AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-10-04, 19:36   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1062 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Adventure in the Land of Science". In the ministory, Chocola Town gets frozen in ice.

-There's mix of excitement and confusion as the crew meets Vegapunk. However, Robin is the most skeptical about this young woman being the legendary genius. The woman confirms her suspicions, identifying herself as Vegapunk Lilith. She intends to rob the pirates of their valuables to use as research funds, and brings out a host of robotic beasts! However, she gets contacted by another "Vegapunk", this one called Shaka, who warns her to not take the Straw-Hats lightly. Shaka wants to meet up with the crew....

-Elsewhere, back to Luffy's group, we discover Bonney's motive in coming to Egghead: She seeks Vegapunk because the scientist was the one who converted her father, BARTHOLOMEW KUMA, into a war machine! Depending on the answers she gets, she may even kill the scientist! Interestingly, Bonney notes that she visited Egghead before in her childhood, but back then it was a more "normal" research lab.... yet now they're walking into what seems to be a futuristic city, complete with giant robots and what looks like an alien dragon! Luffy tries to touch the creature, but he ends up passing through it, quite literally. The group also discovers a buffet of food, but they can't touch that either, as it's also holographic! The group soon encounters another "Vegapunk", this one resembling a little girl (though giant in size). Luffy attacks her, thinking she's a hologram, but she knocks him into another strange machine.... this being one that automatically cooks food. As Luffy and co. start chowing down, this Vegapunk, known as Atlas, starts explaining some of the tech, but also complains about lack of funds. However, Bonney, who's already familiar with the good doctor, knows that something's up here.....

-Meanwhile, out at sea, a government ship is headed towards Egghead..... this one occupied by CP0 agents Lucci, Kaku, and Stussy. Kaku explains that since Vegapunk is so busy these days, the scientist built SIX spare bodies to aid in research. They have the respective names of Shaka, Lilith, Edison, Pythagoras, Atlas, and Yohwa. CP0's mission is to return the Seraphim they have on tow (which is based on Kuma) to Egghead.... then kill every last one of the Vegapunks!!! As Kaku warns his colleagues not to damage the tech, Lucci wonders if their mission is connected to the recent Lulucia incident.....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-10-06 at 15:30.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-04, 19:59   Link #2
patnam

wait, there are SIX Vegapunks and wonder which one is the original Vegapunk...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-04, 20:16   Link #3
Gerard07

Thanks for the spoilers! About the chapter, Kuma is Bonney's father, was it the one he cried for in the Mariford War 2 years ago? (I thought it was because of Ace or Shirohige, although that is not confirmed yet), the 6 Vegapunks found him fine but, the CP0 has orders to kill Vegapunk?, why?, did he discover something that he shouldn't or is no longer necessary?, I think it's bad for the World Government and the Navy to lose their scientific genius, and personally I think that This raises a flag that Vegapunk goes over to the Mugiwara or the Revolutionary Army, well, wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-04, 20:59   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh, this. I think after re-watching Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw, I think I got a gist of it.

Vegapunk's existence may deem too dangerous for the WG to let him live. As such, killing Vegapunk may be necessary to keep his technology a secret from the public.

I think there could be a new simp for those who fail to acquire Carrot or Yamato as new nakama. If Vegapunk's younger days join Straw Hats, what are the odds?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 07:34   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Bonney is the princess of the arc.

Hoping for a Luffy vs Lucci rematch, with Luffy one shotting him. I almost feel sorry for CP0. Even with the Kuma seraphim (why is he an adult?), they stand no chance whatsoever.
Old 2022-10-05, 11:50   Link #6
Galaxian

Six Paths of Punk!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 12:41   Link #7
Ramero

Hmm... I hope to see a rematch between:
Luffy vs Lucci
Kaku vs Zoro

If Seraphim can betray creators, I smell something fishy here. The odds was small to have Seraphim disobey its creator.
Old 2022-10-06, 13:05   Link #8
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Hmm... I hope to see a rematch between:
Luffy vs Lucci
Kaku vs Zoro

If Seraphim can betray creators, I smell something fishy here. The odds was small to have Seraphim disobey its creator.
I hope those two agents did some training over the timeskip because Current Luffy could solo all of them.
Old 2022-10-06, 15:53   Link #9
marvelB

Pardon the lateness, but OP updated! My goodness, quite a bit to digest here.... so we indeed have confirmation that Vegapunk built other versions of himself (and hey, one of them is a loli, after all ).However, it looks like Bonney is already familiar with the original since she was so suspicious of Atlas. Just where could the "real" Punk be hiding, then...?

As for CP0, as soon as I saw the first spoiler say they were ordered to assassinate the doctor, I had a pretty good hunch that the Lulucia incident was connected somehow. Glad to see that Lucci confirmed my suspicions, heh. As for whether or not the three of them will be taken out easily, I can't really be too sure of that.... obviously, they won't be at Kaidou's level, but the former CP9 agents should still be much stronger now when compared their pre-skip selves. Heck, there's even a good chance that Lucci's stronger than the current Who's Who (who was also considered to be at Lucci's level, remember). Also, I don't think the Kuma Seraphim is an adult.... looking at his face, he seems much younger than the "real" one. I think he was just THAT big as a kid is all, heh. Not really all that surprising, since we've seen huge kids before (Big Mom, Kaidou, those Punk Hazard kids, just about any child from the giant race, etc.). Plus, Lucci even referred to him as a "brat", so....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-06, 17:45   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't doubt Lucci has gotten stronger, but Luffy is just on a different level now. It'd be bullshit if he could actually hold his own against him. I really can't see them as a threat, even with the Seraphim.
Old 2022-10-06, 18:55   Link #11
grecefar

Unless luffy can't access the gear 5 for some reason, he is too strong indeed.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-06, 23:53   Link #12
Ramero

As for the side story, I was wondering what Aokiji is doing at Big Mom's territory. I'm sure he's looking for something when turning Chocolat town into such.

For CP0, the question is who is the CO. Last time is Rob Lucci that becomes a CO (Commanding Officer) for CP9.
Old 2022-10-07, 00:01   Link #13
Rainbowman

Shaka, Lilith, Edison, Pythagoras, Atlas, and Yohwa. If I didn’t know any better, those names sound like they are based on historical scientists and inventors. 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-07, 06:52   Link #14
grecefar

Well it's not like nami, ussop, brook, franky and sanji act like idiots to make the enemy let their guard in a sense of security but it does work that way it seems lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-07, 08:48   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for 1062:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-07, 12:14   Link #16
Homura7

Luffy got so angry at the hologram food he almost went Gear 5 by accident

I'm already enjoying Bonney's company a lot what with her being more important than she let it on and sharing a single braincell with Luffy when it comes to food
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-07, 12:48   Link #17
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, well surely soon we will meet the real Vegapunk, and it is also possible that we will have a Luffy vs. Lucci and Zoro vs. Kaku again, although taking into account the power-up they had in Wano, I think the result is quite clear, Well, waiting for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 17:49   Link #18
itachi-san314

Good thing Cipher Pol was there to deliver that exposition

So I guess Bonney is now ruled out as Luffy's mom. Unless Kuma is Luffy's other Grandfather?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-10, 15:12   Link #19
necrolyte

Quite good chapter. I wasn't expecting Luffy to meet with Vegapunk so early but it is a welcomed surprise. About Bonney, I am expecting her to join the strawhats somehow, if not as a crewmember maybe as another fleet commander.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-10, 18:24   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
Quite good chapter. I wasn't expecting Luffy to meet with Vegapunk so early but it is a welcomed surprise. About Bonney, I am expecting her to join the strawhats somehow, if not as a crewmember maybe as another fleet commander.
We know little about her, it's impossible to tell if she'll remain a rival like all the Worst Generation members Luffy has encountered, or if she'd be willing to work under him.