AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-06, 16:20   Link #501
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

@Mentar: each to their rightful opinion.

I must have missed this somewhere but is Ayano a direct descendent from the original Kannagi like Kazuma and Ren? And how is the Head position passed down? Similar to Royalty? Then wouldn't Ren be the next in line after Kazuma and not Ayano?

I guess you're all right about the Contractor thing...it's probably too soon to tell about their powers for comparison. It's just that what that blond lady said - how there's a strong foreigner that just entered the region sort of made me thought about that. I'm assuming she's referring to Kazuma.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 16:25   Link #502
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

No, from what ive gathered only Ren is a direct decendent, Kazuma and Ayano arent. Not sure how it works, different mothers possibly?

Ayano definatly isnt, since she's only Kazuma's cousin, though ren calls her onee-sama. Kazuma im not so sure about, there was no mention of him being a direct decendent, only as a member of the head family. So far only Ren has been definatly confirmed as a direct decendent.

The head position seems to be passed down by means of a battle. Both Ayano and Kazuma had to fight each other, the prize was Enraiho which im guessing is the symbol of the head of the clan. Once it was passed to Ayano she became the next head.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 16:29   Link #503
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
No, from what ive gathered only Ren is a direct decendent, Kazuma and Ayano arent. Not sure how it works, different mothers possibly?

Ayano definatly isnt, since she's only Kazuma's cousin, though ren calls her onee-sama. Kazuma im not so sure about, there was no mention of him being a direct decendent, only as a member of the head family. So far only Ren has been definatly confirmed as a direct decendent.

The head position seems to be passed down by means of a battle. Both Ayano and Kazuma had to fight each other, the prize was Enraiho which im guessing is the symbol of the head of the clan. Once it was passed to Ayano she became the next head.
^ About the whole descendant thing

Spoiler for novel spoiler:
Old 2007-05-06, 16:33   Link #504
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I think peoples problem with Ayano (or atleast mine lol) is that she's TO annoying. They could have achieved the same effect with less annoyance. Ep4 is a good example of this, they still had the annoyance factor, but it was tamed down and i actually found myself warming to her.
this is one of those situations where your mileage may vary as ive never found ayano to be annoying ~ shes immature and hot blooded yes but thats one of her characteristic that i find attractive ~ its not so much as her being annoying as being on tsun mode most of the time ~ and i can still draw similarities with her and shana (but all of that hot bloodedness is soon to change as her feelings for kazuma grows)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 16:35   Link #505
lightbringer
M9000

To clear up the age issue:

Kazuma is 22.
Ayano is 16.
Ren is 12.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 16:39   Link #506
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Not sure if she's six years younger, i thought she was 3 or 4 years younger.
Kazuma is 22, Ayano is 16.

Quote:
In the first epo everyone including Ayano (with the exceptioon of the family head) had decided that Kazuma was the guilty party. As he said, its easier to blame Kazuma than to look for the real culprit.
At that point of time, Kazuma was clearly the logical suspect. They _were_ looking for the real culprit. And he was the only lead.

Quote:
As for that scene, she didnt really give him a chance to explain, she demanded an answer, cause she didnt like it she attacked. In that sort of situation id of tried to find out just what the hell had happened before jumping to conclusions, and im supposed to jump to conclusions cause im taurus
In a situation like this, you find your clansmen killed by wind magic, 1 minute before you arrived, while they were trying to apprehend a wind mage supposed to be a murderer. You'd not draw the obvious conclusion?

Hindsight of an omniscient viewer perspective is a wonderful thing. Too bad that she didn't have it.

Quote:
Jumping to ep3 its clear she thinks she's better when she comments on how he didnt attack her cause she's the weilder of enraiha. Its (again) her father who soundly corrects that. And the look she gives shows she clearly dosent really believe it yet.
You can't be serious ... rewatch the scene. She was clearly feeling uneasy and highly embarrassed. When she said it she KNEW that this wasn't it, that's why she immediately dropped it when opposed. She realized that her father had a point, but only put up token resistance.

The look she gave afterwards was incredulity on hearing that Kazuma defeated his father.

Quote:
Yes she is loyal, but so's a dog It all comes down to the way your trained, if your raised to believe that clan is everything, then it becomes instinct rather than thought.
Why are you trying to degrade her with the dog nonsense? Ep4 clearly showed that she realized the situation she was in, and she pulled through anyway. That's not been a matter of "trained instinct".

Quote:
She only listens to kazuma because she was told to, and as you said she's loyal to the clan, and it was an order from the clan head. She makes it very clear she dosent trust, even after going to save ren.
She wasn't told to listen to Kazuma. She did that at her own volition. And sorry Taliesin, even as an omniscient viewer I'd be very hesitant to fully trust someone like Kazuma. In fact, I'd call it naive. Do you seriously believe that people like him would lose much sleep over it if Ayano had _really_ died? He consciously deserted her in mortal danger - for a reason you can defend, but nevertheless, that's what he did. Kazuma lives by his priorities, and right now, Ayano's life isn't one of them. She'd be a fool to fully trust him.

Quote:
I've no dount she will mature (she has to otherwise the ratings will plumet), but to be honest i still see Ren being a better future head of the family, not only because he's a direct descendent of the original, but also because from what we've seen so far he has alm ost all the qualities one needs in a leader.
You mean his main strength, the unopposable crying-a-river face which already even defeated contactor overlord Kazuma?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 16:40   Link #507
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ About the whole descendant thing

Spoiler for novel spoiler:
hmmm possibly, but again im hoping theres more to it than that. If that was the case then taking Kazuma when he was thrown out would of been the better option i think.

I'm a pagan, so terms like direct decendent mean slightly different things to me. For example to be a direct decendent takes more than just blood lineage, but also spirit lineage.

Also after watching ep4 i got the impression that Ren has something that Ayano and Kazuma dosent have that makes him the direct decendent. There was just something in the way he used the flames that made me think they were different to ayano's. *shrugs*

Also, if they were all direct decendents it wouldnt of had such special meaning im thinking. Sure the fugga needed a decendent, but when Ayano's old man was explaining, i again got the impression that there was something more that made Ren different from Ayano or Kazuma.

Guess its just something that will have to be revealed later.;

Oh, and i didnt look at the spoiler thing you posted, i dont want the show spoiled just yet

edit: Also direct decendent would go from father to son to son to son etc (or mother to daughter) cousins wouldnt be direct decendents, though they would form part of the lineage. It's why twins have always been hated in such positions, and usually the younger would either be sent into exile, or have an accident >.<

Of course thats real life, were talking anime here so anything is possible hehe
Old 2007-05-06, 18:04   Link #508
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seems like every episode has some Ayano character discussion. I can't give some grand character examination (just too lazy to write that much out).

I thought this episode had some good development for Ayano. The whole being saved at the brink of death never really hurts I guess. But I believe its a good thing that she found her limits and really understood where she stands in terms of power and also in comparison to Kazuma. Clearly she hadn't fought someone that dangerous before. Someone who lived in the position she did really could use an experience like this to help shape out her character. I have no doubt that she will turn out into a fine character. Sure you'll always have those innate qualities of being hot headed, impulsive, etc but I'm sure with Kazuma around she'll turn out alright.

Nice to see that Ren can be serious enough when he has to be. I'm sure his brother won't mind if he can manage to keep himself from being a damsel in distress again.

I'll assume that Kazuma believed Ayano could handle the situation and that's why he went to save Ren. I'm sure he wouldn't just leave her to die...well I'd hope he wouldn't . It was a good choice though to let her keep fighting in the final round against Ryuuya. She regained some confidence and went to another level of strength.

You can see the difference in experience in terms of views on death. Kazuma knows how serious that is and a good thing to try and convey that to Ayano.

Well they made a good team at any rate. Should be fun to see how they work out in whatever troubles come their way. Plus seeing more of Kazuma's past is something I'm looking forward to. It'd certainly be nice if this series got its own section. I'll at least do my part to help out and keep discussing.
Old 2007-05-06, 18:24   Link #509
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

i usually move to the next ep before i watch the previews, but i caught the preview for ep 5 and HOLY HANNAH does it look good!!!

Spoiler:

Ya know, i wish we could get an anime channel in the UK, or better yet get the japanese anime channels over here id probably never leave the house again heheh
Old 2007-05-06, 18:43   Link #510
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Ya know, i wish we could get an anime channel in the UK, or better yet get the japanese anime channels over here id probably never leave the house again heheh
No kidding... I don't want that, already spending way too much time on anime...
Old 2007-05-06, 19:03   Link #511
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I thought this episode had some good development for Ayano. The whole being saved at the brink of death never really hurts I guess. But I believe its a good thing that she found her limits and really understood where she stands in terms of power and also in comparison to Kazuma. Clearly she hadn't fought someone that dangerous before. Someone who lived in the position she did really could use an experience like this to help shape out her character. I have no doubt that she will turn out into a fine character. Sure you'll always have those innate qualities of being hot headed, impulsive, etc but I'm sure with Kazuma around she'll turn out alright.
Agree with you there. Episode 4 really turned Ayano's character around, at least for me. That's all I wanted to see, for her to understand her limits and know that she has a lot to learn. Good thing this part of her development was quick and didn't take half the series to evolve.

Episode 4 was great to watch. I love Kazuma's lines: the guy's sarcastic remarks are funny. My favourite scene...Kazuma headbutting Ayano. Never saw that one coming (and I'm sure Ayano didn't either). First time I've seen a male protag headbutts his female counterpart in such a hilarious way.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2007-05-06, 19:38   Link #512
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Episode 4 was great to watch. I love Kazuma's lines: the guy's sarcastic remarks are funny.
Kinda reminds ya of our fav narcissist doesnt it

Ayano didnt annoy me as much in epi 4 as earlier epis...so there is hope.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 19:51   Link #513
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

I sat down to catch up to episode 4.

Heh, I sort of like this series now. I felt that Kazuma spilled out some corny and cliche lines but I like him. He's not overly angsty and he's not overly cynical; just a man with a lot of common sense. He even provided some humor after the fight. In the next episode, it seems like he's quite the ladies' man. =P

Ayano doesn't really annoy me; I'm reminded of Kaname from Full Metal Panic whenever I see Ayano's reactions to Kazuma. I feel that she'll warm up to Kazuma in the same way.

I'll keep watching just for fun.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 19:59   Link #514
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well the series kindof started out so-so for me, but as the episodes went along I've really enjoyed some decent character development and the fact that kazuma isnt as stoic and anti-social as he came off to me at the start.

Never would have thought it but him and ayano make a pretty dynamic and interesting pair to put it mildly.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 20:12   Link #515
usagijen

(hehe... I should really check the forum more often... LOTS of discussions going on =P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Rather than that, it was an excuse for the author to include a kiss scene in the first novel volume. It's hard being an honest writer these days when you have to worry about audience perception and sales while you are still alive. Having said that, I did not find it disturbing or forced (especially compared to the presence and existence of the elixir itself)
hehe... I love these kinds of scenes.. XDD
(talk about something we didn't get to have in FullMetal Panic which I was dying to see...! o_O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Whoa, I go to sleep for four hours and there's two pages of debate going on. Whether you agree or not, keep talking! Maybe that way, KnS will finally get its own forum... I can dream, can't I? XD

There's not much to it. Or rather, we don't know much. Here's what we do know:
Spoiler for potentially novel spoilers:

On a side note, subs for episode 4 are already out. That was very quick ^_^
a KnS board would be great~ hehe =P

Spoiler:

I was also surprised by how fast the subs came out... lol... (now I wonder if all those detailed summaries I make is worth all the effort XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Heh... welllllll...

Spoiler:
I belive it was pointed out before, that Ayano never admitted she was getting jealous over Kirika (and the fact that she likes Kazuma) despite how obvious it is in her actions... LOL XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Agree with you there. Episode 4 really turned Ayano's character around, at least for me. That's all I wanted to see, for her to understand her limits and know that she has a lot to learn. Good thing this part of her development was quick and didn't take half the series to evolve.

Episode 4 was great to watch. I love Kazuma's lines: the guy's sarcastic remarks are funny. My favourite scene...Kazuma headbutting Ayano. Never saw that one coming (and I'm sure Ayano didn't either). First time I've seen a male protag headbutts his female counterpart in such a hilarious way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Nice to see that Ren can be serious enough when he has to be. I'm sure his brother won't mind if he can manage to keep himself from being a damsel in distress again.

I'll assume that Kazuma believed Ayano could handle the situation and that's why he went to save Ren. I'm sure he wouldn't just leave her to die...well I'd hope he wouldn't . It was a good choice though to let her keep fighting in the final round against Ryuuya. She regained some confidence and went to another level of strength.

You can see the difference in experience in terms of views on death. Kazuma knows how serious that is and a good thing to try and convey that to Ayano.

Well they made a good team at any rate. Should be fun to see how they work out in whatever troubles come their way. Plus seeing more of Kazuma's past is something I'm looking forward to. It'd certainly be nice if this series got its own section. I'll at least do my part to help out and keep discussing.
Yeah, it's good to see that Ayano was able to realize all that in this episode... The headbutt was also an unexpected surprise, which was just hilarious... XDDD This goes to show how Kazuma really knows how to "handle" her well, especially how to "put some sense / wisdom into her head" ^^

I also think Kazuma had confidence in her abilities, and believed her declaration that "there is no youma the Enraiha can't defeat"

Love the KxA tandem~ Both of them kicks ass! =D

And with regards to the series having its own section... should I say "I'll also do my part to [post spoilers] and keep on [spoiling]?" XD
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 20:22   Link #516
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
I was also surprised by how fast the subs came out... lol... (now I wonder if all those detailed summaries I make is worth all the effort XD)
Who knows, maybe they are double checking their translations against yours? lol. Probably not. But it's worth it anyway. Think of it as practice :P
Old 2007-05-06, 20:42   Link #517
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Kinda reminds ya of our fav narcissist doesnt it

Ayano didnt annoy me as much in epi 4 as earlier epis...so there is hope.
It's one of the reasons that got me interested in Kazuma in the first place ...I just love witty characters. But Kazuma is more of a mix between our narcissist and his doppleganger. The best combination .

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2007-05-07, 01:34   Link #518
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I had no idea that Ayano was such a metaphorical flashpoint. It's almost like some people want the character to up and die and other's want her to be the lead. I think the show would lose a lot of the interesting internal strife and power grabbing that seems to be going on between the Kannagi main and Kannagi branch family if she were not in it. Kazuma may not have become the mature Wind wielding male lead he is if she hadn't existed either (though it may have just delayed the inevitable as he obviously couldn't wield fire when we saw the one-sided duel. They would have found this out sooner or later and he'd be disqualified, though he may not have been banished for losing to a member of the branch family in the firm of a 12 year old girl).

For this reason I think Ayano's importance to the story shouldn't be discounted. She had a huge impact (in defeating him in the ceremonial duel) on Kazuma becoming the cool character that we see in the anime and she is still quite important even now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 02:00   Link #519
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

After browsing through this thread and reading the synopsis on this anime its gotten me interested planning to DL it soon ^^
Old 2007-05-07, 02:12   Link #520
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

wow... you guys are "heating up" if you know what i mean episode 4 ,was so far, my fav epi!!
Spoiler for lol:

regarding the "doubt's about kazuma's strength" he did fight with his dad fair and square, the only reason why people thought that wind is inferior to fire(not by means of power but by "use" i e is that fuujutsu is only known for its use(or believed was only good for) in exploration, stealth or excavation) is because the fuuga clan was suppresed by the kannagi's and therefore had lived their lives serving them and was believed to be "weaker" than fire and was degraded for this. i'm not portraying that wind is stronger than fire but my point is that wind can also be used for combat as oppossed to fire. this show ain't p***m*n guys,(inspired by the censorship in hayate no gotoku ) skills, wits and experience plays a more major role in fighting sequences rather than elemental weaknesses and advantages . being a contractor is more likely just an add on, because as we watch the latest scenes in episode 4,
Spoiler for scene:

ya, his like mido ban(get backers) and alucard(hellsing) that was already ridiculously strong at the start of the series.

p.s
i love ayano, i might make a fanlisting for her lol i also like the fact that the KnS community is growing slowly, keep on posting guys!
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen