Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2019-03-14, 15:53   Link #21
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Man, that Thor and Captain Marvel scene felt way too forced, she literally has to do nothing but stand there and she is instantly liked... Sure, forget about the fact that the other characters had to have some sort of conflict with each other before they liked each other.
Part of the reason it may feel that way to you is because the trailer only shows the end portion of the scene. The full scene was previewed as part of Disney's annual shareholders meeting (any further details will require searching the 'Net).
Old 2019-03-14, 16:47   Link #22
Tenzen12

It might make sense in context, but watching this trailer really made realise how out of place CM is in this Movie. Everyone else has their stakes in this fight, friends they lost, assess handed to them by Thanos and I assume bonds stronger than ever with each other.

I don't have clue how can MCU reasonably fit Captain Marvel into such story.
Old 2019-03-14, 17:37   Link #23
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

CM is the Rey of the MCU.
Old 2019-03-14, 17:39   Link #24
Chosen_Hero

By the way, weird that no one is reporting on this:

Quote:
We spoke with a movie theater manager who asked for anonymity. He told us they had “exactly 25 no shows for every showing of Captain Marvel on Thursday through Saturday.”

The manager told us this was definitely abnormal, “It’s definitely not normal. People usually show up when they pay for tickets…I’m not sure what it is, we’ve seen big groups not show up before, but they get refunds.”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...s-controversy/

Yeah... Someone must have fucked up because this kind of anomaly is not normal at all. I mean who ever heard of people NOT getting refunds or at the very least changing the tickets to see another movie. Also the fact that it is a consistent number is very, very suspect. But I guess we would need to see if more theater managers come forward and shed more light into this.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:05   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Man, that Thor and Captain Marvel scene felt way too forced, she literally has to do nothing but stand there and she is instantly liked... Sure, forget about the fact that the other characters had to have some sort of conflict with each other before they liked each other.
Um, you’re judging a scene based on a few seconds taken completely out of context.....how about you wait until you’ve actually watched the scene to judge.

But even out of context, it’s clear it’s supposed to be a humorous scene, not a serious everybody-welcomes-her-just-like-that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It might make sense in context, but watching this trailer really made realise how out of place CM is in this Movie. Everyone else has their stakes in this fight, friends they lost, assess handed to them by Thanos and I assume bonds stronger than ever with each other.

I don't have clue how can MCU reasonably fit Captain Marvel into such story.
Since context is everything, wait until you actually see the movie to judge if she’s out of place, not a trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
CM is the Rey of the MCU.
Keep the toxic hate out of this thread and this forum, please.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:08   Link #26
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Keep the toxic hate out of this thread and this forum, please.
Calm down mate, the only one being remotely toxic so far is you.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:13   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Calm down mate, the only one being remotely toxic so far is you.
Dont tell me to calm down please. I’m perfectly calm. I am disgusted with people bringing up the Rey hate train even when it doesn’t belong in the current topic, though.
But I don’t think you understand the meaning of “toxic” in this context.
Old 2019-03-14, 18:50   Link #28
Tenzen12

You really freaking out, though. Noone actively hating on CM here yet and going full crusade can rub people wrong way. Even this thead can became toxic if people get too agitated.

Also I don't really care about trailer. I said scene can easily make sense in context. CM being only one not having any personal stakes in war against Thanos is true regardless though
Old 2019-03-14, 18:57   Link #29
kiak666

Quote:
You really freaking out, though. Noone actively hating on CM here yet and going full crusade can rub people wrong way. Even this thead can became toxic if people get too agitated.

Also I don't really care about trailer. I said scene can easily make sense in context. CM being only one not having any personal stakes in war against Thanos is true regardless though
Spoiler for Captain Marvel:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 19:01   Link #30
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Dont tell me to calm down please. I’m perfectly calm. I am disgusted with people bringing up the Rey hate train even when it doesn’t belong in the current topic, though.
But I don’t think you understand the meaning of “toxic” in this context.
How about you reign in your persecution complex before telling others what they should and should not do?

Nobody here is hating on Captain Marvel (I don't care for her, but I don't hate her), the scene yes, but not the character (if I wanted to I could have just made a comment about the photo). I suggest you seriously think about taking a break from the internet for a while.
Old 2019-03-14, 19:12   Link #31
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I guess so, but wasn't Danver chilling out in space for 30 years or something? There is bit of difference between loosing lifetime best friend/loyal retainer/almost son right in front of you and someone you didn't even talk for decades imho.
Old 2019-03-14, 19:14   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:

No I’m not freaking out. Calling me “freaking out” doesn’t make you guys sound right, you know.
As for hating, I never once said “hating” in any sense except for when erneiz_hyde literally called Carol MCU’s Rey.

Quote:
How about you reign in your persecution complex before telling others what they should and should not do?

Nobody here is hating on Captain Marvel (I don't care for her, but I don't hate her), the scene yes, but not the character (if I wanted to I could have just made a comment about the photo). I suggest you seriously think about taking a break from the internet for a while.
”Persecution complex?” I think you’re over exaggerating there; I called you out on judging a scene when you lacked the information to do so. Sure you’re free to do that. Just as I’m free to point out you’re wrong for it.
You realize you’re not making yourself sound better telling me to “take a break from the Internet,” right?

Apparently you and Tenzen are overreacting badly to my calling out the Rey commentary. That was it’s own thing and had nothing to do with you two. That’s why I separated the quotes. If I could, I would have made them seperate posts but that would have been multi-posting.
Old 2019-03-14, 19:19   Link #33
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
I guess so, but wasn't Danver chilling out in space for 30 years or something? There is bit of difference between loosing lifetime best friend/loyal retainer/almost son right in front of you and someone you didn't even talk for decades imho.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2019-03-14 at 19:44.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 19:29   Link #34
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You mean "Skrull" right?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 19:34   Link #35
Tenzen12

Quote:
We can argue about detail, but do you see where I am coming from or not? And if you do, do you disagree?
Old 2019-03-14, 19:38   Link #36
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You mean "Skrull" right?
He probably got hit by auto-correct. Happens to me all the time.
Old 2019-03-14, 19:38   Link #37
kiak666

Quote:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 19:41   Link #38
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Not only that, but also
Spoiler for Stockholder's Clip:
Old 2019-03-14, 19:43   Link #39
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You mean "Skrull" right?
Oh whoops. Yeah, I meant Skrull, sorry,

Quote:
We can argue about detail, but do you see where I am coming from or not? And if you do, do you disagree?
Well, yeah I guess I disagree. I do think CM can has as much stake in this as the rest of the cast. I do have concerns about how she will integrate with the rest of the cast though.
Old 2019-03-14, 19:45   Link #40
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

On the matter of Carol’s stake here, I think some people are forgetting that half the universe was wiped. The people on earth, the Skrulls she saved, anybody she befriended and/or saved out there........that’s a lot of people she cares about who probably died.

EDIT: Ninja’d a bit.