AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-04-17, 02:01   Link #481
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
Did she just become a Basara? Or a type of hybrid?

You all do realize once she reaches the island she'll be an automatic "kill on sight" mark.
I expect her to arrive to them in next chapter of main manga or in one chapter to save the day.

So far they weren't able to fight off a top 3 basara with two HC, lol. Fighting Benio (and Kamui) seems impossible for them at this point without going all out.

Arima will stop them anyway. What the point of all effort otherwise? He knew pretty well this would happen.
Old 2018-04-17, 14:46   Link #482
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Did he know? If he already knew about the true nature of the Twin Star Exorcists and the truth of their powers, then kudos to him.
Old 2018-04-17, 22:21   Link #483
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Did he know? If he already knew about the true nature of the Twin Star Exorcists and the truth of their powers, then kudos to him.
that may have been why he was trying to push them into marrying and having a child so early, to avoid the current situation. Her becoming like that is probably considered a failure by the exorcists because the only purpose of the twin star exorcists to them is making a baby not becoming strong themselves.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 11:23   Link #484
amtro
Distro

I honestly can't find the chapter. Never mind raws, is it for sale anywhere?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Bookwalker has it for sale https://bookwalker.jp/deaddf5e94-971...-723c3c2d6245/

Spoiler for :

I've only skimmed the chapter, so I'm most likely missing a ton of stuff.

Last edited by amtro; 2018-04-18 at 11:33.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 11:51   Link #485
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@SoloPanda: I think the exorcists are asses with shallow thinking if what you said is really correct. What I think is that Rokurou and Benio themselves being strong is also important so that they can do what they can while they're alive with their greater power. I'm basically agreeing with what Rokurou said before about not leaving everything to the Miko.
Old 2018-04-18, 14:27   Link #486
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
@SoloPanda: I think the exorcists are asses with shallow thinking if what you said is really correct. What I think is that Rokurou and Benio themselves being strong is also important so that they can do what they can while they're alive with their greater power. I'm basically agreeing with what Rokurou said before about not leaving everything to the Miko.
I think it's been shown a few times that the exorcists are (at least many of the higher ups) asses with shallow thinking.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 17:04   Link #487
konart

Quote:
Well, I assume he did to some extend. His dialog with Tenma indicates that whatever he does - he has a plan. The way he pushed Benio into her trauma-like state was intended for sure, just like his interaction with his son or Roku. School pricipal (also one of the commanders) even pointed this out - he's manipulative son of a bitch, even though he does it for a good reason.

So - he might not know the small detailes etc, but he definitely has a general understanding and acts accordingly.
Old 2018-04-18, 19:55   Link #488
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So either he's been trying to push the Twin Star Exorcists into awakening their respective true powers and expected this to happen to Benio, or he had some idea but didn't want to let it happen? I'm hoping it's the former.
Old 2018-04-19, 14:41   Link #489
zerodragon

Quote:
So either he's been trying to push the Twin Star Exorcists into awakening their respective true powers and expected this to happen to Benio, or he had some idea but didn't want to let it happen? I'm hoping it's the former.
he definite know about it. if you read his words that he says to Mayura in the last fight before benio lost her powers.
" I seek those who clear open a path to their own fate"
he clearly knows what is to happen, and more then likely knows more truth then everybody else.
i am not sure about everyone else but Arima,Tenma and Subaru (Benio's teacher)know about everything.
Old 2018-05-01, 15:34   Link #490
konart

Spoiler for 59:
Old 2018-05-06, 18:06   Link #491
zerodragon

seen the the raw for benio chapter 4, it was interesting. to bad it leave off on such a cliff hanger. well now we need to to wait and see when benio/Roku to meet up and watch the drama unfold! there was one intertesting bit about the chapter.
Spoiler for chapter 4:
Old 2018-05-06, 20:33   Link #492
alex_drian

Well, even if is against Basara for all the chatter about the exorcist living on the island being pretty stronger for living in spiritual terrain or something, they seriously sucks.

Even the Twelve Commanders seriously? and the Basara still have their Super Mode, right?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 22:35   Link #493
Xena_C

Man, finally caught up with this series again. Haven't been looking at it since Rokuro encountered Bread Crumb Fox Bro at the old Adashino place.

Glad to see that this series is as brutal as I remember it, but not in an unjustified way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Well, even if is against Basara for all the chatter about the exorcist living on the island being pretty stronger for living in spiritual terrain or something, they seriously sucks.

Even the Twelve Commanders seriously? and the Basara still have their Super Mode, right?
To be fair, all the evidence in the series so far, and much of what most everyone on the exorcist side acknowledges is that they haven't been winning in any obvious way since...well, since Seimei upped on them to quarantine herself and the Impurity King.

Even that wasn't a win, more of a long-term holding action.

Spoiler for What else we know so far about ::

So most evidence really points to the Basara/Impurities always having been the winning side, and certainly the side with home ground advantage for literal days and weeks.

If the exorcists from Tsuchimikado Isle being a bit standoffish, I would put that down to a side effect of the precariousness of their position, and their acute awareness of such.

The Exorcist side is pretty much running on hope, and they know it. Heck, their higher ups probably even know that the Twin Stars are a long shot they've tried and failed with before - which is exactly why Rokuro and Benio are initially told that it might be better for them to stay home and just have The-Kid-Who-Will-Be-The-One.

A person can only imagine what it must be like growing up with this as everyday reality. Hope is fleeting, loss is constant. Ideals can only stay alive so long in an environment where your desire to hang on to the pride engendered by your own (all-too-meagre) effort jars not so well with some kind of vague prophecy of eventual salvation.

That's no small part of Shimon's problem with Rokuro at first, and as a result he hits a real low when Tenma lops his leg off, possibly preventing him from ever fighting as an Exorcist -and thus fulfilling his promise to Sayo, which is a huge part of his motivation- ever again.

The reasons and timeframe may differ, but it is not inestimable that many islanders may also find that in the absence of real hope, duty is what they hold on to, and thus they end up looking down on those who -to them- lack that sense of duty and resolve. Not everyone can be Arima and pretend to overzealous duty while trying to force hope like a camel through a needle's eye; and even for an ostensible 100% Manipulative Bastard him the balancing act takes an emotional toll.

So yeah, it's big talk on their part and certainly doesn't augur with reality, but it's not something I personally couldn't relate to, and not something the story hasn't already explained in sufficient detail that it really shouldn't be a surprise.

========

And woo, the Benio chapters are a real thing!

Some interesting thing I noted:

- That ritual she's going through is like Galadriel's Mirror: showing things that were, things that are, and things that have not yet come to pass, but could do so at some point. So some of the stuff is parallel universe-ish. Seriously, Douman, what kind of crazy genius were you?

- And surprisingly, a crazy romantic as well. For what resolve could let a mortal be the Taiyin, and bear all the negative emotions that ever were and could ever be at once? 'Hope, Dreams and Love' - a very familiar trinity of values, of which the greatest is Love, that which Douman believed could resolve the clash between Yin and Yang. It's Benio's weapon that she uses to make her peace with the rest of the Taiyin-Who-Could-Never-Be.

"Power does not lie with those who forsake everything - it is those who, even at their very final moments, do not give up living as a human, who don't lose sight of what's important - they can make the soul of Taiyin smile."

Damn, Douman, you're actually a nice super-great-granddad. You sure Kuzunoha still isn't holding a grudge about the whole Heian-Kyo kerfuffle? Inari can be like that sometimes.

- Also wouldja look at that; Kamui's boy-kegare-crush on Benio is growing. And...he got rejected before he could ever say anything. Indirectly, but still 'you find a way to do you (and I'll do me) when your stated goal is obvious enough' is a pretty clear contextual rejection.

There's more, but that would probably make the post longer than it already is.

Looking forward to Chapter 56 (60 if you count Adashino Benio-hen separately).
Xena_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 10:39   Link #494
konart

60 (raw) is out
Spoiler for 60:

Not much to say about the chapter, but I'd like to read the translation about the last pages.
Old 2018-06-03, 11:05   Link #495
RDNexus

Is it me or the translations have been stalled for a while now?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 12:27   Link #496
konart

Yeah, JB haven't dropped the series, but as far as I know only a few people work on twinstars when they are up to it.

I wonder why no one else seems to be willing to start scanlating this. I wish I knew spanish to read their translations...
Old 2018-06-03, 12:52   Link #497
AP24

I can only understand half at best when my Japanese is between N3 and N4 level.

Regarding the latest raw chapter, they didn't defeat but only managed to send Gabura to a different floor. Not surprising since he's the 3rd ranked Basara while 2 of the 3 heavenly commanders that fought him were support type and the other is considered the weakest direct combat type out of the original members.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 13:19   Link #498
Royalknightftw

It's perplexing to see the power gap between Basara and HC is...well...big. I mean one Basara could take out 2 HCs.

It's surprising those omyoujis could survive all this long, unless ofc the island has high breeding rate lol
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 15:26   Link #499
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
It's perplexing to see the power gap between Basara and HC is...well...big. I mean one Basara could take out 2 HCs.

It's surprising those omyoujis could survive all this long, unless ofc the island has high breeding rate lol
I guess that considering they can take the leisure to make a mini battle royal to choosen a heir, sacrificing workforce.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 02:40   Link #500
Xena_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Yeah, JB haven't dropped the series, but as far as I know only a few people work on twinstars when they are up to it.

I wonder why no one else seems to be willing to start scanlating this. I wish I knew spanish to read their translations...
Quote:
Yeah, JB haven't dropped the series
And that's a fair slice of your problem right there. Being a working translator myself, I can tell you flat out that one of the first questions not a few of us ask when people request stuff is: 'is anyone else doing it?'

The second thing of course is the fact that actual scanlation is a team effort, and there are only that many running around with staff to spare. Personally, my main problem is that I'm only really alright at the 'telling you what the text says' bit. I'm awful at all the other steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post

Well, there's a few other things:

Magano was designed by the greatest onmyouji of all time to serve as a prison for the Kegare. So in a sense the exorcists are jailers working off a well-established (we assume) system.

The kegare elite don't work well together as a rule. So far, only Yuzuriha and Sakanashi serve as 'people everyone can talk to' - talk to, I said, not 'work with'. Otherwise they tend to mind their own business and have their own motivations.

This arc is a rare case, instigated by what (contextually) seems to be Yuto having made some sort of offer to Sakanashi, and then him instigating the other Basara to act, with Yuzuriha playing literal bridge bunny.

And even then not everyone seems happy with it - Shioji sure isn't. Shiromi seems more concerned with avenging Hijirimaru, while Gaja and Gabura are just doing their own thing anyway. I wouldn't expect this alliance to hold by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I guess that considering they can take the leisure to make a mini battle royal to choosen a heir, sacrificing workforce.
Some of the other houses are also noted to have some quirks one way or the other regarding the selection of suitable candidates for succession, and the HC Shikigami themselves have been seen to have a big role in that (Byakko favors 'those who protect', Kouchin favors 'those who understand weakness', and so on.)

So it can be argued that this how Kijin itself rolls - and the Unomiyas don't have a say in it. This seems to augur better with the island's realities, and with the looks of absolute terror on the children's faces when the kodoku curse activates.

Fitting, I suppose, for a shikigami whose alternative reading is 鬼神 - a demon/fierce god like the bloodlust-inflamed rakshasas.
Xena_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exorcist, harem, onmyoudo, shounen