AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-05, 08:22   Link #2461
grecefar

oh yeah... I recall that, lol I think I misunderstood what he said.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 15:39   Link #2462
Twi

Natural assumption. He didn't give context, only stated that its canon... which its technically not, since its only subtext at best. There's grounds for it, so if the writers just slip in a line with Misty saying something like "Tracy told me you'd be coming back while we were on the Cerulean Cape*" then we'd know the pair were getting real close. Mind you, I suspect they wouldn't so much as give a hint as to suggest that much given how bad shipping gets in this fandom.

* = Famous dating spot according to the game and Misty has gone on a date there in the games.
Old 2017-09-05, 17:16   Link #2463
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
It's not official. At the most, he went over to help her at the Gym one time Ash called, I think they had an episode in Chronicles, and her Azumarill came from his Marrill.
Quote:
Natural assumption. He didn't give context, only stated that its canon... which its technically not, since its only subtext at best. There's grounds for it, so if the writers just slip in a line with Misty saying something like "Tracy told me you'd be coming back while we were on the Cerulean Cape*" then we'd know the pair were getting real close. Mind you, I suspect they wouldn't so much as give a hint as to suggest that much given how bad shipping gets in this fandom.

* = Famous dating spot according to the game and Misty has gone on a date there in the games.
Not an assumption, it is heavily (emphasis on the heavy) implied in the Pokémon Chronicles series that they spend a lot of time visiting each other and NOT because he is doing errands for Oak, so it doesn't really matter if they mention each other or not to prove they are close.

Think about it, why would the writers have him he gift her the azurill when he could just have given it to Prof. Oak who is his idol and a Pokémon researcher? Or you know, to anyone else? He has met many of the people Ash has met and If I remember correctly Max and May were there when the egg was given (I could be wrong about this part since it's been a long time). Literally the only reason it isn't outright stated is because the genwunners would go on suicide watch the moment it did because you just know how crazy those AshxMisty fanboys are.

Oh yeah, by the way, Game Misty =/= Anime Misty, so mentioning Cerulean Cape makes no sense at all, especially if we get into the geographical location of said Cape in the anime.
Old 2017-09-05, 17:42   Link #2464
grecefar

nothing told in the anime not happening, nothing is going on with them so end of the story.
Old 2017-09-05, 18:06   Link #2465
Twi

^ Exactly.

@Chosen_Hero, I have no attachment to the notion of shipping and couldn't really care less who ends up with who, but unless they come right out and say it or showcase some kissing ala Serena, it's just an assumption and not fact, regardless of the reason. I'd be happy to see Tracy for a bit and would consider it actual progression to see the old characters moving on with their lives more if they showed the pairing more than anything.

And yes, I know the difference between Game and Anime Misty. It would have been an easter egg for the game players, who'd get the underlying meaning if they didn't come out with it that they are going out.
Old 2017-09-05, 18:38   Link #2466
teejmo

By the way, in the one Chronicles episode that Misty and Tracy are in together, it specifically says: "Love is in the air. ... No, it's not between Misty and Tracy." So...
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 19:16   Link #2467
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
^ Exactly.

@Chosen_Hero, I have no attachment to the notion of shipping and couldn't really care less who ends up with who, but unless they come right out and say it or showcase some kissing ala Serena, it's just an assumption and not fact, regardless of the reason. I'd be happy to see Tracy for a bit and would consider it actual progression to see the old characters moving on with their lives more if they showed the pairing more than anything.

And yes, I know the difference between Game and Anime Misty. It would have been an easter egg for the game players, who'd get the underlying meaning if they didn't come out with it that they are going out.
Me neither, doesn't mean I can't talk or am afraid to talk about it. As for Serena she was just plain old ship bait, Ash barely even noticed her half the time so I wouldn't exactly call that a romance more like a one sided (unhealthy) crush, it says a lot when they had to hide the "kiss" when in the past he has been kissed multiple times and it was shown. Again, that was just baiting for the sake of getting views and it was pretty apparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
By the way, in the one Chronicles episode that Misty and Tracy are in together, it specifically says: "Love is in the air. ... No, it's not between Misty and Tracy." So...
Yeah, because parallels, stand-ins and/or metaphorical imagery have never been used as a way of hinting and or pointing things the writers can't openly state due to certain regulations set in them. Nope, never happened before.

I know I can be critical of this series (mostly for anything after Sinnoh) but I am willing to give props to the writers when sneakily pulling something like this off.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2017-09-05 at 19:33.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 20:44   Link #2468
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yeah, because parallels, stand-ins and/or metaphorical imagery have never been used as a way of hinting and or pointing things the writers can't openly state due to certain regulations set in them. Nope, never happened before.
Sure, it's happened, but considering the supposed "parallels, stand-ins and/or metaphorical imagery" you seem to see in that episode are two Luvdisc in the ownership of Misty and Daisy, who later work together to take down the bad guys, I'm pretty sure this is simply a case of being convinced of something that's not there. Hell, when Daisy brought up an idea for a water ballet with Misty and Tracy as the romantic interests, the only reaction she got was both of them not really that excited about the clothes. For what it's worth, it's Misty's other two sisters, Violet and Lily, who end up doing the play (Tracy even comments that Lily "looks much better in those tights" than he would ).

So do I see chemistry between the two? Nah. Besides, this is a show geared to young children, so I doubt the writers really are trying to pair everyone off with each other.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 23:22   Link #2469
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Sure, it's happened, but considering the supposed "parallels, stand-ins and/or metaphorical imagery" you seem to see in that episode are two Luvdisc in the ownership of Misty and Daisy, who later work together to take down the bad guys, I'm pretty sure this is simply a case of being convinced of something that's not there. Hell, when Daisy brought up an idea for a water ballet with Misty and Tracy as the romantic interests, the only reaction she got was both of them not really that excited about the clothes. For what it's worth, it's Misty's other two sisters, Violet and Lily, who end up doing the play (Tracy even comments that Lily "looks much better in those tights" than he would ).

So do I see chemistry between the two? Nah. Besides, this is a show geared to young children, so I doubt the writers really are trying to pair everyone off with each other.
Quick question, was it the english or japanese version that you took this from? Because there are huge discrepancies between both versions, never trust the english dub version, especially when it comes to the older episodes under 4kids. A lot of shady shit went on in the dub version during that time (for example, did you know that the whole misty song thing didn't exist in the original version at all? That was 4kids ship baiting for genwunner views).

Hmm, I would go and watch the original japanese dub to fact check but I can't seem to find it anywhere, like at all... that's kind of disturbing...

Dude it's anime, they would pair Brock with one of his sisters if they could and I'm not going to lie, kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet (not that I want it to) and we just had a season with Serena, a girl that set off on an adventure just to follow some boy she met for five minutes in the past and Bonnie/Eureka who's entire existence depended on trying to get her brother laid. Your and many others "it's a kids show therefore no pairing" arguement doesn't hold up. Come on, there is an episode where a kid literally asks Misty if he can suck in her breasts, kids show right?

But whatever, like I said a few posts back the anime has been slowly retconning (or outright forgetting) a lot of things since B/W season so I don't expect this whole thing to even pop up, much less Tracy still existing (apparently a lot of people hate him for some reason), if he even makes an appearance in the background I will definitely be shocked.
Old 2017-09-07, 20:26   Link #2470
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm pretty sure there's this unsaid situation on the show where they don't evem have a headcanon anymore and are just doing things here and there to see what they can try to get away with. They're banking on the fact that older viewers want to enjoy stuff so they'll suspend disbelief or try to make sense of it in some warped way if necessary and younger viewers won't really question anything at all because they'll just enjoy the show and then the youngest viewers of all will just watch the newest season as their season 1 since they're just getting into Pokemon. I wish they tried harder since I don't think it'd actually be that hard to do so lol, but really they're just too lazy. Though I think the biggest reason is that they want new fans and their biggest demographic is young people and to get lots of viewers for their new stuff, they can't really have that many outright heavy references to old stuff that'll make viewers feel the need to watch 900+ episodes to get the full enjoyment out of the current season. That's my understanding anyway, and it seems pretty likely to be true IMO.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 23:04   Link #2471
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Dude it's anime, they would pair Brock with one of his sisters if they could and I'm not going to lie, kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet (not that I want it to) and we just had a season with Serena, a girl that set off on an adventure just to follow some boy she met for five minutes in the past and Bonnie/Eureka who's entire existence depended on trying to get her brother laid. Your and many others "it's a kids show therefore no pairing" arguement doesn't hold up. Come on, there is an episode where a kid literally asks Misty if he can suck in her breasts, kids show right?
remember japan have a "different vision" about what is "kid friend" from western, for then shows with "boobs", with some weird things even with "poo" can be kid friendly and they don't mind as long it not goes too straight pervert", then is fine, then have some situations where we could see as weird in a kid show can be safe for them.
Old 2017-09-08, 04:14   Link #2472
elior

well thatt intresting information. it said that some kind of intreview suggested ash will travel to outher regions as well besides kanto
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 12:32   Link #2473
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
well thatt intresting information. it said that some kind of intreview suggested ash will travel to outher regions as well besides kanto
I've been hearing that around lately. Are the ratings for this new series that bad that they have to resort to this?

NA, jokingly aside this would be awesome and a way to get me to stay tuned in.

I'm hoping maybe Tracey appears at the end of the gym battle episode to give information and explain why he wasn't there to greet him, I'd be ok with that.

This would be a way to bring back a lot of characters, I miss Dawn and Serena

Imagine seeing Gary a and Paul and Richi again ( My least favorite of all Ash's rivals)

Guess will see if this is true the next episode title after these two.

Edit:

Crap, shipping Wars in here too. Can never escape them from the Pokemon fandom.

Some one dissing my Ash X Serena pairing? Ok, better step out before I explod of anger.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 17:51   Link #2474
Twi

New trailer dropped for USUM:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-09-14, 14:34   Link #2475
Chosen_Hero

So I am catching up to the anine and well... wow, did they really censor Olivia with that coat(?) in the anime? At this point Gladion is the only character that is even anywhere near being consistent with his original version (apart from his Pokémon team), I would also say Kukui but until we see his wife and his Mask Royal persona that is still up in the air.
Old 2017-09-14, 16:25   Link #2476
elior

Whoa, what happened to the Cerulean Gym?! i wonder how much money misty spend on remodeled it into battle stedium https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2YzF-VdQ-Q
Old 2017-09-14, 17:43   Link #2477
Chosen_Hero

^She used the magic of retcon.

Edit: So I just finished the episode with Olivia's Grand Trial... I am 200% sure that that is not exactly how Stealh Rock works. Also, I have been noticing that the anime is half assing the Z-move dances and that the episodes animation and art quality has been going down as the anime keeps going.

Edit 2: And now Ash-Lycanroc (a.k.a. Bullshit-Lycanroc) has been born. Wow, Tapu Lele really doesn't give a single fuck, huh?

Edit 3: Wait a minute... You are telling me that Jessie had pretty much given up on the fight, yet the others just cheer Ash on to use a Z move while she not only had her back turned to him, but was clearly giving up due to Mimikyu noy listening? WHAT. THE. FUCK? And these guys are supposed to be the good guys? At least Team Rocket (as annoying as it is) have a good reason for cheating, they the are frickin bad guys. Also, is every bird in Alola that isn't Rowlet an asshole?

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2017-09-15 at 01:18.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 09:17   Link #2478
Galaxian

We can be cynical about this series all we want, but at least the first Kanto episode was entertaining.

Funny gags like the characters reacting to the Kanto and Alolan version of Pokemon, Kiwame feeling sorry for Kanto Dugtrio's baldness was the best one, and all the throwback, specially the return of Jigglypuff, make this episode a definite bright spot in a very underwhelming season.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 18:46   Link #2479
grecefar

Agreed this chapter was more funny than anything, but it was a shame that ash couldn't show off his pokemon, only his tauros, muk and bulbasaur were there, maybe charizard returned to the valley, I wanted to see snivy ;-;. Cute mew cameo at the end.

Kaki leaving the islands to become a trainer by the end of alola begining in kanto?
Old 2017-09-15, 18:52   Link #2480
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Agreed this chapter was more funny than anything, but it was a shame that ash couldn't show off his pokemon, only his tauros, muk and bulbasaur were there, maybe charizard returned to the valley, I wanted to see snivy ;-;. Cute mew cameo at the end.

Kaki leaving the islands to become a trainer by the end of alola begining in kanto?
the next episode will be intresting since we never seen ash vs misty gym battle back then so it like rematch