AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 11:17   Link #221
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I get the feeling that this "man among men" assist will possibly get the nerf hammer. I hope it doesn't get to that, but since the assist seems so popular and not to mention godly, you may never know.
Well yeah, there's the issue of calling him in at the right time for that... it's not like he magically pops out of nowhere to stop the attack automatically or something...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 14:13   Link #222
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Interview explaining several decisions in the game:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/00...9/index-2.html

"Kamijou Touma is a popular character, but it's hard to make him a playable character, as he is a character who can only bounce back (or reject) attacks. He is a prime example of how you can still include the character in the game, but having him as a support."

Getting a side the choice of word that Tera-D used (跳ね返す usually means reflect/come back/bounce back more than reject), I don't buy the reason that Touma isn't playable. Yes, he might seem boring as he only bunch and cancel attacks, but they seem to forget that he could be made into a character like Captain Commando in MvC2. Using support characters as part of his special attacks. Just look at all the people in the Kamijou Group. Even with the core members like Index, Railgun, Itsuwa, Sisters, Himegami and Orsola, you have enough attacks. That not even including the other characters that would help out, or be reasonable to help out.
Calling for help and using summons that isn't very Touma like, really, and maybe it's just easier to go for characters with a more diverse and balanced move roster or just more potential for crazy stuff, like Shizuo's superstrenght. Kuroyukihime gets away with it because she's summoning herself and doing stuff we know she does (relatively) normally.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 00:40   Link #223
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So Touma just blocks attacks, but what if he punches them? Will the opponent's super meter will be disabled for a short time?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 01:18   Link #224
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
So Touma just blocks attacks, but what if he punches them? Will the opponent's super meter will be disabled for a short time?
1 hit KO + Charm.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 07:17   Link #225
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
1 hit KO + Charm.
Except the males, they get their own charm points increased tenfold.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:52   Link #226
TheSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Your point is really moot in this thread. This game is obviously targeted towards Dengeki fanbase to milk us dry......
It's not about what is deserving or what makes better games, it's about where the money is.
It may be targeted to us, but that doesn't mean others can't complain about it :v .

Although honestly I don't really see how Dengeki Characters wouldn't work well in fighting games. Lots of diverse abilities that are ripe to be made into movesets, a variety within the tone and overall styles of the series, ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari
This makes the famous Daigo parry look like mere child's play. "Shrugs shoulders" Only Touma could pull off something like this.
I'm guessing you're Kirito on Dustloop (same location, same comment on the video) ?
Old 2013-10-15, 00:38   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality

Does Touma just block stuff? I mean you're not going to be spamming a super from a full screen away unless you're going for chip dmg. Most people will combo into their supers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Getting a side the choice of word that Tera-D used (跳ね返す usually means reflect/come back/bounce back more than reject), I don't buy the reason that Touma isn't playable. Yes, he might seem boring as he only bunch and cancel attacks, but they seem to forget that he could be made into a character like Captain Commando in MvC2. Using support characters as part of his special attacks. Just look at all the people in the Kamijou Group. Even with the core members like Index, Railgun, Itsuwa, Sisters, Himegami and Orsola, you have enough attacks. That not even including the other characters that would help out, or be reasonable to help out.
Obviously they felt going with Mikasa and Accelerator (it will happen, you know it) as main characters and Touma as an assist was the better option instead of turning Touma into Captain Commando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
One of Kirino's supers involves having a crane machine falling on the opponent and then have her pick them up.

Kirino da gawd.

EDIT - Trailer in 60FPS (lol youtube)

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-10-15 at 03:45.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 20:47   Link #228
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSix View Post
It may be targeted to us, but that doesn't mean others can't complain about it :v .

Although honestly I don't really see how Dengeki Characters wouldn't work well in fighting games. Lots of diverse abilities that are ripe to be made into movesets, a variety within the tone and overall styles of the series, ect.

I'm guessing you're Kirito on Dustloop (same location, same comment on the video) ?
Did I say he can't complain? I was saying his point was moot, i.e. of little or no practical value or meaning, since we are talking about a game that Dengeki Bunko has a hand and money in it right here and the thread is not about Sega's new game but about the game itself and he's saying 'replace Dengeki with something that actually deserves an arcade fighting game for it'?? Complain away anyway but pointless here imo (especially w.r.t. the point on 'replacing Dengeki').
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 03:23   Link #229
Sumeragi
Banned

Looks like Kamijou Miko.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 04:08   Link #230
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Looks like Kamijou Miko.
this is Misaka with an alternate palette, right?
or are you referring to the palette's reference?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 04:12   Link #231
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
this is Misaka with an alternate palette, right?
or are you referring to the palette's reference?
Referring to the fact that the alternate Mikoto color looks like she's a Kamikoto Daughter. There was the suggestion that a daughter be named Miko.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 12:12   Link #232
Frontier

She looks surprisingly like Mii Konori .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 13:06   Link #233
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
The assist looks pretty situational by the looks of it. If a projectile attack were to hit him it would just block it, but if people were to strike him during the active phase of the assist they'd be blown back, like a counter move. The white flash is just used as a means to show where the effect of the move is, and how successful it is if the assist counters the move in question.

For example: White flash = The source and AoE of the assist and how it can be "set off" by certain conditions.
It doesn't seem *that* situational to me. It just seems like a great big FU to any attempts at aggression or rushdown.

Touma might not be brokenly OP, but he doesn't seem fun to play with or against...
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 15:22   Link #234
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Touma might not be brokenly OP, but he doesn't seem fun to play with or against...
I'd gladly play with him just to see how many supers he can block.

Anyway, it seems a few more details on the process of selecting characters have been revealed via interview with the director and the producer of the game:

Spoiler for Reasons of Space:
Old 2013-12-10, 06:49   Link #235
majestix1988

Spoiler for Here comes the new Characters:

O_o
Old 2013-12-10, 10:28   Link #236
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestix1988 View Post

O_o
Wow seriously?! And the
Spoiler:

... Those 3 might be support?
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 10:34   Link #237
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
... Those 3 might be support?
All three are support, just look at the screens.

Nevertheless

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-12-10, 23:30   Link #238
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestix1988 View Post

O_o
ugh now i really wish for characters from c3, horizon and denpa onna

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 23:50   Link #239
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Holo is support chara only and here I thought I found my main to use on the game
Old 2013-12-12, 14:24   Link #240
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Holo is support chara only and here I thought I found my main to use on the game
She'd have to transform in order to fight, and with that size it would be kinda one-sided, don't you think?

On a different note, boogiepop looks way less dark in the novel illustrations.

Tags
dengeki bunko, ps vita, ps3