AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-11-19, 00:12   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 768 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Small spoiler is out courtesy of AP's Redon, as well as part of the raw:

-Chapter title is "The trigger on that day". Jinbei's story has some more ruins falling down in front of him.

-We're finally back in the present time! During their fight, Law admits to Doflamingo that he too, is a "D". We also get a review of the various battles going on around the island. Looks like Bartolomeo and Cavendish are the ones to take on Gladius while they send Robin ahead. Interestingly, it's revealed that Dellinger of Dofla's crew is a half fish-man of Fighting Fish descent (remember those bull-like fish we saw earlier this arc?).

-While Doflamingo is shocked by Law's reveal, he considers the tales of the D being "god's enemy" a mere superstition. However, amidst all the talk the warlord gets careless, and Law manages to land a blow on Doflamingo with his Injection Shot! He tells Dofla that he's not there to bring a myth to reality, but to pull the trigger that "Cora-san" was too soft to pull that day....!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-11-19 at 08:14.
Old 2014-11-19, 07:06   Link #2
ri0

Wow, so Law is the second guy in this manga to make Doflamingo spit blood... This arc the Birdman seems to taste it the first time after being lynched by the mob back in the days.

I found it interesting that Trebol didn't seem to know about the relations to D, as he looked kind of confused. This is probably one of the secrets Doflamingo didn't tell his crew...

Last edited by ri0; 2014-11-19 at 09:34.
Old 2014-11-19, 08:11   Link #3
ronin myael
lost ronin

So Law said something about a family of D living in a faraway land. Did it really say "family"? I can't trust Manga Panda's translations. Anyways, if the translation is correct then the Ds were indeed a clan from an unknown country.
Old 2014-11-19, 08:15   Link #4
marvelB

Updated the summary a bit. Though to be honest, I wonder if that was even necessary considering the chapter felt a bit on the short side this time, heh.
Old 2014-11-19, 09:00   Link #5
james0246

Is Jinbei heading to Skypiea? Hopefully that is the way the splash page coverstory is going.
Old 2014-11-19, 11:36   Link #6
itachi-san314

this doflamingo fight and backstory have been awesome. it's some of the best stuff in the series and worthy of such a cool villain
Old 2014-11-19, 11:40   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
So Law said something about a family of D living in a faraway land. Did it really say "family"? I can't trust Manga Panda's translations. Anyways, if the translation is correct then the Ds were indeed a clan from an unknown country.
It said "ichizoku" which can be translated by "family", but in this case I'd say "clan" is more accurate.
Old 2014-11-19, 12:47   Link #8
golgo13

Welp turns out Rocinante was a Marine and recruited by Sengoku. Recruited at such a young age, I wonder if Drake had a similar path and if he is still working with the Marines..

Surprised that DD was hit by Law simply because Law stated he was a D. Slowly the immense build up of DD is getting widdled away. A once unstoppable character is being brought down to earth. A bit disappointing since DD knows Laws capabilities, but that is how the cookie crumbles.

Its interesting that Law used haki to stop DDs strings. I wonder if full body haki would prevent DD from controlling his victim. Or maybe haki spin mode would take out the strings.

I wonder if Law will be taken out here by DD or Trebol for the remainder or if he will continue. Maybe someone else will come to face Trebol.

It also looks like Trebol is playing the role of mentor / advisor, maybe he use to be DDs slave??
Old 2014-11-19, 13:10   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this chapter is like a summary for whole battles so far

I wonder why they are waiting for Doflamingo to be defeated first... They should defeat all the minions first before the boss got defeated
at this point, I totally don't mind if Law is the one who finished Doflamingo and not Luffy
All for Corazon!!!!
Old 2014-11-19, 13:40   Link #10
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
at this point, I totally don't mind if Law is the one who finished Doflamingo and not Luffy
All for Corazon!!!!
i would prefer it. this entire arc (punk hazard included) has been mostly about law and doflamingo's rivalry. if luffy beats/kills him then it would feel lackluster for me. besides, mucus vs rubber sounds like a fun fight
Old 2014-11-19, 16:25   Link #11
marvelB

Personally, I see Luffy and Law teaming together to take down Doflamingo. As far as Trebol goes, maybe Robin will take him on since Barto sent her ahead (kinda wished she stayed to fight Gladius, but there's already two supernovas taking him on, so....). At least, I'm HOPING that Robin gets a boss fight this arc....

Also, going back to Dellinger, I think that makes him the third part fish-person we've seen in the series, yes? The only other ones I remember was Big Pan from Foxy's crew (who was a half-giant fish guy) and Kokoro's granddaughter from Water 7 (who was 1/4 mermaid)....
Old 2014-11-19, 18:55   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

When was the last time Robin got an actual boss fight? Not counting the whole crew vs Orz and such...
Old 2014-11-19, 19:39   Link #13
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
When was the last time Robin got an actual boss fight? Not counting the whole crew vs Orz and such...
when she grabbed franky's "jewels"
Old 2014-11-19, 20:42   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

The last "proper" boss fight she had was against Yama from Skypiea (that fat dude who was the commander of Eneru's army). She wrecked him real good too in that fight.....

Otherwise.... maybe Spandam, lol?
Old 2014-11-19, 21:24   Link #15
Rainbowman

The only highlight of this chapter for me is Law giving an injection to Doflamingo. Maybe in the next chapter while Doflamingo is drugged that Luffy will finish him off.
Old 2014-11-20, 11:59   Link #16
Burden

What is D? :< THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!
Old 2014-11-20, 14:10   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The last "proper" boss fight she had was against Yama from Skypiea (that fat dude who was the commander of Eneru's army). She wrecked him real good too in that fight.....

Otherwise.... maybe Spandam, lol?
that's actually pretty sad for one of my favorite characters. now i hope she gets to solo beat trebol
Old 2014-11-21, 07:37   Link #18
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 768
That is a good chapter. Unless law has been holding back his fighting skills I think this is going to be a one sided fight. Daflamingo has been cocky and arrogant when it comes to dealing with Law. Once he straightens out and realizes that law is a lost cause then he will be deadly. Has for Law using the stone to switch places, this shows his teleport techniques needs objects in certain areas (within the room) to switch places with. He should make the room bigger and have it encompass half the Island. Then throw two or more objects and teleport players like Zoro, Colossieum fighters, or Sabo. That would change up the game big time. Maybe even lay stones on the ground throughout the fight in certain areas. Use them has teleport stations to move around the field. It is a shame that Laws power requires stamina. If this were like a logia fruit he could spam the crap out of it. Law could even use the birdcage against Daflamingo. He could literally teleport henchmen or Daflamingo outside. This would at least force him to take down the barrier.
Old 2014-11-22, 04:14   Link #19
The Small One

If I were Law, I would teleport some seastone handcuffs to Doffy's hands. Or maybe just some seastone directly inside of his body.
Then at least Doffy wouldn't be able to use his powers.
Old 2014-11-22, 05:56   Link #20
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If I were Law, I would teleport some seastone handcuffs to Doffy's hands. Or maybe just some seastone directly inside of his body.
Then at least Doffy wouldn't be able to use his powers.
Can his ability even affect things made out of seastone?