Sabo).

The Straw Hats also didn't know how to produce one as Sabo is the one that procures Vivre Card for Luffy, meaning Sabo would keep an eye on Luffy and he knows how to make a Vivre Card.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 21:58   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
TBF Luffy did rescue Ace. Ace only died because of his pride
Old 2022-09-20, 12:43   Link #38
The Small One

Quote:
As for the Lulusia scene, yeah, I think I'd also lean on Uranus being what destroyed the country. Sabo was still on the island the moment the attack happened, but unless that doomsday weapon is powered by haki and/or sea stone, I think his logia body will guarantee his survival.
Even if Sabo survived the blast itself being a Logia User… it looks like the island was completely destroyed, so afterwards he would be on open sea, as a fruit user who isn't able to swim.
think it was especially interessting, that the elders let the wiretap operation end immediately as soon as Sabo mentioned things, which should keep secret even to the marines. You would expect them to have a special division, which is allowed to hear those things.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote