AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-24, 17:32   Link #4121
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So Sakaki and the God Fist were once rivals like Kenichi and Tanimoto. And Akira actually has 1 win over him very interesting.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 18:11   Link #4122
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The fight I have wanted since they first introduced Akira. Damn it gets my adrenaline going.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 21:43   Link #4123
Shadow5YA

Did anyone notice how they glossed over Tanimoto's allegiance so easily? Before they made it so ambiguous on where his allegiance lied.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-24, 21:45   Link #4124
ellifeedn
Thinker

Will we finally get a full backstory for Sakaki?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 00:17   Link #4125
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I am definitely looking forward to Sakaki vs Akira. I have to admit though, I do kind of want the God Fist to win.
Old 2011-05-25, 01:32   Link #4126
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Spoiler:
I wouldn't go by that translation, but rather the other major one that's out there. Whoever does that one is too inaccurate, even if they do provide a quicker one. Akira's not the successor child, rather that page was talking about how Akira raised the successor and how impressive he must be to convince the rest of One Shadow Nine Fists to admit Shou was the best.

Anyhow, I'm still not sure we're going to get Sakaki vs Akira just yet...this chapter moreorless reaffirmed he's in the top tier of One Shadow Nine Fists though. Was also nice to see a villain training his disciples for a change.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 02:01   Link #4127
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Funny you use the word villain because Akira is probably one of the most honorable men in Yami.

He happens to practice the Satsujinken but unlike Kensei and a few others, he doesn't hurt innocent people and he cares for his disciples. He's a good guy following the wrong path.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 02:49   Link #4128
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
I wouldn't go by that translation, but rather the other major one that's out there. Whoever does that one is too inaccurate, even if they do provide a quicker one. Akira's not the successor child, rather that page was talking about how Akira raised the successor and how impressive he must be to convince the rest of One Shadow Nine Fists to admit Shou was the best.

Anyhow, I'm still not sure we're going to get Sakaki vs Akira just yet...this chapter moreorless reaffirmed he's in the top tier of One Shadow Nine Fists though. Was also nice to see a villain training his disciples for a change.
Sorry..,I Made a mistake, I was tired, and I was wrong to interpret what I read.
Old 2011-05-25, 04:04   Link #4129
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Will we finally get a full backstory for Sakaki?
Yes, with this we know practically everything about the past all master in Ryozanpaku?
Old 2011-05-25, 05:17   Link #4130
Tri-ring

Quote:
Yes, with this we know practically everything about the past all master in Ryozanpaku?
I don't remember reading about Akisame's past.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 05:43   Link #4131
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I don't remember reading about Akisame's past.
I'm not exactly sure where it is (have to double check) but I've heard that Akisame was best friends with Saiga Fuurinji, now known as the One Shadow, as a youth. He even told Kenichi that he shared a lot of Saiga's traits. And should Saiga ever make himself known, it would either be Akisame or the Elder who'll fight him. Hope this helps.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 06:46   Link #4132
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Funny you use the word villain because Akira is probably one of the most honorable men in Yami.

He happens to practice the Satsujinken but unlike Kensei and a few others, he doesn't hurt innocent people and he cares for his disciples. He's a good guy following the wrong path.
Yeah, he even kept his own disciples from killing each other lol
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 07:56   Link #4133
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
You also forgot about the elder, whose adventures would probably make an entire series all on their own.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 10:17   Link #4134
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I'm not exactly sure where it is (have to double check) but I've heard that Akisame was best friends with Saiga Fuurinji, now known as the One Shadow, as a youth. He even told Kenichi that he shared a lot of Saiga's traits. And should Saiga ever make himself known, it would either be Akisame or the Elder who'll fight him. Hope this helps.
Not really much on his past tho is it, I'm sure we'll dive deeper later on but atm him and Ma Kensei we know quite little of their pasts.
Other than a few basic outlines, we have no idea why/how they came to Ryozanpaku.

Well besides, the Sasaki vs Akira line up, we also got Shigure vs Mikuchin on the table(I'm all for a cat fight but I wouldn't mind seeing the Akisame fight, 2 jujutsu masters should also prove interesting)
I'd actually like to see Shigure go up against an weapon master, equal to the Shadow Fist.
I'm guessing Ma Kensei and his brother will probably fight once again.

Oddly not bothered about who Kenichi fights, unless it involves Chikage-chan, or Rimi-chan!
Old 2011-05-25, 10:32   Link #4135
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
You also forgot about the elder, whose adventures would probably make an entire series all on their own.
The Elder was excluded of course, but you' re right,For his, adventures would take a whole series,especially when it was partner with Mikumo ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not really much on his past tho is it, I'm sure we'll dive deeper later on but atm him and Ma Kensei we know quite little of their pasts.
Other than a few basic outlines, we have no idea why/how they came to Ryozanpaku.

Well besides, the Sasaki vs Akira line up, we also got Shigure vs Mikuchin on the table(I'm all for a cat fight but I wouldn't mind seeing the Akisame fight, 2 jujutsu masters should also prove interesting)
I'd actually like to see Shigure go up against an weapon master, equal to the Shadow Fist.
I'm guessing Ma Kensei and his brother will probably fight once again.

Oddly not bothered about who Kenichi fights, unless it involves Chikage-chan, or Rimi-chan!
I hope that Miu and Renka to fight against them.
Old 2011-05-25, 13:13   Link #4136
NoLongerSane

I really enjoyed this chapter as it was an indication of the calm before the storm type of set up. Really like how Kenichi and Tanimoto relationship as rivals are brought up and how poor Tanimoto still whips out the threats in order to fight against that cliche. It's going to be interesting to see how the upcoming Sakaki/Akira match is going to play out since both seem equally match dispite the win loss record that was stated by Sakaki. Really enjoyed the training equipment that Akira is going to use to train his two disciples.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 16:58   Link #4137
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Really enjoyed the training equipment that Akira is going to use to train his two disciples.
That made me think if Kenichi would switch masters....
Old 2011-05-28, 15:48   Link #4138
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

"for 432"
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-28, 15:50   Link #4139
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You know, I hope there's a time skip at the end, showing Tanimoto and Honoka married, and she still has him under her thumb
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 16:06   Link #4140
Xaturas

Quote:
"for 432"
Spoiler:
Time for Miu to go the Dark Force ...
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen