AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-22, 17:47   Link #421
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For the joyce of the Latin American fans the ANIMAX (Latin America) channel announced its teaser trailer for the premiere of Death Note which will begin broadcast in the channel on March 3rd, 2009.

It's been less than two years since Death Note (anime) ended in Japan and is going to start airing in my country. This week is going to be eternal to me.
Old 2009-02-23, 04:49   Link #422
Brandandi
Warrior

I love the anime and the manga. It's an awesome series !
Old 2009-02-28, 02:27   Link #423
concavity

the Near arc ruled!!!
Old 2009-03-03, 03:50   Link #424
ArrowSmith

Wonderful ending. Very poignant.
Old 2009-03-03, 04:16   Link #425
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
Spoiler for for L:
Old 2009-03-03, 17:07   Link #426
ArrowSmith

Anyways I thought the way Light died was beautiful. I wish I could go out like that.

Last edited by ArrowSmith; 2009-03-05 at 00:31.
Old 2009-04-28, 17:46   Link #427
[R]yuk-T

Am i going crazy?
I finished watching Death Note, and i just cant stop thinking about Light's death.
Im watching the ending over & over again. [just the last 5 min], and i cant believe its over.
Death Note is a truley amazing well done anime.
I didnt cry yet but i feel like im going too. [i know, its just an anime, i feel stupid....].

This anime touched me really deeply.
I know myself, now it will take me time to get over it.
I know that now everyday i will watch the end over & over again.
Its never happend to me with another anime.

I remember how its started so simpley, how he found the book... how he saw Ryuk in the first time.... and in the end he just died.
Cant stop thinking about it.

Am i just crazy? ;_;
Old 2009-04-29, 07:48   Link #428
Vicious108

Not at all, it's perfectly natural to not want something that you really enjoyed to end and to feel sadness when it does end. Doesn't matter if it's anime or not. But instead of watching the ending over and over again you could move on to the manga or the movies to try out new things.
Old 2009-04-30, 05:12   Link #429
[R]yuk-T

Is Ryuk in the movie playing by a real human, or its a computer?

I think its a computer.
Old 2009-04-30, 05:19   Link #430
Vicious108

Yes, it's a "computer" but his voice is still done by the same guy who plays him in the TV series.
Old 2009-06-24, 06:19   Link #431
KimmyChan

The anime series of Death Note is just amazing, so well made & keeps to the manga story well
Old 2009-07-30, 21:45   Link #432
Miki_von_Beuken
MIKI_VON_BEUKEN!

Send a message via Yahoo to Miki_von_Beuken
I actually Just finnished the series, and I noticed there was alot of questioning about good and evil. Very few were answered. Which gave me frustration. I mean, if they wern't going to have an answer and leave it up to us to ponder about it, then why bring it up when theres way too many open questions that can have more than one answer to it? Thats just me though. It was okay, and rational to ask at the begining but it seems they kept asking. Over all i enjoyed the series. I cryed when L died. (yah big baby!! ) hehe
Old 2009-08-16, 22:21   Link #433
wrongful1212

the idea of death note come from the Constantine,the battle between Lucifer ,the fallen angel and the Gabriel the most trusted angel,for me that is my conclusion for this story
Old 2009-08-16, 22:53   Link #434
Tofu Prod
Founder

Send a message via AIM to Tofu Prod
Ryuuk ROCKS! Have you guys seen the LIVE ACTION MOVIE? There's 3 of them...
Old 2009-12-28, 04:20   Link #435
EmoTacoFilling

Question Light...?

I can't tell about him.Is he a crazed killer all the time, or is it the Notebook causing him to be like that? Because he seemed alright when he was in solitary confinement, but as soon as he got back the notebook he got all evil again. Is that like some alter ego of his? Is the power hungry man who would kill anyone and everyone the same one who is nice, smart, and has a altogether good life, because it doesn't seem possible to me.
Old 2009-12-28, 15:23   Link #436
Doodles214
Taco Cat is watching you

after L died and i noticed there were plenty more episodes, i didn't think it would be very interesting (i was sure that Kira would take the world into his hands). But, with the introduction of Near (and to a MUCH lesser extent, Mello) the series easily managed to sustain its quality in its sometimes overwhelming complexity.
Old 2009-12-30, 18:09   Link #437
ArrowSmith

What I liked is how Madhouse kept to the spirit of the manga, yet elevated it further with new scenes and a glorious soundtrack. In particular the scene a later episode that uses the sound cue "Death Image" from OST #3.
Old 2010-01-01, 16:06   Link #438
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

random thoughts

i wonder what would happen if light win against near at the end, will the whole orphanage come pouring down on him? I would love to see other letters in the alphabet
Old 2010-01-02, 18:04   Link #439
kmacthakilla
Returning Champ

so this is a random thought thread?

ok:
first off, love death note. i think L is over rated and Kira is the coolest cat on the block.
Spoiler for death note, when l dies:

but anyways, death note, pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
random thoughts

i wonder what would happen if light win against near at the end, will the whole orphanage come pouring down on him? I would love to see other letters in the alphabet
it doesnt matter cuz he didn't! jk.

the thing is that the show wouldn't explain the aftermath of a whole different ending if it didn't with the regualure ending.

and the whole orphanige, probably wouldn't. they woulda figured it out and killed light, or maybe he would have just killed off the less challenging orphanige. but anyways with how crazy the show got at the end, i dought that it would have countinued if it could have(by changing the manga series) because it was just to messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Anyways I thought the way Light died was beautiful. I wish I could go out like that.
getting shot to death by your dads friends and your coworkers? and a demon in the next room letting you die by writing your name down?!?

...but it did have some nice music playing...

Last edited by xris; 2010-01-02 at 18:30. Reason: Please make use of the multi-quote button instead of double/triple posting
Old 2010-01-02, 21:02   Link #440
ArrowSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacthakilla View Post
getting shot to death by your dads friends and your coworkers? and a demon in the next room letting you die by writing your name down?!?

...but it did have some nice music playing...
Well there was all that beautiful music playing!
Closed Thread