AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 10:15   Link #1
Tom Bombadil

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance [Light Novel]

MF文庫:精霊使いの剣舞
著者:志瑞祐
イラスト:桜はんぺん

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance (精霊使いの剣舞) is a light novel series written by Shimizu Yuu. The illustrations are done by Sakura Hanpen. Currently, the series has 4 volumes.

Title may be translated also as "the spirit charmer's blade dance", but it might be too literal.

Story Synopsis (copied from Baka tsuki)

Only a pure maiden can have a privilege to contract with spirit. In here, Areishia spirit acadamy, trained maiden in the noble family were gathered, and gave them an elite education to become a spirit contractor. A boy Kamito, by an accident he peeped into a girl, Clair taking a bath, and he even made a contract with spirit that she wanted. Yes, Kamio was an irregular boy spirit contractor that is impossible to exist. "You stole...my spirit...you have to take a responsibility for it!" "Huh?" "You have to become my contracted spirit" What will Kamio's destiny leads to? (From FairGame)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good series. It feels a bit like Zero's tsukaima. While the setting might be a bit generic, the series boasts a master blend of fantasy action together with harem fan service. The male character comes with a mystic past: beside the happy harem-forming magic school life, plots are revealed and he is force to take actions and confront both his past and new enemies.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-04-08 at 12:35.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 07:28   Link #2
Tom Bombadil

Strange that this series has not gained much attention. It is hugely popular among the Chinese fans. I just found out today that a group of translators has already claimed the right to translate vol 6, before the novel is even out. Really exceptional since the only other novel that gets this kind of treatment is Haruhi.
Old 2012-02-19, 07:43   Link #3
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I think the intro of this LN is the part that makes it quite unpopular here. You know, when IS + ZnT. It might mean this series combine the best of both series, or the most annoying things from both series.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 09:48   Link #4
Athena
The Power of One

Why put "Kenbu" instead of "Blade Dance"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Strange that this series has not gained much attention. It is hugely popular among the Chinese fans. I just found out today that a group of translators has already claimed the right to translate vol 6, before the novel is even out. Really exceptional since the only other novel that gets this kind of treatment is Haruhi.
Actually, OreImo also had something like this, I believe.

STnBD is as hot as Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Campione!, right now, I think. By the way, Black Dust is translating it right now on Baka-Tsuki.

Personally, having read the 5 volumes, I find it quite good. Though the illustrations are even more near the H part than DxD's.
Old 2012-02-19, 10:38   Link #5
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Why put "Kenbu" instead of "Blade Dance"?

Actually, OreImo also had something like this, I believe.

STnBD is as hot as Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Campione!, right now, I think. By the way, Black Dust is translating it right now on Baka-Tsuki.

Personally, having read the 5 volumes, I find it quite good. Though the illustrations are even more near the H part than DxD's.
Kadi hasn't posted any summaries for Campione! since volume 4 and 11. But at least the anime is coming and the summary from vol. 1-4 is enough to me.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis, I have no idea what it is about besides the fact that the protagonist is a badass archer. I feel like reading Mahabharata. But well, there's no summary with detail enough to let me know what the LN is about. There's no news for manga or anime adaptation either.

STnBD (I also prefer Blade Dance more than Kenbu) is being translated on Baka-Tsuki right now, but besides the fact that it's the fusion of ZnT and IS, I know nothing about it! I'm a bit happy that the protagonist seems to be very strong unlike Saito or Ichika!
Old 2012-02-19, 10:41   Link #6
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I think the intro of this LN is the part that makes it quite unpopular here. You know, when IS + ZnT. It might mean this series combine the best of both series, or the most annoying things from both series.
Well, somehow that the author can start with such cliched setting yet produced something very enjoyable is quite the charm. There are places where the similarity to ZnT is undeniable, but I believe ZnT focus more on the fantasy world and its political and magical intrigues, this series focus more on the mystery of the main character. In terms of plotline they are quite different.

@KiRa08o2,

Thanks for pointing my mistake, my knowledge of the lightnovel projects is limited.
Still, it is a treatment reserved for the most popular series.

As for the title, since one is not going to translate the whole thing anyway, leaving it half Japanese and half English seems a bit strange to me.
Old 2012-02-19, 10:56   Link #7
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

What IS and this LN will teach us is that the saying "If we let women rule the world, there would be no conflict." is a farce. Yet IS and this series seem to make guys with power to be bad guys.

Soviet had a lot of female officers in their Red Army, and there's "Rape of Berlin" where Russians gang raped German women and children (as well as Polish, even though they had nothing to do with Nazi).

Female controlled Mongol Empire politics, there were a few female who became soldiers for Mongols, lead army, to do a massive masacre we ever had until WW2.

I bet the protagonist of this series must lead a very pitiful life because he happens to be like Ichika from IS, in an era that believe a guy with the power exclusive to maidens is the devil king.

BTW, is the devil king who controlled 72 powerful spirits Solomon or Suleiman? Both names are completely different historic figures, you know? Solomon, the ancient king of Israel was the one who said to have 72 demons in control, while Suleiman was the emperor of Ottoman Empire (Turkey now) who was the greatest of all emperors from that empire, who also forbidden slavery for the sake of his former-slave empress. They are both noble figures btw.
Old 2012-02-19, 11:08   Link #8
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
What IS and this LN will teach us is that the saying "If we let women rule the world, there would be no conflict." is a farce. Yet IS and this series seem to make guys with power to be bad guys.
That's what U get if there's a lot of Female (especially Editor) in a certain series publication process

Quote:
I bet the protagonist of this series must lead a very pitiful life because he happens to be like Ichika from IS, in an era that believe a guy with the power exclusive to maidens is the devil king.
remind me to Ichiban Ushiro no DaiMaou

Quote:
BTW, is the devil king who controlled 72 powerful spirits Solomon or Suleiman? Both names are completely different historic figures, you know? Solomon, the ancient king of Israel was the one who said to have 72 demons in control, while Suleiman was the emperor of Ottoman Empire (Turkey now) who was the greatest of all emperors from that empire, who also forbidden slavery for the sake of his former-slave empress. They are both noble figures btw.
In my History, both is the same person but your world tongue somehow separate them into two person. But thanks anyway, you gave me new knowledge about a part of your world history.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 11:16   Link #9
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Strange that this series has not gained much attention. It is hugely popular among the Chinese fans.
Speaking off, Baka upldates lists the manga adaptation for this as discontinued, I wonder what happened?

It could have been the Tokyo law or something? I heard that this one has plenty of stripping
Old 2012-02-19, 14:05   Link #10
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Speaking off, Baka upldates lists the manga adaptation for this as discontinued, I wonder what happened?

It could have been the Tokyo law or something? I heard that this one has plenty of stripping
I don't know the details, but similar question was asked in the Chinese forums. It seems that no new chapters are released, not sure because of the author or the publisher. I doubt it is because of the law, since many other mangas seems to be unaffected, like the " H dekinai" series.
Old 2012-02-19, 14:26   Link #11
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Madan no Ou to Vanadis, I have no idea what it is about besides the fact that the protagonist is a badass archer. I feel like reading Mahabharata. But well, there's no summary with detail enough to let me know what the LN is about. There's no news for manga or anime adaptation either.
If you want to compare it, it'S like Mismarca Monogatari. And there's wars and blood, by the way.

Quote:
@KiRa08o2,

Thanks for pointing my mistake, my knowledge of the lightnovel projects is limited.
Still, it is a treatment reserved for the most popular series.
Wait, I'm actually not sure about it. I know that there are some novels like Index and such who have some. However, it's only the case for popular LNs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

Probably isn't Tokyo Law, cauz DxD is still outta here.

Though it's a possibility, since you have some..hmm...pretty near-H scenes.

Also, I don't know if H dekinei actually is as NSFW as it sounds. Just like Hentai Ouji is actually even more soft than Dragon Crisis.
Old 2012-02-19, 14:36   Link #12
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Misumarca Monogatari!? I read someone's translation of a short part in vol. 7 and got depressed. The series waste so many lives like they were bacterias.
Old 2012-02-19, 14:40   Link #13
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Misumarca Monogatari!? I read someone's translation of a short part in vol. 7 and got depressed. The series waste so many lives like they were bacterias.
It's pretty good though. Also, Madan no Ou to Vanadis is not as bloody, don't worry. There are just some armies getting totally massacred by its opponent who won't leave any prisoner.
Old 2012-02-19, 14:48   Link #14
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
It's pretty good though. Also, Madan no Ou to Vanadis is not as bloody, don't worry. There are just some armies getting totally massacred by its opponent who won't leave any prisoner.
Spoiler for my response:
Old 2012-02-19, 15:08   Link #15
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Spoiler for my response:
Yeah, I read about this too...but Madan no Ou is not as exagerated. Neither is Blade Dance, BTW.
Old 2012-02-19, 16:32   Link #16
Richocet
Lover of Purity

This doesnt seem to bad, although I will have to read more to give a proper decision as to how to good it is.
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:25   Link #17
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Lol, one week after the release of the book in Japan, vol6 is already translated in Chinese. Talk about dedication of the Chinese fans.

The plot did not move as fast as I hoped ( I was hoping for the return of former wife), but I guess we need to wait for the next volume. Other than that, master blend of battles and fan service, as always.

Quote:
I don't want to give spoilers, but that remark of the male protagonist is quite off. The protagonist is not a meek fool who is just throw into the maiden's world and receive all the orders from the girls. As the story progresses, it is quite clear that he is the leader of his harem group, sharp in action, and he can put moves on the girls, too. The story is not simple "hero go save the world" type of thing. It's like comparing Bauld's Gate series (or even, in a small aspect, Planescape:torment) with your average RPG. Here the story is more character driven because the past associations and experiences of the hero is deeply interwoven into the current story and partly driving the story forward. That's a big plus in my book.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-03-01 at 21:59.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:29   Link #18
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I'm getting interested in this series. It's in the teaser section of Baka-Tsuki, I'll going to go take a look, excuse me.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-03-02 at 19:35.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:14   Link #19
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I'm getting interested in this series. It's in the teaser section of Baka-Tsuki, I'm to go take a look, excuse me.
Help with editing meantime.
Old 2012-03-02, 18:10   Link #20
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Spoiler:

Is that the fire whip thing in her hand?
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap