AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 1 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-11-18, 22:46   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Love Live! Sunshine!! Second Season, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-19, 04:23   Link #2
Ernietheracefan

What a gut-wrenching episode..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-19, 10:24   Link #3
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well then... at the first half I was just thinking "get on with it!", but then I went "oh... ok". I'll admit, that latter part was hard to watch for completely different reasons. For a moment I thought the rest of the series would be drama, but thankfully the fans came in to save the day. Please don't scare us like that again, Chika, you were too close to become Honoka in the worst way possible.

I'm sure this episode will get criticized, if not bashed, for all kinds of fans, from those who always hated the school part to just those who demand a certain kind of pacing (and that last one has justification), but it did give me feelings in the end, and that was clearly the intention, so I can't say it was a bad one.

Next time, ZURA! And snow (not the Saint kind)!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-19, 12:28   Link #4
inisipis

Looks like Hanamaru ate a little too much on the next episode, zura.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-19, 13:34   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mari's father is a dick. I'm surprised none of the girls called out what a sham this extension he so graciously gave them was. I mean, how many people would send an application in the middle of the night? I'm surprised there were so many in fact.
Old 2017-11-21, 17:20   Link #6
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched it yesterday. Chika and the others did an amazing performance, but not enough time to save the school. Good thing the other students helped Chika get out of despair mode.

From looking at things... it looks like Mari's dad is the bad guy, but it's possible that there are some other people pushing for the school to be closed / merged.. because I heard someone say in this episode that it's not entirely Mari's dad who decides things.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 14:26   Link #7
Laevatein

After this, I really hope that the writers don't pull something out of their ass so the school ends up getting saved in the end anyway.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 13:57   Link #8
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
After this, I really hope that the writers don't pull something out of their ass so the school ends up getting saved in the end anyway.
I don't doubt it...

Anyway, I don't blame Mari's dad, he is doing more than he should, but for me, the real jerk in the episode is Chika. I know you are depressed, but so are your dear friends, and you, as the leader, is the one who needs to tie them together, and don't forget that either you save the school or not, it is the last LL for the 3rd years

Sorry Chika, I've never liked you very much, but with this, you get the bottom of the list, just along Ruby
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 14:18   Link #9
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I don't doubt it...

Anyway, I don't blame Mari's dad, he is doing more than he should, but for me, the real jerk in the episode is Chika. I know you are depressed, but so are your dear friends, and you, as the leader, is the one who needs to tie them together, and don't forget that either you save the school or not, it is the last LL for the 3rd years

Sorry Chika, I've never liked you very much, but with this, you get the bottom of the list, just along Ruby
I'm going to defend Chika some here.

Chika had two goals that were about equally important to her - Saving the school, and doing well at Love Live. She and Aqours came up just short at saving her school (at least, that's how it seems right now). That has to be devastating to her, and I think she handled it as well as can be reasonably expected.

Also, part of me thinks the rest of Aqours should have just let Chika go ahead with that admittedly craycray plan of hers to go promoting her school to random passerbys. I mean, given how close it was...

Even if Chika's plan hadn't netted in two more people, she might have felt a greater closure over things knowing that she truly had went all-out doing everything she could think of. It's like the old pro sports saying - It's easier to accept a loss when you know you left it all out there on the field of competition. It's also arguably harder to "lose" the way Chika and Aqours did here than to lose by a lopsided amount. At least with a lopsided loss, you can often say "Well, we never really had a chance anyway, no point getting upset about something totally beyond our control". To come up short by just 2 people... that gotta sting.

To use a sports analogy, it's like losing in overtime of the deciding game of a series that goes the full length.