AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 32 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-31, 00:23   Link #61
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its rare I'll say a group is *bad* since they're supposedly doing it for the joy of it all (some clearly aren't though).

When I review subs, I'll generally focus on just describing the translation style and perhaps the fonts and colors chosen. Then people can make their own choices. Its rare anymore to see bad timing or other problems. I'll download everyone who's subbing it tonight during "capless happy hour" and try to review them tomorrow.

UPDATE: the only ones even remotely keeping up with the airings are Paradym and Aero. The others are behind so deferring on their work for now. Aero keeps playing around with their release formats in terms of containers, encodes, and default size --- they are OTOH offering nice compact MP4 files. Paradym's files are a bit large but consistent. I have these two on queue for download and I'll do a comparison of fonts & translations tomorrow since it looks like I'm too sick (bleh, cold virus) to go to class.
you're aged 51 and you still go to class?

seriously though tell me the results of your fansub investigation. i like to follow a single fansubber for a series so GG dropping it means i have to redownload everything with a new group...
Old 2008-10-31, 00:46   Link #62
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

I would say that I prefer Coalguys' sub to Aero's
Old 2008-10-31, 00:57   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
you're aged 51 and you still go to class?

seriously though tell me the results of your fansub investigation. i like to follow a single fansubber for a series so GG dropping it means i have to redownload everything with a new group...
heh, welcome to the 21st century? I'm working on career #3 (having been an engineer, then IT design/support, and now getting another degree and teacher's cert for high school math/physics).

Aye, will post it in the generic thread. It'll highlight the differences and I may say which one *I* prefer.

@Ayu: has Coalguys' done the first 4 eps? I generally don't go with groups that just pick up from the latest episode unless everyone else has dropped out. They don't seem to have a web presence nor IRC presence I can find.
Old 2008-10-31, 01:54   Link #64
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Thelastguardian: Indeed. That's the sort of stuff I was afraid J.C. Staff would be taking out of the adaptation after seeing Episode 3 and the extra violence in the first two eps (as well as some of the introspection during the lamppost scene)... so the way they handled Episodes 4 and now 5 are a definite plus. As you've put it, the real 'rivals' aren't Ryuuji and Taiga (as the school saw at first), but rather Taiga and Ami due to the way Ami's real personality is... well, not all that good.

Kitamura's handing Ami off to Taiga and Ryuuji, two total strangers to the girl, because he's failed to make any progress with her as a friend regarding her behavior... and now she shuts him out too with the same mask, so he's warned the pair to be careful of her Janus-like nature. And of course, with that scene at the end and Taiga's evil grin, Taiga has a plan in mind to deal with 'the Bitch'. And the preview promises to show at least some of that revenge, which should make for fascinating viewing... since it'll show Taiga's nasty side - and give viewers a contrast to how she treats Ryuuji. Basically, if they thought her calling him 'dog' and making the odd impossible demand was bad...

Vexx: CoalGuy did Episode 1 and 4 as far as I can tell. They started with Ep 4 and then did Ep 1 before releasing Ep 5.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:12   Link #65
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hohohoho I just love Ami!

at first tho I thought Kaname Chidori walked into the wrong show

wish we had more leads like Ryuuji, hes cool
Old 2008-10-31, 03:20   Link #66
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

what sailor moon character was taiga refering to?

great episode! 9/10.
Old 2008-10-31, 03:30   Link #67
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
what sailor moon character was taiga refering to?

great episode! 9/10.
Sailor Mercury.

Source
Old 2008-10-31, 04:32   Link #68
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Sailor Mercury.

Source
lol. its so painfully obvious now. i thought she was talking about herself. my bad.
Old 2008-10-31, 06:22   Link #69
Loc
curious

Good episode. Ami is a good addition to the cast. I wonder who she ends up liking.
Old 2008-10-31, 06:25   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Aero's keep crashing on my comp after I turn on the subs on VLC. I am trying Coalguys.

Ami kinda reminded me of a number of girls throughout my secondary and high school days. Unfortunately there isn't a cute tsunloli to stand up to them.

Anyway I am guessing that Ami has the same problem as Taiga, a tussle with her parents or something, but due to her superstar status she has to constantly hide from public and such.

Nice anime though, we have a tsunloli, now a yandere + Tarento to be (Yantaren).

P.S Her character looks and acts ALOT like Ryoko Asakura from TMHS. Not surprising that a flatchested loli is the solution to such a problem. xD

OT : There is nothing wrong with going to class at the age of 51. But some people are too image-concious to do so at that age and come up with reasons like "no time" and "need time with family", etc.
Old 2008-10-31, 06:30   Link #71
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
A pretty good episode for the most part. I loved all the interaction between Taiga, Ryuuji and Yusaku. Funny actually, and quite believeable. I liked that revelation at the end with Ryuuji finding Taiga in her bed. That was really a good scene.

I don't really like Ami too much just because there's a real lack of her reason to be an ice princess. There's probably more to it into the novels, but I just don't see it for now. And I didn't really care for that Minori scene either. A bit too random and awkward. It might of been better if she did that while sitting down, but it makes me question more if Ryuuji actually wants to be with her.
Old 2008-10-31, 06:59   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Great episode i think i was laughing my ass off the whole time. Taiga's personanlity is just so out there its like watching a train wreck you know you should look away but you cant. When she gave Ami that SHE BITCH FALCON PIMP SLAP i thought i was going to lose it. I was waiting for a bitch who do you think i am lol i dont think i would have been able to hold it in.

I love how both Ryuuji and Kitamura are intelligent males not like we usually get and the fact that they got Ami's real personality out there was comfort because i didnt want to see it carried out for several episodes with her trying to fool the main characters. But Ami found our Palm top tiger's weakness seeing her all covered in her bed was funny yet sad yet Ryuuji once again saves the day only to have Taiga go into a rant about being short, having a weird name and Ami have Sailor Mercury's name lol. I had almost forgotten about Ryuuji excentric yet very amusing mother when she slid the door and asked "did you right my name on it?" on her Rice Omelet LMAO is she really a mother? lol

I am wholeheartedly loving Toradora so much in fact its getting harder and harder to wait for the next episode.

I had to give this episode a 10 because of

1.She bitch falcon pimp slap beautifully executed by Taiga
2.Minorin giant X in the middle of class floored me
Old 2008-10-31, 07:21   Link #73
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Sinestra's excessive enthusiasm makes me appreciate the ep even more.
Old 2008-10-31, 10:53   Link #74
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
heh, welcome to the 21st century? I'm working on career #3 (having been an engineer, then IT design/support, and now getting another degree and teacher's cert for high school math/physics).

Aye, will post it in the generic thread. It'll highlight the differences and I may say which one *I* prefer.

@Ayu: has Coalguys' done the first 4 eps? I generally don't go with groups that just pick up from the latest episode unless everyone else has dropped out. They don't seem to have a web presence nor IRC presence I can find.
well i applaud you for having been able and still being able to do all those plus im amazed you still have time to follow anime

here's to hoping fansub of toradora settles down
Old 2008-10-31, 12:09   Link #75
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
On a side note...

Taiga SERIOUSLY looks like Chiaki Minami at the end of the restaurant scene. Just...that expression...XD

(Not saying it's a bad thing, though. ^^; )
Old 2008-10-31, 16:53   Link #76
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
In the novel Ryuji's notes is composed of two parts.
Thankyou for that explanation, I must admit that though I admired Minori's boldness (she clearly knows exactly what she can get away whilst the teacher's back is turned, and has no qualms about getting the whole class's attention for her histrionics!) I was unable to fathom what her outburst actually meant.

Regarding J.C.Staff, thinking of other series they have done (Karin and Kimikiss spring to mind) I think they know what they are doing when it comes to making an anime adaptation even though their departures from canon can be controversial. For instance I actually stopped reading the Karin manga as I felt they had captured the essence so well (even though their Winner Sinclair insertion was unpopular with some people). I'm not going to say they are the best anime studio ever, but I think in general they are a safe pair of hands.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-10-31, 17:03   Link #77
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
On a side note...

Taiga SERIOUSLY looks like Chiaki Minami at the end of the restaurant scene. Just...that expression...XD

(Not saying it's a bad thing, though. ^^; )
Come to think of it she does
Old 2008-10-31, 17:18   Link #78
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
[spoiler=Novel-version spoiler]

BTW here is a breakdown of the characters

Ryuji- Fearsome on the outside, kind on the inside
Taiga- Beautiful and wicked on the outside, kind on the inside
Ami- Beautiful and kind on the outside, wicked on the inside (but not evil)

**Snip**
1/Most of the stuff above are just my deductions. They may or may not be true. It is hard to tell.
2/I hope I am not spoiling too much stuff.
Nice breakdown!

But then ... what is the breakdown of Minorin?

Airhead on the outside, airhead on the inside? ;-)
Old 2008-10-31, 17:38   Link #79
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Minori is an artiste.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-10-31, 18:35   Link #80
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Nice breakdown!

Airhead on the outside, airhead on the inside? ;-)
But is Minori actually an "airhead", per se? She's very genki-girlish, but she hasn't been shown to be clumsy or anything like that (at least, not in the anime). Yes, she's weird, and she seems to draw conclusions about things quickly, but she hasn't been shown to be airheaded.
Closed Thread