AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-10-31, 17:26   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1065 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

We're back from the break! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Six Vegapunks". Splash is a color page promoting Film Red.

-The chapter starts on the Sunny, where we see Zoro and Brooke hanging out with Caribou. The swordsmen note that since they're on a government island, they'll need to stay on standby in case the rest of the crew gets captured. Meanwhile, Sanji's group accompany Vegapunk Lilith on a tour of the lab. However, they soon have a surprise encounter with.... a Jinbei Seraphim! The group has a brief scufle with the Pacifista while the fight is being watched by Vegapunk Edison, who's a robot. We're also introduced to Vegapunks Pythagoras (another robot), and York, the latter of whom is a woman who eats meals for the robots, and seems to have her dietary habits recorded. Back to the battle, it ends up getting interrupted by Vegapunk Shaka, who introduces himself to the group.... though he notes that he doesn't fully trust pirates. He proceeds to reveal to them that Egghead isn't actually the island of the future, but rather, the past. That's because the island's advanced technology is based on the tech that was once used in the Ancient Kingdom 900 years ago! And on that note, the chapter ends with Luffy's group encountering some ancient robots.....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-11-03 at 12:54.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-31, 18:10   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-It's revealed that Egghead isn't actually the island of the future, but rather, the past. That's because the island's advanced technology is based on the tech that was once used in the Ancient Kingdom! And on that note, the chapter ends with Luffy's group encountering some ancient robots.....
That makes me all the more excited to find out about the Void Century. I still say DFs were man-made by them, and I'd say Vegapunk reviving ancient technology instead of creating brand new new things makes it more likely.
Old 2022-10-31, 19:50   Link #3
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers, it is possible that we know a little about the Empty Century in this chapter (and in this saga), although the bad thing is that apparently there will be no spoilers for Law vs Kurohige (hopefully Oda does not make us wait for the end of the saga to to know how it all ended), to wait for the chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-31, 20:28   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I feel like this'll be a place where Nico Robin would be in the brightest spotlight. The Void Century and pre-World Government. She definitely has a lot of work to do.

I would be surprised if we actually found the last Road Poneglyph here.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-31, 23:38   Link #5
WyrdMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That makes me all the more excited to find out about the Void Century. I still say DFs were man-made by them, and I'd say Vegapunk reviving ancient technology instead of creating brand new new things makes it more likely.
I've too suspected the Ancient Kingdom created the Devil Fruits as well. I've also suspected they made the other races.
But I never suspected they had futuristic technology. Just perhaps some odd "techniques" used to create DFs, the various tribes, and the ancient weapons.

You know the World Nobles often brag they have the blood of the world's creators. I'm starting to have the theory that these creators may have created more then the World Government. As in, they have drowned the old world.

But I think having the One Piece world actually be our world in the future might be a somewhat shark jumping move.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-01, 08:33   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
I've too suspected the Ancient Kingdom created the Devil Fruits as well. I've also suspected they made the other races.
But I never suspected they had futuristic technology. Just perhaps some odd "techniques" used to create DFs, the various tribes, and the ancient weapons.

You know the World Nobles often brag they have the blood of the world's creators. I'm starting to have the theory that these creators may have created more then the World Government. As in, they have drowned the old world.

But I think having the One Piece world actually be our world in the future might be a somewhat shark jumping move.
Yeah, I certainly didn't think they had futuristic technology either. The only hint was the ancient weapons (minus Poseidon who is a person).
Old 2022-11-01, 14:50   Link #7
Homura7

That revelation explains a lot of things, but I'm not in awe as you because I always had this suspicion.

The Den Den Mushi is a prime example. Using wild living snails as communication devices and other uses like projecting light screens for live streaming. That kind of technology was too far advanced in a 16th century setting. It's no wonder the WG has issued the order to terminate Vegapunk, he knows too much.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 08:12   Link #8
patnam

hold it...
one of the Vegapunk is one of the techno duo from France...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 13:02   Link #9
marvelB

Okay, OP updated! Huh, I wonder if the other Vegapunks are themselves some sort of specialized Pacifistas? Some like Edison and Pythagoras are completely robotic in appearance, but then we've got ones like Lilith and York who look much more human (Atlas sorta looks like something in between, IMO). And we still have no idea where the "main" Vegapunk's body is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
hold it...
one of the Vegapunk is one of the techno duo from France...
I suppose you could say that particular Punk is rather..... Daft?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-03, 15:55   Link #10
Rainbowman

So with the six vegapunks, we got 3 males (Shaka, Edison, and Pythagoras) and 3 females (Lilith, Atlas, and York). Can’t wait to see them in color as a complete rainbow. 🌈
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-04, 12:39   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, York's only purpose is to sleep, eat, and shit for the other five. Not sure how it works.

Seraphim Jimbe has Señor Pink's powers which allows him to swim and use Fishman karate on the ground. Franky recognized the ability. I guess the others most likely have DF powers as well. They were already looking pretty dangerous but now it's even worse. This also means Vegapunk started taking samples from the Warlords before the timeskip, so Crocololi is looking more and more likely.
Old 2022-11-04, 19:49   Link #12
itachi-san314

Hahaha, Oda just went straight for the Daft Punk homage after all

Quote:
Just like IRL with "inventors" like Tesla imho. I'm sure he and others were geniuses, but they were mostly reverse engineering the tech that was left lying around after the last world reset. Oda's going to keep dropping esoteric truth bombs in these final arcs. I'm sure the Im story will be full of them
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 12:45   Link #13
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
So, York's only purpose is to sleep, eat, and shit for the other five. Not sure how it works.

Seraphim Jimbe has Señor Pink's powers which allows him to swim and use Fishman karate on the ground. Franky recognized the ability. I guess the others most likely have DF powers as well. They were already looking pretty dangerous but now it's even worse. This also means Vegapunk started taking samples from the Warlords before the timeskip, so Crocololi is looking more and more likely.
I was trying to remember who’s DF ability that was, thanks for mentioning it. So was the Seraphim in chapter 1059 that wielded a sword fighting Blackbeard, Mihawk as a child? Super interesting development that we’re gonna see all of the Shichibukai as Seraphims. Makes a lot of sense why the world govt abolished the Shichibukai now. I Can only imagine how strong they’ll be when fully grown.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 19:42   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I was trying to remember who’s DF ability that was, thanks for mentioning it. So was the Seraphim in chapter 1059 that wielded a sword fighting Blackbeard, Mihawk as a child? Super interesting development that we’re gonna see all of the Shichibukai as Seraphims. Makes a lot of sense why the world govt abolished the Shichibukai now. I Can only imagine how strong they’ll be when fully grown.
Yes, it was Mihawk. We could tell because Oda had drawn all the Warlords as children in a SBS.

I wonder what the final line-up will be. I'm assuming it's going to be the original seven, with Vegapunk not having had enough time to makes ones for BB, Buggy, Law, and Weevil. I think a Kaido seraphim is very likely though, given how much time he spent being studied.
Old 2022-11-06, 14:33   Link #15
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, a robot with Jinbei's wings appeared, I suppose there must also be one of Doflamingo (perhaps Crocodile) but I wonder if also of Law or Kurohige (they were not the Shichibukai that held that title the longest, but who knows with Oda will come out), there will also be one of Kaido (he was captured by the navy, maybe they also took his DNA or something), and about the island of the past it looks interesting, maybe soon we will know something about the empty century, to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote