AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-09-10, 00:54   Link #1
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index 17
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: November 10, 2016
ISBN 978-4-04-892486-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
>He who holds the right hand is King.
>Kihara Yuiitsu has binded the hearts of over 100 girls in the Kamisato Faction and orders the death of Kamijou.
>Here is where Kamijou commences his counter attack.
>Now, go save Kamisato Kakeru.

MOD EDIT:
This is a thread to speculate about developments in Volume 17 of the Index NT Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Off-topic posting/shipping/"shitposting" = BAN

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-09-10 at 02:50.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 06:49   Link #2
mark1246

you know, this is like a remix of NT10 but instead of touma Vs the World its Touma & his faction (who ever is in the vol) versus the Kamisato faction! now I know where not gonna know all 100 girls of the kamisato faction and were probably gonna have fights of the kamisato girls we already now from NT14 go against touma group, the rest will probably be written to the side and wont have a action scene

unless it 400+pgs, i dont know how were gonna get the Kamisato faction under control, defeat Yuuitsu, & save kamisato in 1 vol so it probably gonna be a 5 parter (14-18) which the last part is save kamisato in his dimension & finally either get to the last arc with Aliester or another filler arc (which at this point i dont mind cause i bet kamachi want some story to have his old character show up, i mean does anyone still remember Itsuwa or any other girls from the Magic side in OT....it weird only the Science side OT character still make frequent appearances in the NT series

thanks

Last edited by mark1246; 2016-09-10 at 21:10.
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 11:49   Link #3
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I really hope this volume is good.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 19:48   Link #4
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
you know, this is like a remix of NT10 except it Touma & his faction (who ever in it this vol) versus the Kamisato faction! now I know where not gonna know all 100 girls, probably have fights of the girls we already against touma group, the rest will probably be written to the side and wont have a action scene

unless it 400+pgs, i dont know how were gonna get the Kamisato faction under control, defeat Yuuitsu, & save kamisato in 1 vol so it probably gonna be a 5 parter (14-18) which the last part is save kamisato in his dimension & finally either get to the last arc with Aliester or another filler arc (which at this point i dont mind cause i bet kamachi want some story to have his old character show up, i mean does anyone still remember Itsuwa or any other girls from the Magic side in OT....it weird only the Science side OT character still make frequent appearances in the NT series

thanks
It not really a 5 parter because each book had a different Main point NT14 was the Birdway Sister Problem. Well NT15 was Yuusitu Counterattack against Kamisato and NT16 main point was the Elements and Kamisato counterattack back against Yuuistu even if it ended in fail. NT17 seen more so to be the real start of Yuuistu Vs Touma and most likey building up to Yuuistu All Out War against Crowley/AC that Crowley right out dare her to do in NT15 after the problem which Kamisato and Mikoto is done which. Which will be the climax of the Current Story Arc and also thinking Laura will pull something at that time.
I still think that the Next Story Arc will not be the start of the final battle which Crowley I still think it will have to do which Angels and Demons like beings and Souls just because in both Railgun and Accel Manga both have a Current Plotline that have some huge point of these thing at the core of the plot. I think what he doing in Railgun and Accel Manga is foreshadowing for what the next Story Arc in Index will be about.
I also think time will play a role in the next Story Arc too.

By Story Arcs I mean 10 books like the size of the GRS Arc was going to be before the last book of said Arc was made into 2, not counting the SSs and the size of the Gremlin Arc being 10 books.

Also why do you want to count NT14-18 to be a five parter?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-10, 21:12   Link #5
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post

Also why do you want to count NT14-18 to be a five parter?
Cause we been dealing with the Kamisato problem for at least 4 vol now and always getting reminded from Othinus to not trust him ....like constantly. Also he like almost a major focus through out the volumes
Old 2016-09-13, 12:45   Link #6
vixyw

It has a release date already? That was faster than I was expecting...

Okay, then what to expect in this volume:

- Tsuchimikado whereabouts (probably there won't be no news about him yet, but I'll keep that on the list until his current condition is confirmed in details);
- Yuiitsu/Aleister attack against Mikoto (she is the last target left now that Kamisato is out of the table, which leads to the next point);
- Mikoto's breakdown (I wonder if the 2 mentioned above are going to get her before the AAA damages her really bad...);
- The heatwave (The Elements are gone, so it should have stopped as well... but that depends on where exactly this volume starts. If it's right after the last one ended, the heat will be still there at least in the beginning).
- Touma stealing another girl from Kamisato's harem (we know it's gonna happen... the flag was raised when he fell into that pool);
- Touma's friends reaction after knowing he was alright... and with another girl (Fukoda moment detected)
- Decisive battle between Touma and Yuiitsu (pls do punch her in the face, crush her illusions, make her realize she was wrong and bring her nerfed version to your side. Just like the good old times)

I guess that's about it, besides any unpredictable thing that Kamachi might pull out. One thing is certain though, lots of action against Kamisato's faction.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 22:45   Link #7
Tenzen12

Nah Kamisato harem will definitely stay intact, best we can expect is getting some more reading with with imouto.
Old 2016-09-14, 14:38   Link #8
Stro

I think that Necessarius will appear to help Touma.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 14:50   Link #9
LevelSeven

^if they didnt show up until now why would they appear now?
Index isnt in direct danger and kamisato.....not sure how close their connection is :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 14:51   Link #10
Chosen_Hero

Damn that was fast.

^^If anyone from Necessarius is going to help it would be the Amakusa bros... unless they are still mourning Tatemiya. But seriously, I only see those that have been involved so far being the ones helping so they will have to wait until Touma goes to England.
Old 2016-09-14, 18:23   Link #11
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
I think that Necessarius will appear to help Touma.
I don't see why they would show up. This is mostly a science side problem and what little magic is involved doesn't concern them.
Old 2016-09-14, 18:54   Link #12
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I don't see why they would show up. This is mostly a science side problem and what little magic is involved doesn't concern them.
The only way Necessarius will start moving is if Laura start something like trying to get the prove that Crowley is the Crowley from 100 years ago. We know at least Laura know he Crowley but the whole Magic Side still does not.
Old 2016-09-14, 22:17   Link #13
Stro

Quote:
The creation of the Elementals broke the Magic-Science Treaty so is possible that Necessarius intervene.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 23:31   Link #14
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Using magic during her chase of Touma in the open is reason enough.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 02:53   Link #15
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Wait... I have a question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary
He who holds the right hand is King.
>Kihara Yuiitsu has binded the hearts of over 100 girls in the Kamisato Faction and orders the death of Kamijou.
>Here is where Kamijou commences his counter attack.
>Now, go save Kamisato Kakeru.
So... does this mean that Kamisato actually has over 100 girls in his faction, as opposed to just 100. Cause if not, then that might imply something about Fran? Though, I think it is more likely that it means that he has over 100 girls in his faction.

I still think it is pretty ridiculous that 100 girls came to like him so much in such a short timespan lol. Would have felt more reasonable if it were 25 or something, but if explained properly, then as always, I won't mind and will appreciate it.

Touma got 10,000 girls after 3 volumes after all.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 03:26   Link #16
DragonXX

I think the Current Story Arc will end on Dec.12-13. When do you think the Current Story Arc which Yuuistu will end?
Old 2016-09-22, 09:12   Link #17
vixyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I think the Current Story Arc will end on Dec.12-13. When do you think the Current Story Arc which Yuuistu will end?
Y'know, this arc is basically a new villain appearing out of nowhere, pulling the carpet under the previous one and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if she got replaced by someone else before the arc ends... but I can't actually think of anyone capable of doing so.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 09:33   Link #18
LevelSeven

^a new person.....Laura
Old 2016-09-22, 09:55   Link #19
entei08

If WR can return stuff from the new world to an extent like Nuada's arm, would this somehow relate with how Touma will get Kamisato back? Either forcing Yuiitsu to do it or cutting it off and have someone else(likely himself) do it. Though this just opens more problems. HOW to get Yuiitsu to cooperate (very unlikely), or find someone that WR accepts and won't get blown away, and if this method can even bring back an entire person.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 12:02   Link #20
LevelSeven

^mostlikely the chances are that yuuitsu will change her mind after being punched...

other than that i can only foresee a new threat appearing and destroying her while bringing kamisato back for some other reason (best person i can think of: laura, she already had a deal/connection with kamisato so her appearing and curpstomping yuiitsu with the additional kamisato comeback seems the mostlikely to happen option),

and as cliffhanger, kamisato has WR back but she takes index to england, than kamisato and touma must save her >_>