AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 21:57   Link #1661
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Utterly hilarious. And indeed the prevailing theories were pretty much right. Kinda sad to see the flirtatious affection vanish though. I wonder how long it will take for the Dark Flame Master to penetrate that sweltering forest of pretty arrogance and win her heart for real.

On another note, DFM Yuuta's sister's in 7th grade, right? Wonder what he'd say if sometime within the next year or two she developed symptoms... Who's to say it can't catch.
Doubtful she'll ever look at Yuuta that way, she'll probably spend the rest of the series bickering with Dekimori as a comedy duo.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:00   Link #1662
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I didn't notice before, but it's really funny how the relevant characters of this class are all in the same column.
This is one of the few high school anime where the main character isn't in the last row near the window, btw.

I love how this show keeps homaging other popular anime, I wish there was some sort of list, because I'm certainly missing a lot, but I still recognized the dragon slave incantation from the first line

Shinka sure gained a lot of depth in this episode. The scene where she tried to act nonchalantly after Yuuta saw how she completely messed up his room was absolutely hilarious.

Also her reaction after Yuuta confessed his past
It's sad how Yuuta's romantic dreams have been completely crushed right after being given so much hope.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:02   Link #1663
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Also her reaction after Yuuta confessed his past
It's sad how Yuuta's romantic dreams have been completely crushed right after being given so much hope.
Mah, he always had his doubts so I don't think it was that devastating
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:03   Link #1664
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

And there goes my image of nibutani being a good girl. I'm calling yandere... *raies shield*

Her 180 turn pissed me off. I hate false people, and she strikes me as a girl who'd do anything for Their benefit. Sh still is as good looking as a top model though.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:11   Link #1665
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Well atleast in "crushing his illusions" © she also took the time to make him pretty much lose intrest at the same time. This way he wasn't too beat up over it.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:16   Link #1666
prettyboy9999

Yeah I don't want Yuuta and Nibutani. I want Rikka. Every fight scene in this anime is excellent quality. BTW I like the old OP style.
prettyboy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:16   Link #1667
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Even Dark Flame Masters are human as well damnit! Don't judge us !!!!
Dark Flame Masters: Ero-hon? what's that? i mainly conducting research of woman strange hemispherical object that attached to their chest. There is possibility that i can use it as a weapon!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:32   Link #1668
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Dark Flame Masters: Ero-hon? what's that? i mainly conducting research of woman strange hemispherical object that attached to their chest. There is possibility that i can use it as a weapon!

I don't believe that! This episode shows that even Dark Flame Masters are prone to send ridiculously embarrassing love confession text messages !
Old 2012-10-24, 22:36   Link #1669
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I find it hilarious (and kind of sad) that I can kind of relate to how Nobitani and Yuuta react to their old selves. I do often the same thing once I recall something really embarassing (most of the time, sadly)

Arty

Old 2012-10-24, 22:38   Link #1670
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Calling it now... Shinka as my favourite character.

Had a mini-take when Sanae started her Dragon Slave incarnation, since it was so familiar to me (and who didn't fantasise about Dragon Slaving their school when they were one?).

Watching all the self-inflicted torture was hilarious.

Old 2012-10-24, 22:42   Link #1671
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
I don't believe that! This episode shows that even Dark Flame Masters are prone to send ridiculously embarrassing love confession text messages !
of course his true intention is to research her

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:42   Link #1672
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Doubtful she'll ever look at Yuuta that way, she'll probably spend the rest of the series bickering with Dekimori as a comedy duo.
I certainly hope not. She needs a chance to be happy. She could at least become friends with Yuuta. Though I seriously hope Yuuta has the guts to retort the next time Shinka starts insulting him. In any case, this so far has the makings of a harem if not at least a shool-life club story, which means she should at least accept him as a good guy eventually even if she doesn't fall for him.

Really though, I think he should call her out at some point for a serious discussion and just tell her that, like it or not, they're in the same boat and should help each other survive, most likely by finding a way to pull those two out of the 'water' as well. True, Shinka is doomed to be paired for a while with Dekomori; just like Yuuta can't be normal unless he finds a way to fix Rikka, Shinka has no choice but to cure DM.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:47   Link #1673
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Harem? Not on my watch. Sanae is not even on any remote list of potential romance. Chuu2 number 1 is the only real choice besides Nobitani.

Nobitani... *drool* But yeah, she acts all cute and innocent but she really is the worst of the bunch.

Beware fellow AS dwellers, I know a bunch of those IRL. They are literally the worst people to exist. If it looks too good, it probably IS too good to be real.

Her 180 twist is not THAT unexpected to me and it'll take a LOT of honest work from her part (The writer making her work, of course) to at least re-gain my interest besides being a pretty face.

Arty

Old 2012-10-24, 22:51   Link #1674
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I certainly hope not. She needs a chance to be happy. She could at least become friends with Yuuta. Though I seriously hope Yuuta has the guts to retort the next time Shinka starts insulting him. In any case, this so far has the makings of a harem if not at least a shool-life club story, which means she should at least accept him as a good guy eventually even if she doesn't fall for him.

Really though, I think he should call her out at some point for a serious discussion and just tell her that, like it or not, they're in the same boat and should help each other survive, most likely by finding a way to pull those two out of the 'water' as well. True, Shinka is doomed to be paired for a while with Dekomori; just like Yuuta can't be normal unless he finds a way to fix Rikka, Shinka has no choice but to cure DM.
I doubt Shinka is interested in curing Dekimori and would be more willing to quietly murder her if she wasn't stumped for a place to hide the body....

Shinka and Yuuta will more likely become friends after they have a chance to get to know each other more since they'll have something to be mutually exasperated at.

Sadly though right now Yuuta is just a means to an end to Shinka and discarded just as fast once the purpose is served, she's fully focused on her own problems and nothing else.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:23   Link #1675
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just like how Ami eventually fell for Ryuji, I half expecting that route for Shinka...heh.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:29   Link #1676
The Green One

It might be interesting to see Shinka develop feelings for Yuuta but only after he's gone to far and deep with Rikka to turn back anymore and she ends up regretting her "missed chance"
Old 2012-10-24, 23:30   Link #1677
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well I wasn't really suprised by this 180 ° character turn.
She started pretty much like Yuuta - suddenly attention w...

It is however really notable how she looked at him before she overheard the conversation and how afterwards - sudden change of heart.

And yeah if she starts insulting him he should snort back...
Though if she is angry with him just one time all his new friends, even 'Mr I'm back from my school days death,' will probably start disliking him.

Taking into account how I agree on her using everything to her advantage I'd say nothing better could have happened to Yuuta than Dekomori having several hundred copies, otherwise she'd probably start making fun of him to distract attention in that regard from herself.
Sry to all who like her but her bahavior until now pretty much points that this would happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a point like that to add some drama either.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 23:33   Link #1678
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Just like how Ami eventually fell for Ryuji, I half expecting that route for Shinka...heh.
At the very least, she'll gain an appreciation for him as a person .

I thought this episode was hilarious. Pretty much every moment with Rikka was funny and Yuuta's reactions to Shinka's personality shift were funny too. I actually like Shinka's personality better this way to be honest, because she actually feels more like a character than an ideal of Yuuta's. She's abrasive, but it's not like she's unreasonably so. She doesn't actually want to interact with these people, especially because Dekomori keeps reminding her of Mori Summer.

I'm glad Dekomori was added now. I didn't like her at first, but the scene where she goes to find "the singularity to the other dimension" with Rikka was really funny.

And of course, Love You Forever!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 23:51   Link #1679
HandofFate

Nibutani oh man...

I wouldn't mind if Yuuta ends up getting fed up with some of her acidic gestures and knock her on the head a few times like the other girls.
Old 2012-10-24, 23:52   Link #1680
rulfo

I dunno why people get harem vibes but this doesn't really imply anything of that sort.

If this was harem this is moving way too slow and I'm thinking everyone would be into MC right right about now.

Even Nibutani isn't even giving any of that notion just yet.

Anyway this episode was a blast. Nothing ep 2-ish but the storyboard and directing is really good. Nothing felt static nor too long. Not to mention the humor is spot on again this time but with a better delivery. That duck hunt out of nowhere was so fitting.

I really can't help but like Rikka's and Dekomori's VA. They're really doing a spectacular job bringing these characters to life.

Well so far we've seen the dynamics between the characters but one still remains mysterious. I wonder what quirky behavior will Kumin have other than the being able to sleep under such rowdy environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Nothing to do with episode 4, I just wanted to post this piece of fanart:
Images
Source
This is one of the things I'm really looking forward to. I hope KyoAni splurges their budget when Yuuta goes full DFM.

Some extras...

Images
KyoAni's OCD is showing

Images
And one more just to have pun

Images
What would probably be the case if Dekomori wasn't here

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-10-25 at 00:37.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen