Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 13:28   Link #9881
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A video guide to playing World of Tanks... now with 100% more Nishizumi Miho:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Playing with a stock Panzer IV is very much a bad idea... though setting that Tiger on fire made me

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 13:51   Link #9882
Blaat

It looks like they're already finished with the Japanese voices.
Old 2013-09-23, 14:14   Link #9883
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It looks like they're already finished with the Japanese voices.
Obviously, there isn't many lines to begin with in the game

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 14:48   Link #9884
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^^ The video was.... interesting.

Also, managed to make WoT run on my dad's notebook... at 8 fps!

I say it again, Intel sucks on performance.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 15:09   Link #9885
Gravitas Free Zone

They've gone all-out with this, my brain is wobbling between squee and imsoembarrassed.

Meanwhile, while I might think that after another 10000 games from the first time I tried to grind through the Lee that it would be easier.... it is not.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 15:34   Link #9886
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Meanwhile, while I might think that after another 10000 games from the first time I tried to grind through the Lee that it would be easier.... it is not.
I'm glad I'm an anal completest who wants to research every module and tank before moving on, I'll never have to buy M3 Lee ever again. Unless WG decides to start a new line from the M3,
Old 2013-09-23, 19:50   Link #9887
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Just you guys wait until WG sets the M3 Grant as the obstacle to the British LL line tanks, like the Firefly.

Also, video needs more Nonna.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 20:31   Link #9888
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm tempted to obtain her for my garage.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:08   Link #9889
Gravitas Free Zone

Sumeragi with a Soviet tank? What is this heresy?

And... my M3 Lee has nothing to live for now. Well, maybe a Top Gun, but I'm through with the T1 Heavy unlocking.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, putting camo on top of tank skins is interesting.
Old 2013-09-23, 22:30   Link #9890
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Assuming that next week's NA event will be this week's EU event, I re-purchased my T-34 (hey, not a bad choice anyway, though my best Soviet medium crews are currently underachieving three and four tiers up), will continue grinding to the AT 2, and... ye gods, why the hell am I going to bother going through the Lee and T1 Heavy???
The T-34 is never a bad choice. I doubt I'll actually go higher up the Soviet tiers (I'm looking at UK, US and German for my Tier 7), so I'll keep the crews on it and the T-34-85 and really train them up.

I've started the Lee again. Oh god the sheer utter painfulness of the Lee. I currently have 19.5k Free Exp saved up. Worse come to worse, when it's time for the event, I'll just free exp to make up the difference, and grind the T1 and get those 20 kills. I suspect AT-2 getting 20 kills is going to be significantly harder...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:35   Link #9891
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I suspect AT-2 getting 20 kills is going to be significantly harder...
In a tier 5 match against the usual low-IQ pubs, this is actually quite easy. Against people who actuall know what needs to be done though, yeah I can see how it can be hard.
Old 2013-09-23, 22:45   Link #9892
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I'm actually considering on ditching the T-43 and go for the 2nd soviet mediums instead, since they have a little more firepower. Unfortunately I have to unlock the T-34 and grind trough it. It will be hard work.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:03   Link #9893
Gravitas Free Zone

Now that the AT 2 and T1 HT are unlocked, I can pretty easily free-XP to the 6-pdr Mk. V on the AT 2 (much as the 3.7-inch howitzer's arcing shell trajectory was amusing, I don't like playing Battleship with my nominally-direct-fire guns).

It'll be rather more annoying to free-XP the good modules for the T1 HT. I'm probably not going to try to get the final engine up front, it's an entire tier 5's worth of free XP.
Old 2013-09-23, 23:07   Link #9894
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What is the pros of British Medium? I feel like at high tier they are pretty bad compare to other factions. Nothing strikes me as special about those tanks, and I rarely see one perform well either.
Old 2013-09-23, 23:25   Link #9895
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
In a tier 5 match against the usual low-IQ pubs, this is actually quite easy. Against people who actuall know what needs to be done though, yeah I can see how it can be hard.
My general assumption is that whenever I'm in an AT-2, I'm going to be going up against people who know what they're doing.

The 6-pdr is kinda hit and miss for me; on one hand, when it hits, it's brilliant. The problem, however, is that from time to time I'm going to end up running into Tier 6s and Tier 7s who I can't pen from the front, and they know it, so they charge my 6-pdr and then plant big rounds into my sides. The derp might not be the best possible gun, but it has guaranteed damage, which is better than nothing. Still wish the AT 2 had a turret though. -_-

Still, I'll give the 6-pdr another go tonight. Need to get more practice in the AT 2 anyway.

I think part of the reason I don't do so well with the 6-pdr is because in my Crusader, Cromwell or T-34, I can just back off and try to flank and put rounds in the side, whereas in the AT-2, I don't have that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I'm actually considering on ditching the T-43 and go for the 2nd soviet mediums instead, since they have a little more firepower. Unfortunately I have to unlock the T-34 and grind trough it. It will be hard work.
I can honestly say that I actually didn't really notice how I was grinding the T-34, because it's such a fun tank to play, and really, in every match you're in, you're going to be earning credits and exp, especially once you get the 57mm Zis-4 and start landing hits on everyone.

Everyone should have a T-34; it more than pays for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
What is the pros of British Medium? I feel like at high tier they are pretty bad compare to other factions. Nothing strikes me as special about those tanks, and I rarely see one perform well either.
Well, the low-tier ones are crap, IMO, but then we all knew that.

Matilda is one of the top five Tier 4 tanks, if not the best, due to its ridiculous amount of troll armor - 71mm allround. For comparison, the KV-1, Soviet Tier 5 Heavy Tank, has 76mm of armor: 5mm less. Great gun that can needle things to death, but crap speed.

Crusader, despite being a light tank, plays very much like a fast and fragile medium; I've had some pretty good games in it.

Cromwell is the only other British Med I've played. Kinda big, kinda boxy, but it has a great rate of fire and decent balance of DPM and alpha on the top gun, and it's pretty agile and manuverable. Compared to my T-34-85, I actually feel like my Cromwell is more powerful, since it's got that great speed and 3.55 seconds reload. (Wonder if the BIA perk would help that any.)

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-09-24 at 00:47.
Old 2013-09-24, 02:04   Link #9896
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
A-43 doesn't have more firepower though and that's what stopping me from doing the same thing, well that and being 18k away from eliting the T-43.
Old 2013-09-24, 07:09   Link #9897
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Gonna sell M3 Lee, it does not suit my playing style[Support, Sniper, Vanguard] and I dont felt like one using it[Yep, I just wasted 143k credits *damn it* AND I could have bought a rammer for my Matilda which can be turn into a machine gun because with it it`s reload is insanely fast ].

Finally I got 5 kills with fully upgraded T-28 during my last game today[no more torture haha because I mounted it with the best gun for it]
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:29   Link #9898
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

You might want to keep the Lee to unlock the T1 and M4, if you haven't unlocked them. But yeah, apart from that, there's no point keeping the Lee.

Like I saw somewhere, the biggest nightmare is if Wargaming decides to implement a Lend Lease line for the British Lend-Lease tanks... and the only way to the Sherman Firefly is to play the M3 Grant.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-24, 09:35   Link #9899
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
the Cromwell is one of the best tier 6 tank and the Comet is pretty much the best tier 7 medium.

the tier 8 and 9 Centurion though, they play like an unarmored heavy, big tank with high pen gun but paper hull armor, you have to hull down all the time cause the turret armor actually good but otherwise you will most likely get killed in a brawl.

the tier 10 FV4202 is just bad, while it might be very enjoyable to play thanks to its "ultimate comfort" stat with great gun depression and acceleration, the tank just ineffective in combat, paper armor everywhere with a gun that have no gold round, a really low speed for me med too.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:09   Link #9900
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
the tier 10 FV4202 is just bad, while it might be very enjoyable to play thanks to its "ultimate comfort" stat with great gun depression and acceleration, the tank just ineffective in combat, paper armor everywhere with a gun that have no gold round, a really low speed for me med too.
that tank is not really that bad if played correctly. Others says it`s a bad tank while the other says it`s an excellent tank.

I intend to grind for that tank
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks