AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-07-22, 11:20   Link #61
Matt122005

Hmm.....2 more chapters to go still before vol. 2 is finished.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 11:23   Link #62
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think I've got a new favorite character. That student council president sounds great.
I was actually confused for a long time thinking it was Ami "finally showing her true self" because the illustrations look so similar.

When I read it I finally got the deal, but before that, I totally didn't expect the girl in the picture to be a different one...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 17:41   Link #63
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

yea me too the president looks so much like ami lol!!! Anyway chapter 5 was awesome once again thank you guys for translating it!
Old 2008-07-24, 11:20   Link #64
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I too got confused by that illustration in chapter 5 at first. Upon closer inspection of that and the content page illustration, Sumire (the president) has much longer hair and a more mature look than Psycho Ami.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 09:04   Link #65
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Does anyone else feel strange that students go about how cute and beautiful Ami is while when you look at novel illustrations Sumire looks at least three times better? For some reason Ami looks worser than Sumire and Taiga... It's kind of weird that they stress out her beauty so much but in actual illustrations she isn't that impressive at all...

Well anoher thing, though I do agree that Taige is less physically abusive than Louise, find her much more annoying that ZnT heroine. Maybe her total moe-iness annoys me (you know, clumsy girl thing) like her dumb acting around her crush or how she keeps using Ryouji even though she doesn't feel much towards him but si still preventing him getting close to his own crush. For me she is much more annoying than Louise somehow...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 21:38   Link #66
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

nah, its probably you reading too much ZnT

while they both share some similarities, they have different flaws (Louise is abusive on the physical aspect while Taiga is more on the verbal side) so comparing them other than their looks and that "dog" comment is like comparing apples and... pineapples?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 01:30   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Does anyone else feel strange that students go about how cute and beautiful Ami is while when you look at novel illustrations Sumire looks at least three times better? For some reason Ami looks worser than Sumire and Taiga... It's kind of weird that they stress out her beauty so much but in actual illustrations she isn't that impressive at all...
*raises hand*
It was really strange, really. I guess the blame is on the illustrator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well anoher thing, though I do agree that Taige is less physically abusive than Louise, find her much more annoying that ZnT heroine. Maybe her total moe-iness annoys me (you know, clumsy girl thing) like her dumb acting around her crush or how she keeps using Ryouji even though she doesn't feel much towards him but si still preventing him getting close to his own crush. For me she is much more annoying than Louise somehow...
I do agree now that Taiga is more annoying than Louise. Her selfishness (and anger management issues) really can get on nerves, especially when she stops Ryuji from advancing his relationship with Minori, going you can't until after I succeed. Lucky for her, Ryuji is one of the usual "nice guy" character, so he really won't do anything to her to stop it.
That "moe/clumsy" part of her... It feels like some stupid tag-on to Taiga to make her seem "cute" to the readers.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 18:14   Link #68
Darknemo2000

Supah Em, yes and no. While they are different they still have similarities. Well personally I always liked tsundere characters - Louise, Shana, Asuka (from evangelion, who is verbally abusive tsundere btw) or Hariuhi (I know, she isn't pure tsundere) or Kaname, but Taiga is the first tsundere that really REALLY gets on my nerves and irritates me a lot.

Which I find weird as again I usually like tsunderes.

I sometimes even start thinking that that freako Ami would be better couple with Ryuji than the annoying tiger.

Another thing that I find annoying about Taiga, is that she can really verbally hurt Ryouji and do not give a damn. I mean Louise usually hurts Saito a lot but if she feels like she stepped bit too much over the line she tries hard to apologize (like the part with Julio) she really doesnt try to hurt Saito emotionally while Taiga though doesnt beat him up as much does not really care if her verbal attacks may actually hurt Ryouji.
Old 2008-07-29, 06:10   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That... was quite an evil cliffhanger to end volume 2 on. It had to come sooner or later, though. I'm really curious about what the repercussions are going to be.

Also, I kinda want to know who Yuusaku loves.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:59   Link #70
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
For sure not Taiga.

Spoiler:

...unless the author pulls a fast one on us.

The other three ladies...hmm, I'd lol if it's Minori, so I'd like to it be Minori. XD The President sounds Haruhi-ish though, so she's interesting, but Maruo-kun is no Kyon. And well, nobody deserves Haruhi but Kyon (yes! you too! you with the Haruhi huggles pillow who's reading this!)
Old 2008-07-29, 10:01   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it could be Taiga. He allegedly didn't get understand her confession.
Old 2008-07-29, 10:49   Link #72
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
For sure not Taiga.

[spoiler]... And well, nobody deserves Haruhi but Kyon ...
Are you saying deserves as a ''punishment/curse'' or as a ''reward/blessing'' ?
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 12:33   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It's not obvious? Clearly Sumire. Su-mi-re. Think about the way he acted around her (and the hint during the part where Ryuji was thinking about who)... (More like, quite obvious already...)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-07-29, 12:59   Link #74
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Well, it could be Taiga. He allegedly didn't get understand her confession.
Well, he might make a throwback if,
Spoiler:
but I think he'd consider her off-limits since to everyone but themselves, and especially Maruo-kun who wasn't included in Taiga's Gag Rule made in volume 1 (don't talk about this or get killed by the tiger), Taiga and Takasu seems like they do have something going on. Best friends don't touch each others' girls, unless it's a shoujo manga, then the Best Friend of the Male Lead is actually a harem inclusion as the nice guy who cares for the main girl but gives up in the end to the main couple's true love 'n stuff.

His reaction in volume 1's "climax" scene is after all an indication of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Are you saying deserves as a ''punishment/curse'' or as a ''reward/blessing'' ?
The art of language is to imply two opposing meanings with one word, and let the audience decides.
Old 2008-07-29, 13:09   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He might still love her and decide she's off limit for Takasu's sake.
Old 2008-07-29, 13:18   Link #76
Darknemo2000

It's Sumire clearly. The ones that write different variants obviously haven't payed attention to the hints.
Old 2008-07-29, 13:33   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Dunno. When she appeared, I was all "Wait. Could it be...?" But now I get the feeling it's too obvious. And not a source of enough angst.
Old 2008-07-29, 14:20   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Dunno. When she appeared, I was all "Wait. Could it be...?" But now I get the feeling it's too obvious. And not a source of enough angst.
The problem here is that you are expecting too much from this series. If you want to look for a series with lots of unexpected things, look elsewhere, because Toradora isn't the best source...
PS: Toradora isn't good at angst.

Old 2008-08-04, 16:11   Link #79
DanielSong39

For a change of pace, you could always go back to the author's previous work - Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun.

I can understand why Toradora! is more popular but I feel Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun has the better-crafted story and more compelling characters. No real complaints about Toradora!, however - it's certainly enjoyable enough.

Man, when are Ryuji and Taiga going to get together for real? I have a feeling that things will get even more amusing afterwards...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 17:16   Link #80
Darknemo2000

Serenade will probably agree with you there, while I would say Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun is far from being good.

For me the story always felt incredibly predictable and rmained like that to the very end, both girls were very stereotypical (can't say that Toradora is much better), yet they were not bad, what was uttarly dissapointing for me was the utter and unrealistic idiot male lead in Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun. I totally hated him.

Ryuji is at least not unrealistically idiotic.

Tags
light novels, shounen